THE BROWNS BOARD

hydroxychloroquine

Saturday, May 23

It’s not just that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t help Covid-19 patients. The drug makes them sicker. 

A comprehensive study published yesterday in the medical journal The Lancet found that seriously ill Covid-19 patients who were treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine were more likely to die or develop irregular heart rhythms.

"Our data has very convincingly shown that across the world in a real-world population that this drug combination, whichever way you slice it or dice it, does not show any evidence of benefit, and in fact is immutably showing a signal of grave harm," said Dr. Mandeep Mehra, the study’s lead author.

It’s not the first study to highlight the potentially harmful effects of the medication, but it is by far the largest. It analysed data from more than 96,000 patients across six continents.

The study comes just days after US President Donald Trump revealed that he has been taking the medication himself, despite the Food and Drug Administration’s stark 1,000-word warning about the risks. 

The World Health Organization has also warned against using hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19. But Trump does have one high-profile ally in promoting it: Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.

Sales of hydroxychloroquine have soared after Trump’s endorsements. That’s a problem for those who rely on the drug and who suddenly find themselves struggling to obtain it. Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat and prevent malaria and to treat auto-immune conditions such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Meanwhile, there was more disappointing news on potential Covid-19 coronavirus drugs yesterday. In the first major trial of remdesivir — the only approved Covid-19 specific drug — researchers found that it alone is not enough to help patients. The research showed the drug shortened the course of the illness, but was not a cure and it did not act quickly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Saturday, May 23

It’s not just that hydroxychloroquine doesn’t help Covid-19 patients. The drug makes them sicker. 

A comprehensive study published yesterday in the medical journal The Lancet found that seriously ill Covid-19 patients who were treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine were more likely to die or develop irregular heart rhythms.

"Our data has very convincingly shown that across the world in a real-world population that this drug combination, whichever way you slice it or dice it, does not show any evidence of benefit, and in fact is immutably showing a signal of grave harm," said Dr. Mandeep Mehra, the study’s lead author.

It’s not the first study to highlight the potentially harmful effects of the medication, but it is by far the largest. It analysed data from more than 96,000 patients across six continents.

The study comes just days after US President Donald Trump revealed that he has been taking the medication himself, despite the Food and Drug Administration’s stark 1,000-word warning about the risks. 

The World Health Organization has also warned against using hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19. But Trump does have one high-profile ally in promoting it: Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.

Sales of hydroxychloroquine have soared after Trump’s endorsements. That’s a problem for those who rely on the drug and who suddenly find themselves struggling to obtain it. Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat and prevent malaria and to treat auto-immune conditions such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

Meanwhile, there was more disappointing news on potential Covid-19 coronavirus drugs yesterday. In the first major trial of remdesivir — the only approved Covid-19 specific drug — researchers found that it alone is not enough to help patients. The research showed the drug shortened the course of the illness, but was not a cure and it did not act quickly.

Misleading. How do sales of hydroxy "soar" if it is a prescription drug?

This article aims at the ineffectiveness of hydrox in patients who are seriously ill with COVID.

Trump doesn't have COVID. He is taking it as a preventive measure. Obviously, the "soaring sales" must be attributed to those without COVID as well otherwise they'd be getting sicker. No?

From one of the links:

A large observational study published Friday found that seriously ill Covid-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were more likely to die or develop dangerous heart arrhythmias, and a study published earlier this month showed the medication did not help treat coronavirus and could cause cardiac arrest.

This article combines two different situations under the bad umbrella.

38 minutes ago, Axe said:

Why do you guys interact with this fucking tool?

Is his shtick not obvious?

He is the only one I've felt has a true Nazi mind set he thought people who didn't think as he should die of Covid-19.

13 minutes ago, Vambo said:

He is the only one I've felt has a true Nazi mind set he thought people who didn't think as he should die of Covid-19.

Dude, he's a troll.. ignore it and it will go away.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Gorka said:

Misleading. How do sales of hydroxy "soar" if it is a prescription drug?

