THE BROWNS BOARD

Hunt: "Feels happy and blessed" to be a Brown

Icecube

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/22/kareem-hunt-feels-lucky-and-blessed-to-be-a-brown/

I wonder how much the team is willing to pay a #2 RB. What would you guess Hunt would command on an open market? 

McCaffrey leads the parade, $16 mill a year average. (worth every penny)

Hunt is at $3.3. 

They might be willing to go as high as $5 or so, per year. What would you be willing to pay him (keep in mind, some big deals coming up that will eat big chunks of cap space

and also, the cap might be shrinking soon, not expanding).

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/22/kareem-hunt-feels-lucky-and-blessed-to-be-a-brown/

I wonder how much the team is willing to pay a #2 RB. What would you guess Hunt would command on an open market? 

Hunt is at $3.3. 

They might be willing to go as high as $5 or so, per year. What would you be willing to pay him (keep in mind, some big deals coming up that will eat big chunks of cap space

Don't get this wrong but I think the Browns want to use Hunt as a glorified Duke Johnson. I say don't get me wrong beause Duke is not close to being what Hunt is. But I see them using Hunt as a hybrid rb/3rd receiver. If that is the case then his value goes up. The next full season we play will be critical for Hunt. If he is just average then I don't see his salary going above $4-5 million. But Duke Johnson currently gets $5.2 million/year (per overthecap) so I can see Hunt getting $6-8 million if he has a good year. I also think the Browns would pay it.

50 minutes ago, Barry said:

Don't get this wrong but I think the Browns want to use Hunt as a glorified Duke Johnson. I say don't get me wrong beause Duke is not close to being what Hunt is. But I see them using Hunt as a hybrid rb/3rd receiver. If that is the case then his value goes up. The next full season we play will be critical for Hunt. If he is just average then I don't see his salary going above $4-5 million. But Duke Johnson currently gets $5.2 million/year (per overthecap) so I can see Hunt getting $6-8 million if he has a good year. I also think the Browns would pay it.

I think he could fetch the $5 mill. Not sure if he will command $8 for the following reasons. 

1.) Backs are devalued now. Why pay $8 if you can draft and equivalent and pay $1-2 mill? 

2.) Cap may actually shrink because revenues are (i.e. attendance decreasing). 

3.) Unlike the last few decades, Browns may be thin on cap space considering they will be paying Myles, Baker, Chubb and a few others soon. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I think he could fetch the $5 mill. Not sure if he will command $8 for the following reasons. 

1.) Backs are devalued now. Why pay $8 if you can draft and equivalent and pay $1-2 mill? 

2.) Cap may actually shrink because revenues are (i.e. attendance decreasing). 

3.) Unlike the last few decades, Browns may be thin on cap space considering they will be paying Myles, Baker, Chubb and a few others soon. 

I'm thinking that he would get the higher amount only if he pans out as a rb/wr. We wouldn't keep Higgins in that scenario so that's a million dollars in salary that could conceivably transfer from Higgins to Hunt.

Edit- I don't think they will play this year. Next year revenue will be back to normal, maybe even higher.

2nd Edit- Just read the article about 3rd receivers in Stefansky's system. They don't fare too well in numbers. Mostl likely he won't have the kind of year that will get him into the $8 million range.

10 hours ago, Icecube said:

Hunt is at $3.3. 

Right now I wouldn't pay him anything.  Football is over

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Right now I wouldn't pay him anything.  Football is over

Yes a lot of attitudes will be changing in all contact sports in 2020.

Just think a minute Hunt with his baggage is getting paid about $3.3M to play football just think what happens if there is no product until 2021 right up to and through the 2021 draft in Cleveland next year.  Just think if the NFL  draft is the next football event.

The very heavy TV contract is the lifeblood in professional football for the players and their billionaire owners with their now multibillion dollar stadiums just sitting there empty.

The $2.3 billion dollar stadium in LA is 85% done and was scheduled to open in 2020.

Well we all wait to see what happens next.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:12 AM, mjp28 said:

Yes a lot of attitudes will be changing in all contact sports in 2020.

Just think a minute Hunt with his baggage is getting paid about $3.3M to play football just think what happens if there is no product until 2021 right up to and through the 2021 draft in Cleveland next year.  Just think if the NFL  draft is the next football event.

The very heavy TV contract is the lifeblood in professional football for the players and their billionaire owners with their now multibillion dollar stadiums just sitting there empty.

The $2.3 billion dollar stadium in LA is 85% done and was scheduled to open in 2020.

Well we all wait to see what happens next.

I thought I heard on news radio last night that MLB was starting in mid july.. But I will look and see if theres anything to validate this.. If so.. Then there's hope...

Ok.. Heres what I found.. So it appears to be imminent with the virus weakening...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-2020-season-start-date-schedule-divisions/1vk4j72jn34np181xuvg9s6oce

27 minutes ago, nickers said:

Ok.. Heres what I found.. So it appears to be imminent with the virus weakening...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-2020-season-start-date-schedule-divisions/1vk4j72jn34np181xuvg9s6oce

........Manfred's mandate caps off a months-long "will-they-won't-they" storyline fit for a terrible TV sitcom, featuring lots of public bitterness from both sides. With Manfred imposing a season, we'll have Major League Baseball in 2020, unless something insane happens between now and July 23. Which, well, is a major possibility this year........

I was watching the class act Terry Franconia on the STO Tribe Report last night on how disappointed he was in the mlb players and owners on their handling of this schedule/money situation.

Like he said with all of the tough times going on in the country now......(translating his words), they look like a bunch of greedy fighting little babies at this time of a pandemic crisis going on.  This was their time to pull together, they blew it.

(My words) the public is disgusted with the whole thing.

Also mlb is having trouble even getting a short preseason together any regular season is still going to be hard to pull off.  At best if you lose 2, 4, 6 players you kick them off the team and move on.  Talk about a screwed up playoff and world series.

That goes for the NFL, NBA and NHL also.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

........Manfred's mandate caps off a months-long "will-they-won't-they" storyline fit for a terrible TV sitcom, featuring lots of public bitterness from both sides. With Manfred imposing a season, we'll have Major League Baseball in 2020, unless something insane happens between now and July 23. Which, well, is a major possibility this year........

I was watching Terry Franconia on the STO Tribe Report last night on how disappointed he was in the mlb players and owners on their handling of this schedule/money situation.

Like he said with all of the tough times going on in the country now......(translating his words), they look like a bunch of greedy fighting little babies at this time of a pandemic crisis going on.  This was their time to pull together, they blew it.

(My words) the public is disgusted with the whole thing.

Also mlb is having trouble even getting a short preseason together any regular season is still going to be hard to pull off.  At best if you lose 2, 4, 6 players you kick them off the team and move on.  Talk about a screwed up playoff and world series.

That goes for the NFL, NBA and NHL also.

Not only that.. But the world as a whole has become irritable and snarky toward each other.. I notice that snarkiness among posters here.. Myself included..... now with all of the race baiting and name calling.. Its the complete opposite of "Come Together" I fear were headed down an even darker road.. I pray for all of us...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1