THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Training Camp 2020

gumby73

We made it!  To at least a start of the Browns Training Camp of 2020 😷...

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/07/baker-mayfield-and-jedrick-wills-among-browns-players-reporting-for-testing-friday-despite-nfl-nflpa-still-negotiating.html   

Where this season all ends up? Nobodies got a clue!       But Stay Safe, to our NFL football Families... 

So if we do see some browns training camp news? Stay Masked & 6 foot apart & post it here... 

Go Browns!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Kind of like two hand touch or flag football like I played in 5th and 6th grade but it always turned into full contact tackle football like 7th to 12th grades and beyond.

Well it won't be too long now before it's for real.

GO BROWNS......baby !

Happy 🏈 Friday!! NFL swung the hammer on a Camp agreement & Them's the Rules... (Rules? hope they mail us a full detailed memo;))

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/07/browns-and-other-nfl-veterans-still-set-to-report-for-training-camp-on-tuesday-as-nfl-and-nflpa-close-to-an-agreement.html     

• Thanks 1

A whole lotta COVID testing gonna be goin' on.

So, by Aug. 16th they've gotta be down to 80 players.  And padded practices don't start until the day after.

...........meanwhile, we had 78k new COVID cases today.  That's the highest daily total I've seen for the US.  78k in one day.  That's close to what China has TOTAL. (if ya can believe 2 words of what China says)

Good Sunday Morning!!

1) More Team rule agreements reached.. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/25/nfl-nflpa-agreement-includes-specific-prohibitions-on-player-activities/   👀

2) One opt out in KC..Guard- D-Tardif opts out & will stay on front lines of medical team..than Chiefs add veteran G Kelechi Osemele off FA pile

Speaking of FA pile.. C) here's the most updated list of FA's..And the Browns sit a top the Cap list with 38M  https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-nfl-free-agents-list/ if you had a spare Billion? you could sign 53 players off this list & start a new nfl team;)  

A few of these ballers may get added with Camps opening Tuesday.. Now whom wants a swab up their nose? 😤 

On 7/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, Orion said:

A whole lotta COVID testing gonna be goin' on.

So, by Aug. 16th they've gotta be down to 80 players.  And padded practices don't start until the day after.

...........meanwhile, we had 78k new COVID cases today.  That's the highest daily total I've seen for the US.  78k in one day.  That's close to what China has TOTAL. (if ya can believe 2 words of what China says)

LOL! Cant believe any of the tests(cases)....China,USA, ANYWHERE!

They have all lied! Why....let me see... cause they give you $$$$$$$$$ to report cases and tests! 

• Haha 3

6 NFL players listed on reserve Covid 19 list.... 2 of 6 are Browns  https://nfl.com/news/six-players-placed-on-reserve-covid-19-list   

Criteria? /Schefter= Test positive or* Who has been quarantined after having been in close contact w/infected person or persons...  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

6 NFL players listed on reserve Covid 19 list.... 2 of 6 are Browns  https://nfl.com/news/six-players-placed-on-reserve-covid-19-list   

Criteria? /Schefter= Test positive or* Who has been quarantined after having been in close contact w/infected person or persons...  

Dontrel Hilliard and one of our UDFAs.  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

from the opening link above...last Friday, " the QB's, Rookies & injured players were to report..The rest to report Tuesday" What kind of injury did D. Hilliard have? 🤔 or was this a call-in, medical fax already under quarantine?    

were good...D. Hilliard suffered a right knee patella sprain in week 16 vs the Ravens in 2019...missed week 17 being placed on IR... can't confirm, been tested or was already under quarantine though..as hippa rules apply

Man I hate to be such a downer but with the Marlins news today how on Earth are they going to do this without massive outbreak? How are 90+ people going to be doing NFL activities with no bubble for the next several weeks and a situation like the Marlins are facing not be inevitable?

The NBA bubble is going well, and the NFL (and MLB) had ample time to set it up. Very unfortunate they chose not to and instead hoped things would be better.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Man I hate to be such a downer but with the Marlins news today how on Earth are they going to do this without massive outbreak? How are 90+ people going to be doing NFL activities with no bubble for the next several weeks and a situation like the Marlins are facing not be inevitable?

The NBA bubble is going well, and the NFL (and MLB) had ample time to set it up. Very unfortunate they chose not to and instead hoped things would be better.

