THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Sunday Ticket Max

Orion

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Anyone else getting it free this year?      -  got a flyer today from direct tv - 

DirecTV guy for a decade and then AT&T took over.  I cut the cord and I stream the games.

AT&T is an utter disaster in all aspects of their business 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

DirecTV guy for a decade and then AT&T took over.  I cut the cord and I stream the games.

You won't get an argument from me.  We were about to cut the chord but now we have the grandkids during the day, so we've hung onto it for the cartoon channels (which give us a little quiet time).  They are 'thanking me' with Sunday Ticket (so the flyer says).

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Orion said:

You won't get an argument from me.  We were about to cut the chord but now we have the grandkids during the day, so we've hung onto it for the cartoon channels (which give us a little quiet time).  They are 'thanking me' with Sunday Ticket (so the flyer says).

You can get cartoons with the streaming options.

I have streaming device now that's pretty dang awesome.  

I used to spend a couple hours with their "retention department" each August to get what I wanted until last year it was pretty weak.  I had a couple other years where they promised more off the bill and didn't deliver.  Another year I paid for the Sunday Ticket App and week 1 the wife and I couldn't get both games (Browns and Giants at once) they only let  you have one on the App. It was great or so the first 6/7 years.  ATT convinced me to convert to ATT wireless and didn't tell me I had a weak signal and there is no fiber optics in our area (I live 15 miles outside of friggin San Diego).  So they sold me a booster box that did nothing and then TRIED to get me to pay a cancellation fee when the service was garbage and I wanted to leave.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

(I live 15 miles outside of friggin San Diego)

I get 1 bar on my AT&T iPhone and I'm 5.5 miles from downtown Providence RI (the capital).

I had Sunday Ticket for years.  I'd watch the Browns....then be so friggin' depressed that I didn't want to watch any more football.  When they traded Trent Richardson I called up and cancelled it.  I told them to let me know if they ever come out with a One Team Package.  Never got that call (obviously).    ** I didn't realize at the time how good a move that trade was **  I thought we were tanking....which essentially we did, since then and until Dorsey arrived.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Orion said:

I get 1 bar on my AT&T iPhone and I'm 5.5 miles from downtown Providence RI (the capital).

I had Sunday Ticket for years.  I'd watch the Browns....then be so friggin' depressed that I didn't want to watch any more football.  When they traded Trent Richardson I called up and cancelled it.  I told them to let me know if they ever come out with a One Team Package.  Never got that call (obviously).    ** I didn't realize at the time how good a move that trade was **  I thought we were tanking....which essentially we did, since then and until Dorsey arrived.

I hear you I’d call in each year for the NFL Ticket and get the proverbial Browns joke when I told them about why I wanted it. 

20 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yeah- said it before. I dumped my (it was doing quite well) Directv stock the minute I heard AT&T was taking over. Their business model is to take over profitable companies- and ruin them by being cheap. My pal that I have my season tickets with had AT&T because his brother in law used to be an AT&T vice president, and things got so bad- even he dumped them. Little wonder it takes forever to get a hold of a real person if you want to talk to D* now. When AT&T took over they fired thousands of CSRs.  You have a problem now, they have near minimum wage maroons looking for solutions off of computer screens. I had such a recurring problem a couple years ago one of the CSRs gave me the direct number for high level tech support (the guys who actually know something) I had to use it around a month ago regarding 4k tv, and thankfully it still worked.  

Regarding streaming- if it wasn't for the Browns, I'd long ago have dumped Direct- the bill is starting to get outlandish. (Another instance of AT&T charging as much as they think they can get away with). If I didn't share that bill with my wife, I probably already would have. For sure if I lived in Cleveland with every Browns game available. If you have an Amazon Prime account- you just go out and spend $40 bucks on a Firestick (we did as a supplement) and there's a ton of streaming stuff that's free. Or if you want to spend a few extra dollars every month, there's CBS All Access (every Star Trek episode), Disney+ (Star Wars and virtually the entire Disn'ey movie catalog) , or if you're into movies Netflix and Hulu.  

• Upvote 1

I've heard some bad stories about AT$T as a company and service related  problems.  My one brother had AT$T cell phone and always hated it, never could get service and had dropped calls from my house which was strange because we've always had Spring and never had a single drop.

BUT if it's your only or best shot at watching the BROWNS and NFL football then just do it.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

BUT if it's your only or best shot at watching the BROWNS and NFL football then just do it.

for over 3 hundy'$/yr. for 8 years, she should deliver my gameday beer 🍺  91p5.gif  at least once ;)     

• Haha 1

my wife would always complain about how much it costs.   then I explained that I would have to go to sports bar and hang out there all day.  drink, eat and look at the young waitress all day spending at least 50-70 dollars every Sunday to watch the browns.  16 Sundays add up.    she does not bitch anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

my wife would always complain about how much it costs.   then I explained that I would have to go to sports bar and hang out there all day.  drink, eat and look at the young waitress all day spending at least 50-70 dollars every Sunday to watch the browns.  16 Sundays add up.    she does not bitch anymore.

Wifey had a good laugh about that one. Since I won't be spending $450 this year on an annual dove hunt in Sept., think I will read this to her again when I order Sunday ticket. She laughed even harder when I read this part to her.👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

10 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I did the same and it's funny cause it is true

44 minutes ago, ATOM said:

Don't ever change your avatar man.  Five of us are finally getting together Sunday to make music in the singer's yard....and I'm bringing music for 'Heroes'.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orion said:

Don't ever change your avatar man.  Five of us are finally getting together Sunday to make music in the singer's yard....and I'm bringing music for 'Heroes'.  

Hey.  I just changed my avatar like 10 minutes ago.  What about the music represented by it? 

28 minutes ago, Orion said:

sounds like a cool evening 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hey.  I just changed my avatar like 10 minutes ago.  What about the music represented by it? 

I DID notice.  Best Rock N' Roll band ever.  (Goats Head Soup is my favorite)