THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Saturday August 1

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey.    Give your opinions or answers:

1.  Which positions on the Browns will be  "up for grabs", i.e. where will there be competition for the starting jobs?

2. Cal   stated in a prior thread that  The Scottish Hammer  will be a "secret weapon".....which other player on the Browns do you think will prove to be a Secret Weapon, either on offense or defense?

3. Pro Football Focus ranked the Browns Running Back Corps as the #1  unit in the NFL.   What say you to that? 

4. It is speculated that Antonio Brown may sign with the Baltimore Ravens and be eligible to play for them after an 8 game suspension.   Do you think he would work out with them?

5. Which NFL player...non Browns.....do you think will Surprise the league and come out and have a Superstar Season, though he may not be expected to. 

6. What do you think about the different approaches that have been taken by the NBA (and NHL) being in their "Bubble", and MLB which did not "Bubble", and is now being thrown into chaos? 

1.  Which positions on the Browns will be  "up for grabs", i.e. where will there be competition for the starting jobs?

RG, LB

2. Cal   stated in a prior thread that  The Scottish Hammer  will be a "secret weapon".....which other player on the Browns do you think will prove to be a Secret Weapon, either on offense or defense?

Nojoku

3. Pro Football Focus ranked the Browns Running Back Corps as the #1  unit in the NFL.   What say you to that? 

Agreed

4. It is speculated that Antonio Brown may sign with the Baltimore Ravens and be eligible to play for them after an 8 game suspension.   Do you think he would work out with them?

No

5. Which NFL player...non Browns.....do you think will Surprise the league and come out and have a Superstar Season, though he may not be expected to. 

Tyrod Taylor

6. What do you think about the different approaches that have been taken by the NBA (and NHL) being in their "Bubble", and MLB which did not "Bubble", and is now being thrown into chaos? 

It's a mess.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

DT--OGun vs Billings///   FS--Delpit vs Sendejo/// Teller vs Hubbard///   CB3👀--Money Mitch vs Kevin Johnson vs AJ Green/// LB's a total toss-up.. but Mack Wilson is one..

Jedrick Wills will be the secret weapon if we have our answers at both RT & LT..  

Agree..but i don't get all this browns love coming from pff since the Stefanski hire..am waiting on a players gas leak. And if Stef has the balls to match or lite-her? 

Harbaugh vs Ray Rice part 2? Harbaugh won't be playing that tune again..and the truth still lies in the pending details..8 games for now.. 

Ever seen this former Buckeye stud named...JK Dobbins

I loved every minute of watching today our Carolina Hurricanes earn* a game 1 win over the NY Rangers.. with neither team kneeling for both anthems..And barely any covid case's have been a issue.. Game 1 playoffs today and Teams have been there a week..let's just see how this goes🤞

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The 3rd WR spot, maybe at LB and,believe it or not, if Baker gets no better, QB by midseason.

Delpit

Who would be ranked higher? Not now, but by mid-season possibly the Ravens. 

No. Not worth the risk; they have a legit Super Bowl run, why risk it by adding such an a hole?

Dobbins.

Such different sports. Could baseball even do a version of the bubble? 

Right Guard seemed to be there....but what is this I hear about Forbes  opting to not play? Curious...he could have had that job.   I think LB could be in flux all the way around.   That #2 CB could be a duel between Greedy and Mitchell. And it may be possible that Jordan Elliott could challenge along the DL. 

Offense:   I will make a bold prediction and say that Rashard Higgins will actually lead our WR corps in  TDs this year.  And here is a handful of hopeful if nothing else:  Olivier Vernon will terrorize QBs this year.  

I say  OORAH!   It will be a fact, sans injuries that the Browns RBs will be unstoppable for defenses.  D'Ernest Johnson will even do well at the #3 spot.  (Hilliard...no) 

Like I said elsewhere,  AB went full Retard, so why won't he stay there?  Oh, he has a cousin that plays on the Ratfuckers...so I am sure his cousin will be able to get him under control......NOT!

Cam Newton...if he comes back healthy.   While I truly believe that it was Brady that made  Belichick and not the other way around, that was not to say that BB was not a good coach. And he certainly demands discipline, and that is what Cam needs, and will achieve.  

Well, it certainly appears to me that the NBA and the NHL did things right by going into a "bubble", and fyi, MLB had talked about doing the same thing, by playing games in maybe 2 bubble in AZ and FLA. (they could have done it elsewhere IMO as well as spring trainig...  That probably would have been the smart thing.....but for whatever reason the MLBPA  seems to have NO fucking clue where it comes to this, and  basically forced that there be no bubble.   And this is what we get.  It IS a mess, and if it goes belly up because the Player's Association was so shortsighted...they would deserve what they get....which is NO pay whatsoever basically this year. 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, it certainly appears to me that the NBA and the NHL did things right by going into a "bubble", and fyi, MLB had talked about doing the same thing, by playing games in maybe 2 bubble in AZ and FLA. (they could have done it elsewhere IMO as well as spring trainig...  That probably would have been the smart thing.....but for whatever reason the MLBPA  seems to have NO fucking clue where it comes to this, and  basically forced that there be no bubble.   And this is what we get.  It IS a mess, and if it goes belly up because the Player's Association was so shortsighted...they would deserve what they get....which is NO pay whatsoever basically this year. 

