THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Training Camp 2020

gumby73

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Again with the voices in your head.   YOU making a statement like that has no credibility.  We need to see your sources.  Not claiming you are incorrect, just saying that we need something far more reliable than your word.

The same would go for me.....if I just said  "I am hearing that frogs and dogs can procreate"  I would expect to give you some reliable source for that. 

Again.. I owe you nothing... Run along now gippy and drink your Meta...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

No OTA's, rookie camp or Mini camp...  I would call it bullshit if I DIDN'T hear that Jed isn't having an up and down start.  

Tia....did YOU actually have some credible source for this?  

Nevertheless, I do have a source.....from Clevelandbrowns.com....Andrew Gribble, senior staff writer:

3. Wills getting early test from Vernon

Even though Myles Garrett hasn't been on the field, rookie LT Jedrick Wills Jr. has been getting an immediate, high-end test going against Pro Bowl veteran Olivier Vernon.

Wills has held his own as a part of the starting offensive line, and Stefanski has liked what he's seen from the rookie.

"I think that is great when you get good against good," Stefanski said. "I think that will only help Jedrick in his development. I talked to (DE) Olivier today, and we are pushing Jed and he is part of that. He is getting his work in, but we definitely like the idea that Jed is facing off a good, veteran player."

This is from August 16.   If there is some update, let us know. 

And, by the way.....IF in the last week,  they have decided to pit  Wills against Garrett.....it may be possible that  Garrett has taken him to the wood shed a bit.   But since I am predicting that Garrett will be an unstoppable force come this year....and in contention for NFL DPOY....It would not be surprising that Wills may struggle against HIM.  EVERY LOT in the NFL is going to do that....IMO

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

No OTA's, rookie camp or Mini camp...  I would call it bullshit if I DIDN'T hear that Jed isn't having an up and down start.  

https://brownszone.com/2020/08/20/training-camp-log-day-6-3/    all this folks^^ and here comes Garrett https://brownszone.com/2020/08/22/myles-garrett-doesnt-want-jedrick-wills-to-get-discouraged-but-wont-hold-back-in-their-1-on-1-battles/  As #95 should 💪..Becton nor Andrew Thomas has cats like these, lined up across from them..

Edit-- Welcome Back to the Stef/Shanny offense of day 7 in camp.. https://clevelandbrowns.com/news/fresh-takes-on-field-observations-from-day-7-of-training-camp    

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I wasn't making the assertion, only providing a personal opinion.   

I would also expect him to be less than perfect as he is in the middle of a switch from RT to LT in this 'through the looking glass' off season.

12 hours ago, Orion said:

I would also expect him to be less than perfect as he is in the middle of a switch from RT to LT in this 'through the looking glass' off season.

I believe there were a few opinions in here that There wasn’t a Tackle in this draft class ready to step in play well from day 1. 

it would be up and down in season 1. 

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns practice cancelled today. Presumptive positive Covid tests from players and/or coaching staff. 

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1297538102379139072/photo/1

Presumptive?   I take that as a "there were positive tests, but, there may have been errors in the process that gave false positives and we are waiting to confirm"

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Presumptive?   I take that as a "there were positive tests, but, there may have been errors in the process that gave false positives and we are waiting to confirm"

Errors? In the testing process for COVID?? That gives false positive results???

Nah, that doesn't happen. 

Say Hello LB !!... https://brownszone.com/2020/08/23/browns-sign-lb-malcolm-smith-former-super-bowl-mvp/   to make room C Casey Dunn moved to IR (foot)

Edit-- Due to practice changes... No* Pads, no media reports nah-therrr ..

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Tests all came back negative per MKC, Browns practice back on. 

Don't take this the wrong way but, Which one is it?    The facility closed and went through a Deep Cleaning and Disinfecting.  That ain't cheap.  Although what's money to these teams?

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Don't take this the wrong way but, Which one is it?    The facility closed and went through a Deep Cleaning and Disinfecting.  That ain't cheap.  Although what's money to these teams?

Originally something was indicating that there could be positive tests, but when they ran the tests again to double-check them they came back negative? (I guess?)  Apparently there was an issue with the lab in New Jersey that ran the tests. There were false positives for multiple teams, and when verified they came back negative. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Originally something was indicating that there could be positive tests, but when they ran the tests again to double-check them they came back negative? (I guess?)  Apparently there was an issue with the lab in New Jersey that ran the tests. There were false positives for multiple teams, and when verified they came back negative. 

Whew!  That scenario could've brought the whole thing crashing down.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Whew!  That scenario could've brought the whole thing crashing down.

I still have some doubts about how well this is going to go, but so far, so good on starting the season as scheduled, sans the preseason games.

Can't believe the Browns opener will be hours finished by this time three weeks from now. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-secondary-suffers-brutal-monday-200136122.html

Browns secondary suffers a brutal Monday practice session

Monday was a terrible day on the injury front for the Cleveland Browns secondary. Already missing top slot CB Kevin Johnson with his liver injury, three other prominent players left Monday’s practice session in Berea with injuries.

