THE BROWNS BOARD

Been a hard month for the Confederate States of America

cccjwh

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

You do realize it was the Democrats who wanted to keep slavery right they created the KKK, it was the Republicans that fought to end slavery...the real reason they want history erased.

yep. triple c got triple corrected !

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Same as for George Floyd these people need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and everyone involved needs to be charged as an accomplice.

18 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Same as for George Floyd these people need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and everyone involved needs to be charged as an accomplice.

Here's a more likely scenario:

Kid sues the city because he got hurt on public property and claims if the cops were doing their job this never would have happened. 

We now live in a place where the government is expected to protect us from ourselves.  And considering the statue was confederate, it might be a hate crime depending on.....well you know.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Democrat leader...but statues are offensive.

index.jpg

And that was obviously a joke and I doubt anybody was offended or took it as anything other than a joke when it happened. It's only recently that the left has gone insane.

Same deal with the Battle Flag. Same deal with the Civil War memorials. We are truly allowing the inmates to run the asylum. Even the Hillary and Biden supporters should be able to see that.

WSS

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Democrat leader...but statues are offensive.

index.jpg

The statues are honoring traitors the United States, there is no reason they should still be there. But please continue to cry about your hero's monuments being removed. I know you snowflakes really can't stand change. 

Adding to that absurdity is that this lot of Confederate commanders were, as retired U.S. Army General and former CIA director David Petraeus wrote in the Atlantic, “undistinguished, if not incompetent, battlefield commanders.” Ambrose Powell Hill Jr., for whom Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia is named, seems best known for a case of gonorrhea he contracted during a furlough at the U.S. Military Academy. George Pickett, for whom Fort Pickett in Virginia is named, was accused of cowardice at a pivotal battle at Gettysburg and fled to Canada to avoid a war crimes prosecution for summarily executing 22 Union soldiers at the end of the war.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-wont-remove-confederate-names-from-military-bases-so-congress-and-the-pentagon-should/2020/06/11/920624a6-ac09-11ea-94d2-d7bc43b26bf9_story.html

Another bites the dust.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/12/876220211/jefferson-davis-statue-to-be-removed-from-kentucky-state-capitol?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

A Kentucky state commission voted on Friday to remove a statue of Jefferson Davis from the state Capitol's main rotunda.The statue of the former Confederate president, who was born in Kentucky, has stood in the rotunda for 84 years. The 11-1 vote by the state's Historic Properties Advisory Commission was requested last week by Gov. Andy Beshear, who said the statue should be moved elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

The statues are honoring traitors the United States, there is no reason they should still be there. But please continue to cry about your hero's monuments being removed. I know you snowflakes really can't stand change. 

index3.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Another bites the dust.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/12/876220211/jefferson-davis-statue-to-be-removed-from-kentucky-state-capitol?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

A Kentucky state commission voted on Friday to remove a statue of Jefferson Davis from the state Capitol's main rotunda.The statue of the former Confederate president, who was born in Kentucky, has stood in the rotunda for 84 years. The 11-1 vote by the state's Historic Properties Advisory Commission was requested last week by Gov. Andy Beshear, who said the statue should be moved elsewhere.

7f795692-a20b-48e4-a786-4fbd07a59545.jpg

7 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Meme envy. They kind of get to you because there is a lot of truth to them.  There is rarely a leftist generated meme that is not a lie or horribly misleading.

3 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Aren't you the one crying about confederate statues there snowflake?

Washington and Jefferson were not traitors but did own slaves. Should their statues and memorials be removed?

You know its coming. How's that for change? I suspect you'd most likely be all in, otherwise it would put you on the side of conservatives.

https://www.larryelder.com/column/slavery-what-they-didnt-teach-in-my-high-school/

Larry Elder |Posted: Jul 12, 2018

A man I have known since grade school changed his name, years ago, to an Arabic one. He told me he rejected Christianity as “the white man’s religion that justified slavery.” He argued Africans taken out of that continent were owed reparations. “From whom?” I asked.

Arab slavers took more Africans out of Africa and transported them to the Middle East and to South America than European slavers took out of Africa and brought to North America. Arab slavers began taking slaves out of Africa beginning in the ninth century — centuries before the European slave trade — and continued well after.

In “Prisons & Slavery,” John Dewar Gleissner writes: “The Arabs’ treatment of black Africans can aptly be termed an African Holocaust. Arabs killed more Africans in transit, especially when crossing the Sahara Desert, than Europeans and Americans, and over more centuries, both before and after the years of the Atlantic slave trade. Arab Muslims began extracting millions of black African slaves centuries before Christian nations did. Arab slave traders removed slaves from Africa for about 13 centuries, compared to three centuries of the Atlantic slave trade. African slaves transported by Arabs across the Sahara Desert died more often than slaves making the Middle Passage to the New World by ship. Slaves invariably died within five years if they worked in the Ottoman Empire’s Sahara salt mines.”

My name-changing friend did not know that slavery occurred on every continent except Antarctica. Europeans enslaved other Europeans. Asians enslaved Asians. Africans enslaved other Africans. Arabs enslaved other Arabs. Native Americans even enslaved other Native Americans.

