Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Westside Steve

Covid deaths decline

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

This is the guy that questions others reading comprehension. Everyone knows the cases are increasing moron.. Go back and read more slowly the thread topic.

 

They need to keep the focus on the relatively meaningless number of cases in order to keep the panic high until November 4th.

WSS

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:07 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

 

 
Verified Account
 
 
v_MQ4bBP4g8.png
 
Cases, Cases, Cases! If we didn’t test so much and so successfully, we would have very few cases. If you test 40,000,000 people, you are going to have many cases that, without the testing (like other countries), would not show up every night on the Fake Evening News. In a certain way, our tremendous Testing success gives the Fake News Media all they want, CASES. In the meantime, Deaths and the all important Mortality Rate goes down. You don’t hear about that from the Fake News, and you never will. Anybody need any Ventilators???

And guess who just got tested? Me.

My company in cooperation with LabCorp sent out COVID test kits last week to all its national field service engineers., probably our sales people as well. Had to swab my nose and insert the swab in some sort of solution. Packaged it up and set it outside the door for FEDEX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
New China Virus Cases up (because of massive testing), deaths are down, “low and steady”. The Fake News Media should report this and also, that new job numbers are setting records!
 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

They need to keep the focus on the relatively meaningless number of cases in order to keep the panic high until November 4th.

WSS

Steve if you saw those pictures of crowded beaches and Trumps minions over the 4th weekend ignoring what the CDC is saying- looks like a goodly portion of America has adopted the attitude we don't give a shit anymore.... I'd hardly say there's a generalized state of panic in the country. Are there some (possibly many) paranoids out there? Sure. My bike adventures of late have taken me past little league diamonds with 4 games going on, hundreds of adults in attendance, no social distancing and no masks. Picking up some carryout for my wife at our local favorite Mexican place last night, I noticed the biker bar across the street was ignoring any occupancy limits- and no masks in sight. Yup, I'm waiting for cases here in Montgomery County to go through the roof based on what I just saw.....  

Sure the number of deaths relative to the number of cases is going down- but I'm willing to bet the absolute number of deaths is increasing. I'm not going to go into the prediction business of how many yet. But as you know, MHO is Trump is doing a serious disservice to the country going full bore ignore and spouting more BS about the disease, and acting like everything is just fine and dandy on the covid front. He could take a lesson from our neighbors to the North where the government is taking this thing seriously- and they've got it down to a few hundred cases a day, not tens of thousands.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve if you saw those pictures of crowded beaches and Trumps minions over the 4th weekend ignoring what the CDC is saying- looks like a goodly portion of America has adopted the attitude we don't give a shit anymore.... I'd hardly say there's a generalized state of panic in the country. Are there some (possibly many) paranoids out there? Sure. My bike adventures of late have taken me past little league diamonds with 4 games going on, hundreds of adults in attendance, no social distancing and no masks. Picking up some carryout for my wife at our local favorite Mexican place last night, I noticed the biker bar across the street was ignoring any occupancy limits- and no masks in sight. Yup, I'm waiting for cases here in Montgomery County to go through the roof based on what I just saw.....  

Sure the number of deaths relative to the number of cases is going down- but I'm willing to bet the absolute number of deaths is increasing. I'm not going to go into the prediction business of how many yet. But as you know, MHO is Trump is doing a serious disservice to the country going full bore ignore and spouting more BS about the disease, and acting like everything is just fine and dandy on the covid front. He could take a lesson from our neighbors to the North where the government is taking this thing seriously- and they've got it down to a few hundred cases a day, not tens of thousands.... 

It just gets a little bit wearisome to talk to guys like you and tex there is absolutely no issue in the world that isn't Trump Trump trump Trump trump. Kids at the beach are probably not Trump supporters. Young people for Bernie Sanders biggest constituents. The rioters the demonstrations the lootings don't look like Trump supporters to me either. I'd say the folks that are doing the disservice to America for more than one reason is BLM and they're barely disguised attempt to channel Millions to the Democrats. The spreading of infectious disease is secondary to that. And count the demonstrations count the riots then count the presidential rallies. You don't have to be a Maga hat-wearing gun-toting Bible thumping Republican to see the difference in the number's.

And yes, sorry young people don't give a shit. And that's most of them. I barely give a shit and I'm 67.

