THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

He is a political joke.. who won because the other candidate found a way to be worse.  Who wants to bet that the D's "lesser of two evils" strategy won't get them defeated twice in a row?

I would take that bet.....but I would be nervous about the outcome.

Pelosi has provided the $$ for each and every one of Trump's initiatives, Schumer has supported each of his judges, and no Senator has used either their hold or filibuster abilities to halt the trillion-dollar pro-corporate bills going thru the senate.

Oh, no doubt, I think the Ds have been impotent about things.  The thing that has save DJT  has his lapdog in McConnell , while he is the lapdog of Putin.  That poor chair.  I don't see how it has broken yet.   (and I would have to see the evidence of those votes...I didn't think it was that way).

Many countries have one-party rule.. America does as well, except that in typical American fashion, there's two of them.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

while he is the lapdog of Putin

Newly released Congressional testimony from Crowdstrike president Shawn Henry shows that there is in fact no evidence that Russia hacked the DNC emails. That's the core of the allegations against Russia.  They do NOT have any proof that WikiLeaks was sent info from Russia.  Wikileaks' source was NOT a state actor.

This testimony was given to Schiff years ago and instead... Schiff kept saying that he had seen evidence but couldn't release it.  He pleased his weapons donors [Raytheon is the biggest employer in Schiff's district] but.. he gave Trump a gift while ratcheting tensions with a nuclear superpower.

Crowdstrike got wrong their info about Russia hacking Ukrainian artillery also -- it's not like they're always magical and correct.

The only time Russian state contacted Trump's team is:

1) Russian ambassador speaking to Trump campaign officials -- exactly what you'd want any foreign country to do..

2) Assistant in kremlin press office calling up michael cohen saying they couldn't build a trump tower in moscow

They were disingenuous about the russian troll farm -- but DoJ dropped the case once the trollfarm sought discovery.  What else were they disingenuous about ?

So let's drop the Russiagate evidence-free conspiracy theory.  That was just the Democrats avoiding responsibility for their 2016 loss, full stop.

No wonder people don't trust media: Instead of analyzing Trump's policy failings, we got 3 years of pee tapes and Rachel Maddow becoming the lesbian Glenn Beck.

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Newly released Congressional testimony from Crowdstrike president Shawn Henry shows that there is in fact no evidence that Russia hacked the DNC emails. That's the core of the allegations against Russia.  They do NOT have any proof that WikiLeaks was sent info from Russia.  Wikileaks' source was NOT a state actor.

This testimony was given to Schiff years ago and instead... Schiff kept saying that he had seen evidence but couldn't release it.  He pleased his weapons donors [Raytheon is the biggest employer in Schiff's district] but.. he gave Trump a gift while ratcheting tensions with a nuclear superpower.

Crowdstrike got wrong their info about Russia hacking Ukrainian artillery also -- it's not like they're always magical and correct.

The only time Russian state contacted Trump's team is:

1) Russian ambassador speaking to Trump campaign officials -- exactly what you'd want any foreign country to do..

2) Assistant in kremlin press office calling up michael cohen saying they couldn't build a trump tower in moscow

They were disingenuous about the russian troll farm -- but DoJ dropped the case once the trollfarm sought discovery.  What else were they disingenuous about ?

So let's drop the Russiagate evidence-free conspiracy theory.  That was just the Democrats avoiding responsibility for their 2016 loss, full stop.

No wonder people don't trust media: Instead of analyzing Trump's policy failings, we got 3 years of pee tapes and Rachel Maddow becoming the lesbian Glenn Beck.

I will believe our multiple intelligence agencies over these fake news excuses.

Remember the good old days when the world was united in their outrage at the husband who bought his wife a stationary bike for Christmas? 

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I will believe our multiple intelligence agencies over these fake news excuses.

Fox News link

Link to House Intelligence Committee documents

Jim Clapper [BO's director of national intelligence] said: “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting or conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.”  That's the intelligence agencies you're believing.

Stop it.  Russiagate IS the fake news.  Russiagate is the conspiracy theory.

Just now, Unsympathetic said:

Fox News link

Link to House Intelligence Committee documents

Jim Clapper [BO's director of national intelligence] said: “I never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting or conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.”

OK, you prove my point....you just linked Fox News.    

Beyond that,  I don't think it was ever even alleged that the Trump campaign, plotted and conspired with Russians to meddle with the Election....but the Russians DID meddle with the election, and they DID do in order to favor the Trump campaign....Even if the Trump campaign didn't conspire with them they were happy to accept the benefit of that interference......nor did they ever condemn that interference, or ever lift one finger to ever prevent it from happening again.     In an analogy that may be applicable:   The Trump campaign did not carry out or conspire with  Bonny and Clyde, or Boris and Natasha  in the bank heist,   but the did  "receive the stolen property" willingly.   (It is just that in this instance,  receiving this "stolen property"  was perhaps not criminal, unlike receiving the bank heist property. 

Nevertheless, I do not really want to get into it here.  As I have said many times, my legal and political opinions are available,  but I do charge for them.....and you are not likely to be paying me.  (its why you don't see me over on that other board). 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

As I have said many times, my legal and political opinions are available,  but I do charge for them.....and you are not likely to be paying me.  (its why you don't see me over on that other board). 

Too bad. The three stooges there are in desperate need of the cult breakers' code to get out before they get the soon to be made mythical covid-19.😜

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

the did  "receive the stolen property" willingly

Under $50,000 worth of facebook pictures of bernie sanders are stolen property?

