THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid deaths decline

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

This is the guy that questions others reading comprehension. Everyone knows the cases are increasing moron.. Go back and read more slowly the thread topic.

They need to keep the focus on the relatively meaningless number of cases in order to keep the panic high until November 4th.

WSS

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:07 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Verified Account

v_MQ4bBP4g8.png

Cases, Cases, Cases! If we didn’t test so much and so successfully, we would have very few cases. If you test 40,000,000 people, you are going to have many cases that, without the testing (like other countries), would not show up every night on the Fake Evening News. In a certain way, our tremendous Testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES. In the meantime, Deaths and the all important Mortality Rate goes down. You don’t hear about that from the Fake News, and you never will. Anybody need any Ventilators???

And guess who just got tested? Me.

My company in cooperation with LabCorp sent out COVID test kits last week to all its national field service engineers., probably our sales people as well. Had to swab my nose and insert the swab in some sort of solution. Packaged it up and set it outside the door for FEDEX.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

They need to keep the focus on the relatively meaningless number of cases in order to keep the panic high until November 4th.

WSS

Steve if you saw those pictures of crowded beaches and Trumps minions over the 4th weekend ignoring what the CDC is saying- looks like a goodly portion of America has adopted the attitude we don't give a shit anymore.... I'd hardly say there's a generalized state of panic in the country. Are there some (possibly many) paranoids out there? Sure. My bike adventures of late have taken me past little league diamonds with 4 games going on, hundreds of adults in attendance, no social distancing and no masks. Picking up some carryout for my wife at our local favorite Mexican place last night, I noticed the biker bar across the street was ignoring any occupancy limits- and no masks in sight. Yup, I'm waiting for cases here in Montgomery County to go through the roof based on what I just saw.....  

Sure the number of deaths relative to the number of cases is going down- but I'm willing to bet the absolute number of deaths is increasing. I'm not going to go into the prediction business of how many yet. But as you know, MHO is Trump is doing a serious disservice to the country going full bore ignore and spouting more BS about the disease, and acting like everything is just fine and dandy on the covid front. He could take a lesson from our neighbors to the North where the government is taking this thing seriously- and they've got it down to a few hundred cases a day, not tens of thousands.... 

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve if you saw those pictures of crowded beaches and Trumps minions over the 4th weekend ignoring what the CDC is saying- looks like a goodly portion of America has adopted the attitude we don't give a shit anymore.... I'd hardly say there's a generalized state of panic in the country. Are there some (possibly many) paranoids out there? Sure. My bike adventures of late have taken me past little league diamonds with 4 games going on, hundreds of adults in attendance, no social distancing and no masks. Picking up some carryout for my wife at our local favorite Mexican place last night, I noticed the biker bar across the street was ignoring any occupancy limits- and no masks in sight. Yup, I'm waiting for cases here in Montgomery County to go through the roof based on what I just saw.....  

Sure the number of deaths relative to the number of cases is going down- but I'm willing to bet the absolute number of deaths is increasing. I'm not going to go into the prediction business of how many yet. But as you know, MHO is Trump is doing a serious disservice to the country going full bore ignore and spouting more BS about the disease, and acting like everything is just fine and dandy on the covid front. He could take a lesson from our neighbors to the North where the government is taking this thing seriously- and they've got it down to a few hundred cases a day, not tens of thousands.... 

It just gets a little bit wearisome to talk to guys like you and tex there is absolutely no issue in the world that isn't Trump Trump trump Trump trump. Kids at the beach are probably not Trump supporters. Young people for Bernie Sanders biggest constituents. The rioters the demonstrations the lootings don't look like Trump supporters to me either. I'd say the folks that are doing the disservice to America for more than one reason is BLM and they're barely disguised attempt to channel Millions to the Democrats. The spreading of infectious disease is secondary to that. And count the demonstrations count the riots then count the presidential rallies. You don't have to be a Maga hat-wearing gun-toting Bible thumping Republican to see the difference in the number's.

And yes, sorry young people don't give a shit. And that's most of them. I barely give a shit and I'm 67.

