THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

Here is today's  Survey.   Give your  answers or opinions:

1. What one more move would you like to see the Browns make this offseason?

2. A. What will be the biggest factor to the Browns  success or failure this coming season?

B. What will the Browns have to do for you to consider this season to be a success?

3. A. If, If, If.....things are fairly normal and there are no restrictions on fans going to games.....would you plan on going to any Away games this year, or at least would you want to go to given the OK on everything.

B. What is the one  NFL stadium of another team that you would like to attend a game at?

4. This Sunday, they are going to play a  golf match:    Tom Brady and Phil Mickelson    vs.   Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods.   Would you plan on watching it?

5. Has the Corona Virus bullshit  messed up any of your travel plans so far?  If so, what?

•  

Have Haslams sell the team

2. A. What will be the biggest factor to the Browns  success or failure this coming season?

The bigger question is.. "Will there be a season"

B. What will the Browns have to do for you to consider this season to be a success?

Make the Playoffs and go deep..

3. A. If, If, If.....things are fairly normal and there are no restrictions on fans going to games.....would you plan on going to any Away games this year, or at least would you want to go to given the OK on everything.

Yes

B. What is the one  NFL stadium of another team that you would like to attend a game at?

Lambeau Field

4. This Sunday, they are going to play a  golf match:    Tom Brady and Phil Mickelson    vs.   Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods.   Would you plan on watching it?

Yes!

5. Has the Corona Virus bullshit  messed up any of your travel plans so far?  If so, what?

Yes.. My monthly visits to my friends and colleagues..

As far as personnel  is concerned....I still am most concerned about the run defense.   I guess I want to know that Billings and Clayborn and Goodson and Phillips are going to help.    I understand that  despite being somewhat a disappointment in his career as a pass rusher, that Clowney really is outstanding against the run.   So, if he could be a vast improvement in that department.....or if like Clay Matthews III could be, I would be all for something like that. 

Coaching.   Will Stefanski finally be the THE guy to take this team to success, after so many failures.  I am tired of having such wastes here as coach, the Hues/Shurmurs/Freddies/Chudzinskis/Manginis/Romeos....all that detritus.  Give us a real, knowledgeable, winning HC. 

Make the playoffs.  At minimum.  Especially now that they have expanded each conference from 6 to 7 playoff teams. 

I am thinking seriously about that Jacksonville game....if all the ifs go right.   I had thought about Dallas, but that is too iffy, and really a no go.

Yes, like Nickers,  my vote on this goes to the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.    Though....I could do without the "Frozen" part of the equation. 

Absolutely.  It should be wild and fun.  And hopefully the trash talking will be first rate. 

Yea.   Right now today I was supposed to be spending the week in Lake Placid NY.   That got nixed, as did my son's graduation from Cornell. Also, my daughter's  big wedding aboard a cruise ship.....and our subsequent cruise to various ports, with big banquets the previous two evenings in swanky hotels in Galveston are called off.  She IS getting married, but it will be a small, immediate family only affair in San Antonio. 

• Like 1

I'm selfish about D so I would love to see Garrett teamed with Clowney.

The OL keeping our D off the field.

9-7 or 8-7-1.

I was seriously considering traveling to Ohio for a game to meet this motley crew.

I did that in 2018-Denver vs KC

Not a golf fan but these days any sport might do.

Just turned down a sister/brother in law for a week renting a home on Martha's Vineyard. Also may not make it to Colorado this summer without changes soon. Planned trip to Spain 

has been put off indefinitely. Same for Amsterdam & Paris. Brother & wife cancelled planned trip here last month to see the bluebonnets.

I was seriously considering traveling to Ohio for a game to meet this motley crew.

I guess for you that would be an away game.  There is usually a Board Tailgate in an early season game.  I guess the status of that is very much up in the air.   We usually have visitors from Europe....but that, obviously, could be an issue this year.  

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

None really. We're locked and loaded.

O line

Must reach playoffs.

No.

Cowboys AT&T

Would rather watch pain dry.

Exactly.

But to the question. Yes, was supposed to go the Georgia a few weeks ago to see my new granddaughter. Probably in another week or two I'll be going.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Clowney if not Clowney than Clay Matthews Jr.

