THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Saturday

The Gipper

Here is this week's Survey.    Give your answers or opinions:

1.  Do you think that any current member of the Cleveland Browns has a decent chance to make the Hall of Fame, just based on how they have done so far in their careers?

2.  Several parter based on current situation:

A. Texas apparently is saying they will allow their sporting venues to be occupied by fans, but only up to 25% capacity.   What say you if that were to apply to NFL games...at first, or for the entire season if necessary.

B. Another option is that the league play with no fans.  Melvin Gordon of the LA Chargers says, essentially:  "that helps us,  we have been playing games without any of our fans in attendance anyway".    What do you make of his comments?

C.  I am hearing another possibility is that if the games are played with no fans, that the league might consider  "pumping in"  artificial crowd noise.  What do you think of that horrendously bad idea?    (oh...I am sorry...I didn't mean to prejudice any of your opinions)

3. Which  NFL backup QB  do you think could end up stealing a job from the current starter,  or at least play the most games this coming year?

4. OK, I have a wife, and 4 sisters.  We had a very small party last night  (under 10 people)  for my one sister's 50th anniversary.   One thing that came up is that all 5 women at that party were talking about how "Hot"  the new Cleveland Browns new HC Kevin Stefanski is.  (and none of the 5 are particularly into football).   Have you gotten similar comments from any of your female family members or acquaintances?

1. Current Browns on the road to HOF? YBJY.gif     

2.Several partner based on current situation  A83.gif     

A. Texas apparently is saying they will allow their sporting venues to be occupied by fans, but only up to 25% capacity.   What say you if that were to apply to NFL games...at first, or for the entire season if necessary. 3Zg8.gif      

B. Another option is that the league play with no fans.  Melvin Gordon of the LA Chargers says, essentially:  "that helps us,  we have been playing games without any of our fans in attendance anyway".    What do you make of his comments? 13b3.gif      

C.  I am hearing another possibility is that if the games are played with no fans, that the league might consider  "pumping in"  artificial crowd noise.  What do you think of that horrendously bad idea?    (oh...I am sorry...I didn't mean to prejudice any of your opinions) 3yf4.gif  47Q1.gif                 

3. Which  NFL backup QB  do you think could end up stealing a job from the current starter,  or at least play the most games this coming year?  RDO9.gif   Camp Newton      

4. OK, I have a wife, and 4 sisters.  We had a very small party last night  (under 10 people)  for my one sister's 50th anniversary.   One thing that came up is that all 5 women at that party were talking about how "Hot"  the new Cleveland Browns new HC Kevin Stefanski is.  (and none of the 5 are particularly into football).   Have you gotten similar comments from any of your female family members or acquaintances? 

My wife would trade my rights for Luke Kuechly or Christian McCaffrey.. am licensed to carry both  3WB4.gif  OTFL.gif      

Now back to my John Candy movie Marathon 🍿

• Haha 1

1.  Do you think that any current member of the Cleveland Browns has a decent chance to make the Hall of Fame, just based on how they have done so far in their careers?

To reiterate John Candy:   No, not really. No.  But way way early for most of them. 

A. Texas apparently is saying they will allow their sporting venues to be occupied by fans, but only up to 25% capacity.   What say you if that were to apply to NFL games...at first, or for the entire season if necessary.

It would be better than nothing, assuming they can keep people safe. 

B. Another option is that the league play with no fans.  Melvin Gordon of the LA Chargers says, essentially:  "that helps us,  we have been playing games without any of our fans in attendance anyway".    What do you make of his comments?

I think he is absolutely right that that team played in front of few of their fans...because they have few fans.  Their  23K  seat stadium even had more fans in attendance of the opposing team than the Chargers.    Don't know really if it would help them over other teams to have no fans of their own. But...LA fans are fickle and flaky....they will come to games to see the Stadium.....and they will jump on a bandwagon if the Chargers would contend...but for now, no they won't be playing in front of Charger fans. 

C.  I am hearing another possibility is that if the games are played with no fans, that the league might consider  "pumping in"  artificial crowd noise.  What do you think of that horrendously bad idea?    (oh...I am sorry...I didn't mean to prejudice any of your opinions)

I think it is a horrendously bad idea.   (are you surprised by my answer?)

3. Which  NFL backup QB  do you think could end up stealing a job from the current starter,  or at least play the most games this coming year?

Joe Flacco could go back to starter if the Drew Lock experiment fails.   Who even is the starter in Chicago?  I guess Trubisky is for now, so there is a situation where Nick Foles could take over.   Does New England even have a starting QB?  Stidham, I guess.  He could be replaced. BB has had it so easy for like 20 years. Now he goes back to having QB issues.  Miami? Again, of Tua, Rosen, Fitzpatrick, who are they even going to start...let alone have at backup?   Can Rivers hold up in Indy...or will they have to go back to Brissett?    The Jaguars are in basically tank mode....and don't even have a starting QB....purposely waiting on Trevor Lawrence.   Whomever backs up in Carolina needs to be ready and Teddy Twatwater can be brittle.

Yes. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is this week's Survey.    Give your answers or opinions:

1. Myles Garrett. 

2. A. Can they just play??? I’m so sick of regular TV and Cable programming.  Bring it back.

B. He’s right.  They were bad in SD too.  Probably the biggest fair weather fans I’ve ever seen.  The soccer stadium they played in was a disaster too.

C. No fake noise please but again just bring back the game deal with details later.

3. Tua with the Phins by a mile.

4. HaHa.  Wife hasn’t made any comment at all but she’s got a crush on Giancarlo Stanton.  I don’t think Stefanski is her type.  

Chubb

I'm ok with it

that would be boring

Dumb.. It's fake.. we already have fake wrestling..

I think Nick Foles will steal Mitch Trubisky's job

No.. But I think his beard looks stupid and nasty.. Trim that fucker up!

Garrett, OBJ and Landry could do it, but long, long, long way to go and if anyone gets there it will probably be Myles.

OK

His comments are funny, the idea is bad.

Anything with no fans is a bad idea

Tua

No.

A  question  I have  is:   A couple of you answered Tua.   But..... should Tua really be considered the backup QB in Miami?   Or just the starting QB in waiting?   When you draft someone in the Top 5 overall...I think you would expect them to start,  even if they are not in there from Day One.   

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A  question  I have  is:   A couple of you answered Tua.   But..... should Tua really be considered the backup QB in Miami?   Or just the starting QB in waiting?   When you draft someone in the Top 5 overall...I think you would expect them to start,  even if they are not in there from Day One.   

Well he's the fucking backup right now, so we answered your question with the facts in front of us.

Z