THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas on the Titan games

Kvoethe

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Cool... except for... you know... The Titan Games...

You are talking about how Joe played his last game against the Titans, right? 

It was unexpected that a player with the record of most snaps on the field and 5 knee surgeries was sidelined for good with a huge triceps injury. 

Glad that he put the weight down, he looks awesome, though I saw a video of him stating that he won't run no more due to his knees (he swims instead). 

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

I watched this on TV. I am amazed at how trim some of these massive OLmen get after they retire. Joe is a winner, period.  

The same thing happened to Dave Puzzuoli.. He got skinny as a rail...

I did watch this live on TV also... when JT goes down banging double knees at 2:10 of video👀(ouch!)... I really thought he was not getting back up.. quite the badger finish...

I really liked season 1 of the Titan Games, and season 2 is just awesome. JT is an absolute beast of an athlete, and and even better dude. The obstacle designs are innovative and pretty gnarly and most of the contestants are likable........... except for that female USA Olympic boxer. I'm glad she got her loud mouth pounded. 

And yes, I have a man crush on The Rock.... but don't tell Ryan Reynolds. 

On 6/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, Icecube said:

I saw it was on again and didn't tune in or DVR it; too similar to American Gladiators. 

Not really...now Ultimate tag...that is horrible..

On 5/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, Icecube said:

I watched this on TV. I am amazed at how trim some of these massive OLmen get after they retire. Joe is a winner, period.  

Oh yes when they get off their 10,000+ calorie a day forced diets -with- an insane weightlifting and workout routines to maintain that 300-330 lb. required NFL OL shape.

Those that do not go on sensible diets after the NFL turn into 400 lb. blobs and don't live long.

It is amazing though, I remember watching JT on a few fishing shows and wondered if it was the same guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and on those reality shows, not really sports and not for me.  Kind of like mega roid wrasslin'.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes when they get off their 10,000+ calorie a day forced diets -with- an insane weightlifting and workout routines to maintain that 300-330 lb. required NFL OL shape.

Those that do not go on sensible diets after the NFL turn into 400 lb. blobs and don't live long.

It is amazing though, I remember watching JT on a few fishing shows and wondered if it was the same guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and on those reality shows, not really sports and not for me.  Kind of like mega roid wrasslin'.

I used to lift really heavy and ate accordingly. I was always madman hungry from lifting heavy and desired max mass. Then one day I realized that was not a good, long-term way to go. I now eat half of what I used to and my heart doesn't have to work so hard. These days it seems x OLmen get it more than ever. Joe gets it. And Faneca looks like a stiff wind could blow him away.

A weighty issue: NFL linemen must contend with post-football ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

I used to lift really heavy and ate accordingly. I was always madman hungry from lifting heavy and desired max mass. Then one day I realized that was not a good, long-term way to go. I now eat half of what I used to and my heart doesn't have to work so hard. These days it seems x OLmen get it more than ever. Joe gets it. And Faneca looks like a stiff wind could blow him away.

OMG Faneca looks like a high school math teacher.   :lol:

But good for him better to be in smart shape than try to look like the Hulk.

I got into lifting big time when I was a sophomore in high school and out for football in a really good football school.  We logged in every day weighing ourselves in on the big Toledo scale before and after each workout. After June 1 we were allowed NO sweets.  We had required times to meet on running the mile.  We also had 40 times and the 100 yard  dash times.

I really put on good muscle mass in the first year and steady improvements the next two,  I put on about 49 lbs. in two plus years.

I kept lifting the rest of my life but cut way back on the muscle building targets, more just keeping toned up.

two of my best friends are our two dogs Named ..Thomas & Mack 🐕... Mack turns 10 years old this 🎂Sunday...my daughter will bring Mack's brother L U K E ! over for a party on the pond on Sunday.. yeah! A whole family of Panther backers along with the wife.. Now where did I put Thomas's lake deflated Brady football? 🏈 

https://nfl.com/news/myles-garrett-alex-mack-lead-joe-thomas-top-five-nfl-teammates        

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

two of my best friends are our two dogs Named ..Thomas & Mack 🐕... Mack turns 10 years old this 🎂Sunday...my daughter will bring Mack's brother L U K E ! over for a party on the pond on Sunday.. yeah! A whole family of Panther backers along with the wife.. Now where did I put Thomas's lake deflated Brady football? 🏈 

https://nfl.com/news/myles-garrett-alex-mack-lead-joe-thomas-top-five-nfl-teammates        

Uh,   well, you do know that there was a HOF  football player  named  Thomas Mack. 

He is from Cleveland.  Cleveland Hts.  HS.   Played for FMU.    Played his entire career with the Rams. 

• Like 1