He accused me of “relying on white historians” who, he insisted, had a “vested interest to lie.”

What about Thomas Sowell, the brilliant economist/historian/philosopher, who happens to be black? Sowell writes: “Of all the tragic facts about the history of slavery, the most astonishing to an American today is that, although slavery was a worldwide institution for thousands of years, nowhere in the world was slavery a controversial issue prior to the 18th century.

“People of every race and color were enslaved — and enslaved others. White people were still being bought and sold as slaves in the Ottoman Empire, decades after American blacks were freed.”

Sowell also wrote: “The region of West Africa … was one of the great slave-trading regions of the continent — before, during, and after the white man arrived. It was the Africans who enslaved their fellow Africans, selling some of these slaves to Europeans or to Arabs and keeping others for themselves. Even at the peak of the Atlantic slave trade, Africans retained more slaves for themselves than they sent to the Western Hemisphere. … Arabs were the leading slave raiders in East Africa, ranging over an area larger than all of Europe.”

I asked my friend if his anger over slavery extended to countries like Brazil. “Brazil?” he said.

Harvard’s Department of African and African American Studies professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. — who also happens to be black — wrote: “Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America. And how many of these 10.7 million Africans were shipped directly to North America? Only about 388,000. That’s right: a tiny percentage. In fact, the overwhelming percentage of the African slaves were shipped directly to the Caribbean and South America; Brazil received 4.86 million Africans alone!”

African tribes who captured other tribes sold them into slavery. For this reason, in 2006, Ghana offered an official apology. Emmanuel Hagan, director of research and statistics at Ghana’s Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations, explains: “The reason why we wanted to do some formal thing is that we want — even if it’s just for the surface of it, for the cosmetic of it — to be seen to be saying ‘sorry’ to those who feel very strongly and who we believe have distorted history, because they get the impression that it was people here who just took them and sold them. It’s something we have to look straight in the face and try to address, because it exists. So we will want to say something went wrong. People made mistakes, but we are sorry for whatever happened.”

Over 600,000 Americans, in a country with less than 10 percent of today’s population, died in the Civil War that ended slavery. “While slavery was common to all civilizations,” writes Sowell, “…only one civilization developed a moral revulsion against it, very late in its history — Western civilization. … Not even the leading moralists in other civilizations rejected slavery at all.”

And, no, after all this, my friend did not reconsider his name change.

Armed Antifa group declares “Everywhere a battlefield”

The Austin based extremist group, Red Guards Austin, has been gaining prominence in the Texas antifa movement. They are a self described autonomous Marxist-Leninist-Maoist collective and their website contains multiple reports on their confrontational and often armed demonstrations.

image.png.84bd8b38eecc8b1dc4cd218baec44c8c.png

On 6/10/2020 at 3:47 PM, MLD Woody said:

This is exactly the point that many posters here will refuse to or be unable to understand. No one is saying we forget our history, but that's what libraries and museums are for. We don't need statues glorifying a nation/faction we went to war with as they fought to keep slavery. 

The history is it wasn't over slavery.  It was over states rights.

Honest Abe didn't give a damn about the Negro.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

The history is it wasn't over slavery.  It was over states rights.

Honest Abe didn't give a damn about the Negro.

until later on in life, it wasn't what the started the civil war .

4 hours ago, Vambo said:

Armed Antifa group declares “Everywhere a battlefield”

The Austin based extremist group, Red Guards Austin, has been gaining prominence in the Texas antifa movement. They are a self described autonomous Marxist-Leninist-Maoist collective and their website contains multiple reports on their confrontational and often armed demonstrations.

and for years I've brought up marxism - it's no longer a distant surmised ulterior motive, it's right there for all to see. It's a subculture that wants total dominance out of hate, which can't happen under Real America.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/us-forces-korea-bans-display-of-confederate-flag-in-on-base-public-areas-1.633782

USFK commander Gen. Robert Abrams said the flag, which generally has a red or blue field with two blue or red diagonal lines and white stars, may not be displayed in workplaces, common-access areas and public areas, including clothing and bumper stickers, on its installations.

“The Confederate Battle Flag does not represent the values of U.S. Forces assigned to serve” in South Korea, Abrams said in a memo dated Monday. “While I acknowledge some might view it as a symbol of regional pride, many others in our force see it as a painful reminder of hate, bigotry, treason and devaluation of humanity.”

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/us-forces-korea-bans-display-of-confederate-flag-in-on-base-public-areas-1.633782

USFK commander Gen. Robert Abrams said the flag, which generally has a red or blue field with two blue or red diagonal lines and white stars, may not be displayed in workplaces, common-access areas and public areas, including clothing and bumper stickers, on its installations.

“The Confederate Battle Flag does not represent the values of U.S. Forces assigned to serve” in South Korea, Abrams said in a memo dated Monday. “While I acknowledge some might view it as a symbol of regional pride, many others in our force see it as a painful reminder of hate, bigotry, treason and devaluation of humanity.”

I've got a battle flag on my bumper and go to Wright Patterson AFB shopping once every few months.  Since I'm retired they can't do a fucking thing to me.😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1