THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson the Author

Ibleedbrown

I don't think Hue will ever understand something as simple as   "adjust to the new coaching world" Players & Staff.. 

1) I don't think ya can coach a guy like Mayfield, as "not being given a chance of starting over a QB of the likes of Tyrod Taylor talent... reported..Baker saw no snaps with the 1"s..I could tell in hard knocks, Baker gave Hue the same staring sideline look👀... not caring about what time #5 showed up to get those reps that Baker already knew he would never see...

2) Hard knocks again.. today's head coaches, don't crown themselves as 'on top of the hill'.. Than use that throne, to talk down to his own hired coaching staff members that were in the right of "Ya can't coach players that aren't there"..I can't see Huejax ever leading another staff...        

3) HueJax stood on a practice field waiting to coach Kap-her-slick in some 'on field QB drills' for a nfl job interview...Kap chose his own arena of choice without Hue & many others...  So now's the time Hue should think about handing out some Kap plugs over the radio air?   

Morticia found The Ghoolie fan section of his book... 2U4B.gif    2xjK.gif     

6 hours ago, Orion said:

The Quarterback Bungler,  by Hue Jackson

I'm not slamming the guy for being an inept head coach (how many can be a successful NFL head coach?) but I am ripping him for being fake and letting power go to his head. Watch "Hard Knocks." I'm sure most of you have. Hue is fake. Head coaches take arrows, even after 1 loss. (Imagine after 1-31. As I type that, it doesn't seem possible.) He's bull jive. 

• Upvote 2

Everything said so far is pretty much on the money.

He left Cleveland with a nice bankroll and memories of the 1-31 era forever in our BROWNS and NFL history.  "Worst ever".  Thanks for nothing hue.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

How I Made Millions From Nothing----by Hue Jackson

And the sequel how I make millions unhappy....by H. Jackson

........preface:.  Jackson's 3–36–1 record over two-and-a-half seasons with the Browns (winning percentage 8.8%) is the worst record that a head coach has recorded while presiding over an NFL team for at least 40 games.

The twitter verse on this one has gone epic 😂...

Most think writer Mike Silver will actually write the book with Hue...so most are Not sure if it will be found in your Fiction or Non-Fiction section?

The Books Title has some classic titles, but am liking...       4 Scores and 3 Wins ago 🙃 

Book Chapters should include a) Chapter 4. We Lost Again  b.) I gotta go watch the Tape c) 0-16 was not my fault, I only drove the Bus over others.. d) Trust me on this one 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

The twitter verse on this one has gone epic 😂...

Most think writer Mike Silver will actually write the book with Hue...so most are Not sure if it will be found in your Fiction or Non-Fiction section?

The Books Title has some classic titles, but am liking...       4 Scores and 3 Wins ago 🙃 

Book Chapters should include a) Chapter 4. We Lost Again  b.) I gotta go watch the Tape c) 0-16 was not my fault, I only drove the Bus over others.. d) Trust me on this one 

Chapter 5: The art of selecting and  benching QBs

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And the sequel how I make millions unhappy....by H. Jackson

........preface:.  Jackson's 3–36–1 record over two-and-a-half seasons with the Browns (winning percentage 8.8%) is the worst record that a head coach has recorded while presiding over an NFL team for at least 40 games.

Well....his overall record as a HC....for ANY time in history...is the second worse ever record for any  NFL HC that coached over like a dozen games.   And the guy worse than him was  Bert Bell.....who, I guess, could not be fired...because he owned the team...the Eagles.   But actually even he fired himself....and got a guy in Greasy Neale who won 2 NFL titles. 

12 hours ago, Vambo said:

Hue Jackson Wanted Browns to Sign Colin Kaepernick in 2017: 'Wasn't My Decision'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895029-hue-jackson-wanted-browns-to-sign-colin-kaepernick-in-2017-wasnt-my-decision

is anybody surprised? hue blew.

• Thanks 1

Hue Jackson was a poor choice to be a head coach for a young team that was in full tank mode. I'm being nice by saying poor.

But continuing to run out his record as proof of this makes zero sense. He was bad because he was bad. 

