Jump to content
MLD Woody

Browns players taking a knee

Recommended Posts

Please, please, please can we skip the "they're disrespecting the flag" bullshit? 

If we're going to have people here posting negative, hateful comments against Browns players for peacefully protesting you might as well save us the trouble and leave now. 

Based on Goodell admitting the NFL was wrong on this issue in the past, I think they'll have the balls to go against Trump. As a result, plus with everything else going on, you're going to see players taking a knee. I reference Jarvis and OBJ as they were just in the players' video on the issue. 

Drew Brees admitted his mistake and understands it now. I'm hoping more posters on here do as well.

Otherwise we're in for another long season of some awful and embarrassing takes on here.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Please, please, please can we skip the "they're disrespecting the flag" bullshit? 

If we're going to have people here posting negative, hateful comments against Browns players for peacefully protesting you might as well save us the trouble and leave now. 

Based on Goodell admitting the NFL was wrong on this issue in the past, I think they'll have the balls to go against Trump. As a result, plus with everything else going on, you're going to see players taking a knee. I reference Jarvis and OBJ as they were just in the players' video on the issue. 

Drew Brees admitted his mistake and understands it now. I'm hoping more posters on here do as well.

Otherwise we're in for another long season of some awful and embarrassing takes on here.

I’ll bite ...See I am not going to fall prey to the pick a side mob mentality happening now in our country.  

Am I happy with the direction of this country?  (social aspects no- financially we are stronger than ever).  We can be much better.  We still have oppressed coming here from all over the world- I see it daily in San Diego.  This is a great place by no means is it a perfect place.

I’m disgusted by The actions of a former officer and inactions of the other former officers in MN.  I know they aren’t all bad there are certainly bad eggs that target groups and races. But a “solution” to disband the police is ludicrous.

 I unfortunately and sadly see that people are treated differently in this Country.  

I hate seeing people looting small businesses and other establishments but I think it’s great that peaceful protest is happening with both young and old.  It’s uniting generations. 

But let me also say I am damn grateful for the sacrifice soldiers and officers have made to protect us.  I’m grateful for their service and out of respect for what they’ve done the flag as a symbol not just of our nation but of the sacrifice of soldiers and officers I stop what I’m doing during the song and presentation of flag and my focus is on that.  I don’t agree with kneeling but that’s a choice you have just as people have a choice not to agree with you.

I’m still going to buy NFL products watch games and hopefully go to games soon. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my take.  Sadly, it's the police that set the tone of racism in this country.  Yes, citizens do terrible racist things...but the police are the ones that set the example.  And too many of them are bullies and power mongers, who think that they don't have to follow the laws.  This type of activity has been going on all the way back to Wyatt Earp.....but now, we've all got video cameras in our pockets...

Police chiefs can come out and say all the right things, but it's all blah, blah, blah......because there's too many peckerheaded policemen.  The police are no different than any other organization though, there's assholes in every profession...all the way up to and including priesthood and boy scout masters.  There's just a higher concentration in the police because that's where the bullies in life would gravitate towards.  That and the underworld.  

Growing up, I instructed my son that the police are not your friends.  They are a necessary evil.  ( BTW, my little cousin is a policeman.  He's a heck of a great guy!  Made it to Sargent!  I love him to death! ) 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Orion, @SdBacker80

I would just like to say, even if I don't agree with everything in your post, I appreciate that well thought out an honest discussion. Sometimes it is nice to get confirmation that the world isn't just the loud extremes. 

I'm also genuinely not trying to bait anyone into posting (though a certain group might take this downhill fast). 

Based on recent comments by Goodell and the NFL it looks like kneeling will be allowed. Based on the previous response from some on this board, I am asking they come to grips with this reality sooner than later. We definitely don't need to be "that" fanbase when the league resumes.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is what is the average IQ of a police officer. this is no offense to you if your a policeman....I love “good” cops. but I do wonder sometimes if the training for cops just isn’t adequate enough. 
 

I am sorry for both sides. I hate how the black community is treated. I hate how good cops will now be treated because of some bad cops, but I also see the systemic racism being existent. I also see the looting as despicable. Unfortunately nobody fucking wins in this scenario. That’s racism for you. I hope the country heals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't bother me when players kneeled last time, and it won't bother me this time.

Let me know when to lock this thread or send it to the poli board.

Z

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remember,   DJTs  disaffection for the NFL and its players all comes back to him personally (as everything usually does) , because he was twice rejected to be allowed to become an NFL owner.  He FUBARed the entire USFL situation...which I always felt that if he had not intervened could have actually been successful to the point that a potential merger with the NFL could have eventually happened;   and again when he was rejected from consideration to buy the Buffalo Bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Jesus thinks of the protests before football games....

 

Braap.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zombo said:

It didn't bother me when players kneeled last time, and it won't bother me this time.

Let me know when to lock this thread or send it to the poli board.

Z

Going pretty smoothly so far. Let's see how it plays out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’ll bite ...See I am not going to fall prey to the pick a side mob mentality happening now in our country.  