This article aims at the ineffectiveness of hydrox in patients who are seriously ill with COVID.

Trump doesn't have COVID. He is taking it as a preventive measure. Obviously, the "soaring sales" must be attributed to those without COVID as well otherwise they'd be getting sicker. No?

From one of the links:

A large observational study published Friday found that seriously ill Covid-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were more likely to die or develop dangerous heart arrhythmias, and a study published earlier this month showed the medication did not help treat coronavirus and could cause cardiac arrest.

This article combines two different situations under the bad umbrella.

So if you don't like The Lancet article, it's time for more MAGA positive spin, read the bold and weep apologist. . Doubtless Trumpy will pay off a few quacks to publish BS to support him. So- President Lysol is taking it as a preventative- is he planning on travel to a malaria endemic area? Where's the  medical evidence to back hydroxy as a covid preventative? Mega doses of Vitamin C may be as effective. So where & why did he think hydroxy was such a great idea in the first place? Got any links? He wasted at least a month and tens of millions sending the medical community on a wild goose chase on one of his hunches. If this stuff had any significant benefits- you would already know it based on preliminary studies- like remdisivir. But he's still clinging to his BS. F**cking quack- he gutted the CDC, and now it's their fault he doesn't like their numbers? 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/15/856733300/replace-trump-and-bolster-the-cdc-a-leading-medical-journal-urges

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL

Depending on how much is taken and the physical condition of the individual, alcohol can cause:

• Slurred speech
  • Drowsiness
  • Vomiting 
  • Diarrhea
  • Upset stomach
  • Headaches
  • Breathing difficulties 
  • Distorted vision and hearing 
  • Impaired judgment 
  • Decreased perception and coordination 
  • Unconsciousness 
  • Anemia (loss of red blood cells) 
  • Coma
  • Blackouts (memory lapses, where the drinker cannot remember events that occurred while under the influence)

Long-term effects of alcohol

Binge drinking and continued alcohol use in large amounts are associated with many health problems, including:

• Unintentional injuries such as car crash, falls, burns, drowning 
  • Intentional injuries such as firearm injuries, sexual assault, domestic violence
  • Increased on-the-job injuries and loss of productivity 
  • Increased family problems, broken relationships 
  • Alcohol poisoning 
  • High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases 
  • Liver disease 
  • Nerve damage 
  • Sexual problems 
  • Permanent damage to the brain 
  • Vitamin B1 deficiency, which can lead to a disorder characterized by amnesia, apathy and disorientation 
  • Ulcers 
  • Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls) 
  • Malnutrition 
  • Cancer of the mouth and throat

2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL

Depending on how much is taken and the physical condition of the individual, alcohol can cause:

• Slurred speech
  • Drowsiness
  • Vomiting 
  • Diarrhea
  • Upset stomach
  • Headaches
  • Breathing difficulties 
  • Distorted vision and hearing 
  • Impaired judgment 
  • Decreased perception and coordination 
  • Unconsciousness 
  • Anemia (loss of red blood cells) 
  • Coma
  • Blackouts (memory lapses, where the drinker cannot remember events that occurred while under the influence)

Long-term effects of alcohol

Binge drinking and continued alcohol use in large amounts are associated with many health problems, including:

• Unintentional injuries such as car crash, falls, burns, drowning 
  • Intentional injuries such as firearm injuries, sexual assault, domestic violence
  • Increased on-the-job injuries and loss of productivity 
  • Increased family problems, broken relationships 
  • Alcohol poisoning 
  • High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases 
  • Liver disease 
  • Nerve damage 
  • Sexual problems 
  • Permanent damage to the brain 
  • Vitamin B1 deficiency, which can lead to a disorder characterized by amnesia, apathy and disorientation 
  • Ulcers 
  • Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls) 
  • Malnutrition 
  • Cancer of the mouth and throat

Aw, gee, is that you? you have to be drunk or on drugs to believe all of Trumps crap...  

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Aw, gee, is that you? you have to be drunk or on drugs to believe all of Trumps crap...  

