THE BROWNS BOARD

Njoku Back In

Dutch Oven

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

Fowler can barely cover the Steelers...so FuCk Him & The Steelers!.. this trade would have happened during the draft if this was true..Fair to say? 

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Fowler can barely cover the Steelers...so FuCk Him & The Steelers!.. this trade would have happened during the draft if this was true..Fair to say? 

It would have made sense, especially after they added two TEs through free agency and the draft.

But then again, if he would leave after this season through free agency, what would the Browns get for him in compensation? Could be a better pick than they would get for him via a trade. 

Fowler didn't say why Njoku has been wanting to get out of Cleveland for a year. 

Njoku could have been a terrific player, but Canton Mike and I, and others, have seen him walk around without his shirt, hardly being interested in what the coach was saying. He has the typical terrific athletic ability, he's very fast, etc etc etc.

But when it comes to being a *football player*, he likes a football paycheck, but the dropped passes, in training camp and games, and not being a good willing blocker... nope.

My opinion, he's found out the expectations from this new coaching staff that KNOWS what they are doing, and he wants to bail.

It's pretty bad when your punter is a hell of a lot more a *football player* than your first round TE. Poor drafting. No heart for the game.

https://www.brownsnation.com/jamie-gillan-shows-off-impressive-offseason-transformation/

and yes, we get a first round pick for him, I'm good ! but we won't. So, keep him. and if he holds out the entire season, let him.

Good article on the expectations involved in trading Njoku

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/07/browns-david-njoku-trade-value/

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

my bad. I meant Hooper.

DWAI. I knew what you meant.  It was just a John Belushi/Blutarsky "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" moment... 

Last time No Joke U had passes thrown at him - he looked like Edward Scissorhands trapped in the wrong career.   Hope we get something we need like a LBer in exchange...

It's humorous to watch the biggest rah-rah guys on here nearly break their necks to jump off a player or coaches bandwagon the second it is apparent the player or coach will no longer be a Cleveland Brown. 

Tuesday: RANDOM PLAYER IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER, HAS A GREAT LOVE FOR FOOTBALL AND IS A GREAT HUMAN BEING!
Wednesday: Random Player expresses desire to no longer play for Browns. RANDOM PLAYER IS A BUM, HAS ALWAYS BEEN HORRIBLE, OBVIOUSLY HATES THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, AND PROBABLY SUPPORTS THE TALIBAN! 

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Oh thank God the Grammar Nazi has returned. And you didn't misspell words this time! Adorbs. 

Don't mind poor Dutch gurl.. She has a bad case of Crabs and Dunning Kruger Effect...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

He's a piece of work. Of course he is pushing for a Joke-u trade as soon as he's his agent. No new deal, no coin in Drew's pocket. 

Rosenhaus is all about Rosenhaus.. He does not give one shit about the players he represents.. Drew does not understand the concept that he works for the player.. Not the other way around.. I can't stand him...

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

DWAI. I knew what you meant.  It was just a John Belushi/Blutarsky "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" moment... 

Last time No Joke U had passes thrown at him - he looked like Edward Scissorhands trapped in the wrong career.   Hope we get something we need like a LBer in exchange...

LOL LOL

David Njoku working to move past dropped passes ...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/02/...

Aug 02, 2018 · “Yes, he dropped some passes, but that is part of the game sometimes,” quarterback Tyrod Taylor said. “We know he can catch. His confidence is not broken or anything.” Browns coach Hue Jackson said he’s had conversations with Njoku about the drops, specifically last weekend’s.

David Njoku is demanding Cleveland Browns trade him? You ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/david-njoku...

In 2018, Njoku caught 56 passes. He still dropped eight passes and had the highest drop rate of any tight end in 2018 according to Profootballfocus. In contrast, Hooper has caught 146 passes...

David Njoku demands that the Cleveland Browns exchange it ...

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/07/david-njoku...

5 hours ago · In 2018, Njoku caught 56 passes. He lost another eight passes and recorded the highest drop rate of any tight end in 2018 according to Profootballfocus. Hooper, on the other hand, caught 146 passes against just four drops. Remember the new motto of Berry / Stefanski: players who are “tough, intelligent, responsible”.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

A) It would have made sense, especially after they added two TEs through free agency and the draft.

B) But then again, if he would leave after this season through free agency, what would the Browns get for him in compensation? Could be a better pick than they would get for him via a trade. 

C) Fowler didn't say why Njoku has been wanting to get out of Cleveland for a year. 

NewsBreaker! When dear wife asked you to help her with a few Walmart idem's... Tell her you'd rather paint the house 🤓.. It's hell out there fella's! 

A) If there was the slightest bleep of a draft trade? it would have got out by now with our media.. Instead.. a young 23 year old, average at best TE, agree's to sign his gifted* 5th year option?..🤔

B.) Gave the Packers a 4th already, to move up 4 slots to draft David.. TE- OJ Howard seems fair..or at least the 4th back, that could turn into 3rd if David does.. yada/yada/yada?

C.) Reguardless of the fact that David just saw every zoom meeting & formations of Stef's full playbook🧐... He just may not see a future fit as a TE2? He'd still get plenty of rep's in Stef's offense.. Butt, He also just told the 53, he did not want to play with* them... 

seem's like we've been here before with agent Drew Rosie- palms? (Pryor/Crow/Duke/Njoku)...

