THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday AFCN and beyond

The Gipper

A few  questions/issues popped up while looking over media reports.     Give your opinions/answers:

1. A report was given that  Lamar Jackson claimed that the only reason the Ravens lost to the Titans last year was because he overlooked them, and that they would have probably won had he not taken them lightly.   What say you about this claim?

2. Another report claimed that now that the Steelers seem to be going to have Ben Roethlisberger back, apparently healthy, that the Steelers will be a juggernaut in the AFCN and the AFC overall.    What say you about this claim?

3. Colin Cowherd said that Joe Burrow will struggle mightily this coming year....and beyond perhaps primarily because the Bengals are such a bad organization, and that he may never live up to his potential until and unless he gets the chance to leave the Bengals.   What say you about that claim?

4. The Carolina Panthers put together survey with  a list of players that have played for that team since its inception in 1995, asking them to vote on that team's GOAT  (Greatest of All Time).   But, apparently, the Panthers left Cam Newton completely off the survey list.  What say you about that move by them?

5.  There could be any number of Browns subjects to ask your opinion on....but let's do this:    Give your opinion on Something, Anything  that peaks your interest  to do with the Browns  and/or their future prospects for the forthcoming season,  or beyond. 

1. A report was given that  Lamar Jackson claimed that the only reason the Ravens lost to the Titans last year was because he overlooked them, and that they would have probably won had he not taken them lightly.   What say you about this claim?

Bullshit whiner

2. Another report claimed that now that the Steelers seem to be going to have Ben Roethlisberger back, apparently healthy, that the Steelers will be a juggernaut in the AFCN and the AFC overall.    What say you about this claim?

Bullshit

3. Colin Cowherd said that Joe Burrow will struggle mightily this coming year....and beyond perhaps primarily because the Bengals are such a bad organization, and that he may never live up to his potential until and unless he gets the chance to leave the Bengals.   What say you about that claim?

Wouldnt surprise me

4. The Carolina Panthers put together survey with  a list of players that have played for that team since its inception in 1995, asking them to vote on that team's GOAT  (Greatest of All Time).   But, apparently, the Panthers left Cam Newton completely off the survey list.  What say you about that move by them?

Awesome!... He's a pussy!

5.  There could be any number of Browns subjects to ask your opinion on....but let's do this:    Give your opinion on Something, Anything  that peaks your interest  to do with the Browns  and/or their future prospects for the forthcoming season,  or beyond. 

Just get past .500 for starters..

Sounds like horrible coaching and horrible leadership from the QB. I'm surprised that anyone on a John Harbaugh team would make a statement like that.

I really don't see why. Outside of the coach and the quarterback ... they are rather ordinary.

I think he'll do fine there. Maybe not this year, but he has all the tools and a good head on his shoulders.

Seeing as he was the NFL MVP I think that is a huge blunder. I imagine the only MVP in their history. Seems weird ... Maybe personal?

I will pick 5 players that could possibly have a breakout season: Drew Forbes, Chad Thomas, Mack Wilson, Greedy Williams, TakiTaki. Jamie Gilan is an All Pro Punter this year.

A few  questions/issues popped up while looking over media reports.     Give your opinions/answers:

It is a farcical claim.  The Tits just flat out kicked the Ratfuckers asses. They were the better, tougher team.  Their coach diavowed this suggestion, and I do trust that he is the one Harbaugh that has a clue. 

I think it is a Dusty Springfield claim:   a wishing,   a hoping,  and thinking, and praying and dreaming.  They could be around .500. That's it. 

Well....the claim that the Bengals have been/maybe are  a bad organization is certainly valid.  And bad organizations can kill a QB...(and bad QBs can kill an organization..Hello Cleveland.)   So, there is some legitimacy to the speculation.  If the Bengals have not made the proper choice of HC....Hello Cleveland, can you say Hue/Freddie.....that can kill a QBs chances as well.   I say that the chances are about 50/50 that what was said proves correct. 

I say that there was never a need for that team to even conduct that survey.   Cam Newton has, hands down, been the best player in Carolina Panther history.  The act of conducting the survey at all, and then obviously to leave him off the list was all pure  juvenile spitefulness on the part of that organization.  I think they have hired a coach who, while has had success at turning programs around in college, may be in over his head in the NFL.  It would not surprise me if this team may be in contention for the #1 draft pick next year....assuming we have a season. 

