THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Training Camp 2020

gumby73

I betchya fewer 'older vets' get cut this year.  If for no other reason than , they know the system, they know the plays, the coaches know them (this of course, rarely applies to us as we're always firing coaches).  They are going to have such a short period of time, and no games for evaluating actual on field, full speed talent of new players.  

I'm not certain, but I think the cut down to 80 is a couple of days before pads go on.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

I betchya fewer 'older vets' get cut this year.  If for no other reason than , they know the system, they know the plays, the coaches know them (this of course, rarely applies to us as we're always firing coaches).  They are going to have such a short period of time, and no games for evaluating actual on field, full speed talent of new players.  

I'm not certain, but I think the cut down to 80 is a couple of days before pads go on.  Next Sunday August 16th..

From the Rumor mill.. Keep your ears open to a FA RG Josh Kline. Kline played in Stef's system at Vikings. #26 in top 100 FA's.Than grab 1 more off the final scrap pile.If Berry want's a RG position competition? Bring him on, before pads & hit the playbook.. But get this...

So am listening to the Professor John Clayton on NFL radio delivering my route..Jimmy the 11th caller from Cleveland ask Clayton.. 

1) Rules to PS eligibility-- Clayton agree's that it's 16.. 10 can be with no experience..6 can be Veterans..But still only 4 can be protected from not being picked off your PS of 16 🤔 

2) Clayton stated that..eligible FA's can only pass team Physical's at Team's Camp sites..They also have to pass 3 Covid tests before entering there Buildings to get said Team Physical's 🙃 so 4 days later, teams may be able to sign a FA.. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

eligible FA's can only pass team Physical's at Team's Camp sites..They also have to pass 3 Covid tests before entering there Buildings to get said Team Physical's 🙃 so 4 days later, teams may be able to sign a FA.. 

.....that's right....the infamous COVID test days.  By the time the team is heading off to the first game he'll still be figuring out his way around the facility.  "Where's the rest room?"

So that last roster cut signing is not gonna help you much early on. 

Browns a week away from padded practice. And were back to a full 80 man squad. J.Landry/Pharaoh Brown & Karl Joesph have all returned from the PUP list. To date we have nobody on Covid/reserve..

Few noted transactions.. Browns have added a Cornerback- MJ Steward..And added a Guard-Micheal Dunn..TE-Nate Wieting was Waived.. Roster is a 80..

Games are played with game Officials. Here's a Covid19/opt out, agreement with the NFL..  https://nfl.com/news/nflra-announce-protections-for-2020-season-opt-out-program      

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

And added a Guard-Micheal Dunn.

- Dunn is 6-5, 315-pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of Maryland. Originally signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Dunn has spent time on the Rams (2017) and Jaguars (2018) practice squads. He also spent time with the Dolphins during the 2019 preseason and was a member of the Birmingham Iron (AAF) in 2019 and Seattle Dragons (XFL) in 2020. -

...pickin's are a little slim out there.

The Cleveland Browns have made the following roster moves:

Signed (1):

Waived (1):

CB Jameson Houston  

Fair is a 6-2, 310 pound rookie out of Temple. Originally signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent, Fair started 42 of his 45 career games at Temple. He is a native of Akron and attended Firestone High School.

---------

....why would KC need him?  They have Irving.  

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Signed (1):

Waived (1):

CB Jameson Houston  

Fair is a 6-2, 310 pound rookie out of Temple. Originally signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent, Fair started 42 of his 45 career games at Temple. He is a native of Akron and attended Firestone High School.

---------

....why would KC need him?  They have Irving.  

He's a Cowboy now. Chiefs didn't need him either.

Zombo

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 10:03 PM, Orion said:

Waived (4):   WR Tony Brown,    LB Jermaine Grace,   DE George Obinna,   DT Justin Zimmer (non-football injury)

The Browns active roster is currently at 80 players.

Browns bring back & sign DE George Obinna (this guy is built like a tank 💪, but undersized to play in today's DE world, imo)..Than cut a un-drafted DT in Jeff Whatley.. so maybe we were after the Eagles Vinny Curry? Waiting on the results of a surprise Wednesday visit to camp by G Ronald Leary..

and here's a total preview of before phase 1 of conditioning camp & more https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/cleveland-browns-2020-training-camp-preview-everything-you-need-to-know.html  But will STO (sports time ohio) be airing the Friday start of Camp from 2-4pm? pads can go on Sunday..   