The most prominent is a potentially huge blow to the defense with rookie safety Grant Delpit suffering what appeared to be an Achilles injury. Delpit went to the ground just before team drills and was clutching at the back of his calf in obvious agony.

Delpit was the most serious of the injuries, but he wasn’t alone. Starting cornerback Greedy Williams also left the practice field before the session ended. He left under his own power but Williams was assisted by trainers back into the facility.

Recent arrival M.J. Stewart also caught the injury bug on Monday. Stewart was spotted with his leg heavily wrapped in ice before practice ended. He had been replacing Johnson’s role in the lineup.

Terrance Mitchell sat out Monday’s session for undisclosed reasons. That left Denzel Ward, Donovan Olumba, Tavierre Thomas, Robert Jackson, A.J. Green and Donnie Lewis Jr. as the cornerbacks to finish practice.

We’ll keep you updated on the injury status of all the Browns’ walking wounded as they become available.

• Sad 1

A frustrating work Monday, just got more frustrating 🤓 

I'm just going to a) throw this up, b.) go grab several brews c) throw darts as hard as i can at the browns Tart Board 🎯 d) hope I don't show up on the Browns IR list by :ph34r: sunrise.. See ya!

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2020-live-updates-for-sunday-aug-23.html   Now where did I put that classic hit? I don't like Mondays 🎶

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-secondary-suffers-brutal-monday-200136122.html

Browns secondary suffers a brutal Monday practice session

Monday was a terrible day on the injury front for the Cleveland Browns secondary. Already missing top slot CB Kevin Johnson with his liver injury, three other prominent players left Monday’s practice session in Berea with injuries.

The most prominent is a potentially huge blow to the defense with rookie safety Grant Delpit suffering what appeared to be an Achilles injury. Delpit went to the ground just before team drills and was clutching at the back of his calf in obvious agony.

Delpit was the most serious of the injuries, but he wasn’t alone. Starting cornerback Greedy Williams also left the practice field before the session ended. He left under his own power but Williams was assisted by trainers back into the facility.

Recent arrival M.J. Stewart also caught the injury bug on Monday. Stewart was spotted with his leg heavily wrapped in ice before practice ended. He had been replacing Johnson’s role in the lineup.

Terrance Mitchell sat out Monday’s session for undisclosed reasons. That left Denzel Ward, Donovan Olumba, Tavierre Thomas, Robert Jackson, A.J. Green and Donnie Lewis Jr. as the cornerbacks to finish practice.

We’ll keep you updated on the injury status of all the Browns’ walking wounded as they become available.

Did I miss something?  No mention of Greedy Williams. 

Good news or bad news depending on how you look at it...

"The Browns practiced without four of their five top cornerbacks. That the passing game still couldn’t gain any traction either says the offense is struggling or the Browns have the deepest secondary in modern football history."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/passing-offense-continues-sputter-browns-113246803.html

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

Good news or bad news depending on how you look at it...

"The Browns practiced without four of their five top cornerbacks. That the passing game still couldn’t gain any traction either says the offense is struggling or the Browns have the deepest secondary in modern football history."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/passing-offense-continues-sputter-browns-113246803.html

It has to be the latter, because the former cannot be true. Freddie Kitchens was the sole reason the offense struggled last year.... 😐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It has to be the latter, because the former cannot be true. Freddie Kitchens was the sole reason the offense struggled last year.... 😐

Of course it's possible to have a good bit of both.

- New coach, new OC, new personnel, new language, new philosophy (to an extent)   COVID struck so - limited off season work, no OTA's, no mini camps...

- Joe Woods is comes in, puts players in a better position to succeed, cuts down his calls to make the early digestion of  the defense easier,  players fly around faster having to think less...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It has Been a beating a dead horse competition on this issue.  You are kind on onboard where I saw things last year.

Blame assignment game:

Baker 33% - Poor reads, poor movement in the pocket (did really well in the category his rookie year) leaving clean pockets, missed throws

Playcaller/Personnel groups 33%- we were destined for failure I’d estimate a 33% prior to the snap.  I can go back each game and I’m sure if you read the comments of each game we have an abundance of head scratchers each game.

Oline 16.5%- Baker and the past regime made this area more of need than it actually needed to be based on the above.  But no doubt their were series and a few games that the edges could not hold up.

WRs 16.5%.- I love OBJ but he needs to improve his play and effort during play breakdowns.  Rolling and coming back to the QB.   There were times throughout the year we had a WR go left and he should have gone right.  We had injuries, guys sitting out before and during the season and guys playing hurt.  So continuity didn’t exist.

I’m lost on the last 1% any guesses?

anyway Joe Woods is darn good coordinator he will have a taller task this year in Cleveland than what he had in SF. He’s got some pieces here though.

• Thanks 1