THE BROWNS BOARD

Season opt out

ballpeen

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Mrs. Wife just reported that Florida is claiming that they've been reporting ALL tests as positive.  My response to her, "You'd think that by now they'd be able to do the job(s) right."  It seems like from President Jackass on down, everyone has fucked up this pandemic.

I hear ya! FWIW, I know a lot of people in Florida that haven't tested positive yet that work in healthcare and get tested constantly.  That's a good thing IMO. I worry about my wife every day in the front line where cases are increasing.

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thank you!  54 hospitals in Florida have reached ICU capacities and yesterday it had a record breaking day in deaths to the virus. 

I heard today on the news Florida has 7,000 kids diagnosed with the virus, hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I heard today on the news Florida has 7,000 kids diagnosed with the virus, hmmmmm.

Wow!  Thanks for the update.  Some people want to keep saying when you test more you get more cases.  While true; but the positivity rates among those tested is increasing at alarming rates.  That's leading to more hospitalizations, more ICU space used up and deaths. 

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Tretter & Richard Sherman agree on one thing..the Player's safety comes first.. JJ Watt took one look at The Oakley visor & posted "I ain't playing in that"... I think you will or your not playing? Anybody doubt some will be able to play with no* mouth visor? If they protect? I don't see even signing off on something like that..🤔.. 14 days till Camps Open..  tick. tock.

OBJ has reservations- you can look up the interview if you're interested...  

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think the tailgating will be crushed.  I don't see how you can allow that if distancing mandates are in place.  We have recently opened things up and the numbers are trending upwards again.  This thing is on our ass and it isn't going away any time soon.  I am beginning to wonder if we have a 2021 season let alone this season.  Never know, sports might be dead for a long time.  The black plague gripped Europe and Asia for 5-6 years.  This might do the same.  To me, the thought we find a vaccine by summers end is foolish.

I know we are putting this on speed dial, but you still need to run trials.  You can't hurry that.  You have to follow proven scientific method.  You can't just start inoculating tens of millions of people with something that might have serious long term consequences.  

Exactly 'Peen. If we come up with a vaccine, it will have to go through the protocols that it's safe (no major side effects) and effective (it does what it's supposed to do)....  Bet the anti vaxxers won't take it... There's so much conspiracy out there now, it's getting ridiculous... Like it's a plan by Bill Gates to inoculate people with microchips... 

15 hours ago, Orion said:

Mrs. Wife just reported that Florida is claiming that they've been reporting ALL tests as positive.  My response to her, "You'd think that by now they'd be able to do the job(s) right."  It seems like from President Jackass on down, everyone has fucked up this pandemic.

That's stretching believability Orion. Why would you do something like that? It would put tens of thousands of otherwise healthy people in quarantine. There's tons of disinformation out there by ahem- a certain person who's turned this entire pandemic into a political football... Might be a little mean to put it in these terms- but to paraphrase what Dr. Fauci said yesterday- do you want to believe sound medical opinion- or a quack?  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I know we are putting this on speed dial, but you still need to run trials.  You can't hurry that.  You have to follow proven scientific method.  You can't just start inoculating tens of millions of people with something that might have serious long term consequences.  

THIS is well said.

Even if we can get something into serious trials, the trials take time.  - time -  And there's several 'steps' of trials, from small groups up to large groups.   Each trial step is for a designated length of time , increasing in length as you go up the ladder.  

Or, you can just take what the president takes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

THIS is well said.

Even if we can get something into serious trials, the trials take time.  - time -  And there's several 'steps' of trials, from small groups up to large groups.   Each trial step is for a designated length of time , increasing in length as you go up the ladder.  

Or, you can just take what the president takes.

Thanks.