Am I happy with the direction of this country?  (social aspects no- financially we are stronger than ever).  We can be much better.  We still have oppressed coming here from all over the world- I see it daily in San Diego.  This is a great place by no means is it a perfect place.

I’m disgusted by The actions of a former officer and inactions of the other former officers in MN.  I know they aren’t all bad there are certainly bad eggs that target groups and races. But a “solution” to disband the police is ludicrous.

 I unfortunately and sadly see that people are treated differently in this Country.  

I hate seeing people looting small businesses and other establishments but I think it’s great that peaceful protest is happening with both young and old.  It’s uniting generations. 

But let me also say I am damn grateful for the sacrifice soldiers and officers have made to protect us.  I’m grateful for their service and out of respect for what they’ve done the flag as a symbol not just of our nation but of the sacrifice of soldiers and officers I stop what I’m doing during the song and presentation of flag and my focus is on that.  I don’t agree with kneeling but that’s a choice you have just as people have a choice not to agree with you.

I’m still going to buy NFL products watch games and hopefully go to games soon. 

While I could go on and on about how the kneeling during anthem was hijacked by a certain demography of people when it's truly about the killing of unarmed black men by the police. It nice hearing from someone that has a different viewpoint but isn't a complete an utter asshole about it. Stay safe go Browns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

My question is what is the average IQ of a police officer. this is no offense to you if your a policeman....I love “good” cops. but I do wonder sometimes if the training for cops just isn’t adequate enough. 
 

I am sorry for both sides. I hate how the black community is treated. I hate how good cops will now be treated because of some bad cops, but I also see the systemic racism being existent. I also see the looting as despicable. Unfortunately nobody fucking wins in this scenario. That’s racism for you. I hope the country heals.

Probably very low. Hill jack states like Kentucky you don't even need a HS diploma.  Over in Europe many countries train their police for 2-3 years and the use of a gun is a last resort. Your taught to deescalate dangerous situations. Over here it take 23 weeks in the police academy to get your badge and you get cops beating 75 old men and laughing about it as an end result. Many of these people were bullies in school. Add in the direct correlational that racism is also directly tied to being uneducated, stupid, and ignorant and you have the mess that we are in. It also doesn't help the police "Policing" themselves is simple not working, like at all. It one thing for you to let a fellow police officer off the hook for having a few to many, it's entirely a different story when you sit there for 9 minutes while an man dies under co-workers knee and you sit there doing nothing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

My question is what is the average IQ of a police officer. this is no offense to you if your a policeman....I love “good” cops. but I do wonder sometimes if the training for cops just isn’t adequate enough. 
 

 

In just about every larger city department, you take a civil service test. Typically, the test is similar to a SAT or ACT test....not ultra tough but not easy. Usually about 200 questions.

You need 70% to pass, and those that do are ranked in orde (with all passing candidates). Then there's the physical agility test.

If you're being considered for a position then you have polygraph tests, background checks, etc. Then you need to pass the academy & department probation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who kneels and disrespects the flag should never be acknowledged as "American(s)" ever again..... They don't deserve it!

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nickers said:

Anyone who kneels and disrespects the flag should never be acknowledged as "American(s)" ever again..... They don't deserve it!

So, what you seem to be  saying is that Americans are not granted the freedom of expression?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Probably very low. Hill jack states like Kentucky you don't even need a HS diploma.  Over in Europe many countries train their police for 2-3 years and the use of a gun is a last resort. Your taught to deescalate dangerous situations. Over here it take 23 weeks in the police academy to get your badge and you get cops beating 75 old men and laughing about it as an end result. Many of these people were bullies in school. Add in the direct correlational that racism is also directly tied to being uneducated, stupid, and ignorant and you have the mess that we are in. It also doesn't help the police "Policing" themselves is simple not working, like at all. It one thing for you to let a fellow police officer off the hook for having a few to many, it's entirely a different story when you sit there for 9 minutes while an man dies under co-workers knee and you sit there doing nothing.

I’m a cop. I have an above average IQ. I work with a lot of people who are as equally or more intelligent than I am. I don’t hate anyone. We live in dark times. Not sure what else to say. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Comeonman said:

I’m a cop. I have an above average IQ. I work with a lot of people who are as equally or more intelligent than I am. I don’t hate anyone. We live in dark times. Not sure what else to say. 

I applauded you for your work and mean no disrespect. Hell I believe you but there's WAYYY too many bad apples at this point, even if it's 4 percent of officers that are bad that's too much. Cops are essential to society the same way as an engine on a plane is. Think... would you be ok with an engine failure 4 percent of the time while going on a trip to Vegas? These guys should be held to highest of standards because they meant to protect all people end of story. This could have easily avoided if this was handled internally by police doing the work themselves think eg. MLB. But maybe being a "nark" had too many downsides I guess. Would really like to hear your input if you had anymore thoughts. Dark times indeed my friend. Stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nickers said:

Anyone who kneels and disrespects the flag should never be acknowledged as "American(s)" ever again..... They don't deserve it!