The Browns  could/should be in for a good solid season this year...assuming we have a season. What can screw things up?  A possible list:

A.  The Haslam taint.  JimmyDee has proven he can bollix up just about anything.  Hopefully he steps aside and lets the team run itself

B. That Stefanski  ain't what we hope him to be, that he just turns out to be a redux of Freddie/Hue/Shurmur/Chud...etc. etc.    But, in my gut I do NOT think that is the case. I think maybe we got it right this time.   But, I could be, and have been proven wrong in the past....but I am optimistic here.

C. That what I consider minor personnel deficiencies still hold this team back a bit.   Mainly some parts of the defense.  Signing Clowney and/or Clay Matthews III could help, perhaps......unless Berry and the coaches have made the right decision on going with certain young players.....and I think Z  IDed a few of those players above that we hope they are right on about. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Rats were awful and the titans are one of the most fundamentally sound teams.  Bad mix.  They didn’t take them lightly they played poorly.

More pride before the fall.  They’ve just added another non playoff year and prolonged a rebuild good for them. I’m sad. 

I think the stars aligned for Joe last year. I think he’s a good prospect but he’s probably somewhere between Joe 18 and Joe 19 and yes the bengals are still far away.  Cowturd. is probably right.

He lead them to an NFC Championship clearly a terrible omission on their part 

the only football topic worth discussing for the Browns...is Baker a franchise QB?  If he is we are good if not same old browns

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Crazy he would admit that. I cannot believe an NFL player or team would overlook anybody, especially in the playoffs.

They'll be a factor as usual. Can't stand 'em, but they're not going away easy.

This guy is a moron. 

Dumb. Newton must really be a polarizing figure.

If there's a season, I expect the Browns to contend in the division. I think the defense will be much improved (Wilks is gone), and I'm hopeful the offense will be fine. The only caveat is teams like the Browns, with a new coaching staff, are probably behind in preparation due to the new systems.

Just a recount on Scam Fig Newton... When you act like an asshole.. And you have an ego the size of the Empire state building... You deserve every negative critique and kick in the balls that comes your way... Cut and dry...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nickers said:

Just a recount on Scam Fig Newton... When you act like an asshole.. And you have an ego the size of the Empire state building... You deserve every negative critique and kick in the balls that comes your way... Cut and dry...

Uhm, clearly you are selective on whom you believe this standard should be applied to among those who possess similar traits......because, in another context... OMG,  that kick in the balls would be a sweet thing to behold. 

:lol::rolleyes::ph34r:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm, clearly you are selective on whom you believe this standard should be applied to among those who possess similar traits......because, in another context... OMG,  that kick in the balls would be a sweet thing to behold. 

Go back to watching your Marcus Welby reruns , Old man!

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Hell it might be true (in his mind anyways) but the Titans soundly beat them, and this makes Lamar look like a clueless idiot. Just shut up, take the loss, and learn from it.

Juggernaut? I just don't see the talent on the offensive side for this... But if Ben can still play to the level he was at before the injury, he and that defense can win 10 or 11 games without a doubt.

I don't know, did Carson Palmer struggle mightily when he started his career with the Bengals? Did Andy Dalton? Now, the living up to his potential? That's quite possible because of the Bengals.

Absolute 'Fuck You' move by the Panthers. There's absolutely no way they would have pulled this move last year with him still on the roster. This is akin to Dan Gilbert's comic sans letter ripping LeBron the night he took his talents elsewhere. 

The Browns will start building a new domed (or retractable) stadium somewhere in downtown Cleveland by the end of the decade... 😉 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

That would be tough, with nickers head in the way... 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well I am watching a Doddering old fool every day on TV

And who might that be ?  :huh:

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Here's an AFC North question for you Gip (or anyone else)...

If you could take one player off the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals and put them on the Browns, who would you pick?

Good question. 

Hate to say it but I think it comes down to a couple of talented Steelers that occupy positions that the Browns are potentially weak at:  OLB  TJ Watt, and RG David DeCastro. 

He is not on TV much.

True .. He wouldn't have chance if he was.. He still does not . In my view...

On 6/23/2020 at 12:50 AM, The Gipper said:

I thought he said "they" overlooked them? And I don't agree, regardless. They ran into a hot team after the Ravens had a week off and cooled down. We see it all the time. Teams in a must-win situation for weeks get in a groove and a team who is on a bye week loses their momentum. Yes, you want that week off if you can get it, but it doesn't always work out in your favor. 

It's like any predictions, just a guess. 

It's the Bengals; predicting futility is often the safe bet. 

Bitter. Fine if fans don't vote for him, but to leave off the list is way lame. I personally don't like him and think he's mostly been overrated but he did win league MVP and had them in a SB. 

I don't know that they've done enough to fix the 30th ranked D vs. the rush. If you can't stop the rush, you can't win much.

