THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Training Camp 2020

gumby73

30 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Saints supposedly shopping RB Alvin Kamara. 

If i could only play "gm for a day" at the Jets or Jags :D  Bye! Labia Bell 👋

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Now he can go buy some blow.

"For the love of the game ! ".     Surprised ?  A gift from the Patriots......

Wide receiver Josh Gordon's championship ring from Super Bowl LIII, which he was gifted by the New England Patriots despite not playing in the game, has sold for $138,000 at a sports auction, according to SportsCollectorsDaily.com.

Gordon, 29, played in 12 games for the Patriots in their 2018 Super Bowl championship season but was suspended by the NFL in December of that year and missed the playoffs, which included a 13-3 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII.

47 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

"For the love of the game ! ".     Surprised ?  A gift from the Patriots......

Wide receiver Josh Gordon's championship ring from Super Bowl LIII, which he was gifted by the New England Patriots despite not playing in the game, has sold for $138,000 at a sports auction, according to SportsCollectorsDaily.com.

Gordon, 29, played in 12 games for the Patriots in their 2018 Super Bowl championship season but was suspended by the NFL in December of that year and missed the playoffs, which included a 13-3 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII.

That will only make up for about 1/100 of his salary lost on his own stupidity over the years 

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

That will only make up for about 1/100 of his salary lost on his own stupidity over the years 

The incredible jerk Flash Gordon had over $8M in contracts about $3.7M guaranteed with the BROWNS plus much more than that with his doobie brother JFF just go up in smoke.    https://www.spotrac.com

Amazing, huh.  :blink:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The incredible jerk Flash Gordon had over $8M in contracts about $3.7M guaranteed with the BROWNS plus much more than that with his doobie brother JFF just go up in smoke.    https://www.spotrac.com

Amazing, huh.  :blink:

That and the next contract he could have had (Julio Jones type money) 3yr. 66m.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

That and the next contract he could have had (Julio Jones type money) 3yr. 66m.

Can you imagine for a 3 year contract getting a $25M signing bonus and $64M guaranteed ?  The money floating around in the NFL is insane.

And Josh threw it all away.......

Back to Training Camp....I enjoy Mike Priefer's pressers. The guy is straight forward & takes on all questions with some humor as well. I think a good move was made by retaining him.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Back to Training Camp....I enjoy Mike Priefer's pressers. The guy is straight forward & takes on all questions with some humor as well. I think a good move was made by retaining him.

Mike

Agreed! And it's rare when the Cleveland media ask's all the right questions... All during camp, I've been waiting for Grossi to ball up and ask one Question...

"Let's say Jedrick Will's goes down or just ain't ready (which could be blamed on short prep? and am fine with that..) But would Conklin be considered as your next best LT? Hubbard? Would Hubbard move back to RT? or Is Jed ahead of Hubbard at RT?"

I'm fairly certain the response would be.."We have a plan for every scenario"..  🤷‍♂️

But this one am interested to hear 🎤  & a full blown wait & see...I seriously think Callahan has this question on his media list card as "Don't ask!"

Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end):   I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert.  Kicking in that stadium in the  swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.

Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers.  I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season.  The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.

.....did anyone else feel that way?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Orion said:

Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end):   I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert.  Kicking in that stadium in the  swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.

Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers.  I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season.  The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.

.....did anyone else feel that way?

I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...

Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...

Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers. 

Yep. Phil got better with time and, as stated previously, he knew those winds like the back of his hand. He would be a great addition, but we don't know whether or not HE would be interested OR considered.

Phil didn't conquer those winds overnight, so we need to be patient with Siebert as well.

Mike  

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep. Phil got better with time and, as stated previously, he knew those winds like the back of his hand. He would be a great addition, but we don't know whether or not HE would be interested OR considered.

Phil didn't conquer those winds overnight, so we need to be patient with Siebert as well.

Mike  

I remember Phil had trouble from distance early in his career and I remember fans wanting a kicker with a bigger leg.  I just looked back we only attempted 9 fields over 50 in his first nine years. That changed dramatically toward the Last half of his career. He had 18 attempts in his last five years with the Browns.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. 

...he was a legend to me in season 1.  I was quite proud of the way our ST ran out onto the field with no TO's, didn't fuck up like an expansion team, and beat the fuckin' Steelers.

November 14, 1999:  Browns at Steelers

With the clock running and no time outs, Dawson and the FG team run out and get off a 39-yard  kick just before the clock hits 0:00 to grab win 16-15 in dreaded Three Rivers Stadium.

• Upvote 2