When you start canceling games in week 1 that is a bad sign.  How do you make them up, when, where ?  This thing could come apart fast.

I think the majority of people are probably just waiting to say "ha, I told you so".......so the MLB has started so what's next ?  From Yahoo sports July 27, 2020:

• Oh, and there’s now a pronounced social justice component too. For the first time in baseball history, multiple teams and players, including members of the Yankees, Giants, White Sox and Nationals, knelt to support social justice causes. Given the ever-closer intertwining of sports and social justice, it’s likely we’ll see much more of that across all sports leagues in the coming months.

Thing is, all of this is fragile as a chandelier in a hurricane. The most crucial element of the season remains yet to be determined. That is: how will positive tests affect teams as a whole? We’ve already seen players from the Marlins, Braves, Reds and Nationals test positive right before, and even after, the start of the season. How will baseball track the spread and contain outbreaks? The answer to that question will determine how the rest of this season goes.

When — let’s be hopeful and say “when,” not “if” — the season winds to its all-too-soon conclusion, we’ll see yet another change: an expanded playoff that includes eight teams from each league. That means more fan interest, more postseason baseball, more money. 

Meantime, let’s take the briefest of moments to enjoy this one scenario: it’s almost August, and every single team in the league is within one game of first place.

Welcome back to the new Nfl normal..

Were not going to pull our hair out over reporting opt out lists daily...We'd' all go bald :mellow:.. but to those interested?

Here's is a Opt out list that should update daily https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29533526/players-opting-2020-nfl-season-coronavirus-concerns-tracking-full-list players cannot return..

Covid-19 reserve list? I've not found a updating link yet.but surely one is coming. So here's more from today  https://nfl.com/news/vikings-place-justin-jefferson-three-more-on-reserve-covid-19-list  

All returning Team Vet players should return back to work on Tuesday...Stay tuned..    

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That UDFA was given a good pile of money to sign on and come to our camp.  He plays Safety.  

Coach Kevin Stefanski. "We are excited that our players are returning to the building this week and are eager to work with them in person, while continuing to closely follow all of the new protocols and processes in place that are focused on our entire team's health, safety and overall well-being."

Over the next four days, Cleveland's players will take multiple COVID-19 tests and go through virtual meetings from their respective residences while they await the results. If a player produces three consecutive negative tests, he will be cleared to enter the facility and take his physical examination Saturday and Sunday.

On Monday, Aug. 3, players will begin an acclimation period that will feature 60-minute sessions of conditioning and strength training in groups of no more than 15. The team will be permitted to conduct walk-throughs during this acclimation period, though they'll be limited to 60 minutes during the first four days and 75 minutes for the next four.

Full-team practices are scheduled to begin Friday, Aug. 14 with full-contact practices allowed to begin no earlier than Monday, Aug. 17. Teams will be limited to 14 padded practices.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, gumby73 said:

Here's is a Opt out list that should update daily https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29533526/players-opting-2020-nfl-season-coronavirus-concerns-tracking-full-list players cannot return   

link above has been updating well^^...  and here's Mary Kay's headcount from a medical Box Truck parked outside the Browns facility.. 🕵️‍♀️

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/07/odell-beckham-jr-and-jarvis-landry-among-the-full-complement-of-browns-veterans-who-reported-for-training-camp-on-tuesday.html   

Take no news as Good news!

Small details? Good on Njoku to attend...Good on Browns, getting Landry in with Veterans & not as injured player 💪  

The Cleveland Browns have placed G Drew Forbes and T Drake Dorbeck on the reserve/opt-out list*. In addition, the club placed TE Pharaoh Brown on active/PUP. 

Forbes joined the Browns as a sixth-round pick in 2019 and appeared in one game last season. Dorbeck is an undrafted free agent out of Southern Mississippi.

*Any player may opt out of participating in the 2020 NFL season for any reason. The player must provide the club with written notice of his election to opt out. Once given, the notice will be irrevocable for the remainder of the 2020 season.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

link above has been updating well^^...  and here's Mary Kay's headcount from a medical Box Truck parked outside the Browns facility.. 🕵️‍♀️

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/07/odell-beckham-jr-and-jarvis-landry-among-the-full-complement-of-browns-veterans-who-reported-for-training-camp-on-tuesday.html   

Take no news as Good news!

