THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett, 7 year 147$ million

gumby73

1 hour ago, JPPT1974 said:

Just hope he can live and learn over last year and not doing that again! Good for him as despite that incident and heard he is nothing but class.

He's actually a person with intellectual depth. He's no dumb jock. And he's a physical freak. You just don't let a player like that get away. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember when some of you thought he might want to go to Dallas? I told you then that loyalty is one of his strongest virtues and I expected he

would remain a loyal Browns player when contract time came. Well, the man is definitely holding up his end of the bargain. Gig 'em Myles and Go Browns!👍

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:53 AM, gumby73 said:

Get A long term Deal done! Tags just angry elite Players...The numbers maybe shocking? but even Khalil Mack's stat line, falls short of Myles Garrett's coming off a rookie deal

One decade after drafting Joe Thomas in 07..The Browns got it right drafting Myles Garrett at Philly draft in 2017...Garrett is a Cleveland Brown till 2027 season... Well done AB! 

Browns fans loved the pick at Philly & I was there 🍺.... was anybody at The Muni Lot? same here

Good Times!!..Great Pick!

5 minutes ago, Icecube said:

He's actually a person with intellectual depth. He's no dumb jock. And he's a physical freak. You just don't let a player like that get away. 

The thing last year was a freak thing. Myles is as high class as they get in the NFL. I can't wait 'til this is official.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Myles Garrett will be joining a very small group... Browns first rounders that received a second contract from the Browns. 

Joe Thomas... Joe Haden... anyone else? Someone on a FB page mentioned Alex Mack, but didn't he leave the Browns the second he could get a second contract?

Your first 10k is taxed at 10%.  The next 30k [Our total so far is 40k] is taxed at 12%. The next 45k [Up to 85k] is taxed at 22%.. and so forth.  Actual dollar limits

The boundaries are different depending on your status – single, married filing jointly, married filing separately, head of household. The boundaries are also slightly higher/lower than what’s listed [the first limit isn’t 10,000 it’s actually 9700].

Round up and add, it would seem, $5 if under 100k.

Income Range [Single Filer]

Tax Rate

0-10k

10%

10k-40k

12%

40k-85k

22%

85k-160k

24%

160k-205k

32%

205k-510k

35%

Over 510k

37%

Two examples: Say your salary is 130k after deductions.

0-9700 at 10% - 970

9700-39475 at 12% - 3573

39476-84200 – 9840

84201-130000 – 10992

Sum: 25375.

Yes, formally you “Use The Tax Computation Worksheet” – and the "Subtraction Amount" makes up the difference between the top rate and all the rest before it.

Do it yourself : 130000 * 24% - 5825 … Voila: 25375.

If your salary is 50k after deductions?

0-9700 at 10% - 970

9700-39475 at 12% - 3573

39476-50000 – 2316

Total is 6859, add 5 is 6864.  And the 2019 tax table for 50k after deductions? Yep, 6864.

Yes, Garrett is taxed on his millions of salary.. as he should be.. but ONLY the amount above 510k is taxed at that highest rate.

How many SB's has MG won us..?.. Uhh yeah.. thats what I thought... 0..... Nothing close to being generational...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

How many SB's has MG won us..?.. Uhh yeah.. thats what I thought... 0..... Nothing close to being generational...

Cause guys like Adrian Peterson, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Joe Thomas, Randy Moss, and Bruce Smith were just a bunch of scrubs cause they didn't get a ring right? Like, are you paid to say stupid stuff to be controversial?

Refreshing a high first pick finally working out. Haven't seen it since Joe Haden (wow).

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Cause guys like Adrian Peterson, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Joe Thomas, Randy Moss, and Bruce Smith were just a bunch of scrubs cause they didn't get a ring right? Like, are you paid to say stupid stuff to be controversial?

Refreshing a high first pick finally working out. Haven't seen it since Joe Haden (wow).

Joe Haden!!.. Erhmagawd.. Rreally?

2 hours ago, nickers said:

The byproduct of a generation of bad picks and blown first round picks..... which you're supposed to build your team around for a generation.

Hopefully this maybe turning around, a lot of that is up to #6 right now.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yes, Garrett is taxed on his millions of salary.. as he should be.. but ONLY the amount above 510k is taxed at that highest rate.

But people in the highest tax brackets shouldn't have to worry about little things like rent, food, car payments and the like.

Besides they should tax defer a boatload of money to take care of their retirement needs.....with a good tax advisor that all sports provide now when they're rookies.

If they don't listen they just go bankrupt in five or ten years.

I can celebrate now that it's official. A Cleveland Team FINALLY kept one of our own Draftees long term & he's well worth it! In a couple years, folks may look at the price as a bargain. Great signing of a fine player & person. He's the kind of young man I want my Grandchildren to look up to.

The only reason I haven't yet purchased a Myles Garrett jersey is that I am one of those Fans who thought he would return home to Texas. His will be my next jersey.

Good job by AB & Staff. Let's give credit to the Haslams as well....after all, they forked up the $$ to get this done.

Mike

Finally.... something worth a post! Well done, Andrew.... well done.

MG sewn up opposite a restructured and "final-year" motivated Vernon? I think we have our 2020 bookends.

Now if we can just manage a 2020 season...

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Same for Deacon Jones 

But Deacon was just a scary looking dude.....along with the rest of the Fearsome Foursome.

sabol2.gif

43 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Now we just need a Merlin Oleson driving up the middle.

48Z9.gif      not even sure M.O. played with shoulder pads 😤

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Now we just need a Merlin Oleson driving up the middle.

And Llmar Lundy with Rosie Greer cleaning up the mess.....and who would call him Rosie ?  :huh:

On 7/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, Canton Mike said:

I can celebrate now that it's official. A Cleveland Team FINALLY kept one of our own Draftees long term & he's well worth it! In a couple years, folks may look at the price as a bargain. Great signing of a fine player & person. He's the kind of young man I want my Grandchildren to look up to.

The only reason I haven't yet purchased a Myles Garrett jersey is that I am one of those Fans who thought he would return home to Texas. His will be my next jersey.

Mike

Ya see Mike you should have followed my advise that loyalty is everything to this guy. Proudly bought my primo "95" way back when. I knew he was a Brown forever unless

they foolishly trade him down the line somewhere. I doubt it would be because he wants it either.