Day 1 recap  https://dawgsbynature.com/2020/8/14/21369223/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-1-welcome-to-2020     

media tweets (stroll bar down) https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2020-live-updates.html   

Browns Daily full Camp video is up on Youtube.. over 2 hours! and I will not be posting that kind of long bandwidth Daily...   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, gumby73 said:

1) Rules to PS eligibility-- Clayton agree's that it's 16.. 10 can be with no experience..6 can be Veterans..But still only 4 can be protected from not being picked off your PS of 16 🤔 

Being able to protect 4 is better than what it was.  I assume you have to pay them more.

On STO after the Indians game I saw parts of the BROWNS training camp daily......yeah it feel like it's finally football season.

Interesting bit on the new BROWNS new coach flying down to Texas to meet with Mayfield just before the pandemic hit.

For the first time since 2014, Cleveland Browns Training Camp Daily returns to SportsTime Ohio. From April 21, 2017 02:30 AM nearing the end of that agreement.

STO is excited to take Browns fans inside Browns Training Camp with Training Camp Daily, debuting this Thursday, July 27 at 11pm. Each new 30-minute show will debut daily of Training Camp days, including weekends, following Indians game coverage with a replay the following morning at 11am. There will be a total of 15 shows.

During each show, the most recognizable and informed Browns broadcasters in the region will interview players, cover roster decisions, report position battles, provide injury updates, and discuss the upcoming season from the sidelines of the practice field in Berea.

Hear from this group of experts, who knows the Browns like no one else:

•                     Jim Donovan

•                     Doug Dieken

•                     Tony Grossi

•                     Nathan Zegura

•                     Matt Wilhelm

•                     Dustin Fox

Earlier this year, STO, FOX Sports Ohio and the Cleveland Browns reached a new multi-year television agreement. As part of this renewed partnership, STO will deliver the most comprehensive coverage of the Browns starting withTraining Camp Daily and continuing all season with Red Zone and Building the Browns.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-waste-no-practice-time-establishing-an-offensive-identity-early-in-training-camp.html

Interesting article on how the offense looks early on. 

Can't believe it is only four weeks until the season begins, in Baltimore. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-waste-no-practice-time-establishing-an-offensive-identity-early-in-training-camp.html

Interesting article on how the offense looks early on. 

Can't believe it is only four weeks until the season begins, in Baltimore. 

Kind of what I imagined.  Ground and pound, lot's of underneath stuff to the two tight ends.  I don't mind 5-6 yard pass plays.  Do that enough you draw the safties in them boom, hit it deeper to Beckham or Landry.  Plus, the ball doesn't have to go 25 yards in the air to have a 25 yard gain.  Both Hooper and Njoku, in addition to Hunt have the ability to shake a tackle and find another 10 yards of running room.

I like the idea of ball control.  7 minute drives are a wonderful thing.  Just burn clock and score.  That is a winning formula.  Think Miami.  Csonka, Kick, Morris gaining 4 yards a carry.  A dink to Mandrich for 8.  Then Warfield over the middle for 20.  Hard to stop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Kind of what I imagined.  Ground and pound, lot's of underneath stuff to the two tight ends.  I don't mind 5-6 yard pass plays.  Do that enough you draw the safties in them boom, hit it deeper to Beckham or Landry.  Plus, the ball doesn't have to go 25 yards in the air to have a 25 yard gain.  Both Hooper and Njoku, in addition to Hunt have the ability to shake a tackle and find another 10 yards of running room.

I like the idea of ball control.  7 minute drives are a wonderful thing.  Just burn clock and score.  That is a winning formula.  Think Miami.  Csonka, Kick, Morris gaining 4 yards a carry.  A dink to Mandrich for 8.  Then Warfield over the middle for 20.  Hard to stop.

Whatever keeps this defense off the field, I'm all for. 

• Like 2

I try to give every Browns media member a fair crack at getting us the best feeds from camp days.. But Pokorny wins the day again with the most insights..

Day 2 recap  https://dawgsbynature.com/2020/8/16/21371028/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-2-odell-beckham-dazzles  

media tweets(grab the bar and stroll away) https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2020-live-updates-for-sunday-aug-16.html         

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2020 at 9:13 PM, Orion said:

- Dunn is 6-5, 315-pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of Maryland. Originally signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Dunn has spent time on the Rams (2017) and Jaguars (2018) practice squads. He also spent time with the Dolphins during the 2019 preseason and was a member of the Birmingham Iron (AAF) in 2019 and Seattle Dragons (XFL) in 2020. -

...pickin's are a little slim out there.