WSS

• Thanks 2

I don’t think rational people are blaming Trump for the pandemic.  The issue is his messaging.  With a 130,000 people dead since this started less than a year ago cautious optimism  for the future instead of blind denial that there is a need for precaution seems like the logical stance.  I for one would not hold it against the president for doing their best to downplay the negativity and try to relay optimism but that isn’t even close to what we are getting.  For my money the President should not be the decision maker for the Country but he or she should be the spokesperson.  While I agree and disagree with policy points with our current president, I can’t find anything good to say about his persona and vocal leadership.  

49 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t think rational people are blaming Trump for the pandemic.

not that these people are rational but... And it's not an isolated examplehttps://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/It-s-not-the-Chinese-virus-it-s-the-15149648.php

The issue is his messaging.  With a 130,000 people dead since this started less than a year ago cautious optimism  for the future instead of blind denial that there is a need for precaution seems like the logical stance.  I for one would not hold it against the president for doing their best to downplay the negativity and try to relay optimism but that isn’t even close to what we are getting.  For my money the President should not be the decision maker for the Country but he or she should be the spokesperson.  While I agree and disagree with policy points with our current president, I can’t find anything good to say about his persona and vocal leadership.  

let's be honest those who hate him aren't going to take anything he says or does as leadership. Frankly I suspect  if he gave a bully pulpit speech telling everyone to wear their masks whenever they want out  Democrats would stop wearing them all together  just for spite. And those who don't hit him oh...  remember when the Press Corps grilled fauci for not wearing a mass at the conference  and he explained  his frequency of testing and explain exactly what the masks were meant for and what they were not meant for? I don't see the president situation being any different. My opinion remains that both sides wear or don't wear masks because they prefer being confrontational over giving any amount of flux about the virus.

WSS

• Upvote 1

Confirmed Cases
CDC Expanded Case Definition (Probable)
Total Cases
Number of Hospitalizations in Ohio
Confirmed Deaths
CDC Expanded Death Definition (Probable)
Total Deaths
Number of ICU Admissions
<1-109
Age Range
Median Age
50%*
Sex - Males
50%*

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

let's be honest those who hate him aren't going to take anything he says or does as leadership. Frankly I suspect  if he gave a bully pulpit speech telling everyone to wear their masks whenever they want out  Democrats would stop wearing them all together  just for spite. And those who don't hit him oh...  remember when the Press Corps grilled fauci for not wearing a mass at the conference  and he explained  his frequency of testing and explain exactly what the masks were meant for and what they were not meant for? I don't see the president situation being any different. My opinion remains that both sides wear or don't wear masks because they prefer being confrontational over giving any amount of flux about the virus.

WSS

I’d say 90 percent of the people I know either socially distance or wear a mask to prevent the spread and the other 10 percent do so due to peer pressure.  On the low end I’d say 80 percent of those refusing to wear a mask are doing so to be a contrarian and the other 20 percent have either a medical issue or believe they’d be better off recovering.  I’d say in my area what the president believes has little or nothing to do with wearing a mask.  Lucky I guess

Do you think they would have done this bullshit during the Obama administration??

I am so farcking tired of the lefts bullshit.. From the Meuller bullshit, to the Kavanaugh bullshit, to the impeachmant bullshit, to the intentional crashing of the greatest economy the world has ever seen!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Hopefully this means the virus is nearing the saturation point in the population to where herd immunity is getting near.

And our freinds isn Spain just reported antibodies levels are dropping off a cliff- herd immunity may not be possible...  

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Fuck all you left pc o shit people. Enough, is enough.. Fuck all of you!

And f**k all you President Quack ass kissers.. Fair enough?  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

And f**k all you President Quack ass kissers.. Fair enough?  

You FINALLY complain about your obaMao commie ! HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER !

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’d say 90 percent of the people I know either socially distance or wear a mask to prevent the spread and the other 10 percent do so due to peer pressure.  On the low end I’d say 80 percent of those refusing to wear a mask are doing so to be a contrarian and the other 20 percent have either a medical issue or believe they’d be better off recovering.  I’d say in my area what the president believes has little or nothing to do with wearing a mask.  Lucky I guess

That sounds reasonable I don't know if the actual numbers in your ratios are correct but contrarianism is every bit as contagious as covid-19. 😊 so is whatever you would call the opposite of contrarianism. 

