THE BROWNS BOARD

Football and coronavirus

Orion

8 hours ago, Orion said:

...shouldn't be a problem playing the game...

Remembering the Freezer Bowl warmly

MLB is already having a big problem; and they rarely ever have this many players this close together inhaling each other's asss breath during their games.

I wonder what week the NFL will come out of denial and end the season... 

• Upvote 2

My guess is week 3-4 after about 20% of the league test positive.   Fuck the Chinese.

To edit....that is a great image...MLB doesn't have nearly as much close contact and is seeing infections rise.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Fuck the Chinese

Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

MLB is already having a big problem; and they rarely ever have this many players this close together inhaling each other's asss breath during their games.

Oh yeah what could go wrong there ?

5cb09abc2400007600067db2.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

We're not good at it.  But believing anything China has to say is risky.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If by that you mean untrustworthy

Huh?  The US policy towards China since literally before I was born has consisted of elites putting fingers in their ears saying "LALALA".  They told themselves a fantasy based on ZERO evidence - that if the US threw enough money at China [excuse me, "liberalized" them] then the Chinese government would by the process of underpants gnomes magically transmogrify into a representative democracy.  It had zero actual chance of working then - and now.

The point is that the Chinese NEVER promised they would -- they simply didn't say anything while the US leaders invented fairy tales.. no different than that fairy tale about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction [and iraqi soldiers killing kuwaiti babies, etc etc].

Don't be swayed by outright propaganda --- the US had plenty of representation at the WHO and other world medical groups where China was reporting all of this information quite diligently -- and accurately.  The first warning publication in the US was.. January 2020.  In DC.  China didn't lie outright or by omission -- US leaders simply chose not to pay attention to the actual content of the Chinese communication.. just like Nixon in the 70's.

I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Your marriage to Trent Richardson in a civil ceremony may very well be a solution to something, but I'm not sure we agree on the problem it solves.

Thankfully I had already swallowed my coffee when I read this. 

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Its been done.  See the Survey thread.   So, you don't need to bother. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

The five Browns players who opted out for the 2020 season are OL Colby Gossett, OG Drew Forbes, OT Drake Dorbeck, DT Andrew Billings, OG Malcolm Pridgeon

Would it be fair to say that all but Forbes in Billings may have possibly not made the final roster anyway. And by opting out now They are just ensuring themselves that they are going to get a paycheck but they likely would not have been getting once they were cut?

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Would it be fair to say that all but Forbes in Billings may have possibly not made the final roster anyway. And by opting out now They are just ensuring themselves that they are going to get a paycheck but they likely would not have been getting once they were cut?

I raised that question about a week ago.  But certain criteria has to be met.  I don't think that Dorbeck or Pridgeon meet the criteria and will not get any money.  They DO however get an invite to camp next year...which might be a better year to show their talent in order to make the team.

• Upvote 1

COVID-19 survivors face a lifetime of disability - Today's must read, especially if you or anyone you know thinks kids can't get it.

Sweden is continuing to have more new cases per capita than Europe - for those of you who believed the lies about sweden's "let-er-rip" policy. To be clear, herd immunity is not going to be a thing.

Power 5 discussing no fall football

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

COVID-19 survivors face a lifetime of disability - Today's must read, especially if you or anyone you know thinks kids can't get it.

Sweden is continuing to have more new cases per capita than Europe - for those of you who believed the lies about sweden's "let-er-rip" policy. To be clear, herd immunity is not going to be a thing.

Power 5 discussing no fall football

Pin on Hot trending gifs

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:11 AM, Flugel said:

no foootsball for you.......season will be a disaster if they play......but el trumpo will say .....play ball folks...who cares who gets sick...fucking moron....

• Upvote 1

It seems like the colleges are bailing out of fall football.  I can't imagine High Schools playing.

The NFL has the money, I guess, to be testing players all the time to make sure the 'building' is safe.  So, if everyone on the team(s) are COVID free, then I guess they could play.  But you've gotta be darned sure that everybody's COVID free.  I can't see high schools being able to be sure that the players are COVID free.  Who would pay for testing?

C'mon vaccine!  Or cure!  Or divine intervention!  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Orion said:

If they were to play games...and have no fans, or very limited fans....would that cause more fans to gather at each others houses and watch the game(s)?  

Or various bars.   I have thought about if the Browns do play if I am going to go watch games.  I may have to look in the the ticket on the computer.    I'll want to watch games.  I may not want to watch with a lot of people around.  I may not want to watch with a lot of other people around.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Or various bars.   I have thought about if the Browns do play if I am going to go watch games.  I may have to look in the the ticket on the computer.    I'll want to watch games.  I may not want to watch with a lot of people around.  I may not want to watch with a lot of other people around.

People are remodeling and updating their houses, backyards, man caves, big screen TVs at record numbers.  The stay at home thing is here and maybe to stay.

Going to share your germs in public isn't smart any more even though many are still doing it.

Oh btw we just finished remodeling our main bathroom today, paid in full $18,000 after the downstairs in 2018 and upstairs in 2019......all non COVID related.

All the contractors we know can't get material for their jobs......crazy world we're in now.