THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker's latest

Icecube

4 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

the "real" test in that regard would be the absence of the stay at home orders and a usual throng of media to help build the hype. 

but Im with you - keep yer yaps shut and show it on the field   (Bud Grant endorsed)

Baker (and a lot of the team) totally took the wrong approach last year, but at least it seems like he learned from it. Every young player has things to learn, but it appears he has. If there is one thing the NFL will do to you is humble you, and he admits it has. I really like his direction now.  

4 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

the "real" test in that regard would be the absence of the stay at home orders and a usual throng of media to help build the hype. 

but Im with you - keep yer yaps shut and show it on the field   (Bud Grant endorsed)

With social media and the like, if Mayfield wanted to be "last year Baker" he easily could be. 

It's obvious he got rocked last year and learned from it, at least from the media perspective so far. This is a big prove it year for #6 and he seems to know it.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

With social media and the like, if Mayfield wanted to be "last year Baker" he easily could be. 

It's obvious he got rocked last year and learned from it, at least from the media perspective so far. This is a big prove it year for #6 and he seems to know it.

It's a huge year for him. So much riding on it. If he plays well, the world is his oyster. If not, they will start moving on finding his replacement. This is it. I'd say he'll be good if he tosses mid-20's TDs and only 10 picks. 

Baker basically learned the hard way on this but at least he learned. The real test will come after he lays a stinker and people come after him. I have a feeling he's on his way to being the QB we've wanted for so long, but he has to stay healthy again and he's got to figure out why he missed high so often. The truly good news is that our offense is about as QB friendly as it gets and we have a stout OL and RB. The table is definitely set. No excuses. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, FairHooker11 said:

heh heh heh.....fair hooker......i never knew a hooker to be fair.....he he he.......a don meredith moment....

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Baker basically learned the hard way on this but at least he learned. The real test will come after he lays a stinker and people come after him. I have a feeling he's on his way to being the QB we've wanted for so long, but he has to stay healthy again and he's got to figure out why he missed high so often. The truly good news is that our offense is about as QB friendly as it gets and we have a stout OL and RB. The table is definitely set. No excuses. 

The only legit excuse could be if the D is totally soft and inept and can't stop teams from rushing the ball down their throats. It's real hard to win if you can't stop the rush. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, Icecube said:

It's a huge year for him. So much riding on it. If he plays well, the world is his oyster. If not, they will start moving on finding his replacement. This is it. I'd say he'll be good if he tosses mid-20's TDs and only 10 picks. 

I think they already made the move to get his replacement if he plays poorly.  A team can win with Keenum.  I think Baker knows that.

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I think they already made the move to get his replacement if he plays poorly.  A team can win with Keenum.  I think Baker knows that.

I expect his ints to be down and TDs to be up. But they could win without Baker tossing a lot of TDs, but he MUST cut down turnovers to give them a shot at a winning record. 

• Upvote 1

This Browns 1st round pick had his best season in his 3rd NFL season.. He also thought Dorsey should have drafted Sam Darnold & Bradley Chubb...

https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/06/brady-quinn-baker-mayfield-will-be-a-top-10-qb-in-2020-and-playoffs-this-year-baby.html    

Mayfield's  a) 4th new HC  b) 3rd new OL, with scheme changes and key personal changes that no one as seen taking a snap, including Bill Callahan.. c)  WR1 & WR2, are both coming back from off-season surgery?  

Welcome to 🏈 hype in June...

• Confused 1

Doug Gottlieb and Joy Taylor were talking about Baker on "The Herd" this afternoon...the gist was that not only has Baker been all in for the QB meetings, etc. but he is also taking part (sitting in?) on other positional meetings as well. Is this yet another sign that Baker has grown up and is truly taking the mantle as team leader? I think so. 

One of my buddies said that Baker's success will be tied into how well they rush the ball this season, but I pointed out that they rushed the ball with effectiveness last year and they still didn't post a winning record so.................it takes more than a decent rushing game for the team to win. That was proven last year.  I think Baker will improve, with many factors contributing to it, but 1st and foremost, it will be his focus and seriousness that will contribute most, along with a legit coaching staff that isn't a grab @ss collection of clowns.

Anyone else think Joy is hot?

60+ Hot Pictures Of Joy Taylor Are Too Damn Appealing | Best Of ...

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why do you think she is on that show?

Do we get two guesses?

1. She knows sports.

2. Ahhh, umm.

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Anyone else think Joy is hot?

60+ Hot Pictures Of Joy Taylor Are Too Damn Appealing | Best Of ...

You kids put to much into Fake* body parts on women... Butt.. If I rubbed on Jennie Joy's toys for one of my 3 wishes

Is the hiring of Alex Van Pelt...

a) A Baker Mayfield hidden staff QB coach?

b.) to be determined, Offensive Play Caller? OC

c.) A un-shaven Freddie Kitchens look a like? fer chits & giggles 😳

d) all of the above 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...