THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns to auction off play-calling duties to benefit coronavirus relief

tiamat63

Bonus points if you get the reference from the thread title.  Too much CoVid talk - let us get back to football.

The Brownies are having a 2 type contest to allow fans a shot at helping script the first 15 plays of our opening pre-season game.    So I'll make this easy, give me your first 15.  Ideally that's about 2 drives dependent on field position. 

Go into some detail as well. No, not "run, run, pass" or "Chubb right, play action". Give us an idea on formation, personnel, concept and what you're looking to exploit with tendency, down and distance.   Really challenge ourselves here. You can link pics, plays, videos, etc etc. I just ask you relate them to the Browns personnel re: execution if you do so.    

Keep in mind, first opponent is Da Bears and how their defense looks sans Fangio will be somewhat up in the air.  

I'll have mine later when I finish up all this damn paperwork and laundry.

Aaaaaaaaaand Go! 

1. Just a Jump Pass to the Left.

2. Then a run to the right.....Chubb

3. Another run to the right.....Hunt

4. Another run to the right...Chubb

5. Another run to the right ....Chubb   (Conklin on fire) 

6. Play action fake off the hip...to the slot ...Landry

7.  Squeeze the hips in tight  (QB sneak for 1st down)

8. Pass to the Pelvis of OBJ

9. Handoff to the pelvis of the RB, (up the gut)...Chubb

10. Swivel pass to the slot  Landry

11. Jump pass   to TE Hooper

12. Jump pass to TE ....Njoku .take us down to the one

13. Sneak into the end zone...Baker

14. Fall to the ground in celebration

15. Let's Do it again.

One drive...uses like  12 minutes on the clock, before the other team gets the ball. 

I’ll tell you want I’m not going to do.  No empty back sets.

Im going to do a Two TE package against that Bears 3-4 Defense.   I want to try Chubb early on some stretch runs and then slip the TEs out on a play action. I’m going to overload a zone make the defense account for OBJ, Hooper and Njoku. 

One Razzle Dazzle play off a Nick Chubb play action if it’s working and it should I’m bringing back an end around to Landry and I want to see him throw it deep to OBJ

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:

10. Swivel pass to the slot  Landry

15. Let's * not* Do this again.

Your requested play calling application had to be sent to the dumpster fire out back upon this request 🤗

First I have to review an awful lot of Minn. tape to see just how he runs this offense. Gimme a few weeks. Got too much bicycling to do first (new tires & tubes). Just took it for a 20 mile spin yesterday. Ain't gonna get no racquetball back any time soon. They say even when they open back up you have to play yourself alone. I'd rather keep herding the cats away from the woods out back twice a day than spend 15 minutes practicing shots for no opponents.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

First I have to review an awful lot of Minn. tape to see just how he runs this offense. Gimme a few weeks. Got too much bicycling to do first (new tires & tubes). Just took it for a 20 mile spin yesterday. Ain't gonna get no racquetball back any time soon. They say even when they open back up you have to play yourself alone. I'd rather keep herding the cats away from the woods out back twice a day than spend 15 minutes practicing shots for no opponents.

Yeah, I didn't appreciate (forgot) how many hours it takes to do a script.   

I've been at it for a couple hours last night and this morning.   I'm 4 plays in.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I've been at it for a couple hours last night and this morning.   I'm 4 plays in.  

And this is a totally new offense for the Browns. Any good tips on where to find the details would be most appreciated. I really like the fact it is kind of old school run first mentality. Keep it away from the opponent on the surface seems like the real intent. 3 yards and a cloud of dust? I'm a willing student at this point.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And this is a totally new offense for the Browns. Any good tips on where to find the details would be most appreciated. I really like the fact it is kind of old school run first mentality. Keep it away from the opponent on the surface seems like the real intent. 3 yards and a cloud of dust? I'm a willing student at this point.

NFL.com...  Film archive.  Free for the month.  Coach Stef loves his OZ as his base run call, but given the strengths of Chicago's personnel on defense.  My call sheet so far has been to stay away from perimeter runs and misdirection. The Bears eat those alive.            The OZ is to setup the boot action and vice versa. The runs are designed to maximize lanes, cutback efficiency, create pursuit issues and to tire out the bigs on the other side.    It's a system with deep history, look no further than the edler Shanahan.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

lol...

In 20 minutes I almost completed my first call... but in my defense I had 3 different audibles.

At least I figure the 2nd series should get easier when the 1s sit.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

. but in my defense I had 3 different audibles.

Jesus H Fuck.

I'm going with the given call and the check or kill.     I think you've got me beat.

Trying to enjoy the weather with my laptop while crafting up plays before the BBQ starts.  

12 minutes ago, ATOM said:

madden had a lot of play action and Mayfield hitting Higgins for a TD on a corner route to take a 6 -0 lead over the ravens 

Haven't played madden in a good bit but had the chance to play a quick game at a friends house last night while the food was going.  

Updated rosters were a bitch and dear god is Dalvin Cook sloooooooow as all hell for some reason.

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Haven't played madden in a good bit but had the chance to play a quick game at a friends house last night while the food was going.  

Updated rosters were a bitch and dear god is Dalvin Cook sloooooooow as all hell for some reason.

and for what ever reason madden still had fat freddie as the coach 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now I understand why coaches put in 20 hour days.

That or people make football out to be the equivalent to splitting the atom while finding Jimmy Hoffa's remains AND the elusive G-Spot. 😁

There's a G-spot?💃😋

• Haha 2

It’s the Bears here.  So you have to deal with Khalil Mack.   You probably need to establish the run maybe get creative a little with a run call too.  You need to account for Mack on passing downs and I say you run ZBS right at him- I think he would hurt you more with backside pressure if you run away from him. The Bears have some fast LBs Smith, Quinn, Mack, Trevathon. I like Eddie Jackson at Safety too.  You need to keep this group off balanced.  They are going to fly to the ball maybe they get a tad too aggressive at times 

I like our matchup with Kyle Fuller, Artie Burns and Skrine on OBJ, Landry and maybe mismatched on our TEs in the red zone.  I may test them early and often.    

I had half a MF page typed up on the quick reply, then my computer locked up and didn't save a damn bit of it.  I AM PISSED.

So I'm going to put together a play call sheet of language I'm familiar with and just go into my own detail after I've typed it out.