THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. Supreme Court deems half of Oklahoma a Native American reservation

jbluhm86

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

You've said this hundreds of times.  You're not sorting dick, you're waiting on the next cooky bullshit to come through so you can blindly post that as well.

I guess you haven't noticed I haven't been around as much lately, been tied up with some other things going on.

I just haven't had time to dig into it, there are conflicting takes, and digging through it is not something I've had time for lately.

May not even get to it this weekend - but the short of it is one take it half the State's been given away, and the other take is it's just a Jurisdictional issue, and of course there are shades in between.

Not Rocket Science.

3 hours ago, JAFBF said:

I guess you haven't noticed I haven't been around as much lately, been tied up with some other things going on.

I just haven't had time to dig into it, there are conflicting takes, and digging through it is not something I've had time for lately.

May not even get to it this weekend - but the short of it is one take it half the State's been given away, and the other take is it's just a Jurisdictional issue, and of course there are shades in between.

Not Rocket Science.

stfu.

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

Pandora's box just got cracked open.

I think all taxpayers in Oklahoma want their money back for state buildings, and roads, etc. But if the treaties were legally established....and say it's their land, no one had a right to take it away. Pretty crazy though. I hope the Indian Tribes have the death penalty for the rapist.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I think all taxpayers in Oklahoma want their money back for state buildings, and roads, etc. But if the treaties were legally established....and say it's their land, no one had a right to take it away. Pretty crazy though. I hope the Indian Tribes have the death penalty for the rapist.

Here ya go Cal- 1890 map of Oklahoma AKA" Indian Territory". So who took what away? IIRC the entire state was supposed of be one big king sized Indian Reservation.... 

May 2, 1890 Territory of Oklahoma created | Map 15-b: Indian and ...

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous ruling. Nowhere else in the world I can think of are Urban and Suburban civilized territories still under the control of hunter gatherers or any other pre-modern tribes. No doubt the Vikings or the Normans or the Britons  or the Teutons or somebody owe me some Prime Property somewhere in Europe.

For that matter shouldn't we go back to pre Roman Empire boundaries in the Middle East?

WSS

17 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Not Rocket Science.

Well that's horseshit because I just popped into your super secret hydra Intel thread and you've posted multiple times daily this week.

Jesus, you're even a terrible liar.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Ridiculous ruling. Nowhere else in the world I can think of are Urban and Suburban civilized territories still under the control of hunter gatherers or any other pre-modern tribes. No doubt the Vikings or the Normans or the Britons  or the Teutons or somebody owe me some Prime Property somewhere in Europe.

For that matter shouldn't we go back to pre Roman Empire boundaries in the Middle East?

WSS

Fair enough Steve. But if our African American friends are pushing for reparations because their great-great grandaddy was a slave, what's a fair reparation to the Native Americans who lost their land to the superior firepower of the invading US Calvary? In my book, we'll let you try and survive on some of the most God forsaken land in our wonderful country that we have no other use for. Lotsa luck. Been there, seen that. Yup, some of them are still living in one room shacks with no running water in the Arizona and New Mexico deserts.... 

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Fair enough Steve. But if our African American friends are pushing for reparations because their great-great grandaddy was a slave, what's a fair reparation to the Native Americans who lost their land to the superior firepower of the invading US Calvary? In my book, we'll let you try and survive on some of the most God forsaken land in our wonderful country that we have no other use for. Lotsa luck. Been there, seen that. Yup, some of them are still living in one room shacks with no running water in the Arizona and New Mexico deserts.... 

wait...why don't they move to Oklahoma?

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm not sure if you think I'm of the opinion that Negroes should get dime number one in reparations but I most certainly don't. (maybe we still have the option on the lease in Liberia?) We fucked up with the Indians we shouldn't have bothered giving them garbage land in the first place. Taking care of the Indians like they are pets but not really pets that you want in the house has done them absolutely no favors. They should have just learned English and assimilated like every other culture in the Melting Pot including our own. I figure they are owed his much is any of my tribal ancestors going back to the 5th century from whatever Invaders push them out of wherever the hell they were. Does that sound harsh? If so how many centuries should we go back to make everybody whole again? 6? 10? 15? How about ancestry.com give us the amount of Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal blood we have and write us a check?

WSS