THE BROWNS BOARD

Good study of Wilson

Unsympathetic

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The linebacker spot overall worries me more than any part of the team, offense or defense. 

Me too. I would LOVE to see us sign Clay III as an experienced, still productive player/mentor. It would be one helluva PR move in Cleveland too.

Mike

• Upvote 2

He flashed at times. But he was Far too inconsistent but he was a rookie too.  I saw some lackadaisical play from him and our secondary as well.  

we fixed the line (I believe) we have weapons, Baker I believe has his head on straight. But the defense was disappointing last season and needed a major infusion of talent and better scheme.  I trust our new D coordinator to coach up the young secondary.  I think the scheme is better but I think we are going out on a shaky limb with this LB Corp. Adding J Clowney and a full year of what appears to be an even bigger breakout from Myles maybe this covers up the concern at LB.  

On 6/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The linebacker spot overall worries me more than any part of the team, offense or defense. 

This is part of not having a regular off-season that sucks. I think he can be coached to be average starter which is all we need but fucken covid.

6 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

This is part of not having a regular off-season that sucks. I think he can be coached to be average starter which is all we need but fucken covid.

This offseason is going to be a bigger problem for a team like the Browns, which is still a young team, with a new coaching staff. Teams that have a well-established culture of winning will be at a distinct advantage. 

On 6/26/2020 at 7:16 AM, Dutch Oven said:

This offseason is going to be a bigger problem for a team like the Browns, which is still a young team, with a new coaching staff. Teams that have a well-established culture of winning will be at a distinct advantage. 

I'm probably not the only one thinking they'll have about 14-15 months before they'll play their next regular season game.  FWIW, Schobert didn't really GET IT as a rookie either. Now that he started exceeding the expectation of where/when he was drafted - he'll be employed in a state where the Corona virus had 9,585 new cases yesterday and over 8,900 cases the day before.   That's in the same state that was going to host the Superbowl (in Tampa where Tom Brady and Gronk signed to help that team).  As we speak, some TB Bucs have already tested positive while 2 coaches were in quarantine awaiting results.

The Governor of Florida (where Trump has a home and resort), also withheld unemployment checks by not fixing the software people had to apply on.  Millions didn't get their first unemployment checks until after the state re-opened.Geee, why would that be?  Well, The President was pointing out all his enemies (Democratic Leaders of States) had bad economies from the virus while his allies all reflected good economies under the circumstances.  Okay, so if you don't pay the unemployment - your state posts better economic results placing PEOPLE second and INTEGRITY last.   Is a Democracy for the people or just Trump's Cheerleaders?   Magically when people started returning to work the glitch got fixed.  Tell me that didn't have Trump's influence all over it.  It's more about his election than the people.

As long as we're stuck with the Brat-In-Charge of this country, the type of leadership we'll continue to see is never ending finger pointing, endless white house turnover of hand selected Trump-ets, and pitting US Military against Americans for the President's photo op session (at a church he hadn't attended since 2019).  The Bishop of the Episcopal Church and at least 2 former highly decorated Military Generals (Kelly and Mattis) blasted the brat for that.  The 2020 NFL Season isn't the only thing today's White House Leadership will devour.  In the last week, the Brat asked a lot of his Cheerleaders to attend rallies in states that have had alarming increases in the incidence of the virus.  Just when it can't get any more outrageous there seems to be growing trend of "REAL LOYALISTS DON'T WEAR MASKS" like their leader and his hand picked task force leader that recommended wearing masks while frequently refusing to wear one in crowds.  Like many of Trump's hand selected hirees (he fired within a year or so) have cautioned - his biggest problem is he doesn't read or research.  All inconvenient truth that will interfere with Trump's rallies and campaign opportunities will continue to be called fake news.  He's not worried about PEOPLE at all - even his cheerleaders. All he wants to do is WIN an election for his ego not the people (or should I say at least half the people?) Yay!

Unfortunately, it's pretty tough to get excited about this season. I work in health care were the reality isn't nearly as fake as the President and his hand picked task force leader.  If it came down to it - I'd vote for a cinder block over the current Brat-In-Charge.  As we speak, the only Trump Cheerleaders wearing masks in the south are the KKK.  Sorry for the rant but this country is in trouble today...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Unfortunately, it's pretty tough to get excited about this season. I work in health care were the reality isn't nearly as fake as the President and his hand picked task force leader.  If it came down to it - I'd vote for a cinder block over the current Brat-In-Charge.  As we speak, the only Trump Cheerleaders wearing masks in the south are the KKK.  Sorry for the rant but this country is in trouble today...

This whole thing business, politics, sports, life in general is unlike anything that anyone now alive has ever seen.  And life in the healthcare system is really strange too, I've been in the hospital twice this year and I'm glad my wife retired in 2018.  I'm a bit surprised though how enthusiastic the nursing students that I've met this year are about the future.... good for them. (Or maybe they are just young.)

It's hard to take a big "do-over" for 2020 but that is what might happen.

I just hope that it doesn't bleed to bad into 2021.

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree Flugs, I'm not real optimistic that the NFL season will happen, or if it starts, it might end unceremoniously. 

You already know my thoughts on the rest of your post. 

Thanks Dutch!   Pence finally wore mask in a crowd for the cameras on June 28.  A little late for the virus situation but 1party thinks it's not too late for the upcoming elections. 

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

This whole thing business, politics, sports, life in general is unlike anything that anyone now alive has ever seen.  And life in the healthcare system is really strange too, I've been in the hospital twice this year and I'm glad my wife retired in 2018.  I'm a bit surprised though how enthusiastic the nursing students that I've met this year are about the future.... good for them. (Or maybe they are just young.)

It's hard to take a big "do-over" for 2020 but that is what might happen.

I just hope that it doesn't bleed to bad into 2021.

Thanks for weighing in MJ.  I hear ya!   That said, I'm glad we have young people eager and enthused to help out the healthcare industry.  We're gonna need them.