The NFL is not going into a bubble, so are they fucking this up too? 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The NFL is not going into a bubble, so are they fucking this up too? 

shorting the season with no inter-conference games would have solved the less travel.. Domes in Dallas, Atlanta, Indy & Houston could have hub'd bubbles to play in.. Same as Zona, Vegas & LA? 

Thanks for the second thought? or is that the 5th? 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

shorting the season with no inter-conference games would have solved the less travel.. Domes in Dallas, Atlanta, Indy & Houston could have hub'd bubbles to play in.. Same as Zona, Vegas & LA? 

Someone came up with a novel idea for the NFL to "go to the bubble". (Sounds like a football version of 'Going to the mattresses')

In this hypothetical, four teams would go to one location, a "bubble". They would play each other for three weeks, then leave that "bubble" and return home to quarantine for two weeks. Then they would go to a new location for three more weeks with three more teams. Rinse, repeat. 

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Not sure how it would work if the NFL went into a "bubble".  How many  bubbles, i.e.  stadiums would they need to use?  The NHL is using just 2 arenas...both in Canada at Toronto and in Edmonton.     I do think a "dome" would be necessary....as...you would need  16 games per week...and that many in one or two stadiums would not work  in an outdoor, grass stadium.  They would get torn up too badly.  

The following cities have NFL Domes:   Atlanta,   Indy, Detroit, Minnesota, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, LA now,  Las Vegas now,  ...and maybe Seattle? (is that a dome?)  

Maybe pick  4 locations....assigning two divisions to each locale based on the current schedule  (and, maybe giving no one "home field" "

How about:   AFC North plays the NFC East this year....put them all in Indy (or to Detroit or  Minn.)

AFC South plays  NFC North......put them in Atlanta

The NFC South plays the AFC West  ....put them in Dallas

NFC West plays AFCE.....put them in like  Las Vegas or Houston

With each divisions  6 game interdivision round robin,  and the 4 games they play vs. the teams from the other conf.   that would give you 10 games.

UNLESS you want to do the same, except putting the AFC or NFC conferences that play each other in one location. 

The AFC North plays the AFC South this year.....put those divisions in Atlanta?

AFCW plays AFCE.......put them in Dallas? 

NFC North plays NFC South.  Put them in Indy?

NFCW plays NFCE.   Put them in Vegas?

There, again, you have almost your entire  Conference schedule in one place.   10 games.   Then you just have to figure out what to do with the games vs. the other Conf.....and that one straggler interconf. game. 

Bubble those up as well....using the formula above for the 4 games?  Maybe use different domes. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Someone came up with a novel idea for the NFL to "go to the bubble". (Sounds like a football version of 'Going to the mattresses')

In this hypothetical, four teams would go to one location, a "bubble". They would play each other for three weeks, then leave that "bubble" and return home to quarantine for two weeks. Then they would go to a new location for three more weeks with three more teams. Rinse, repeat. 

Or, see my scheme above.  They would be in a bubble of 8 teams for 10 weeks for perhaps all Conf. games but one.    Then they could "re-bubble" when they go to play the other conference. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Or, see my scheme above.  They would be in a bubble of 8 teams for 10 weeks for perhaps all Conf. games but one.    Then they could "re-bubble" when they go to play the other conference. 

Oh the lengths we will go for sports in particular football.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh the lengths we will go for sports in particular football.

I don't know.....it took me all of 5 minutes to figure the above out.    If the NFL really needed to do it,  they could figure it out easily.  They have high priced guys that can do that.   To get everything down logistically may take a bit longer than the 5 minutes I spent. 

Let's put it this way....it would be better likely than to have a situation like baseball has now where so many games are having to be postponed because they lack the ability to quarantine that it may jeopardize the season. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't know.....it took me all of 5 minutes to figure the above out.    If the NFL really needed to do it,  they could figure it out easily.  They have high priced guys that can do that.   To get everything down logistically may take a bit longer than the 5 minutes I spent. 

I was looking at the big picture of everything going on in all sports football might have the toughest road to get a season in.

If Roger login's? I'd request at least one of his attorney's million dollar court suits with the matching over Coat;)..New!  

Just now, mjp28 said:

I was looking at the big picture of everything going on in all sports football might have the toughest road to get a season in.

Not if they are not stupid about it.    But, OK, it may be more difficult....simply because of the size of the rosters.    Sure, it is easier to control a roster of like 15  basketball players than ...whatever,  55+?  the NFL rosters are going to be.  

It would NOT surprise me if the situation that baseball is facing now  with so many guys testing positive  would not be doubled...simply because of the roster sizes and .....let's face it, sorry, but the average  maturity level of football players is far less than the average baseball player.  It is not atypical that an MLB player does not hit the big leagues until they are 24-25 years old.    Football players hit the bigs at 21-22.  (even less for NBA...but their much smaller rosters make things more controllable). 

Sorry, I am going to ask for the Gumby Universal translator to be activated here for this one!

your idea would work & it's been discussed on reddit for a while now...maybe Goodell should have hired you as part of his attorney group? take the 3 piece suit as Roger's first gift...

did i type slow e n ou gh f O r YoooU? 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 1:38 PM, The Gipper said:

Pretty much all of them

Steven Carlson

Could be, it is pretty strong

He would work out for anybody

Not sure

Team size and playing indoors everywhere

On 8/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, The Gipper said:

Steven Carlson

OK, I gotta ask...Who is this guy?

A TE.  Made a great TD catch last season against the Steelers.  I think the kid has game.  One of those smart Princeton guys.

• Upvote 1