 

WSS

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think rational people are blaming Trump for the pandemic.  The issue is his messaging.  With a 130,000 people dead since this started less than a year ago cautious optimism  for the future instead of blind denial that there is a need for precaution seems like the logical stance.  I for one would not hold it against the president for doing their best to downplay the negativity and try to relay optimism but that isn’t even close to what we are getting.  For my money the President should not be the decision maker for the Country but he or she should be the spokesperson.  While I agree and disagree with policy points with our current president, I can’t find anything good to say about his persona and vocal leadership.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t think rational people are blaming Trump for the pandemic.

 not that these people are rational but... And it's not an isolated examplehttps://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/It-s-not-the-Chinese-virus-it-s-the-15149648.php

 The issue is his messaging.  With a 130,000 people dead since this started less than a year ago cautious optimism  for the future instead of blind denial that there is a need for precaution seems like the logical stance.  I for one would not hold it against the president for doing their best to downplay the negativity and try to relay optimism but that isn’t even close to what we are getting.  For my money the President should not be the decision maker for the Country but he or she should be the spokesperson.  While I agree and disagree with policy points with our current president, I can’t find anything good to say about his persona and vocal leadership.  

let's be honest those who hate him aren't going to take anything he says or does as leadership. Frankly I suspect  if he gave a bully pulpit speech telling everyone to wear their masks whenever they want out  Democrats would stop wearing them all together  just for spite. And those who don't hit him oh...  remember when the Press Corps grilled fauci for not wearing a mass at the conference  and he explained  his frequency of testing and explain exactly what the masks were meant for and what they were not meant for? I don't see the president situation being any different. My opinion remains that both sides wear or don't wear masks because they prefer being confrontational over giving any amount of flux about the virus.

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,232
Confirmed Cases
3,724
CDC Expanded Case Definition (Probable)
57,956
Total Cases
8,249
Number of Hospitalizations in Ohio
2,677
Confirmed Deaths
250
CDC Expanded Death Definition (Probable)
2,927
Total Deaths
2,077
Number of ICU Admissions
<1-109
Age Range
45
Median Age
50%*
Sex - Males
50%*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

let's be honest those who hate him aren't going to take anything he says or does as leadership. Frankly I suspect  if he gave a bully pulpit speech telling everyone to wear their masks whenever they want out  Democrats would stop wearing them all together  just for spite. And those who don't hit him oh...  remember when the Press Corps grilled fauci for not wearing a mass at the conference  and he explained  his frequency of testing and explain exactly what the masks were meant for and what they were not meant for? I don't see the president situation being any different. My opinion remains that both sides wear or don't wear masks because they prefer being confrontational over giving any amount of flux about the virus.

WSS

I’d say 90 percent of the people I know either socially distance or wear a mask to prevent the spread and the other 10 percent do so due to peer pressure.  On the low end I’d say 80 percent of those refusing to wear a mask are doing so to be a contrarian and the other 20 percent have either a medical issue or believe they’d be better off recovering.  I’d say in my area what the president believes has little or nothing to do with wearing a mask.  Lucky I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think they would have done this bullshit during the Obama administration??

 

I am so farcking tired of the lefts bullshit.. From the Meuller bullshit, to the Kavanaugh bullshit, to the impeachmant bullshit, to the intentional crashing of the greatest economy the world has ever seen!!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this means the virus is nearing the saturation point in the population to where herd immunity is getting near.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Fuck all you left pc o shit people. Enough, is enough.. Fuck all of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Hopefully this means the virus is nearing the saturation point in the population to where herd immunity is getting near.

And our freinds isn Spain just reported antibodies levels are dropping off a cliff- herd immunity may not be possible...  

1 hour ago, Axe said:

 Fuck all you left pc o shit people. Enough, is enough.. Fuck all of you!

And f**k all you President Quack ass kissers.. Fair enough?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hoorta said:

 

And f**k all you President Quack ass kissers.. Fair enough?  

You FINALLY complain about your obaMao commie ! HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I’d say 90 percent of the people I know either socially distance or wear a mask to prevent the spread and the other 10 percent do so due to peer pressure.  On the low end I’d say 80 percent of those refusing to wear a mask are doing so to be a contrarian and the other 20 percent have either a medical issue or believe they’d be better off recovering.  I’d say in my area what the president believes has little or nothing to do with wearing a mask.  Lucky I guess

That sounds reasonable I don't know if the actual numbers in your ratios are correct but contrarianism is every bit as contagious as covid-19. 😊 so is whatever you would call the opposite of contrarianism. 

