THE BROWNS BOARD

Keys to the Browns upcoming successful seasons - secret weapons

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Browns rotating Alex Taylor and Kendall Lamm at first team RT. Conklin seems fine on the sideline.  will he see LT snaps? paid like one..

WTF is this?   Conklin not brought in to be a backup

Conklin gets veteran time off. Happened last week and it wasn't a story. No worries here as far as I know! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm completely floored by Harrison Bryant. It's one thing to make a handful of catches in practice, but apparently he's been torching people from the beginning and still turning it on.

...on the other hand, we've never been able to cover TE's.  Even Njoku looked good today in the 2 quarter scrimmage.

How many TE's can we keep?  Given that we'll be keeping a FB also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

...on the other hand, we've never been able to cover TE's.  Even Njoku looked good today in the 2 quarter scrimmage.

How many TE's can we keep?  Given that we'll be keeping a FB also.

Made me happy to read that he had a good day. I'm not sure how many we can keep, but it's gotta be at least 4, right? Maybe even 5? Hooper, Njoku, Bryant, Pharaoh Brown, and possibly Carlson? 

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Apparently, Wills is a given at LT. Harris is a possibility at OG ? or center. and Harrison has been turning heads in training camp like crazy, going high for catching the ball...he's serious business. I think he's a huge steal. Word has it that Njoku is having a bad camp.

Njoku hasn’t had any competition like this in camp before. This TE room has so much potential 

• Upvote 1

I like Harrison Bryant a lot. He has, among other things, the 2 things I find most lacking in Njoku.....HEART & PASSION for the game. Those can't be taught. You either have them or you don't. I think Bryant's a football player. I don't think Njoku is. Don't get me wrong....I don't doubt for a minute Njoku's talent & ability. Many "flops" have had those. The INTANGIBLES are the difference.

Mike

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I like Harrison Bryant a lot. He has, among other things, the 2 things I find most lacking in Njoku.....HEART & PASSION for the game. Those can't be taught. You either have them or you don't. I think Bryant's a football player. I don't think Njoku is. Don't get me wrong....I don't doubt for a minute Njoku's talent & ability. Many "flops" have had those. The INTANGIBLES are the difference.

Mike

Cal, is that you?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Njoku hasn’t had any competition like this in camp before. This TE room has so much potential 

There's talent in the TE room and ridiculous talent in the backfield with Chubb and Hunt.

The Browns offense is set up to take pressure off Mayfield, and the offensive style by Stefanski should help the OLine (Wills specifically) get acclimated. 

A good running game and an effective, high percentage passing attack will also keep this defense off the field, which could be paramount for the Browns to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

56 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Cal, is that you?

Have your fun Tia. You don't need to like or agree with other's posts, but if making fun of others makes you feel like a big man, go for it boy.

I'm done with the punks on this board.

11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I've been critical of Njoku too; and his agent doesn't give me warm fuzzies in a final year of a contract in Cleveland ("don't get hurt there/now if you want big $ elsewhere next year!"). 

HOWEVER he played pretty well when Baker was a rookie with 56 receptions and 4 TDs.   Let's hope we see that chemistry restored now that TE is heavily featured. I've always heard competition is supposed to bring out the best in people.  Let's see what happens...

• Upvote 1

Bryant has won the Maurice Bassett for best rookie. He is a football player at heart - and catches the ball like crazy.

https://www.brownsnation.com/harrison-bryant-wins-award-for-best-rookie-during-training-camp/

16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Bryant has won the Maurice Bassett for best rookie. He is a football player at heart - and catches the ball like crazy.

https://www.brownsnation.com/harrison-bryant-wins-award-for-best-rookie-during-training-camp/

This may be why the Browns are not particularly all  that concerned about who their  3rd string WR will be:   They may see their primary passing attack, even in like 3rd and long, to be  the top WRs,  OBJ and Landry....and then their TE corps.  Guys like Hooper, Bryant now,  Njoku....can be  15 yards down the field guys.   Not to mention Kareem Hunt. 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This may be why the Browns are not particularly all  that concerned about who their  3rd string WR will be:   They may see their primary passing attack, even in like 3rd and long, to be  the top WRs,  OBJ and Landry....and then their TE corps.  Guys like Hooper, Bryant now,  Njoku....can be  15 yards down the field guys.   Not to mention Kareem Hunt. 

There are too many mouths to feed here but enough quality depth should injury or COVID hit.  

Throw in Hollywood too. I have no problem calling on any of these targets on 3rd And 8.  It would be Browns type move to split out a guy like Dernest Johnson and throw to him-  that’s the old browns though 

i think Hunt is going to be huge for us this year. 

i think we will see with this offense that OBJ AND Landry are a luxury.  We probably need  just one moving forward. This may not sit well with most on here but I can see it being a reality next offseason.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

There are too many mouths to feed here but enough quality depth should injury or COVID hit.  

Throw in Hollywood too. I have no problem calling on any of these targets on 3rd And 8.  It would be Browns type move to split out a guy like Dernest Johnson and throw to him-  that’s the old browns though 

i think Hunt is going to be huge for us this year. 

i think we will see with this offense that OBJ AND Landry are a luxury.  We probably need  just one moving forward. This may not sit well with most on here but I can see it being a reality next offseason.

I do NOT see it that way, particularly.   OBJ and Landry have far different roles, and fill far different needs.   Landry is the slot man, OBJ the outside threat.   Now...perhaps you could say that  Landry's slot role could be filled by one of the TE.  Maybe, but I would not like to see that done.  He is still a primary possession receiver...even with the TEs we have.