Yet you can't help but caring about everything  he says or does! 🤣

The TDS is bad today...

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Vambo said:

The TDS is bad today...

That's correct indeed- you MAGAs would rather believe a blowhard with no medical background, instead of one of the most respected Medical Journals in the world. So who's deranged- it isn't me- you Trumptards are. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

That's correct indeed- you MAGAs would rather believe a blowhard with no medical background, instead of one of the most respected Medical Journals in the world. So who's deranged- it isn't me- you Trumptards are. 

You got it bad got it bad got it bad... TDS

index.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vambo said:

You got it bad got it bad got it bad... TDS

index.jpg

Yeah, that's the best you weak minded Trumptards can do anymore when confronted with actual facts. TDS or fake news- you're following a fake Quack President. You love this incoherent babbling?  He might be in my head, but you have your heads so far up his ass, you can't see or even think straight anymore... :D   

• Upvote 1

Chris Cuomo took ‘less safe version’ of hydroxychloroquine, McEnany says

https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/chris-cuomo-took-less-safe-version-of-hydroxychloroquine-mcenany/

“Cuomo mocked the president for this” but “it turns out that Chris Cuomo took a less safe version of it called quinine, which the FDA removed from the market in 2006 because it had serious side effects, including death. So really interesting to have that criticism of the president.”

000.jpg

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

So if you don't like The Lancet article, it's time for more MAGA

Doesn't have anything to do with the Lancet but I think you're becoming the tiniest bit obsessed with Maga. I mean come on Larry we've known die hard for a good many years and the shtick is pretty damned obvious isn't it?

As far as the Lancet I guess you can choose to be as frightened as you want but here's how I compare this with a lot of medical professionals who might be overly cautious for one reason or another.

Take your car to the dealer or a big expensive chain of repair shops and I'm sure he will find thousands of dollars worth of repairs. No doubt whatsoever that if your vehicle has 30,000 miles on it you could probably replace every part and there would be at least some benefit to each procedure. There are dangers everywhere not just from Coronavirus. Would you be safer if you never left your house for the rest of your life? Sure you would. Would you be safer if you never drove over 30 miles an hour or if you wore a crash helmet along with your safety harness in the car? The odds of getting shot on the beach are pretty slim but a Kevlar vest would add an extra layer of safety right?

WSS

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Doesn't have anything to do with the Lancet but I think you're becoming the tiniest bit obsessed with Maga. I mean come on Larry we've known die hard for a good many years and the shtick is pretty damned obvious isn't it?

As far as the Lancet I guess you can choose to be as frightened as you want but here's how I compare this with a lot of medical professionals who might be overly cautious for one reason or another.

Take your car to the dealer or a big expensive chain of repair shops and I'm sure he will find thousands of dollars worth of repairs. No doubt whatsoever that if your vehicle has 30,000 miles on it you could probably replace every part and there would be at least some benefit to each procedure. There are dangers everywhere not just from Coronavirus. Would you be safer if you never left your house for the rest of your life? Sure you would. Would you be safer if you never drove over 30 miles an hour or if you wore a crash helmet along with your safety harness in the car? The odds of getting shot on the beach are pretty slim but a Kevlar vest would add an extra layer of safety right?

WSS

No, I'm serious.  I was a previous Trump supporter.   But this is not any trolling or whatever.  I'm for anyone but Trump.  Take it as you like.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

So if you don't like The Lancet article, it's time for more MAGA positive spin, read the bold and weep apologist. . Doubtless Trumpy will pay off a few quacks to publish BS to support him. So- President Lysol is taking it as a preventative- is he planning on travel to a malaria endemic area? Where's the  medical evidence to back hydroxy as a covid preventative? Mega doses of Vitamin C may be as effective. So where & why did he think hydroxy was such a great idea in the first place? Got any links? He wasted at least a month and tens of millions sending the medical community on a wild goose chase on one of his hunches. If this stuff had any significant benefits- you would already know it based on preliminary studies- like remdisivir. But he's still clinging to his BS. F**cking quack- he gutted the CDC, and now it's their fault he doesn't like their numbers? 

