THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett, 7 year 147$ million

gumby73

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ya see Mike you should have followed my advise that loyalty is everything to this guy. Proudly bought my primo "95" way back when. I knew he was a Brown forever unless

they foolishly trade him down the line somewhere. I doubt it would be because he wants it either.

Yeah Bill, you were right. I simply thought that his loyalty to A&M and Texas would take him back there, but he (obviously) has adopted Cleveland & the Browns. I was chosen as "Season Ticket Member of the Week" in Myles' rookie year of 2017 (vs Packers). I was given a Riddell Mini Helmet autographed by Myles. It is still in the case on display in the Man Cave. BTW, at the end of that game (won in OT by packers), Clay III removed his Packers' jersey. He wore his Dad's #57 Browns' jersey on under it.

Great memories of Myles Garrett & more to come!

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Yeah Bill, you were right. I simply thought that his loyalty to A&M and Texas would take him back there, but he (obviously) has adopted Cleveland & the Browns. I was chosen as "Season Ticket Member of the Week" in Myles' rookie year of 2017 (vs Packers). I was given a Riddell Mini Helmet autographed by Myles. It is still in the case on display in the Man Cave. BTW, at the end of that game (won in OT by packers), Clay III removed his Packers' jersey. He wore his Dad's #57 Browns' jersey on under it.

Great memories of Myles Garrett & more to come!

Mike

My faith in him is directly related to the fact he committed to A&M early before he got rated as one o the top 2 HS players in the country. Then despite every major football

power pressing him for visit and to drop his commitment, he never waivered while constantly saying he was an Aggie. I felt he was doing the same with the Browns as he

talked about wanting to be the Defensive Player of the Year for the Browns.  He still talks about that goal as a part of leading the Browns back to greatness.

I think it's great you got that Mini Helmet autographed by Myles. He's a quality person.

I'm late to the party, but this is great news. Few times you can extend a great player's contract for longer than 4 years, and now it seems like a lot, but as the salaries and the cap grows we might be getting a great deal. 

Plus, I prefer negotiating Myles' contract earlier than Ward's and Baker's, who I think still have things to prove. Make sure you keep the better player the first.

10 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm late to the party, but this is great news. Few times you can extend a great player's contract for longer than 4 years, and now it seems like a lot, but as the salaries and the cap grows we might be getting a great deal. 

Plus, I prefer negotiating Myles' contract earlier than Ward's and Baker's, who I think still have things to prove. Make sure you keep the better player the first.

I thinks it’s Baker or Ward - and if one of them doesn’t develop the answer is easy.  If they both develop its Baker of course.

add in a guy like Chubb who we all love but He’s probably going to get Franchised and then play his second contract elsewhere.

Baker (fingers crossed) and Myles are your big contracts- that’s all the room you got 

On 7/17/2020 at 10:00 PM, Bigalow80 said:

I love the fact that the deal is 5 years AFTER his rookie deal. the 25/yr doesn't kick in until 2022. 7 more years of MG.

Thus the term "contract extension"... ;)

Myles was well paid in his initial contract but with a $21M signing bonus on the extension $50M GTD at signing and $100M GTD on the extension he's a well off Cleveland Brown football player.

Screenshot_2020-07-23_155659.jpg