THE BROWNS BOARD

Harvard, MIT, Michigan and other Universities Sue Trump Administration

MLD Woody

If successful this could bite the American stem students in the ass. More foreign students who may be smarter and more industrious can't be good for the American Kids. Who knows? Probably all about profit for the already overpriced American colleges.

What do you think Woodrow unless you just posted it as a troll?

WSS

The beginning of your post above is clearly the troll...

I'm on the side of the Universities. Deporting international students now is cruel and serves no purpose, outside of being a power play for Trump to force Universities to stay open to help his Covid PR issue...

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The beginning of your post above is clearly the troll...

I'm on the side of the Universities. Deporting international students now is cruel and serves no purpose, outside of being a power play for Trump to force Universities to stay open to help his Covid PR issue...

No doubt that it has more to do with the fact the universities are bleeding foreign Nationals full price for tuition. Just a guess. But of course, Trump Trump trump Trump trump

On the other hand I'd rather have immigrants with degrees and useful abilities then more and more unskilled laborers on welfare

WSS

• Upvote 1

the universities can shove it. Here's why:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/trail/etc/fake.html#:~:text=As was clearly evident in the Sept. 11,own passports and a student or business visa.

Welcome to America, Terrorists! Right This Way for Student ...

Jan 31, 2018 · Again, the terrorists responsible for the 1993 World Trade Center bombing were living in the US with expired student visas for years before the attack. According to the US Department of …

Immigration and Terrorism | Center for Immigration Studies

https://cis.org/Report/911-Staff-Report-Terrorist-Travel

Valid visas were held upon entry by 35. This number includes the six 9/11 hijackers known to have sought enhanced immigration status while in the United States. Student visas to attend various universities were used by 18 individuals and four had applications approved to change status from tourist to student.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, you are a speedrunner of stupidity. No doubt. 

not true. I simply and legitimately gave your narrow cherry picked op some serious context.If classes are online, foreign students do NOT need to be here. Because, the system has been abused in the past, therefore, with online classes, why would foreign students WANT to have to be here?

See, Hoorta?

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

not true. I simply and legitimately gave your narrow cherry picked op some serious context.If classes are online, foreign students do NOT need to be here. Because, the system has been abused in the past, therefore, with online classes, why would foreign students WANT to have to be here?

See, Hoorta?

18 out of hundreds of thousands were terrorists.

If that is your justifiable percentage to affect the entire group then it sounds like you'd have your guns taken away with the same justification.

Hilarious though you referred to MY post as cherry picked...

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt that it has more to do with the fact the universities are bleeding foreign Nationals full price for tuition. Just a guess. But of course, Trump Trump trump Trump trump

On the other hand I'd rather have immigrants with degrees and useful abilities then more and more unskilled laborers on welfare

WSS

No, there is doubt. Your statement isn't fact. 

But yes, weeks before the years starts an arbitrary ruling potentially eliminates 15% of your student body (Michigan's%). Cost wise they pay what out of state students pay, which are about half of the student body. 

This screws students on upcoming leases. It potentially puts them in a position where they are unable to take online courses due to time differences or technology restrictions. Hell, some may not even be able to get back into their country. 

What exactly is the justification here? And I mean a real justification, not "oh my God 9/11!' anti immigrant nonsense. 

And you realize Trump is mentioned because he and his administration pushed this to happen, right? This isn't some shoe horned attack on Trump. He's directly involved ...

Bringing the best and brightest around the world to your country to study means you'll encourage some of those bright minds to stick around, benefiting your country. 

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

But yes, weeks before the years starts an arbitrary ruling potentially eliminates 15% of your student body (Michigan's%). Cost wise they pay what out of state students pay, which are about half of the student body.  

So for years the narrative has been college is ripping people off, now they're being deprived of income.  Right, next.

This screws students on upcoming leases. It potentially puts them in a position where they are unable to take online courses due to time differences or technology restrictions. Hell, some may not even be able to get back into their country. 

Similar to what will happen if they get fired from a job.  And?  That was always a risk in coming here.

What exactly is the justification here? And I mean a real justification, not "oh my God 9/11!' anti immigrant nonsense. 

Because the university of Phoenix approach to education is bullshit, at least that would be my thoughts.  But I'm sure this is about how universities are perpetuating the idea that covid is a mortal threat to the least affected.  AND I'm sure on some level it has to do with my "ignorant" statement in another post.

And you realize Trump is mentioned because he and his administration pushed this to happen, right? This isn't some shoe horned attack on Trump. He's directly involved ...

That's fair enough.

Bringing the best and brightest around the world to your country to study means you'll encourage some of those bright minds to stick around, benefiting your country. 

Sure, and some will use what they learned (in some cases stole) to strengthen shit regimes around the world.....like China.

