THE BROWNS BOARD

Been a hard month for the Confederate States of America

cccjwh

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I've got a battle flag on my bumber and go to Wright Patterson AFB shopping once every few months.  Since I'm retired they can't do a fucking thing to me.😁

Seriously, DH - have you seen the AF museum at Wright-Pat? it's free and it's amazing.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I've seen it.  Don't know if its open now however.  I just go to the commissary and exchange while I'm there.  My nephew lives in Fairborn.

you can only do that because you are retired, right? I wanted to show my Wife around there, but you'd have to have a sponsor, and of course, it's been decades since I've been there. I wonder how the fishing is on the lakes back in the back of the base.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

you can only do that because you are retired, right? I wanted to show my Wife around there, but you'd have to have a sponsor, and of course, it's been decades since I've been there. I wonder how the fishing is on the lakes back in the back of the base.

Right.  However, they allow service connected veterans to shop also.  If you have a va card that shows service connection you can get in I think.

No I did not write this. But there are some good suggestions. But I agree with the author, we should name the bases after Americans.

Fort Carney (Replacing Fort Polk)

Named after SGT William Harvey Carney, who was the first African American to receive the Medal of Honor. On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.

Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.

Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.
For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900.

Fort Benevidez (Replacing Fort Hood)

Named after MSG Roy Benevidez. On May 2, 1968, a 12-man Special Forces patrol, was surrounded by a NVA infantry battalion of about 1,000 men. Benavidez heard the radio appeal for help and boarded a helicopter to respond. Armed only with a knife, he jumped from the helicopter carrying his medical bag and ran to help the trapped patrol. Benavidez "distinguished himself by a series of daring and extremely valorous actions... and because of his gallant choice to join voluntarily his comrades who were in critical straits, to expose himself constantly to withering enemy fire, and his refusal to be stopped despite numerous severe wounds, saved the lives of at least eight men. He loaded the wounded into 2 separate evac helicopters because the first one was shot down. He pulled them out of the wreckage and loaded them onto a second helicopter.

After the battle, he was evacuated to the base camp, examined, and thought to be dead. As he was placed in a body bag among the other dead in body bags, he was suddenly recognized by a friend who called for help. A doctor came and examined him but believed Benavidez was dead. The doctor was about to zip up the body bag when Benavidez managed to spit in his face, alerting the doctor that he was alive. Benavidez had a total of 37 separate bullet, bayonet, and shrapnel wounds from the six-hour fight.” For his actions, he received the Medal of Honor.

Fort Winters (Replacing Fort Bragg)

Named after MAJ Richard “Dick” Winters. He was popularized by HBO miniseries Band of Brothers. D-Day paratrooper from the 82nd Airborne Division, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his leadership at Brecourt Manor where he and his 12 men took out a battery or German 105 MM Howitzers protected by over 50 Germans.

Fort Rubin (Replacing Fort A.P. Hill)

Named after CPL Tibor Rubin, a Hungarian Jew, who survived the Mauthausen Concentration Camp in WWII. He was so grateful to the Americans who liberated him, he enlisted in the US Army and fought in the Korean War. During one mission, according to the testimonies of his comrades, Rubin secured a needed route of retreat for his rifle company by single-handedly defending a hill for 24 hours against waves of North Korean soldiers. For this and other acts of bravery, Rubin was recommended four times for the Medal of Honor by two of his commanding officers. Rubin, severely wounded, was captured and spent the next 30 months in a Chinese POW camp.

Faced with constant hunger, filth, and disease, most of the GIs simply gave up. "No one wanted to help anyone. Everybody was for himself", wrote Leo A. Cormier Jr., a former sergeant and POW. The exception was Rubin. Almost every evening, Rubin would sneak out of the prison camp to steal food from the Chinese and North Korean supply depots, knowing that he would be shot if caught. "He shared the food evenly among the GIs," Cormier wrote. "He also took care of us, nursed us, carried us to the latrine..., he did many good deeds, which he told us were mitzvahs in the Jewish tradition... he was a very religious Jew and helping his fellow men was the most important thing to him". The survivors of the prison war camp credited Rubin with keeping them alive and saving at least 40 American soldiers.