Just wait until a couple OGs go down. Things will be really thin. 

Day 4, 2nd of padded... https://dawgsbynature.com/2020/8/18/21374241/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-4-mack-wilson-carted-off  Tweets can be found at cleveland.com.. Browns waived/injured DE/LB George Obinna due to tricep injury... Opens one spot on roster. Sitting at 79..Mack 'daddy' Wilson is a left knee injury...nothing to report till Browns do👀 Depth concerns? maybe DT/LB? not feeling Guard as high now with 2 additions... But Joe Woods is making some a believer in this defense... #emotion    

• Thanks 1

Day 5, 3rd in pads... https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/what-happened-at-browns-training-on-aug-19th-baker-mayfield-throws-to-backup-wrs-mack-wilson-getting-a-2nd-opinion-more.html        

I must admit 😎.. It's only day 5, But..Not getting reports from our Board members here at camp will certainly be missed 😷

Concerns? from viewing Browns Daily on youtube👀 a) Some of Baker's footballs are* sailing..take some off with air kid. Touch! b) C Nick Harris looks so small, dwarf like next to Team 1 starters..Smart kid though, no errors in exchange nor snap count. c) Back-up D-ends are both beating Conklin & Wills at times 🤐 d) If Woods can get more out of these D players than Wilks & Gregg Williams? How can i buy his Jersey;)     

Browns CB Kevin Johnson hospitalized with lacerated liver suffered in Wednesday’s practice when Harrison Bryant landed on him

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-cb-kevin-johnson-hospitalized-with-lacerated-kidney-suffered-in-wednesdays-practice.html

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Browns CB Kevin Johnson hospitalized with lacerated liver suffered in Wednesday’s practice when Harrison Bryant landed on him

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-cb-kevin-johnson-hospitalized-with-lacerated-kidney-suffered-in-wednesdays-practice.html

Shitfuck. 

K--hrist! I never screamed at my radio so loud after hearing this one... I've been watching KJ in the ACC at Wake Forest, since his true freshman season where he played in 11 & started in 5. All the tools as a number one pick with just no injury luck since.

This was my favorite FA move Berry made & exactly the veteran that Ward & Greedy could lean on as a role model & competitor.. I'm not sure whom wrote this above link^^ ? but it fits KJ to a T even from his college days..

and from the read above..."KJ has no Quit"  G00D Luck !!, KJ 👍 

He & Bryant were both diving for the ball.  Stef wishes they wouldn't do that but what are they supposed to do?  They're both new to the team....trying to show their skills and the type of effort they posses.  We've had no freakin' luck since the pads went on.  

No pads on Thursday Day 6..and a off day Friday.. So to save Tia, a day away from DBN reporting;).. Here's some good video's & camp tweets from day 6..

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/cleveland-browns-training-camp-2020-live-updates-for-thursday-aug-20.html     

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-earl-thomas-sent-home-after-fight-and-team-leaders-prefer-safety-no-longer-be-around/?fbclid=IwAR0j4c29exysbhikJDPZaWMciAJ45OD-a0gsLifxl-joMmA23p0ke7Iqj2Y

Apparently Earl Thomas has worn out his welcome with many "team leaders" in Baltimore, who have no interest in him being a Raven "nevermore". 

I hear tell Jed Wills is having problems in camp... I know he's a rook and all.. I just wonder what happens when he has to go up against MG...

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-earl-thomas-sent-home-after-fight-and-team-leaders-prefer-safety-no-longer-be-around/?fbclid=IwAR0j4c29exysbhikJDPZaWMciAJ45OD-a0gsLifxl-joMmA23p0ke7Iqj2Y

Apparently Earl Thomas has worn out his welcome with many "team leaders" in Baltimore, who have no interest in him being a Raven "nevermore". 

Did you mean to contradict yourself with the double negative? 

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I hear tell Jed Wills is having problems in camp... I know he's a rook and all.. I just wonder what happens when he has to go up against MG...

Again with the voices in your head.   YOU making a statement like that has no credibility.  We need to see your sources.  Not claiming you are incorrect, just saying that we need something far more reliable than your word.

The same would go for me.....if I just said  "I am hearing that frogs and dogs can procreate"  I would expect to give you some reliable source for that.