Baker playing well

Playoffs

Las Vegas want to make it a long weekend too.

Yes.

Not yet

5. Has the Corona Virus bullshit  messed up any of your travel plans so far?  If so, what?

Exactly.

But to the question. Yes, was supposed to go the Georgia a few weeks ago to see my new granddaughter. Probably in another week or two I'll be going.

I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

A bad ass outside linebacker who can rush the passer as well.

The coach and his staff

Win the Super Bowl and cover the spread.

If this were a normal year I would definitely go to Jacksonville (still might), and probably plan on Nashville too. If I was shitting money I'd spend Christmas in NYC and catch both Browns games.

I'd love to watch a game at Lambeau. And a tailgate at Arrowhead. It would be cool to be in Seattle's stadium too.

No

Not yet, as it is not travelling season for me, yet, but we'll see. Planning a couple in-state trips next month (Key West & St. Augustine). and we'll see what the rest of the Summer bears.

z

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

nickers has "colleagues"... 🤣

And gip has comrades.

• Haha 1

See above where things are messed up for me.   However,  again, given the "ifs".....I am hopeful of still doing some traveling.   To "wide open" places...where I can exercise social distancing......like maybe Nebraska, which is sparsely populated;   New Mexico and Utah...sparsely populated areas. Just have to carry my mask, gloves, and disinfectant.

And I am just today hearing rumors that my  daughter's wedding  cruise out of Galveston schedule for July 12,  will be canceled.  

When that officially comes down then a few other  dominoes can fall.  Her wedding then will just be a small affair, immediate family only, in San Antonio on that same date.

Plus,  as I understand it, the cruise line will be offering either a  100% cash refund.....or.....125%  toward a Future Cruise Credit.  And since I have already paid for that cruise, and the money is spent,   I am  99% certain that I will take the FCC in order to do an Alaskan cruise  in like August  2021.   THAT is on my "bucket list", where the original cruise itinerary for the wedding was not. 

Official cancellation of my cruise of about an hour ago:

Royal Caribbean Announces Global Suspension Of Cruising

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. On March 13th, we made the decision to voluntarily suspend our sailings departing from US ports, and later on March 14th we decided to also suspend operations for the remainder of our sailings worldwide. Then on March 24th, we extended our voluntary suspension until May 11th, 2020, and then extended it to sailings departing on or before June 11th. Now, after further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, our global suspension has been extended – all sailings departing on and before July 31st, 2020 will be cancelled. Our goal is to resume operations on August 1st, 2020. (China sailings will be suspended through June 30th, 2020).

While we all wish we were cruising, health and safety are our top priorities as we focus on our comeback. In the meantime, below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31st, 2021.

• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid (or Cruisetour, if applicable). And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14th, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19th – May 5th, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing).

◦ Friday, May 22nd, 2020, if your sail date was on or after May 12th, 2020.

◦ Tuesday, June 30th, 2020, if you sail date was between June 12th – July 31st, 2020 (excluding Vision of the Seas June 13th, 2020 and Anthem of the Seas June 20th, 2020 sailings).

• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And gip has comrades.

And Dutchie Gurl has diaper rash on his lips...

On 5/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, The Gipper said:

Add a veteran LB.

Baker's play

Make playoffs

3 hours ago, nickers said:

And Dutchie Gurl has diaper rash on his lips...

nickers knows deep down that if he ever met me, he'd never have the balls to say this.

Which is why he put me on ignore, because he was tired of me calling him out for being a ruh-tard. 

Sing Clowney

Competent coaching

Hard to put a number on it, but win some games we should win.  I'll know it when I see it.

If I was to go to a "away" game, Dallas.  But as a season ticket holder living 600 miles away, all my games are "away" games, so my football travel budget is tapped out.  I may go to the Titans game, but I can sit at home and watch that, so probably not.

Dallas and Atlanta.

You bet!

Yes, we had a Tauck tour booked to see the Kentucky Derby.  Box seats.  My wife bought a near $600 hat to wear, not to mention a dress and shoes, I bought a seersucker suit and really nice Panama hat...well, that hat box is under the bed.  On Derby day she was really bummed.  I had all the mint Julip makings.  I put on all my stuff to surprise her.  I told her get dressed up honey, we are wearing our outfits today.  I'll make the julips while you get ready.  We watched the movie Secretariat, drinking mint julips while all decked out. 