I get what you're trying to say, but people aren't going to stop coming because some college kids get deported temporarily.  That's just silly or a complete lack of world experience on your part.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

bullshit. You can pretend that it's not true and that the universities only have altruistic reasons for their lawsuit.

didn't you just say finances had nothing to do with it?

which I assume is the goal in many cases.

nothing in particular. And none that bother me. I didn't say I was a big supporter of this move, just trying to make some little Pollyanna boys smell the coffee.

actually the one area here that he does have a point is that our friends in the Silicon Valley are happy as pigs in shit to hire cheap foreign laborer. That's why I think the unions are hypocrites for voting Democrat.

that's correct. As long as you people aren't going to continue to bitch about driving down wages of American workers. Supply and demand I guess.

WSS

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

18 out of hundreds of thousands were terrorists.

If that is your justifiable percentage to affect the entire group then it sounds like you'd have your guns taken away with the same justification.

Hilarious though you referred to MY post as cherry picked...

The eighteen is just one EXAMPLE. One EXAMPLE is not valid to establish a percentage.

Do you know how many AMERICANS DIED because of the few terrorists on 9/11?

no, you can go look it up, but maybe you won't and don't care.

The PRINCIPLE, which you have never once understood, is if all classes are VIRTUAL, they do not need visas to be HERE. With covid, that's a huge advantage.

your belligerent mouth doesn't make you look smart in discussing issues. Never has.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon Chang to Newsmax TV: China Attacking US ...

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gordonchang...

May 28, 2020 · Author and China expert Gordon Chang praised Newsmax TV reports of plans to cancel the visas of thousands of Chinese graduate students with ties to China’s military by the administration of President Donald Trump because the Asian communist government was “relentlessly” attacking America’s sovereignty. “We’re really at a point where we don’t have a choice if we want to maintain ...

Inside the Ring: China uses students as spies - Washington ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/25/...

Apr 25, 2018 · A senior U.S. counterintelligence official recently said publicly what many officials and experts have been warning privately for years: China is using its large student population in the United ...

US to expel Chinese students with ties to military schools ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8365229/...

May 28, 2020 · US to expel Chinese students with ties to military schools as Pompeo announces move to will strip Hong Kong of its special status. The plans could see 3,000 exchange students from China …

Chinese espionage in the United States - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_intelligence...

China is alleged to have begun a widespread effort to acquire U.S. military technology and classified information and the trade secrets of U.S. companies. The Chinese government is accused of stealing trade secrets and technology, often from companies in the United States, to help support its long-term military and commercial development. China has been accused of using a number of methods to ...

Chinese spy who defected tells all - Washington Times

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/19/...

Mar 19, 2009 · A veteran Chinese intelligence officer who defected to the United States says that his country’s civilian spy service spends most of its time trying to steal secrets overseas but also works to...

China accused of efforts to 'infiltrate' US colleges as ...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-efforts...

Republicans have said it's "crazy" that America is reliant on China, a communist adversary, for critical supplies including antibiotics. China, Trump said, had conclusively misled the world on the ...

The Chinese Communist Party’s Military-Civil Fusion Policy ...

https://www.state.gov/military-civil-fusion

Military-Civil Fusion is a national strategy of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to develop the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into a “world class military” by 2049. Under MCF, the CCP is acquiring the intellectual property, key research, and technological advances of the world’s citizens, researchers, scholars, and private industry in ...

Trump: U.S. Out Of WHO; No More Chinese Spies Posing as ...

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/...

President Trump announced the end of U.S. membership in the World Health Organization yesterday, and he also suspended the entry into the United States of “students and researchers” from Communist...

Harvard professor's arrest shows Chinese spying via US ...

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/01/30/harvard-china-spy

Jan 30, 2020 · Espionage against America’s universities surfaced again when the FBI arrested a prominent Harvard professor as an alleged part of a Communist Chinese spy operation. The recent arrests of Harvard Professor Charles Lieber, a Chinese People’s Liberation Army officer, and a second Chinese national in Boston, show that Beijing – among others – uses American academic institutions …

Rick Scott says every Chinese citizen is a Communist spy ...

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/335857-scott-china-communist-spy

In the New Cold War with China, every mainland citizen is a Communist spy, claimed Sen. Rick Scott on Wednesday. The comments, made on the Fox Business network during an interview with Stuart...

China Infiltrates American Universities | Wrong Planet ...

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=388157

Jun 27, 2020 · Therefore is someone from China is in the U.S. and holds technical information that the Chinese communist party ring desired, they would threaten the family still left in China (parents, wife, children, aunts and uncles, etc.) with death or a quick trip to the labor camps if a person refused to spy.

China: What We Must Do, What We Must Not Do

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16082/china-what-we-must-do

Jun 01, 2020 · We have to remember that China's 2017 National Intelligence Law requires every Chinese citizen and every Chinese entity to spy if demanded, which means that …