THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL will play black national anthem prior to Week 1 games, report says

Vambo

1 minute ago, htownbrown said:

I don't think it's replacing the regular anthem, just an additional song if I'm reading it right.

We need two national anthems?

Nah, sorry, what's next? the Trany/Woody national anthem?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

We don't, no.  But at this point I'll watch NFL games + an extra song, if that's what it takes.

What is going to piss most people off, is when they stand for one song and kneel for the other.  

all espn has left is "unknown sources"... when a link has a nfl source confirming it? than we might have something..

Fox News really could use a good known* sports talent on staff...  

I see Axe was quoted bringing my name up. Cal too of course. I thought Axe was our new little q Anon guy but maybe he's your little follower now cal, congrats. As if it wasn't creepy enough when one of you did it....

If you snowflakes are so triggered by this then boycott. That simple. 

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I see Axe was quoted bringing my name up. Cal too of course. I thought Axe was our new little q Anon guy but maybe he's your little follower now cal, congrats. As if it wasn't creepy enough when one of you did it....

If you snowflakes are so triggered by this then boycott. That simple. 

I think white players who can read and write should kneel in protest of the violence and drug use in the black community. 

You think that would fly?

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

I think white players who can read and write should kneel in protest of the violence and drug use in the black community. 

You think that would fly?

WSS

I think that fundamentally doesn't make sense as an equivalent example.... But a sure, go ahead. Go start a Facebook group and get a bunch of old, Trump supporters on your side. Go make a difference. Make the change you want to see happen

9 hours ago, Axe said:

I'm hoping for three....Kung Fu Fighting for our Asian friends😆

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I think that fundamentally doesn't make sense as an equivalent example.... But a sure, go ahead. Go start a Facebook group and get a bunch of old, Trump supporters on your side. Go make a difference. Make the change you want to see happen

Actually I'm not surprised at the violence crime Etc in the black community does it really bother you.

WSS

How is having a seperate "black" national anthem not promoting "black nationalism"?

By the way the southern poverty law center who is the self proclaimed racism watchdog of the country lists, like, double the number of black nationalist groups as white nationalist groups but no one seems to admit that's problematic. 

Here's what you need to know about the song that's often referred to as the Black national anthem: How the song came about: The song was written in 1899 by James Weldon Johnson, who had been tasked with delivering an address to celebrate President Abraham Lincoln's birthday the following year.1 day ago