Sign in to follow this  
gumby73

Browns Training Camp 2020

I betchya fewer 'older vets' get cut this year.  If for no other reason than , they know the system, they know the plays, the coaches know them (this of course, rarely applies to us as we're always firing coaches).  They are going to have such a short period of time, and no games for evaluating actual on field, full speed talent of new players.  

I'm not certain, but I think the cut down to 80 is a couple of days before pads go on.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I betchya fewer 'older vets' get cut this year.  If for no other reason than , they know the system, they know the plays, the coaches know them (this of course, rarely applies to us as we're always firing coaches).  They are going to have such a short period of time, and no games for evaluating actual on field, full speed talent of new players.  

I'm not certain, but I think the cut down to 80 is a couple of days before pads go on.  Next Sunday August 16th..

From the Rumor mill.. Keep your ears open to a FA RG Josh Kline. Kline played in Stef's system at Vikings. #26 in top 100 FA's.Than grab 1 more off the final scrap pile.If Berry want's a RG position competition? Bring him on, before pads & hit the playbook.. But get this...

So am listening to the Professor John Clayton on NFL radio delivering my route..Jimmy the 11th caller from Cleveland ask Clayton.. 

1) Rules to PS eligibility-- Clayton agree's that it's 16.. 10 can be with no experience..6 can be Veterans..But still only 4 can be protected from not being picked off your PS of 16 🤔 

2) Clayton stated that..eligible FA's can only pass team Physical's at Team's Camp sites..They also have to pass 3 Covid tests before entering there Buildings to get said Team Physical's 🙃 so 4 days later, teams may be able to sign a FA.. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

eligible FA's can only pass team Physical's at Team's Camp sites..They also have to pass 3 Covid tests before entering there Buildings to get said Team Physical's 🙃 so 4 days later, teams may be able to sign a FA.. 

.....that's right....the infamous COVID test days.  By the time the team is heading off to the first game he'll still be figuring out his way around the facility.  "Where's the rest room?"

So that last roster cut signing is not gonna help you much early on. 

Browns a week away from padded practice. And were back to a full 80 man squad. J.Landry/Pharaoh Brown & Karl Joesph have all returned from the PUP list. To date we have nobody on Covid/reserve..

Few noted transactions.. Browns have added a Cornerback- MJ Steward..And added a Guard-Micheal Dunn..TE-Nate Wieting was Waived.. Roster is a 80..

Games are played with game Officials. Here's a Covid19/opt out, agreement with the NFL..  https://nfl.com/news/nflra-announce-protections-for-2020-season-opt-out-program      

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

And added a Guard-Micheal Dunn.

- Dunn is 6-5, 315-pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of Maryland. Originally signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Dunn has spent time on the Rams (2017) and Jaguars (2018) practice squads. He also spent time with the Dolphins during the 2019 preseason and was a member of the Birmingham Iron (AAF) in 2019 and Seattle Dragons (XFL) in 2020. -

...pickin's are a little slim out there.