But rest assured whatever reasons I agree or disagree with the president on whatever the issues, none of them  are based on me thinking he's a genius.

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

And our freinds isn Spain just reported antibodies levels are dropping off a cliff- herd immunity may not be possible...  

I heard the epidemiologist from University Hospitals putting out the idea that covid is starting to go the route of SARS and MERS.

WSS

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 
Verified Account
 
Corrupt Joe Biden and the Democrats don’t want to open schools in the Fall for political reasons, not for health reasons! They think it will help them in November. Wrong, the people get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 
Verified Account
 
 
“COVID-19 (China Virus) Death Rate PLUNGES From Peak In U.S.” A Tenfold Decrease In Mortality. The Washington Times, Valerie Richardson. We have the lowest Mortality Rate in the World. The Fake News should be reporting these most important of facts, but they don’t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the wife for a Covid 19 test on Sunday as part of her pre admission test for a Wednesday procedure.

She got the email from the Cleveland Clinic yesterday that she tested positive.

They said that since she tested positive in April, it never really left her system.

They also said that I probably still have it as well, but we both feel fine and show no symptoms.

Looks like I’m working from home longer than anticipated!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I took the wife for a Covid 19 test on Sunday as part of her pre admission test for a Wednesday procedure.

She got the email from the Cleveland Clinic yesterday that she tested positive.

They said that since she tested positive in April, it never really left her system.

They also said that I probably still have it as well, but we both feel fine and show no symptoms.

Looks like I’m working from home longer than anticipated!

Hope all works out.  Glad you aren’t feeling effects.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Mike De(s-wine) went full panic mode again, declaring 7 Ohio counties (including mine) bad, bad people...  Yup Steve- 2134 cases and 31 deaths = a 0.15% death rate, and it's a lot lower than that when we likely throw in the extra 10X asymptomatic cases . And bet a lot of the positives are inner city Dayton, not from out in the 'burbs.... 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/gov-dewine-issues-order-making-masks-mandatory-in-high-risk-counties

OK, I'll play your game, (not indefinitely) I have my mask- if it makes you feel better Mike....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, Mike De(s-wine) went full panic mode again, declaring 7 Ohio counties (including mine) bad, bad people...  Yup Steve- 2134 cases and 31 deaths = a 0.15% death rate, and it's a lot lower than that when we likely throw in the extra 10X asymptomatic cases . And bet a lot of the positives are inner city Dayton, not from out in the 'burbs.... 

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/gov-dewine-issues-order-making-masks-mandatory-in-high-risk-counties

OK, I'll play your game, (not indefinitely) I have my mask- if it makes you feel better Mike....  

And for those of you who know where it is Billy Market has declared everyone riding the Miller Ferry to and from Put-in-Bay will be required to wear a mask. Assumedly not if you are sitting in your car but hundreds board on foot especially the Detroit scum that invades the on the weekends.

Billy is a great human being and I doubt that he has anything but the best interests. I have to imagine that a pawn stepping off the boat all those masks are going to wind up in the parking lot. And the pool bars will be packed asshole to Elbow.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And for those of you who know where it is Billy Market has declared everyone riding the Miller Ferry to and from Put-in-Bay will be required to wear a mask. Assumedly not if you are sitting in your car but hundreds board on foot especially the Detroit scum that invades the on the weekends.

Billy is a great human being and I doubt that he has anything but the best interests. I have to imagine that a pawn stepping off the boat all those masks are going to wind up in the parking lot. And the pool bars will be packed asshole to Elbow.

WSS

If whews don't mind? Let's compare the now State's Required* Masking laws.. Here's NC's  https://wbtv.com/2020/06/24/face-masks-required-public-places-north-carolina-covid-cases-rise-alarming-rate/      Am interested in Ohio's & Michigan's.. Wife & I both carry a hand gun

Essential business Employee's.. don't even like the fact that their essential workers are still entitled to their own vacations :o.. while several medical excused essential employees sit out for weeks with kids or family cases... I just had a union case settled, where am now entitled to my 2 week vacation to family in Ohio & Alpena, Michigan in August.. 

Thanks... are you back to doing any shows?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Cuyahoga county you can get a misdemeanor charge for not wearing one in public (in a group) or in a store or other area with many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only asshole suburb cops would even think of writing a ticket and most of them are sick and tired of this crap

 

police have way better things to do

than be mask police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×