THE BROWNS BOARD

Chubb at GA

Icecube

I followed him in college & WAY preferred Chubb over Sony Michel.

Brown's RBs? Chubb needs to play awhile longer, but (IMHO) he's a step above Byner & has the potential to move closer to the Leroy Kelly & Jim Brown level. He's a special RB.

Mike

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Brown's RBs? Chubb needs to play awhile longer, but (IMHO) he's a step above Byner & has the potential to move closer to the Leroy Kelly & Jim Brown level. He's a special RB.

Mike

And as of right now, Chubb is proving to be the way better back than Michel. I'm not sure Sony's knee is all good.   

I live in a tri- state area.  The Georgia state line is 11 miles from the house.  As the bird flies, Alabama is maybe 20 miles over Lookout Mountain.  As such, you see a lot of different hats when in a sports bar, thus, I was very aware of Nick.  

You see a lot of different games, but you are always going to see the Vols, Bulldogs, and the Tide.

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I live in a tri- state area.  The Georgia state line is 11 miles from the house.  As the bird flies, Alabama is maybe 20 miles over Lookout Mountain.  As such, you see a lot of different hats when in a sports bar, thus, I was very aware of Nick.  

You see a lot of different games, but you are always going to see the Vols, Bulldogs, and the Tide.

I don't know...if you watched college football you knew that he sort of split time with Sony Michel at GA.

And what?  You don't see much about the Commodores there? 

On 6/20/2020 at 5:39 PM, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Yeah... I'm not sure what Bill saw in Sony Michel.. Nice back.. But Chubb is the best back in the biz right now.. Zeke Elliott is pretty good but can't stay on the field or he's too doped up like Ricky Williams..

Mike

Sony is a good player.....when he's on the field..... but Chubb is the real deal, good player and teammate.  And I was for picking the other Chubb in round 1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah... I'm not sure what Bill saw in Sony Michel.. Nice back.. But Chubb is the best back in the biz right now.. Zeke Elliott is pretty good but can't stay on the field or he's too doped up like Ricky Williams..

Zeke was an outstanding back up until last season. He appeared to lose his burst in 2019. And it meant everything. Plays where Zeke used to take it to the house turned into plays that went 3 yards. Chubb is at the top, but I think Dobbins will be right there with him in 2020, if he gets enough touches. Look out for Dillon in GB as well. 

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Chubb came off a nasty knee injury. I never actually saw it before researching it now. It’s not for the feint of heart to see, while coming after the play AND out of bounds. 

Probably the main reason he wasn’t a 1st rounder. What a selection by Dorsey, anyhow. 

• Upvote 2

Mike

Throwback Thursday!

Georgia's Nick Chubb came into the NFL one inch taller, and 3 pounds heavier than former Clemson RB Kevin Mack in his rookie year (got to be those pillow shoulder pads)

Toledo's Kareem Hunt also came into the NFL one inch taller, but 14 pounds lighter than East Carolina's RB Ernest Byner

Per HOF... Only 6 RB duo's have both rushed for over 1000 yards in same season, while playing on the same team.. Mack & Byner were 3rd to ever..

35 years later 😤...Could N. Chubb & K.Hunt be the 7th ever?

On 6/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, The Gipper said:

I don't know...if you watched college football you knew that he sort of split time with Sony Michel at GA.

And what?  You don't see much about the Commodores there? 

Not many Vandy fans.  You only see them when they are playing a team you want to watch.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:22 AM, ballpeen said:

SEC territory. That's the big boys' conference. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Chubb came off a nasty knee injury. I never actually saw it before researching it now. It’s not for the feint of heart to see, while coming after the play AND out of bounds. 

Probably the main reason he wasn’t a 1st rounder. What a selection by Dorsey, anyhow. 

Not many backs go in the 1st round these days. A lot of very good backs go in the 2nd and 3rd. Only 1 back went in the 1st round this year, with the last pick in the 1st. And only one RB went in the 1st in 2019.  

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

4. Stanford

13. Cal-Berkely

17. UCLA

21. Michigan

22. Northwestern

48. Illinois

51. Wisconsin

62. USC

70. Ohio State

78. Penn St.

79. Minnesota

84. Michigan St.

88. Purdue

91. Maryland

104. Arizona

116. Vanderbilt

124. Colorado

130. Washington

134. Indiana

155. Arizona St.

168. Rutgers

175. Florida

178. Texas A&M

Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

Between 251-300:  Oregon

Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

Well....the Big 12 didn't fare any better, honestly.  Here are the rankings for those schools:

38.  Texas

351-400 Iowa St.

401-500:   Kansas,  OK Stl

Over 500:  Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech,  West Va. Kansas St.

The Final  P-5 Conference,  the ACC does much better:

20.  Duke

38. Georgia Tech

54. North Carolina

107.  Virginia

115.   Pitt

201-250:  Miami,   Wake Forest, Va. Tech

251-300:  Florida St.  Syracuse;

301-350:  Boston College,  NC St.

Over 500:  Clemson,  Louisville

Honestly though, I have to take this ranking with a grain of salt.  It seems very Eurocentric, and I don't know if they have a clue about American schools. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

Number of schools in the Top 200 per each conf.:

Big Ten:  12

Pac 12:   8

ACC:  5

SEC: 3

Big 12:   1

Ivy League school rankings:

6. Princeton

7. Harvard

8. Yale

11.  Penn

16. Columbia

19. Cornell

53. Brown

94. Dartmouth

FYI....this ranking had   Cal Tech,  Stanford, and MIT rated above any of the Ivy League schools. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2020 at 1:50 PM, The Gipper said:

4. Stanford

13. Cal-Berkely

17. UCLA

21. Michigan

22. Northwestern

48. Illinois

51. Wisconsin

62. USC

70. Ohio State

78. Penn St.

79. Minnesota

84. Michigan St.

88. Purdue

91. Maryland

104. Arizona

116. Vanderbilt

124. Colorado

130. Washington

134. Indiana

155. Arizona St.

168. Rutgers

175. Florida

178. Texas A&M

Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

Between 251-300:  Oregon

Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

This takes a genius to figure out?

I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

Just saying

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

This takes a genius to figure out?

I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

Just saying

The question had to do with Vanderbilt being in the SEC where Dutch  said that it was there to "bring up the GPA" of the conference, just as Northwestern is in the Big Ten to bring up its "GPA".....so I started checking out the data......and the above is what I found.  I did not know what the result of the data was going to be, (though honestly I did suspect that the Big 10 would rank out higher overall). But I did just give the data. So don't blame me....blame the data. (note I also said that you may have to take these rankings...and all rankings of this sort... with a grain of salt).

And I am aware that FLA.  law has a good rep.   (almost as good as  Cleveland-Marshall...:lol::P

(actually....US News and World Report ranks   Fla.  at #48,   CSU at #106) 

http://schools.lawschoolnumbers.com/rankings/us-news-report-law-school-rankings

(as for a Doctor...I would reccommend  Johns Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine.

9 hours ago, Icecube said:

OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

I believe that the SEC has a different set of standards when it comes to grades and football players than most other conferences.

Top SEC versus B10 I'd go with the B10 over the SEC and most P5 schools.