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I thought he said "they" overlooked them? And I don't agree, regardless. They ran into a hot team after the Ravens had a week off and cooled down. We see it all the time. Teams in a must-win situation for weeks get in a groove and a team who is on a bye week loses their momentum. Yes, you want that week off if you can get it, but it doesn't always work out in your favor. 

I would have to check if he said "I" overlooked them, or "we" did.  Either way, it is a lame excuse for getting your heinie kicked. 

It's the Bengals; predicting futility is often the safe bet. 

:lol::lol:...how very true.

I don't know that they've done enough to fix the 30th ranked D vs. the rush. If you can't stop the rush, you can't win much.

They did bring in Adrian Clayborn and Andrew Billings and BJ Goodson....and drafted  Jordan Elliot and Jacob Phillips.  That has been their solution...to date to the Run D dilemma.   And Takitaki and Wilson are made starters at LB it seems.  Each entering year 2.  They certainly have brought in drafted a number of people.  Is it enough?    I am not necessarily sold either. 

Uhh, yea,  but the problem is that your view is obscured by that white hood over your head. 

Hey ass... I have more black friends than you,,, The Dems are the party of the KKK.. I have lived with black folks.. So take your BS and jam it up your liberal , communist asshole!

15 minutes ago, nickers said:

Hey ass... I have more black friends than you,,, The Dems are the party of the KKK.. I have lived with black folks.. So take your BS and jam it up your liberal , communist asshole!

A.  There it is:   the racists mantra..."I have black friends"  .(Do you keep them chained up out back?) Do you have any black relatives?  I do. 

B. You obviously never moved past the 1800s in history class. (Which is where the FOI cult mindset still exists)

C. You wouldn't know what a communist was if one came up and bit you in the ass.  (Here is a clue:  you can probably only find a real one in one place on this planet)

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A.  There it is:   the racists mantra..."I have black friends"  .(Do you keep them chained up out back?) Do you have any black relatives?  I do. 

B. You obviously never moved past the 1800s in history class. (Which is where the FOI cult mindset still exists)

C. You wouldn't know what a communist was if one came up and bit you in the ass.  (Here is a clue:  you can probably only find a real one in one place on this planet)

Yes I have 2 black family members... You are a communist... Don't portend to tell me about communism.. My grandfather fought against it and paid with his life you jackass...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Yes I have 2 black family members... You are a communist... Don't portend to tell me about communism.. My grandfather fought against it and paid with his life you jackass...

They would/should then be completely ashamed of you. This board is ashamed of you.  I am ashamed of you.  And your grandpa may have died in Korea....but you still have no clue what a communist really is.   For you it is just something to call a person you disagree with. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They would/should then be completely ashamed of you. This board is ashamed of you.  I am ashamed of you.  And your grandpa may have died in Korea....but you still have no clue what a communist really is.   For you it is just something to call a person you disagree with. 

You're not only dumb.. You are a typical liberal dick.. I ashamed that you support baby killing.. Riots.. Looters... Destruction and hate... And the defacing of our nations history... Enjoy your socialist , Dystopian life if the dems get in... You deserve it for being a blind , brainwashed sheep!

2 hours ago, nickers said:

You're not only dumb.. You are a typical liberal dick.. I ashamed that you support baby killing.. Riots.. Looters... Destruction and hate... And the defacing of our nations history... Enjoy your socialist , Dystopian life if the dems get in... You deserve it for being a blind , brainwashed sheep!

Who says I support any of that?  In fact I don't support any of that really. So, clearly you haven't a clue about me. 

And FYI....you have been living a socialist life for your entire existence.  So, clearly you haven't a clue about you. 

Clearly YOU support the Hate.  And are callous toward the destruction of 125K lives. 

(by the way...just a technical point, not that I support that really....the defacing of Confederate memorabilia is NOT the defacing of OUR nation's history....but that of a short lived (4 years), failed, treasonous nation that made war against OUR nation.)

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who says I support any of that?  In fact I don't support any of that really. So, clearly you haven't a clue about me. 

And FYI....you have been living a socialist life for your entire existence.  So, clearly you haven't a clue about you. 

Clearly YOU support the Hate.  And are callous toward the destruction of 125K lives. 

(by the way...just a technical point, not that I support that really....the defacing of Confederate memorabilia is NOT the defacing of OUR nation's history....but that of a short lived (4 years), failed, treasonous nation that made war against OUR nation.)

For a man who wears a robe and holds a gavel... I'm disappointed in you... I respect most men of the law.. But you are garbage... You truly are a POS!