Small details? Good on Njoku to attend...Good on Browns, getting Landry in with Veterans & not as injured player 💪  

It's so weird... usually the first day of training camp would be met with a lot of enthusiasm, but this year it is almost like everyone collectively is thinking "Let's not jinx this!". 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's so weird...  "Let's not jinx this!". 

Jinx? I was watching the Basketball game when this virus started...Than I was so dang excited to watch baseball restart after months? I grabbed my TV remote & actually forgot how to find the sports guide app to find the channels 🤓... it's been "a process" 

20 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Jinx? I was watching the Basketball game when this virus started...Than I was so dang excited to watch baseball restart after months? I grabbed my TV remote & actually forgot how to find the sports guide app to find the channels 🤓... it's been "a process" 

So nice to be able to watch the Indians again. 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So nice to be able to watch the Indians again. 

than don't leave the state of O-H * *.. Have ya met the Out of State, Direct TV plan? 

in NC..    a) Were going to charge you for a sports package that will allow you only to watch programming on STO 17.99/month

b) If you'd like to watch any Sports on STO? you will need to buy the ticket

So in short.. I can watch only pre-game than post-game of Indians or Cavs..but Dee' games are blacked out :o. Browns on STO? I get Redzone & Training Camp.. 

I can only see Indians games only when Tribe is on MLB network :P...and their ticker says were down 1 going into 9th...than flip it to a real game than!   

4 hours ago, Orion said:

The Cleveland Browns have placed G Drew Forbes on the reserve/opt-out list*. 

Take this link as you may? ...Drew married Emily in June of 2018.. https://beaconjournal.com/sports/20190511/driven-by-450-mile-commute-emily-and-drew-forbes-become-browns-dynamic-duo .. well link maybe fee-able?.. but in short, Drew's wife Emily, has a masters in Health Care Management...Baby time? IDK..

Athletes who voluntarily opt out must be under contract or subject to a tender. The contract will toll to the 2021 season, and the player will be eligible for a stipend of $150,000, treated as a salary advance against the tolled contract.

...so, is opting out a smart move for an undrafted guy? (like Drake Dorbeck)  Assuming that he was just gonna get cut anyway.

• Like 1

Drake DorBeck is easy.. He get's nothing..but a see ya! (would you like the papers to read... cut or opt'd out?)

Drew Forbes-- Drew was on the roster longer than 3 weeks in 2019.. If Forbes was considered high risk family or self? He's entitled to 350K.. if no high risk? 150K

and it could include this fuzzy math.. https://overthecap.com/the-impact-of-the-covid-rules-on-the-salary-cap-and-nfl-contracts/    

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Athletes who voluntarily opt out must be under contract or subject to a tender. The contract will toll to the 2021 season, and the player will be eligible for a stipend of $150,000, treated as a salary advance against the tolled contract.

...so, is opting out a smart move for an undrafted guy? (like Drake Dorbeck)  Assuming that he was just gonna get cut anyway.

If he had long odds to make the team, opting out is smart.  Now he minimizes his risk of sickness and will still get invited back next season since he is still under contract.  He may not get a stipend since he may not have any or much guaranteed money remaining, but if his wife and him feel like they are good, that is a family decision.  

Not every player lives in a big house.  Most of the undrafted guys live in some apartment just like most us did when we were 22 years old.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ballpeen said:

He may not get a stipend

Well, that's what we need to know in order to determine how good a decision it is.  I guess I'm thinking financially.  It's 150k he either gets or he doesn't.  -  Of course, if it sounds too good to be true then it usually isn't true.  Do we see a lot of undrafted rookies opting for the 150k 'bird in the hand'?   

Next year might (hopefully) be much better as far as having a chance to show how good you are.  This year, if he's one of the bottom 10, he along with the other 9 will have to be cut before the team is allowed to put pads on.

...again,  I'm talking money.  Anybody wanting to stay away from a possible FL Marlins situation, for health reasons regarding COVID, that decision cannot be second guessed.

--------------

Edit:  I just read somewhere (fox sports) that undrafted rookies get nothing if they opt out (except their signing bonus).  You'd have to be a drafted rookie to qualify.  So, never mind to all of the above.  :)

Pardon.. to those that get to hear these locally... but to the out of state fans? here's something ya might enjoy from today's meeting with the media..

Rather lengthy... so skip the ads... Enjoy! some players are actually on the grass