THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Training Camp 2020

gumby73

The Cleveland Browns officially added wide receiver Damion Willis to the 80-man roster on Saturday.

To make room for Willis, the club released wide receiver D.J. Montgomery.

The Browns claimed Willis off waivers from the Cincinnati Bengals on Wednesday but needed to wait for him to clear the COVID-19 screening and testing protocol before he could be added to the active roster.

Willis, who is 6-foot-3 and 204 pounds, joined the Bengals in 2019 as an undrafted free agent out of Troy. He played 10 games for Cincinnati, making two starts, and finished his rookie season with nine receptions for 82 yards.

He may be more widely known for playing two seasons at East Mississippi Community College, which was featured on the first two seasons of the Netflix documentary Last Chance U.

The addition of Willis keeps Cleveland’s wide receiver group at a robust 11 players.

Montgomery was an undrafted free agent in 2019 and he spent the entire season on Cleveland’s reserve/injured list after he had a hamstring injury during the preseason.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

5. Njoku’s Mysterious Disappearance: After coming out to begin practice, TE David Njoku walked back inside a little bit after, and “didn’t appear to be injured.”

Than the twitter verse went Njoku trade shopping.. and most are guessing maybe traded to Colts for FS Malik Hooker👀..Colts may have lost their TE2.. guess we'll see shortly...

Yanick Ngakoue really wanted out of J-ville...Traded to Vikings for a 21 2nd & a 2022 5th,that could get to a 4th or 3rd...Ngakoue as reported...maybe taking a deal just under 13M with Vikes, not needing to sign Jags tag price of over 17M👀...Vikings? welcome to cap hell! but loaded up on defense..

Finally... The Browns will play a inter-squad scrimmage today at FES, starting about 1:30.. Live updates can be found at cleveland.com...But, I'm not sure if Browns Daily will have access to airing it? 

Two weeks away from at Ravens?  Was there ever a doubt? ;).... 🏈😷  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Finally... The Browns will play a inter-squad scrimmage today at FES, starting about 1:30.. Live updates can be found at cleveland.com...But, I'm not sure if Browns Daily will have access to airing it?   

Last night I swear I heard Grossi say that from here to the start of the season practices are closed to the media. 

With no preseason games and with baseball only a month or so into their season (but only a month or so until it ends) I sometimes forget its almost September. Hard to believe the season is almost starting, and with a new coaching staff and no real offseason, I sure hope they are ready for it. 

Hell, only a week until I post Dutch's Questions... everyone start figuring out their Browns predictions!  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Yanick Ngakoue really wanted out of J-ville...Traded to Vikings for a 21 2nd & a 2022 5th,that could get to a 4th or 3rd...Ngakoue as reported...maybe taking a deal just under 13M with Vikes, not needing to sign Jags tag price of over 17M👀...Vikings? welcome to cap hell! but loaded up on defense..

Anybody trust Cabot's sources on this one? https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/the-browns-had-serious-trade-talks-for-yannick-ngakoue-dealt-to-the-vikings-but-opted-to-move-on.html

28 minutes ago, Orion said:

One never knows what to expect with Njoku.  He's a roller coaster.

He really is. 

They used a first rounder on a physically talented, but raw 21 year old kid... and in many ways he's still just that. 

I think there's room for three talented TEs in this offense, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

52 minutes ago, Orion said:

One never knows what to expect with Njoku.  He's a roller coaster.

2 minute drill vid.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Finally... getting a day off.. I got to watch Browns Live actually LIVE*.... some of what i saw

1) Kenum is legit. a) Few wasted steps working around the pocket.. b.) gets the ball out quickly to the right guy. accurate c) he's not counting on seeing the receiver than throwing..he's trusting the playbook than leading receivers to his thrown ball.. world of difference, from Baker right now..

2.) I don't mind the 2's being legit either..at some point, we can interchange them within the packages/units. Either Woods has got his players in the right spots? Or and by now? They know the playbook just as well as the offense too? were not solely relying on LB's in coverage.. groups are flocking to the football..