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/15/856733300/replace-trump-and-bolster-the-cdc-a-leading-medical-journal-urges

You need to pipe down. My aim was not advocate it's use as a preventive.  My intent was only to point out that it was misleading in more ways than one. Do you agree it was misleading? Even slightly?

First off, two facts: Apparently hydrox can cause serious complications or death in people with advanced COVID..except CantonDawg. Trump doesn't have COVID.

Agree?

Rather than deflecting into a Trump hate tirade full of innuendo because of your TDS, show some composure and make a meaningful contribution to this discussion by explaining the questions I had posed:

How is there a shortage because of "booming sales" when hydrox is a prescription drug?

and...if there are "booming sales", wouldn't that suggest it is being taken as a preventive, and those people taking it are not dying or being harmed?

I presume we would know about it.

I honestly would like to know. You have much greater expertise in this area than me.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No, I'm serious.  I was a previous Trump supporter.   But this is not any trolling or whatever.  I'm for anyone but Trump.  Take it as you like.

Must have been the agreement you had with Hoorta for allowing you back on the board. Pussy.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

You need to pipe down. My aim was not advocate it's use as a preventive.  My intent was only to point out that it was misleading in more ways than one. Do you agree it was misleading? Even slightly?

First off, two facts: Apparently hydrox can cause serious complications or death in people with advanced COVID..except CantonDawg. Trump doesn't have COVID.

Agree?

Rather than deflecting into a Trump hate tirade full of innuendo because of your TDS, show some composure and make a meaningful contribution to this discussion by explaining the questions I had posed:

How is there a shortage because of "booming sales" when hydrox is a prescription drug?

and...if there are "booming sales", wouldn't that suggest it is being taken as a preventive, and those people taking it are not dying or being harmed?

I presume we would know about it.

I honestly would like to know. You have much greater expertise in this area than me.

LOL, you ever bother reading any of Trump's tweets if you want to talk about hate? BTW, I have some experience reading medical  journals, and I know exactly what the Lancet  article said. It's not what Trump wants to hear, so now he's  doubling down. 

Um, if there are "booming sales", who's responsible for causing them? Yeah, the stuff is generally safe in a healthy population when taken as a malaria  treatment\preventative.  

It's effectiveness to prevent covid is unknown, and for Trump to spout off he's taking it is massively irresponsible. Many think he's flat out lying- again. You can Google the flack he's taking for saying so. 

And it doesn't change the latest medical opinion his game changer wonder drug isn't his hoped for miracle. Just like him hoping the virus is "just going to go away." 

10 hours ago, Gorka said:

Must have been the agreement you had with Hoorta for allowing you back on the board. Pussy.

I am relatively certain that decision was the owner and Zombo. Larry can say otherwise. Some of us wanted him back on even if we disagreed with him on Trump at the time.

And no this is not a political comment, just the facts the best I know them to be.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I am relatively certain that decision was the owner and Zombo. Larry can say otherwise. Some of us wanted him back on even if we disagreed with him on Trump at the time.

And no this is not a political comment, just the facts the best I know them to be.

So you thought I was serious implying Hoorta let him back provided he turn into a Trump hater?

worf.gif

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, you ever bother reading any of Trump's tweets if you want to talk about hate? BTW, I have some experience reading medical  journals, and I know exactly what the Lancet  article said. It's not what Trump wants to hear, so now he's  doubling down. 

Um, if there are "booming sales", who's responsible for causing them? Yeah, the stuff is generally safe in a healthy population when taken as a malaria  treatment\preventative.  

It's effectiveness to prevent covid is unknown, and for Trump to spout off he's taking it is massively irresponsible. Many think he's flat out lying- again. You can Google the flack he's taking for saying so. 

And it doesn't change the latest medical opinion his game changer wonder drug isn't his hoped for miracle. Just like him hoping the virus is "just going to go away." 

Pretty much what I expected. Rather than answer simple questions, you deflect in all directions with Trump hate laced with innuendo. Never mind.