Fort MacArthur (Replacing Fort Benning)

Named after General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. One of only five men in US Military history to become a 5 star General. He fought in WW1, WW2, and the Korean War. He earned the Medal of Honor for his actions in the Phillippines. MacArthur is most famous for leading the United States to victory in the Pacific theater of World War II. Camp MacArthur (Texas) and Fort MacArthur (California) are named after his father, 3 Star General Arthur MacArthur.

Fort Crandall (Replacing Fort Rucker where Evac pilots are trained)

Named after Lieutenant Colonel Bruce Perry Crandall who received the MOH for his actions as a pilot during the Battle of Ia Drang on November 14, 1965, in South Vietnam. During the battle, he flew 22 missions in an unarmed helicopter into enemy fire to evacuate more than 70 wounded and bring ammunition and supplies to US forces. By the end of the Vietnam War, he had flown more than 900 combat missions.

Camp Sherman (replacing Camp Beauregard)
Named after William Tecumseh Sherman. He was the former superintendent to Louisiana State University. He is famous for his march of destruction through the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida. This will be a constant reminder to the South to remember their true heritage.

Men, Some Armed With Guns or Bats, Surround South Philly Columbus Statue

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/men-some-armed-with-guns-or-bats-surround-south-philly-columbus-statue/2433099/

Some argue Christopher Columbus should not be revered due to his brutality against indigenous people in the Americas

By Rudy Chinchilla Published June 14, 2020 Updated on June 14, 2020 at 11:54 pm

22 hours ago, cccjwh said:

No I did not write this. But there are some good suggestions. But I agree with the author, we should name the bases after Americans.

Fort Carney (Replacing Fort Polk)

Named after SGT William Harvey Carney, who was the first African American to receive the Medal of Honor. On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.

Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued.

Carney lost a lot of blood and nearly lost his life, but not once did he allow the flag to touch the ground. Carney was promoted to the rank of sergeant for his actions.
For his bravery, Carney was awarded the Medal of Honor on May 23, 1900.

Fort Benevidez (Replacing Fort Hood)

Named after MSG Roy Benevidez. On May 2, 1968, a 12-man Special Forces patrol, was surrounded by a NVA infantry battalion of about 1,000 men. Benavidez heard the radio appeal for help and boarded a helicopter to respond. Armed only with a knife, he jumped from the helicopter carrying his medical bag and ran to help the trapped patrol. Benavidez "distinguished himself by a series of daring and extremely valorous actions... and because of his gallant choice to join voluntarily his comrades who were in critical straits, to expose himself constantly to withering enemy fire, and his refusal to be stopped despite numerous severe wounds, saved the lives of at least eight men. He loaded the wounded into 2 separate evac helicopters because the first one was shot down. He pulled them out of the wreckage and loaded them onto a second helicopter.

After the battle, he was evacuated to the base camp, examined, and thought to be dead. As he was placed in a body bag among the other dead in body bags, he was suddenly recognized by a friend who called for help. A doctor came and examined him but believed Benavidez was dead. The doctor was about to zip up the body bag when Benavidez managed to spit in his face, alerting the doctor that he was alive. Benavidez had a total of 37 separate bullet, bayonet, and shrapnel wounds from the six-hour fight.” For his actions, he received the Medal of Honor.

Fort Winters (Replacing Fort Bragg)

Named after MAJ Richard “Dick” Winters. He was popularized by HBO miniseries Band of Brothers. D-Day paratrooper from the 82nd Airborne Division, he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for his leadership at Brecourt Manor where he and his 12 men took out a battery or German 105 MM Howitzers protected by over 50 Germans.

