Tour2ma

Know How Things Seem to Come in Threes?

Been a theme in recent Browns articles...

While there are 4 articles the first and fourth are similar.... so.... three-ish :huh: ...

Except just remembered... and finally found... another threesome from last week that stands alone... so it's now a four-ish kinda of three-ish. Bridge too far? :ph34r:

1. 3 Most likely Cleveland Browns breakout stars in 2020 - Mack Wilson, Andrew Billings and Karl Joseph

2. Cleveland Browns: 3 players in danger of being cut - Terrence Mitchell, Damion Ratley and Dontrell Hilliyard

3. 3 Sleepers To Watch For Cleveland Browns In 2020 - Adrian Clayborn, Rashard Higgins and Drew Forbes

4. 3 Cleveland Browns who will explode in 2020 - Olivier Vernon, Kareem Hunt and Greedy Williams

5. Cleveland Browns: 3 likeliest new additions who could struggle - Wills, Joseph (again?) and BJ Goodson

I knew Joseph was on two, mutually exclusive lists, but in fairness to the idiot that wrote #5, he put Joseph on his list due to injury history/potential. Goodson I can see on the list, but Wills? If my man Callahan ain't worried about his move to LT, then neither am I.

My first impression is that the other four trios look like at least decent candidates for their titled fates with a photo-finish for most "spot-on" between #1, the Breakouts, and #2, the Cuts... with a slight edge to #2.

I have an issue with one name in each of #3 and 4. Feeling neither Clayborn as a sleeper of note nor Greedy exploding, but could be scheme things, I guess.

Hit the links for full rationales.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I really like Drew Forbes.. but I agree.. Hilliard looks like the odd man on.. I would also keep tabs on Njoku.. The TE room is awfully full and tight... Mack Wilson.. Well we'll see how that plays out now that Joe Scho' is outtie... But with COVID lurking.. There are a shit ton of questions that really need to be addressed and answered...

Billings as a "breakout" star?  Kid already has a solid rep as one of the better run stopping DI's among the NFL.   Save for Snacks, that's about the ceiling that those big hogs have in terms of recognition. 

11 hours ago, nickers said:

I would also keep tabs on Njoku..

Get where you're coming from... 2019 was just a lost season... but he showed real chemistry with Baker in a pretty good 2018. Good to read of him working with Baker in Tejas. That said he wasn't drafted in Round 1 to be "pretty good".

Make or break year for him coming up. He's a fairly cheap cut now, but a zero cost one next year.

Personally... I'm leaning "make". I think the work will pay off, and the arrivals of Hooper and Stef will free him, and help him tap the athleticism we know is there.

Then in 2021... blocking!

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

It better be coming along in 2020 or he's gone IMO. This offense counts on them to block which was made clear in the last Building the Browns. No block, no play.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Get where you're coming from... 2019 was just a lost season... but he showed real chemistry with Baker in a pretty good 2018. Good to read of him working with Baker in Tejas. That said he wasn't drafted in Round 1 to be "pretty good".

Make or break year for him coming up. He's a fairly cheap cut now, but a zero cost one next year.

Personally... I'm leaning "make". I think the work will pay off, and the arrivals of Hooper and Stef will free him, and help him tap the athleticism we know is there.

Having Hooper here should also drive Njoku.. And it should also send a message that.. Nothing is a given...

• Upvote 1

And since anything is possible... Cleveland Browns: 3 possible surprise cuts that could happen this preseason

So now it's just "cuts", but "surprise cuts".

• Higgins... the guy we negotiated with most of the off-season...
  • Vernon... the most talked about cut of the off-season...
  • Forbes... the 2-game guy competing for the only contested Offensive slot.

Seems like the "three-well" is running dry.

This Porto guy is giving MKC a run for 2nd-least favorite beatwriter. 2nd? Yeah... nobody can challenge Grossi... :)

• Haha 1

And the 3s just keep on coming...

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/05/23/3-bold-predictions-2020-cleveland-browns/4/

1. Mayfield and Ward make Pro Bowl
  2. D makes Top 10
  3. We win a playoff game.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/05/21/3-players-fans-wish-could-come-out-of-retirement-for-the-cleveland-browns/4/

1. Joe... duh
  2. DQ?
  3. Phil Dawson

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

What? No Johnny Football!?🤗 I think he's ready now. Larned his lesson!😁🏈

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

What? No Johnny Football!?🤗 I think he's ready now. Larned his lesson!😁🏈

Yes he looks ready to play to me.  Get him a helmet !   (you can tell a lot about a man by his tats)

Screenshot_2020-05-23_123708.jpg

This 3s thing is getting ridiculous...

Cleveland Browns: 3 affordable free agents who could find a second life

3. Manti Te’o... really?

2. Domata Peko... more NT than DT and 35-1/2 to boot

1. Terrell Suggs... OK... at least I can see worth this one, but why?

This one's an 0-fer in my book.