THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett, 7 year 147$ million

gumby73

https://dawgsbynature.com/2020/6/12/21289434/cleveland-browns-garrett-working-on-contract-extension   

Get A long term Deal done! Tags just angry elite Players...The numbers maybe shocking? but even Khalil Mack's stat line, falls short of Myles Garrett's coming off a rookie deal

Now how does Andrew Barry get this DONE ?

Are you aware that Kareem Hunt is the greatest NFL RB ever? Pay that man too. 🤣

But seriously, I have a feeling Garrett will have a new contract sooner than later. Pass rushers like him do not grow on trees. 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

https://dawgsbynature.com/2020/6/12/21289434/cleveland-browns-garrett-working-on-contract-extension   

Get A long term Deal done! Tags just angry elite Players...The numbers maybe shocking? but even Khalil Mack's stat line, falls short of Myles Garrett's coming off a rookie deal

Now how does Andrew Barry get this DONE ?

By working together with Garrett to get the deal done?  Maybe a little give and take on both sides?  He will become fabulously rich under any circumstances. 

I mean....consider this:  if you won a  15 million dollar lottery jackpot, you would be set for life.  Fair to say?  If you won a 15 mill lottery 5 years in a row....you would be set for  5 lifetimes. 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By working together with Garrett to get the deal done?  Maybe a little give and take on both sides?  He will become fabulously rich under any circumstances. 

I mean....consider this:  if you won a  15 million dollar lottery jackpot, you would be set for life.  Fair to say?  If you won a 15 mill lottery 5 years in a row....you would be set for  5 lifetimes. 

Garrett has taxes to pay too. 

And a larger deal sets the standard and makes the players union happy. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you aware that Kareem Hunt is the greatest NFL RB ever? Pay that man too. 🤣

But seriously, I have a feeling Garrett will have a new contract sooner than later. Pass rushers like him do not grow on trees. 

And the laugh could be on the front office: with fan attendance being way down, and minus 2 preseason games, revenues will go down as will the cap. If the Browns don't watch themselves they could sign him to a deal that is way higher than appropriate. If they give Myles $25 mill a year, it could wreck the needed space for upcoming pricey players like Chubb, Baker, Ward and Hunt. 

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

And the laugh could be on the front office: with fan attendance being way down, and minus 2 preseason games, revenues will go down as will the cap. If the Browns don't watch themselves they could sign him to a deal that is way higher than appropriate. If they give Myles $25 mill a year, it could wreck the needed space for upcoming pricey players like Chubb, Baker, Ward and Hunt. 

I think its adorable that you still feel the need to reply to any of my posts.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Hunt is on the team for one more year (this next season).

Let’s hope we have to pay Baker because that means we have a franchise QB.  I think Ward is out. Chubb gets franchised the first year and is out the next.  

we will pay two big contracts and let’s hope we draft well.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

if you had a top 10 list that included all NFL teams.  I would say this is #2 on the list.  Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs No.1.

Both Mayfield and Ward extensions will be the decided on their play this season.  

Mahomes//Russ Wilson//Garrett//K.Mack..imo...

Big season coming up for Ogunjobi vs.Billings vs Hunt for 2021 free agents...

Nick Chubb becomes due in 2022. And your right, most elite RB's get the 1 year RB tag...but just as Garrett?  Mayfield and Wards 5th year options come into play in 2022 also..

and I did not realize that,  Adrian Clayborn is age 34 already...we got to find Garrett's other bookend..

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Mahomes//Russ Wilson//Garrett//K.Mack..imo...

Big season coming up for Ogunjobi vs.Billings vs Hunt for 2021 free agents...

Nick Chubb becomes due in 2022. And your right, most elite RB's get the 1 year RB tag...but just as Garrett?  Mayfield and Wards 5th year options come into play in 2022 also..

and I did not realize that,  Adrian Clayborn is age 34 already...we got to find Garrett's other bookend..

Russ Wilson and Mack are locked up I’m talking about upcoming free agents.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Russ Wilson and Mack are locked up I’m talking about upcoming free agents.

my bad.. got it .. where do you see Joey Bosa in this mix? Top 10?  

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:
9 hours ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

Prove what you were saying about the tax rate being 37%. I am just a poor boy.

You said fat cats don't pay that much, obviously good accountants and a savvy financial plan can limit the damage but 37% is top end, and you have to figure in Ohio state taxes which I dont know what the rate is, I am not in Ohio

1 hour ago, Footbalfan1962 said:

You said fat cats don't pay that much, obviously good accountants and a savvy financial plan can limit the damage but 37% is top end, and you have to figure in Ohio state taxes which I dont know what the rate is, I am not in Ohio

37% is the top Federal rate...but as you say....proper financial planning seriously reduces that.    That was really my point.  (so...how is it that Amazon...one of the top revenue companies in America can get away with paying -0- federal taxes?)  Ohio's top rate is, I believe, like 7%....but I won't guarantee that. 

so the signing bonus for miles should be a nice price for him maybe that is the hold up as I believe there might not be a season and could be a reason why we have only signed 2 of are draft picks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, Footbalfan1962 said:

Add in the agent cut and players get roughly 50% of what they get paid. If you make $10 mill, you see 5. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, The Gipper said:

If he has to pay 37% taxes you would still be set for life or several lifetimes. So I’m not crying for him or anyone in that tax bracket

Just for the record...... 

It's pretty easy to find the individual's tax brackets they're in a table now corporate tax brackets is another thing that's why there are CPAs that specialize in corporate tax law and lawyers that make a career out of corporate tax law.

Screenshot_2020-06-29_132620.jpg

Screenshot_2020-06-29_133041.jpg

• 3 weeks later...