Fort Rubin (Replacing Fort A.P. Hill)

Named after CPL Tibor Rubin, a Hungarian Jew, who survived the Mauthausen Concentration Camp in WWII. He was so grateful to the Americans who liberated him, he enlisted in the US Army and fought in the Korean War. During one mission, according to the testimonies of his comrades, Rubin secured a needed route of retreat for his rifle company by single-handedly defending a hill for 24 hours against waves of North Korean soldiers. For this and other acts of bravery, Rubin was recommended four times for the Medal of Honor by two of his commanding officers. Rubin, severely wounded, was captured and spent the next 30 months in a Chinese POW camp.

Faced with constant hunger, filth, and disease, most of the GIs simply gave up. "No one wanted to help anyone. Everybody was for himself", wrote Leo A. Cormier Jr., a former sergeant and POW. The exception was Rubin. Almost every evening, Rubin would sneak out of the prison camp to steal food from the Chinese and North Korean supply depots, knowing that he would be shot if caught. "He shared the food evenly among the GIs," Cormier wrote. "He also took care of us, nursed us, carried us to the latrine..., he did many good deeds, which he told us were mitzvahs in the Jewish tradition... he was a very religious Jew and helping his fellow men was the most important thing to him". The survivors of the prison war camp credited Rubin with keeping them alive and saving at least 40 American soldiers.

Fort MacArthur (Replacing Fort Benning)

Named after General of the Army Douglas MacArthur. One of only five men in US Military history to become a 5 star General. He fought in WW1, WW2, and the Korean War. He earned the Medal of Honor for his actions in the Phillippines. MacArthur is most famous for leading the United States to victory in the Pacific theater of World War II. Camp MacArthur (Texas) and Fort MacArthur (California) are named after his father, 3 Star General Arthur MacArthur.

Fort Crandall (Replacing Fort Rucker where Evac pilots are trained)

Named after Lieutenant Colonel Bruce Perry Crandall who received the MOH for his actions as a pilot during the Battle of Ia Drang on November 14, 1965, in South Vietnam. During the battle, he flew 22 missions in an unarmed helicopter into enemy fire to evacuate more than 70 wounded and bring ammunition and supplies to US forces. By the end of the Vietnam War, he had flown more than 900 combat missions.

Camp Sherman (replacing Camp Beauregard)
Named after William Tecumseh Sherman. He was the former superintendent to Louisiana State University. He is famous for his march of destruction through the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida. This will be a constant reminder to the South to remember their true heritage.

image.png.2d0646037f8a78f6e6ec6fc02f12d8f2.png

• 2 weeks later...

no, he wouldn't, that bill just wouldn't be law. They'll do another bill, it will

not hurt the military.

idiots abound on the left like fleas on a camel.

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, he wouldn't, that bill just wouldn't be law. They'll do another bill, it will

not hurt the military.

idiots abound on the left like fleas on a camel.

Vetoing a bill the finances the military would not hurt the military? Makes total sense baby cow.🤨

23 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Vetoing a bill the finances the military would not hurt the military? Makes total sense baby cow.🤨

the bill doesn't mean they won't be funded. It will be another bill. You aren't smart enough to be a smart ass.

even woodpecker is that smart, loser.

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the bill doesn't mean they won't be funded. It will be another bill. You aren't smart enough to be a smart ass.

even woodpecker is that smart, loser.

And it won't be your king's fault if another bill doesn't get passed. Because nothing is your messiah's fault. 

correct. the House creates legislation. if your marxistacrats want to pass a legit bill, they will create one.

the House makes a bad bill, it's on them. Go back to screwell and learn something.

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

correct. the House creates legislation. if your marxistacrats want to pass a legit bill, they will create one.

the House makes a bad bill, it's on them. Go back to screwell and learn something.

The names of traitors on the US bases are more important to you than getting funding for our military. Good to know. I'm sure it the same for your king. 

2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Why would I be okay with that?  I would be fucking myself.  He won't ever fuck over the troops.  He supports the troops.  Unlike Obummer.

How is him vetoing the military annual funding bill helping the troops?