THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If you consider a person who had to endure the Irish revolution, who lived through the Blitz of London,  who nursed the war wounded in WWII,  who had to try to dig out her father after a Nazi bomb fell on him (to no avail),  who raised 6 kids...a "man"  you would be right. More of a man than most men. 

Touche’

11 hours ago, D Bone said:

Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always. 

Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for. 

There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those. 

Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all. ;)

Take care, Dbone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

This whole situation sucks and there's people that will lose more than the others, as always. 

Don't think less of yourself for believeing the "American Dream" or for having to close the business your father fought years for. 

There's not much one can do when all the odds are against and there's a lot you can be proud of. Many people spend their lives not even giving a fight and I'm pretty sure you are not one of those. 

Stay close to the ones you love through the storm and better days will come. Maybe the Browns won't win, but we will have a laugh about it. Pink font and all. ;)

Take care, Dbone. 

Seriously man, you sound depressed.   Stay on top of that.  

I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus.   Don't be one.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

I have a feeling more people are going to die due to the economic fallout than the actual virus.   Don't be one.

I was actually trying to say some kind words to Dbone, lol. 

I'm not having a good time but I have been to worse times. We'll get out of this one!

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Are you talking about like  suicide or some such?   I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far.   And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns.  You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney.  When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies,  or who have  had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of  lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.

On 5/15/2020 at 7:14 AM, Nero said:

I was actually trying to say some kind words to Dbone, lol. 

I'm not having a good time but I have been to worse times. We'll get out of this one!

Sorry man, the quote came out wrong.  I was talking about Dbone.  

Sorry for the confusion..my bad.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, nickers said:

Good.. I can't wait till this SCAMDEMIC is over...

No one says you have to wait.....go on. Get out there.   Do your thing.  We won't forget to put roses on your grave. (or your grandparents/parents whom you may have infected).

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

No one says you have to wait.....go on. Get out there.   Do your thing.  We won't forget to put roses on your grave. (or your grandparents/parents whom you may have infected).

My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

My Grandparents are already dead.. But thanks for playing along...

Half of mine were dead before I was born.  Both  Grandfathers.  I believe a bleeding ulcer got one,  and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like  85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS.   Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad.  For me, it will probably be sugar. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Half of mine were dead before I was born.  Both  Grandfathers.  I believe a bleeding ulcer got one,  and a fucking Nazi bomb got the other. Both of my grandmothers lived to be old enough...(like  85) .yet both of them died before I graduated from HS.   Cigarettes got my Mom, and alcohol got my Dad.  For me, it will probably be sugar. 

My Moms father was killed during WWII in europe fighting for the Croatian Ustasa.. Her mother died of natural causes in 2010. Grandpa on dads side died in 72 when I was 7,  His wife passed in 1980.. Cigarettes and Alcohol took my father in 08.. He was only 69.. My Grandparents lived considerably long lives.The eldest being 95.. Like yourself.. My death may be sugar related as well.... I still wear a mask out of respect for others.. But I personally think it's bunkola!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nickers said:

I still wear a mask out of respect for others..

Good on ya for that much...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29191362/nfl-testing-new-protective-facemasks-surgical-n95-material

NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.

Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.

"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."

5 hours ago, Vambo said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29191362/nfl-testing-new-protective-facemasks-surgical-n95-material

NFL engineers and sports-equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that might contain surgical or N95 material, the NFL Players Association's medical director said Monday.

Speaking on Monday's The Adam Schefter Podcast, Thom Mayer said "there will probably be a recommendation" that the NFL use such masks to protect players from the coronavirus when the league returns to play.

"Back in early March, I had suggested that we should consider novel and emerging ways to handle the helmets and the facemasks and the spread of the virus," Mayer said. "And these guys, the bioengineers that we use and that the league uses -- Oakley, as you may or may not know, does all the face visors for the league under contract -- these guys got the bit between their teeth."

Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Cool. Maybe I'll get one to wear to the grocery store and have an advantage when I have to fight one of those MAGA assholes who insists on not wearing one while breaking the rules on distancing at the checkout counter. I could also threaten to go full Garrett on him too.🤣

Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction.   See how he reacts to that. 

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, you don't have to go to that extreme......what you simply do there is that when you encounter one of them not keeping his distance , pull your mask down and fake cough in his direction.   See how he reacts to that. 

Instant fisticuffs for sure.🙄

I can't imagine playing NFL or any football with an anti-coronovirus mask when you're gasping for some cool fresh air to breathe.

I'm also having trouble with the idea of wearing masks in dugouts in baseball and trying to communicate with your players.......and breathing.

I think that there are a few "bugs" to work out here.

......oh and broadcasters wearing masks while calling a game.   :lol:

3 minutes ago, Icecube said:

You actually buy what the TV tells you? Incredible. 

I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

All the stats for CV are cooked. Hospitals made huge $ by exaggerating CV deaths, fact. Under the "rules" anyone dying of almost anything could be blamed on CV and they got $ for every one of them, no tests needed. Also, evidence suggests many who have got the flu shot will test positive for CV. And, you can take your roses and shove them up your @ss. At this point, you're a duped patsy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Icecube said:

All the stats for CV are cooked. Hospitals made huge $ by exaggerating CV deaths, fact. Under the "rules" anyone dying of almost anything could be blamed on CV and they got $ for every one of them, no tests needed. Also, evidence suggests many who have got the flu shot will test positive for CV. And, you can take your roses and shove them up your @ss. At this point, you're a duped patsy. 

Your ignorance is astounding.  Why don't you go ahead drink some of that bleach...you have already drunk the KoolAid. .  Better yet, just go out there unprotected in all kinds of close situations with other people.  Get sick.....and see how it goes for you from there.  Maybe you are young and healthy and have a better chance to survive it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I come here to escape Fake-demic crap. 

Interesting given your attempt at passing off football related falsehoods (rumors) as fact.

But reading the rest of your posts in this thread, at least you're consistent with the bullshit.  I despise when people say something rational then incredibly dumb the next post. Makes it difficult whether they should be taken seriously or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Interesting given your attempt at passing off football related falsehoods (rumors) as fact.

But reading the rest of your posts in this thread, at least you're consistent with the bullshit.  I despise when people say something rational then incredibly dumb the next post. Makes it difficult whether they should be taken seriously or not.

What he is saying Cube, is that your posts completely lack credibility, be they about football, or anything else. 

I heard a rumor that IceCube is really a Witch.   After all, they both melt into oblivion when confronted.

I'm Melting! GIF - TheWizardOfOz Adventure WickedWitch - Discover ...

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Your ignorance is astounding.  Why don't you go ahead drink some of that bleach...you have already drunk the KoolAid. .  Better yet, just go out there unprotected in all kinds of close situations with other people.  Get sick.....and see how it goes for you from there.  Maybe you are young and healthy and have a better chance to survive it. 

In PA 3,106 of the citizens have died due to Covid-19. The average age of those that have passed away is 79 years old. To date, of these 3,106 deaths, 2,108 of these persons lived in nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. That means 67.9% those who have died lived in these types of settings. Of the 3,106 persons who have died, 11.9% had 4 comorbidities, 22.7% had 3 comorbidities, 27.2% had 2 comorbidities, 22.6% had 1 comorbidity and 11% had zero comorbidities. While these percentages only add up to 95.4%, these were the statistics that were provided to us verbally. Of the 3,106 persons who died, 61% had hypertension, 54% had heart disease, 37% had diabetes and 30% had chronic pulmonary disease. According to the Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), citing Pennsylvania Department of Health statistics, there are 37,000 beds in Pennsylvania hospitals. As of today, 2,572 of these beds were occupied by Covid-l9 patients, which amounts to 6.95%. There are only 539 patients in the hospitals on ventilators, which amounts to 1.46% of all hospital beds.

42 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things.