But rest assured whatever reasons I agree or disagree with the president on whatever the issues, none of them  are based on me thinking he's a genius.

WSS

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

And our freinds isn Spain just reported antibodies levels are dropping off a cliff- herd immunity may not be possible...  

I heard the epidemiologist from University Hospitals putting out the idea that covid is starting to go the route of SARS and MERS.

WSS

• Upvote 1

Verified Account

“COVID-19 (China Virus) Death Rate PLUNGES From Peak In U.S.” A Tenfold Decrease In Mortality. The Washington Times, Valerie Richardson. We have the lowest Mortality Rate in the World. The Fake News should be reporting these most important of facts, but they don’t!

I took the wife for a Covid 19 test on Sunday as part of her pre admission test for a Wednesday procedure.

She got the email from the Cleveland Clinic yesterday that she tested positive.

They said that since she tested positive in April, it never really left her system.

They also said that I probably still have it as well, but we both feel fine and show no symptoms.

Looks like I’m working from home longer than anticipated!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I took the wife for a Covid 19 test on Sunday as part of her pre admission test for a Wednesday procedure.

She got the email from the Cleveland Clinic yesterday that she tested positive.

They said that since she tested positive in April, it never really left her system.

They also said that I probably still have it as well, but we both feel fine and show no symptoms.

Looks like I’m working from home longer than anticipated!

Hope all works out.  Glad you aren’t feeling effects.

• Thanks 1

Well, Mike De(s-wine) went full panic mode again, declaring 7 Ohio counties (including mine) bad, bad people...  Yup Steve- 2134 cases and 31 deaths = a 0.15% death rate, and it's a lot lower than that when we likely throw in the extra 10X asymptomatic cases . And bet a lot of the positives are inner city Dayton, not from out in the 'burbs.... 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/gov-dewine-issues-order-making-masks-mandatory-in-high-risk-counties

OK, I'll play your game, (not indefinitely) I have my mask- if it makes you feel better Mike....  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, Mike De(s-wine) went full panic mode again, declaring 7 Ohio counties (including mine) bad, bad people...  Yup Steve- 2134 cases and 31 deaths = a 0.15% death rate, and it's a lot lower than that when we likely throw in the extra 10X asymptomatic cases . And bet a lot of the positives are inner city Dayton, not from out in the 'burbs.... 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/gov-dewine-issues-order-making-masks-mandatory-in-high-risk-counties

OK, I'll play your game, (not indefinitely) I have my mask- if it makes you feel better Mike....  

And for those of you who know where it is Billy Market has declared everyone riding the Miller Ferry to and from Put-in-Bay will be required to wear a mask. Assumedly not if you are sitting in your car but hundreds board on foot especially the Detroit scum that invades the on the weekends.

Billy is a great human being and I doubt that he has anything but the best interests. I have to imagine that a pawn stepping off the boat all those masks are going to wind up in the parking lot. And the pool bars will be packed asshole to Elbow.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And for those of you who know where it is Billy Market has declared everyone riding the Miller Ferry to and from Put-in-Bay will be required to wear a mask. Assumedly not if you are sitting in your car but hundreds board on foot especially the Detroit scum that invades the on the weekends.

Billy is a great human being and I doubt that he has anything but the best interests. I have to imagine that a pawn stepping off the boat all those masks are going to wind up in the parking lot. And the pool bars will be packed asshole to Elbow.

WSS

If whews don't mind? Let's compare the now State's Required* Masking laws.. Here's NC's  https://wbtv.com/2020/06/24/face-masks-required-public-places-north-carolina-covid-cases-rise-alarming-rate/      Am interested in Ohio's & Michigan's.. Wife & I both carry a hand gun

Essential business Employee's.. don't even like the fact that their essential workers are still entitled to their own vacations :o.. while several medical excused essential employees sit out for weeks with kids or family cases... I just had a union case settled, where am now entitled to my 2 week vacation to family in Ohio & Alpena, Michigan in August.. 

Thanks... are you back to doing any shows?