Let's see what young Berry does... and if Njoku is still around... than has to Show UP👀   

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Rosenhaus is all about Rosenhaus.. He does not give one shit about the players he represents.. Drew does not under the concept that he works for the player.. Not the other way around.. I can't stand him...

He's so immoral, he doesn't even conceal after he is being a liar, he laughs about it, with glee. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Don't mind poor Dutch gurl.. She has a bad case of Crabs and Dunning Kruger Effect...

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence. The combination of poor self-awareness and low cognitive ability leads them to overestimate their own capabilities.The term lends a scientific name and explanation to a problem that many people immediately recognize—that fools are blind to their own foolishness. As Charles Darwin wrote in his book The Descent of Man, "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

Nailed it. 🤣

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's humorous to watch the biggest rah-rah guys on here nearly break their necks to jump off a player or coaches bandwagon the second it is apparent the player or coach will no longer be a Cleveland Brown. 

Tuesday: RANDOM PLAYER IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER, HAS A GREAT LOVE FOR FOOTBALL AND IS A GREAT HUMAN BEING!
Wednesday: Random Player expresses desire to no longer play for Browns. RANDOM PLAYER IS A BUM, HAS ALWAYS BEEN HORRIBLE, OBVIOUSLY HATES THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, AND PROBABLY SUPPORTS THE TALIBAN! 

You get drafted in the first round we can’t hear “well he’s got potential” for three years now. 

you get a rookie year and a handful of dumb plays and then it’s time to produce. 

Others have had shorter leashes. 

writing on wall...we gave a TE BIG money.  We drafted another in the middle of the draft. He’s not in the future plans.  I would love to get a “playing for the next contract” type of year out of him.  I Just don’t think he’s capable 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

nickers, the human version of WWII France returns! 

You sick bastards!  I can't even drink soda while I'm reading this board anymore.  I'm left with 2 choices. Clean the beverage off my keyboard or explain to the warden why the keys are all sticky. If it's choice 2 - I'm gonna hunt your asss down and let you explain.  

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, calfoxwc said:

apparently, Njoku is afraid he'll come in third behind Hunter and Bryant.

The way he's dropped passes, trade him. Get First round draft pick. I'm good.

We won't get a 1st rounder.  Maybe a 4th or 5th.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You get drafted in the first round we can’t hear “well he’s got potential” for three years now. 

you get a rookie year and a handful of dumb plays and then it’s time to produce. 

Others have had shorter leashes. 

writing on wall...we gave a TE BIG money.  We drafted another in the middle of the draft. He’s not in the future plans.  I would love to get a “playing for the next contract” type of year out of him.  I Just don’t think he’s capable 

I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. I get why Browns fans would like him one day, and not like him the next. It's the people who would argue that Njoku is a potential Pro-Bowler on Monday, then a hack who will be lucky to be in the league in two seasons the next.

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. 

Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent and we're in the middle of a Pandemic reading this.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay for me/anyone else as a fan to expect a better response to adversity than what unfolded out of this 1st round talent/commitment?   If not, tough shittt!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay?

It's about being objective, that's all. There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite team to do well. 

But when a person has nothing but glowing things to say about a player one day, then the player magically sucks the next, it comes off a bit homerish. It's the sports version of "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT." There's no grey area with some people. That's all, Flugs. 

I've found Njoku to be somewhat disappointing, especially considering his draft position, and now that I know he doesn't want to be here? Bye Felicia. 

And dammit, stop with "your honor" stuff... leave that for Gipper! 😄

On 7/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, tiamat63 said:

To date, the sources he has linked have been better than yours.

Correction, at least the sources he has linked are real accounts and not whatever is in your head.  

The poster in question, tia, is so immoral, he doesn't even conceal after he is being a liar, he laughs about it, with glee. 

On 7/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, Dutch Oven said:

For a team that wants to use multi-TE sets early and often, this isn't great news.

But he's a free agent after this season, right? I doubt they were re-signing him anyways. 

I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

You are correct... the Browns a few months ago picked up his 5th year option, which means he would be a free agent after the 2021 season. I had forgotten about this. 

48 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are correct... the Browns a few months ago picked up his 5th year option, which means he would be a free agent after the 2021 season. I had forgotten about this. 

Adds value, which at this point, there doesn't seem to be much. His injury history and only 5 catches last season wont help.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     :huh:

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's about being objective, that's all. There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite team to do well. 

But when a person has nothing but glowing things to say about a player one day, then the player magically sucks the next, it comes off a bit homerish. It's the sports version of "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT." There's no grey area with some people. That's all, Flugs. 

I've found Njoku to be somewhat disappointing, especially considering his draft position, and now that I know he doesn't want to be here? Bye Felicia. 

And dammit, stop with "your honor" stuff... leave that for Gipper! 😄

😆 You're fine Dutch.  I wasn't sure who you were directing that at.  If it was me - I used it as an ideal time to bust your balls (which I don't do very often). Looks like we have the same opinions about Njoku as well as why we have them.

• Haha 1

I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

On 7/4/2020 at 8:51 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     :huh:

What changed is we signed Hooper, a pro bowl type player and drafted a TE in the 4th round.  David knows he is a pass catching TE with bad hands.  He needs to try to bluff someone else.

• Upvote 1