3.) We showed nothing that says we can stop the Run less than 5 yards downfield👎..... But for god please....Run the damn Rock!! than do it again...👍

4) Pre-snap delay of games & False Starts & illegal formations.... 🛑 Stop them :ph34r:..being stupid will cost you drives..... while holding sometimes saves lives.. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yup, then you need a 4th TE.  One who can block well.

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

2 minute drill vid.

I like that #30.  I liked him last year.  I like him better than Hilliard.  It's not too long before we find out what a new coaching regime thinks of him / them.

37 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I hope so.

Z

The funding is on me this season...I just need to find out from Tour, if he'd still run it on his account... Are we still all good with Chatzy?       Tour2ma? where ya been? hoke us poke us   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

The funding is on me this season...I just need to find out from Tour, if he'd still run it on his account... Are we still all good with Chatzy?       Tour2ma? where ya been? hoke us poke us   

All is good as long as Tour checks in. I am drinking heavily in a bar on Sundays, so, as always, I wish you well.

Z

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Always welcome anytime Z..thou, nothings better than a browns backer club on gamedays..enjoy!

Pm'd Tour and he's not logged in since this past Wednesday... maybe final roster spots coming up or polly board will get him jumpin in again?... stay tuned..

13 hours ago, Orion said:

I like that #30.  I liked him last year.  I like him better than Hilliard.  It's not too long before we find out what a new coaching regime thinks of him / them.

Gonna be hard to push past Hunt into the #2 spot behind Chubb. But I agree he should be ahead of Hilliard @ #3.

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

All is good as long as Tour checks in. I am drinking heavily in a bar on Sundays, so, as always, I wish you well.

Z

Oh God in the wonderful days in bars...... before computers.   :D

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He really is. 

They used a first rounder on a physically talented, but raw 21 year old kid... and in many ways he's still just that. 

Njoku easily has the ability to be an Eric Ebron type-not every down material, but still a (when healthy) marked red zone threat. A Jumbo type personnel lineup, 1st and Goal with Chubb, OBJ, Landry/Bryant, Njoku, and Hooper? on paper, good luck with that.

• Like 1

I keep reading about Baker Mayfield not really playing well and it's scaring me. Like...there really isn't that much time left before you go meet a playoff team. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I keep reading about Baker Mayfield not really playing well and it's scaring me. Like...there really isn't that much time left before you go meet a playoff team. 

Do you think those reports are accurate OR significant? This is a serious question, not rhetorical. He may not have had enough reps with the new offense to be comfortable yet. Word is (direct from coach Arians) that Brady hasn't looked comfortable in his new O either. It takes time, even for the GOAT. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Last night I swear I heard Grossi say that from here to the start of the season practices are closed to the media.  

nailed it! were going camp dark, the rest of the way... 

from DBN's 

As the #Browns get ready for Week 1 in less than two weeks, they appear to be in lockdown mode regarding what goes on in practice now. No tweets during open period of practice for media, no reporting on who is with 2nd/3rd team, formations, trick plays, etc. Makes sense.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, Orion said:

Cleveland Browns Training Camp   #30 D'ernest Johnson....

This Kid has a whale 🐳 of a story from last season... "let's go fishing"  https://www.brownszone.com/2019/08/22/the-rb-and-the-sea-dernest-johnson-goes-from-working-on-fishing-boat-to-having-real-chance-to-make-browns/

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

Do you think those reports are accurate OR significant? This is a serious question, not rhetorical. He may not have had enough reps with the new offense to be comfortable yet. Word is (direct from coach Arians) that Brady hasn't looked comfortable in his new O either. It takes time, even for the GOAT. 

I sure hope you're right. The problem in camp is that the defense generally knows what the offense is doing (to some extent), so that's one thing. But what concerns me the most was reading about Baker sailing passes high. That's gotta be corrected or else he literally won't be able to play in the league. Can't be throwing high...especially over the middle. 

• Like 1