THE BROWNS BOARD

Thucydides' Trap

jbluhm86

Like the Title jbluhm86 !

Perhaps some day.

China has dug itself a damn deep hole, and for all the Intellectual Property they've stolen from us, they don't seem to know the best use for it.

People around the World are PO'd big time at China over the CV, and now they're sitting on a new Swine Flu variant plus Bubonic Plague.

They're Economy is currently contracting, and Companies are leaving in droves - partly due too our Trade posture change globally, but also folks see the coming collapse.

Don't look at this as just the US vs China. China's about ready to get their D!ck chopped off by what they're doing vs India (roughly the same staggering 1.5 B population).

Frankly, I'd put my money on India as I think they're much more competent, and our relations to India are much better.

Then you've got the South China Sea artificial Islands where China is trying to take over control of the main shipping lanes.

Might be a much different story if/when we formally recognize Tiawan and have a Port (Carriers) there.

Talk is, Xi was saying how he looks at Russia and the US as territory to conquer, seeing as they've polluted and poisoned their own Country trying to become the #1 power.

Putin was none too happy when POTUS passed this conversation on to him.

Hey, we're not even at Half Time yet, lots of stuff still to play out.

I've dropped lots of bits about these things, there are a whole lot more and when you add them up, China is stirring up some $#!+ they're not going to be able to foot the Bill for.

52 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I hate China, but I respect them.  India is a nightmare of different sects and classes.  The work ethic cannot match Chinas.

I disagree.. I saw buildings in rural India built from walls of cow shit pressed with plates to create an intricate design in the cow shit..  Buildings built to house sheets of cow shit.. Burned for everything from cooking to heating their afore mentioned houses and their water..

China has invested heavily in N African infrastructures because they know it's the next cheap labor pool.

I think the smarter and more mature members of this group understand that it's a bad idea to think history began fifty or a hundred years ago. Empires rise, Empires fall. Empires lose their Competitive Edge and other Empires replace them. Luckily it still goes slowly  and most if not all of us will be dead before the United States is a third-world shithole

WSS