I was wondering when smell of lemon scented bleach, racism, and a profound detachment on reality would rear it's ugly head. Hell even Zomba got a lol out of this! When he starts spouting out his hatred of others and junk science it may be time to lock the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, what you seem to be  saying is that Americans are not granted the freedom of expression?  

Express all you like.... just know that there can be consequences... And sometimes there usually are.... in the meantime we have CNN running 24/7 in the schools brain washing our young.. Yet. we're gonna cow tow to BLM, ANTIFA and all of the other leftist organizations and turn a man who was a drug infested thug. and a member of the porn industry. and make a martyr out him?.. LOL!... Only in America.... You people are deranged!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget all the hoopla.  Play the anthem, then have the players run on to the field.  Forget all the introductions and fireworks.  On gameday, it is a team of 48 or whatever it is.  The team hits the field and that is that.

 

Don't give them the stage.  The stage is the game.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nickers said:

Express all you like.... just know that there can be consequences... And sometimes there usually are.... in the meantime we have CNN running 24/7 in the schools brain washing our young.. Yet. we're gonna cow tow to BLM, ANTIFA and all of the other leftist organizations and turn a man who was a drug infested thug. and a member of the porn industry. and make a martyr out him?.. LOL!... Only in America.... You people are deranged!

Yes, there can be consequences....in the meantime we have Fox News running 24/7 in the schools brain washing our young.  We're going to cowtow to  QAnon,  White Supremacist and all the other right wing organization hate groups who want turn people into  Nazi loving, murdering right wing terrorists.  LOL....   You people,  the ignorant, the racist, the hateful, the greedy, the indecent....you with your cult admiration of a fascist dictator wannabe  ?   NOT in America.

(now would be a good time to move this)

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Forget all the hoopla.  Play the anthem, then have the players run on to the field.  Forget all the introductions and fireworks.  On gameday, it is a team of 48 or whatever it is.  The team hits the field and that is that.

 

Don't give them the stage.  The stage is the game.

Upvote image.thumb.png.2607947e0e173d56f99857d683525c2c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

My money was not on Nickers in the office pool. 

Of course.. You're as wishy washy as they come

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

I applauded you for your work and mean no disrespect. Hell I believe you but there's WAYYY too many bad apples at this point, even if it's 4 percent of officers that are bad that's too much. Cops are essential to society the same way as an engine on a plane is. Think... would you be ok with an engine failure 4 percent of the time while going on a trip to Vegas? These guys should be held to highest of standards because they meant to protect all people end of story. This could have easily avoided if this was handled internally by police doing the work themselves think eg. MLB. But maybe being a "nark" had too many downsides I guess. Would really like to hear your input if you had anymore thoughts. Dark times indeed my friend. Stay safe.

I would agree and disagree. Depends on what your definition of bad is. Are 4% of cops douchebags? In my experience... no. More like 10-20%. Would 4% of cops do something as sick and twisted as Chauvin did? I don’t believe it would be even .00004%. 
I ask the same question most others do, how do you weed those people out? Unfortunately, I don’t know. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nickers said:

Of course.. You're as wishy washy as they come

That doesn't make any sense haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Comeonman said:


I ask the same question most others do, how do you weed those people out? Unfortunately, I don’t know. 
 

The answer that Minneapolis seems to have decided on is to teardown the whole system and to rebuild it from the ground up while diverting funding to social programs aimed at taking responsibility off of the police (like mental health programs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, MLD Woody said:

Please, please, please can we skip the "they're disrespecting the flag" bullshit? 

The assertion Kaep's action has anything to do with the flag is the very definition of a "red herring" argument -- a pure distraction because the person advancing that assertion doesn't want to [can't] confront the accuracy of Kaep's stance on the issue of policing.

Kaep's stance is further proven 110% correct.. because he got blackballed for it.  People don't get blackballed for being incorrect.

Nike was 110% correct to make Kaep their spokesman.. because the under-40 are the ones who buy shoes.

4 hours ago, Comeonman said:

how do you weed those people out?

Campaign Zero has a good starting list of policies.  The point is that the public is past nonspecific never-verified promises of "reform" on some future date which never arrives.

13 hours ago, nickers said:

Express all you like.... just know that there can be consequences

A right-winger sees a thread going in a way he doesn't like and starts by threatening violence? Today must end with a Y. 

Win those hearts and minds!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unfortunate that nickers missed his calling.

He would have made a great German in the 1930s and early 40s. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bob806 said:

In just about every larger city department, you take a civil service test. Typically, the test is similar to a SAT or ACT test....not ultra tough but not easy. Usually about 200 questions.

You need 70% to pass, and those that do are ranked in orde (with all passing candidates). Then there's the physical agility test.

If you're being considered for a position then you have polygraph tests, background checks, etc. Then you need to pass the academy & department probation. 

They should also take watered down law school type courses (Criminal Procedure, Evidence) there are charges thrown out everyday and evidence suppressed over simple mistakes

i have family in law enforcement.  There are all bright.  One even has a Masters Degree. They take there work seriously and they are extremely fair people in their day to day life. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×