• Like 1

Yes, we had a Tauck tour booked to see the Kentucky Derby.  Box seats.  My wife bought a near $600 hat to wear, not to mention a dress and shoes, I bought a seersucker suit and really nice Panama hat...well, that hat box is under the bed.  On Derby day she was really bummed.  I had all the mint Julip makings.  I put on all my stuff to surprise her.  I told her get dressed up honey, we are wearing our outfits today.  I'll make the julips while you get ready.  We watched the movie Secretariat, drinking mint julips while all decked out. 

They are supposed to do the  KD in Sept.   Don't know if they are going to let fans attend.  Maybe you can go then.   I would love to go do that sometime. I have been to Churchill Downs,  but that was just for a regular race day, not Derby Day.    And I guess they are running the Belmont on  June 20.  Again, not sure if fans are to be allowed. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Official cancellation of my cruise of about an hour ago:

Royal Caribbean Announces Global Suspension Of Cruising

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew are always our top priorities. On March 13th, we made the decision to voluntarily suspend our sailings departing from US ports, and later on March 14th we decided to also suspend operations for the remainder of our sailings worldwide. Then on March 24th, we extended our voluntary suspension until May 11th, 2020, and then extended it to sailings departing on or before June 11th. Now, after further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, our global suspension has been extended – all sailings departing on and before July 31st, 2020 will be cancelled. Our goal is to resume operations on August 1st, 2020. (China sailings will be suspended through June 30th, 2020).

While we all wish we were cruising, health and safety are our top priorities as we focus on our comeback. In the meantime, below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31st, 2021.

• This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid (or Cruisetour, if applicable). And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! You can expect to receive your FCC by:

◦ Monday, April 13th, 2020, if your sail date was on or before April 10th, 2020, or on Ovation of the Seas April 11th, 2020, Radiance March 14th, 2020, Jewel of the Seas March 19th – May 5th, 2020, and all April 2020 Spectrum of the Seas sailings.

◦ Monday, April 30th, 2020, if your sail date was April 11th – May 11th, 2020, including Alaska sailings departing May 12th – June 30th 2020, Empress of the Seas June 1st, 2020 & June 12th, 2020 sailings, and May 2020 Voyager of the Seas sailings (excluding May 25th, 2020 sailing).

◦ Friday, May 22nd, 2020, if your sail date was on or after May 12th, 2020.

◦ Tuesday, June 30th, 2020, if you sail date was between June 12th – July 31st, 2020 (excluding Vision of the Seas June 13th, 2020 and Anthem of the Seas June 20th, 2020 sailings).

• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.

Went on the RC cruise line in Europe 5 years ago.... Great ship... Too bad the Rona shit is messing it all up...The service, Amenities and choices in food are extraordinary... Even the musician they hire for they're jazz band is top notch..... But I will say this.. Most of the Europeans I encountered on the ship are loud... Obnoxious and rude.. But apart from that... Awesome cruise...

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Went on the RC cruise line in Europe 5 years ago.... Great ship... Too bad the Rona shit is messing it all up...The service, Amenities and choices in food are extraordinary... Even the musician they hire for they're jazz band is top notch..... But I will say this.. Most of the Europeans I encountered on the ship are loud... Obnoxious and rude.. But apart from that... Awesome cruise...

The Europeans are loud obnoxious and rude?  Isn't that what they say about the Americans?

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They are supposed to do the  KD in Sept.   Don't know if they are going to let fans attend.  Maybe you can go then.   I would love to go do that sometime. I have been to Churchill Downs,  but that was just for a regular race day, not Derby Day.    And I guess they are running the Belmont on  June 20.  Again, not sure if fans are to be allowed. 

Like I said, it was a booked tour.  We didn't just buy tickets..we bought a tour package.  The tour was canceled and we got our money back.   Tauck...you can look them up.  We have taken 4-5 trips with them,  First class all the way.  Not cheap by any means, but they seem to have inside connections.  You get in to places not all get, and usually have a guest speaker or two not many get to hear.

• Upvote 1