THE BROWNS BOARD

Love It, or Shove It Preseason

The Gipper

Here you go.  I will make a brief statement.....you just say if you love it, or shove it. And brief explanations encouraged.  Most of these gathered from talk show subjects or from this forum

1. Joe Burrow and his Bengals will finish with a .500 or better  record this year.   (this and all questions assume there is pretty much a full season of games)

2. Ben Roethlisberger will return to Hall of Fame Quarterback form. 

3. Lamar Jackson will continue to perform at an MVP level.

4. Washington will be playing the season as the No Name Team.

5. Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will compete for the NFC championship

6. Tyreke Hill says the Chiefs will win 5 titles before he and  Patrick Mahomes are done.

7.  The Kraken......Seattle hockey team name.

8. The Indians will challenge for the World Series this year.

9. Neither the Yankees nor Dodgers will play in the World Series this year.

10. Myles Garrett will compete for Defensive Player of the Year

11. The Browns offense will be nigh on unstoppable with the weapons they have and their new scheme under Stefanski

12. The Browns linebackers and their rush defense will be the teams major weakness this year.

1. Joe Burrow and his Bengals will finish with a .500 or better  record this year.   (this and all questions assume there is pretty much a full season of games)

Shove it.   He is a rookie, and in another thread the Ben-gals were given the 31st rank OL per PFF.  More of a recipe for disaster than success...or even mediocrity. 

Shove it.  He may come back OK....but odds are that he may also be Johnny U with the Chargers or Joe Namath with the Rams. (a shell of his former self)

Shove it..  Oh, he still will be good at the stuff he does.  But defenses can learn and adapt to any style...and don't forget the  PI factor Potential for Injury/Personal Injury.

Shove it.   It is a lame move.  It is just a continued indication of a dysfunctional operation.  They have been under the gun for years about changing their name.....and they easily could have/should have been prepared with alternative, acceptable nicknames. 

Love it.  They are a talented team. Brady will be a bit of glue to hold them together. Not saying they are SB bound...but the have the chance to compete. 

6. Tyreke Hill says the Chiefs will win 5 titles before he and  Patrick Mahomes are done.

Shove it.  They can certainly be in contention....and could win another one or two titles.  But I am NOT prepared at this point to declare them a dynasty. Could be Seahawk like....expected to win several titles....but seemed to fall short after one. 

Shove it, I guess.  I suppose it could grow on me,  but overall I don't like singular named teams:  The Heat. LIghtning, Magic. etc.  

Love it,  both the concept and the potential.......Tribe can contend.

Love the concept....but shove the reality.  Those are the best teams money can buy...and that may pay off in such a shortened season. 

Love it.  He will be on a mission.....and he will convert a lot of unbelievers. 

11. The Browns offense will be nigh on unstoppable with the weapons they have and their new scheme under Stefanski

Love it.  Quality talent  2 deep at each skill position.  Just have to have the right stage director.  I am optimistic that Stank is the guy. 

12. The Browns linebackers and their rush defense will be the teams major weakness this year.

I love it because, unfortunately, the statement is correct.  I would like them to force me to shove this where the sun don't shine...but I am not hopeful. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Myles Garrett will compete for Defensive Player of the Year

Opposing players will be 'quietly' calling him the N word to entice him into penalties or ejection.  

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Joe Burrow and his Bengals will finish with a .500 or better  record this year.   (this and all questions assume there is pretty much a full season of games) ....NO lucky to hit 6-10

2. Ben Roethlisberger will return to Hall of Fame Quarterback form..... YES if he doesn't break down.

3. Lamar Jackson will continue to perform at an MVP level..... YES as long as a big hit doesn't sideline him.

4. Washington will be playing the season as the No Name Team.....SHOVE this one.

5. Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will compete for the NFC championship.....SHOVE this one too.

6. Tyreke Hill says the Chiefs will win 5 titles before he and  Patrick Mahomes are done...... NO too hard to do now.

7.  The Kraken......Seattle hockey team name..... SHOVE it.

8. The Indians will challenge for the World Series this year.....LOVE it !

9. Neither the Yankees nor Dodgers will play in the World Series this year......eh SHOVE it.

10. Myles Garrett will compete for Defensive Player of the Year..... LOVE it, why not !

11. The Browns offense will be nigh on unstoppable with the weapons they have and their new scheme under Stefanski.....LOVE it, they have the QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, why not.

12. The Browns linebackers and their rush defense will be the teams major weakness this year...... unfortunately YES.

My slant on this only a few on my LOVE it or SHOVE it list.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here you go.  I will make a brief statement.....you just say if you love it, or shove it. And brief explanations encouraged.  Most of these gathered from talk show subjects or from this forum

Shove

Shove

Shove

Yes

Yes

Shove

Dumb

Yes

Shove

Love

Love

Shove

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Joe Burrow and his Bengals will finish with a .500 or better  record this year.  Shove .500..below*. but nobody had NFL tape on Baker's first season either...Burrow will have a good season, despite the Bengals sorry HC & staff 

2. Ben Roethlisberger will return to Hall of Fame Quarterback form. Hate it... and Ben's already in Hall, 5 years after she retires..should see a ageing off Peyton Manning'ish 

3. Lamar Jackson will continue to perform at an MVP level.  Shove it..Lamar may not see a full season...

4. Washington will be playing the season as the No Name Team.  Sure they will..the NFL record books, won't allow name changes mid-season...no?

5. Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will compete for the NFC championship  Shove that! Brees know's how to rope a goat 🐐 baa!

6. Tyreke Hill says the Chiefs will win 5 titles before he and  Patrick Mahomes are done. Shove! Tyreke Hill should be locked up in 2 years..bat chit women:ph34r: 🦇keep yapp'in

7.  The Kraken......Seattle hockey team name.  Love It! & love more Hockey

8. The Indians will challenge for the World Series this year. Lov-Shove...at O-O they all are challengers..but no, not enough sticks 

9. Neither the Yankees nor Dodgers will play in the World Series this year. When the rotten Apple is struggling? The Evil Empire rises...Yanks in..Dodge-ers Out...

10. Myles Garrett will compete for Defensive Player of the Year  Love It! Baller goes to Pro Bowl..💪

11. The Browns offense will be nigh on unstoppable with the weapons they have and their new scheme under Stefanski  Love it! all this train needed is a conductor of the offense..Baker too! can i keep my browns fan card?

12. The Browns linebackers and their rush defense will be the teams major weakness this year. Shove...lack of good* veteran back-ups behind young starters...

just popped Friday's first pop-top 🍺... things could change 4 pops later 🤓

Shove

Shove

Love

Love

Love

Shove

Shove

Shove

Shove

Shove

Shove

Shove

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

shove it.  The Division will not be easy.  I think Joe will have a few rookie growing pains too.

Shove it.  Here’s where we see the Eli and Rivers regression...ball comes out a little slower and gets to the WR a split second slower too.  Father Time.

shove it.  I have faith in scheming D coordinators to figure Lamar out and make him play most of the games in uncomfortable situations in the pocket and making him read defenses.

Love it.  It’s name it’s branding it’s important.  They will think it over.

shove it.  See Ben response.  I’m thinking 8-8.

Shove it I don’t think they have the chops on D to repeat.

I dunno.

Love it.  The expanded playoff means they get in and then they are pretty dangerous with a short staff in the playoffs with guys like Beebs and Clevinger. The forum won’t let me say B-e-I—b-e-r

shove it.  Yanks are scary good this year and have finally made pitching a priority again. 

love it if he plays 16 games.

shove it.  Gonna be more methodical.  Pound the rock, get first downs, maybe sprinkle in an occasional big pass.

shove it.  Backers take a step up in Year 2 and I like the dline we have against the run. We have the right mix with the front 4 to limit run games 

shove it.  Gonna be more methodical.  Pound the rock, get first downs, maybe sprinkle in an occasional big pass.

OK, but doing things methodically as you say could still mean they could be unstoppable.  Fair to say?  Those 2 top notch RBs and those TEs and that  top notch slot receiver could all be part of the...unstoppable.... methodical approach.  And then bring out the long range missile in OBJ from time to time. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, The Gipper said:

Shove it.   He is a rookie, and in another thread the Ben-gals were given the 31st rank OL per PFF.  More of a recipe for disaster than success...or even mediocrity. 

Shove it.  He may come back OK....but odds are that he may also be Johnny U with the Chargers or Joe Namath with the Rams. (a shell of his former self)

Shove it..  Oh, he still will be good at the stuff he does.  But defenses can learn and adapt to any style...and don't forget the  PI factor Potential for Injury/Personal Injury.

Shove it.   It is a lame move.  It is just a continued indication of a dysfunctional operation.  They have been under the gun for years about changing their name.....and they easily could have/should have been prepared with alternative, acceptable nicknames. 

Love it.  They are a talented team. Brady will be a bit of glue to hold them together. Not saying they are SB bound...but the have the chance to compete. 

Shove it.  They can certainly be in contention....and could win another one or two titles.  But I am NOT prepared at this point to declare them a dynasty. Could be Seahawk like....expected to win several titles....but seemed to fall short after one. 

Shove it, I guess.  I suppose it could grow on me,  but overall I don't like singular named teams:  The Heat. LIghtning, Magic. etc.  

Love it,  both the concept and the potential.......Tribe can contend.

Love the concept....but shove the reality.  Those are the best teams money can buy...and that may pay off in such a shortened season. 

Love it.  He will be on a mission.....and he will convert a lot of unbelievers. 

Love it.  Quality talent  2 deep at each skill position.  Just have to have the right stage director.  I am optimistic that Stank is the guy. 

I love it because, unfortunately, the statement is correct.  I would like them to force me to shove this where the sun don't shine...but I am not hopeful. 

This is exactly as I believe! Get outta my head Gip! 😎   Had to EDIT! I think our LBs will over-achieve!! ....that is all! 

• Upvote 1