Anyone put in his position, especially in 2016 and 2017, would have put up a record-setting horrible win-loss record. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone put in his position, especially in 2016 and 2017, would have put up a record-setting horrible win-loss record. 

Yup.  A terribly managed organization.  But with Hue's total ineptness at managing the QB position, and equal ineptness at in game decisions, he was the perfect HC if you were trying to tank.  -  1st and goal on the Steeler ONE yard line, in OT, and we lose the game  -

23 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yup.  A terribly managed organization.  But with Hue's total ineptness at managing the QB position, and equal ineptness at in game decisions, he was the perfect HC if you were trying to tank.  -  1st and goal on the Steeler ONE yard line, in OT, and we lose the game  -

Absolutely... I can't think of a better guy to hire if your plan was to guarantee two #1 picks in a row. 

I'll never say he had an easy position, but he didn't make his players better and ended up throwing people under the bus even after becoming the worst coach ever. 

Proof being that when he finally got fired, the same seaaon with the same roster we ended up performing much better. 

• Like 1

I’m upset he didn’t get to coach a playoff caliber team.  He’s posturing himself in way that makes it seem he’s been more of guy just put in the wrong spots.

He’s upset me a little over the past couple years by shifting blame when it should sit squarely on him.  He’s shown very little accountability and I have to wonder if his best performance will be someday convincing another general manager and owner that he should have another shot 

11 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m upset he didn’t get to coach a playoff caliber team.  He’s posturing himself in way that makes it seem he’s been more of guy just put in the wrong spots.

He’s upset me a little over the past couple years by shifting blame when it should sit squarely on him.  He’s shown very little accountability and I have to wonder if his best performance will be someday convincing another general manager and owner that he should have another shot 

Fuck him.  Why do we need to expend one single cyberbyte on his sorry ass?

(is cyberbyte a thing....or did I just make that up?)

On 6/7/2020 at 9:48 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Hue Jackson was a poor choice to be a head coach for a young team that was in full tank mode. I'm being nice by saying poor.

But continuing to run out his record as proof of this makes zero sense. He was bad because he was bad. 

Hindsight is funny in that regard. The only thing I like to point out is that Hue was considered at the time a top 2-3 candidate for a HC gig across the NFL. In fact, most major organizations lauded the Browns for finally being able to snag an "in demand" coach.

That said, he obviously overtly failed in the one thing he made his mark on in the league in being able to evaluate, and play, QB talent. I told anyone who'd listen what a God awful mistake Kizer was going to be, and then his "trust me" guy of Kessler as the back-up? That's on Hue BIG time. So honestly, he does deserve to have that record thrown in his face. Not even Don Shula would have won more than 7-8 games with those rosters, but the most important position was his to mold and he beyond fucked it up 2 years in a row.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Hindsight is funny in that regard. The only thing I like to point out is that Hue was considered at the time a top 2-3 candidate for a HC gig across the NFL. In fact, most major organizations lauded the Browns for finally being able to snag an "in demand" coach.

That said, he obviously overtly failed in the one thing he made his mark on in the league in being able to evaluate, and play, QB talent. I told anyone who'd listen what a God awful mistake Kizer was going to be, and then his "trust me" guy of Kessler as the back-up? That's on Hue BIG time. So honestly, he does deserve to have that record thrown in his face. Not even Don Shula would have won more than 7-8 games with those rosters, but the most important position was his to mold and he beyond fucked it up 2 years in a row.

I admit, I liked the hiring of Hue. 

Hue was on 92 The Fan today.  I guess he's got a book coming out in January that will explain everything.  

He pretty much said that he had no say in who was being drafted or who wouldn't be resigned.  -  The 'committee' set up was touted as all of them having an equal voice and that, if needed, Sashi would make the final decision.  I remember saying many times that Hue's would be 'a voice in the wilderness' that would basically be ignored. 

Man, we've had some of the most terrible front office / coaching tandems in the history of football.  Seemed like non of 'em ever got along.  And, of course, it all stems from the top - Jimmy.  Hopefully, the blind squirrel found a couple of acorns this time.