THE BROWNS BOARD

To all you filthy Trumptards and pinko commie ANTIFAsts

jbluhm86

My wife and I have had a 4th of July BBQ for friends and family every year since 1986. Sadly this is the first, but hopefully only,  year we were not able to carry on that tradition.

Happy Independence Day everyone!💥 Stay safe!

Our annual 4th of July celebration that my friends and I put on almost every year went off without a hitch this year. The benefits of having relatives living out in the country is that as long as you don't get out of control and burn shit down, the local constabulary doesn't give two shits if you shoot off fireworks. We had to scale it back last year due to the surrounding fields growing wheat, but it's corn for miles this year, so we went big. Launched off nearly $3000 worth of fireworks and got sunburned into oblivion spending the day wiring all that shit up, but we managed to pull off our biggest display yet, and my friend's dad made a nice smoked brisket too boot.

All in all, it was a good day to be an American.

• Upvote 2

We got together with friends, and got out a metal ammo box of fireworks from 5 years ago. lol

several of them fizzled and didn't go off. (have to be careful with those...), some were cool,  and only let off one of the bigger explosion jobbies... smaller than an m-80?

Good thing we had grilled chicken and hot dogs etc, the fireworks were funny when they failed but it was anti-climatic.    Next year, I want to do what you did - have serious fireworks. Although, we sat out in our driveway and watched several other places off the other neighborhood set off a bunch. That didn't cost any of us a thing.    Some giant roman candles would be in order for next year, etc. We have a farm - all the room we need.

Back when we were kids growing up in an allotment...we'd toss m-80's down the sewer, to watch how high the heavy metal round lid went up in the air. Two m-80s at one time was our limit, and it did go up and flip a few times. Then we quit that.

Hope everybody had a great Independence Day.