Look, dude.. Mueller didn't show even one vote was actually flipped.  If I'm deciding between a honda and a mazda.. showing me a picture of a bmw is entirely immaterial - it's not a thing.  The "troll farm" which is alleged to be the entirety of all this was trying to get FB accounts to spam for their own money -- not political at all, which is why the DoJ dropped the case when the troll farm lawyered up and demanded discovery.  There is nothing there, at all.

I don't agree with Tucker on most things - but [apparently unlike you] I will give him credit when he chooses to be objective.  That prior link is a good compilation/summary of the relevant items.

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Under $50,000 worth of facebook pictures of bernie sanders are stolen property?

Look, dude.. Mueller didn't show even one vote was actually flipped.  If I'm deciding between a honda and a mazda.. showing me a picture of a bmw is entirely immaterial - it's not a thing.  The "troll farm" which is alleged to be the entirety of all this was trying to get FB accounts to spam for their own money -- not political at all, which is why the DoJ dropped the case when the troll farm lawyered up and demanded discovery.  There is nothing there, at all.

I don't agree with Tucker on most things - but [apparently unlike you] I will give him credit when he chooses to be objective.  That prior link is a good compilation/summary of the relevant items.

Retainer required 

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:
  1. Pelosi has provided the $$ for each and every one of Trump's initiatives,
  2. Schumer has supported each of his judges, and
  3. no Senator has used either their hold or filibuster abilities to halt the trillion-dollar pro-corporate bills going thru the senate.
  1. Never funded "The Wall". Those funds were dubiously repurposed out of the Defense budget. Pretty sure there are other examples as well, but mostly what comes to mind are the recent examples of Trump taking credit for ideas Dems hammered into the Virus Relief bills.
  2. Schumer has supported under 30% of the Nominees. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7kz5da/here-are-the-senate-democrats-voting-for-trump-nominated-judges-and-why
  3. To the best of my knowledge the era of the secret hold has been over for a while now. It's now a meaningless gesture subject to the will of the Senate Majority leader. While the filibuster is a token effort now only employed by publicity hounds like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. Finally while cloture for bills still is at the 60 vote threshold, have to remember that since January, 2018 all the bills have been compromise bills. The only significant bill during the two prior years, the Tax Bill, was done by the Pubs thru the budget reconciliation procedure... the same tactic Dems used to pass the ACA.

Your grip of facts is right up there with Tucker C's...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-says-theres-181932973.html

Dr. Anthony Fauci says there's 'virtually no chance' that COVID-19 will be eradicated

Associated Press

Dr. Anthony Fauci said in an interview with NBC Sports on Saturday that there was little chance that the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19, will be eradicated.

Fauci said that with "global travel, every single day, of literally hundreds of thousands of people coming into the United States every day from all over, there's no chance we're going to be virus-free."

He said that the 2003 SARS outbreak, caused by another type of coronavirus, was contained largely because it didn't spread as quickly as the novel coronavirus.

The novel coronavirus "is so transmissible, and it is so widespread throughout the world, that even if our infections get well controlled and go down dramatically during the summer, there is virtually no chance it will be eradicated," Fauci said.

CWO2.jpg

On 5/12/2020 at 10:38 AM, tiamat63 said:

You kids really need to move this thread to the Poli board.   

Oh hell, no...

This is serving as a Safety valve for this section of the Boards.

19 hours ago, D Bone said:

3 more months in Los Angeles county. That will just about do it for us.

Hope the next phase of the package gets to you in time to avert this.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hope the next phase of the package gets to you in time to avert this.

If there's any money left over after the oil companies and such have picked over the carcass, perhaps. 

Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

It All Depends On Whose Ox Is Gored  

20 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off. This place was where I went for laughs for just a few minutes each day, but now, it's just one of the many things that reminds me of what I have lost. 

I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie.

My dad, brother and I are trying to figure out the best way to close the business and divide the assets, with my dad wanting none... I can't even look my dad in the eyes because I know I will not be able to stop crying. 

As for assistance from the government?? Don't believe everything your propaganda machine tells you. There is none for us, and even if it ever comes, it will simply be too late and would be like throwing an umbrella to someone who fell out of an air plane. 

I'm so very proud to have done my part, and remember "we're all in this together." 

Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

Nevertheless.... you are right....it has been reported that so much of the money that was supposed to go to small businesses like yours (not sure what you do)  have gone to the fat cat corporations.  Thanks to McConnell. 

I could link  any number of sites...but you know the deal. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Probably my last post here for a long time as I literally couldn't care less about the Browns, much less football and I can actually feel that the switch has been completely turned off.

Best of luck to you, D...

• Thanks 1

I kind of know what he is talking about.  I have interest in the Browns, but I might not if the NFL pushes to play the season with fans in the stadium.  The league can take some measures to help protect on field help.  They can't do squat to protect fans unless they tell the fans to stay home this year.

I just spent a little over $3500 on my two season tickets.  I don't think I am going to any games.  My life might not be worth much to some of you, but it's worth over $3500 to me.

I'll take a credit towards next season, but this won't be gone by then.  Aids is a virus that has been around since the early/mid 80's.  Where is the vaccine for that?  Common colds are a coronavirus.  Colds have been around for a few years now, no?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure what one has to do with the other....why the business woes must diminish your fandom.  I would think you would want some kind of distraction from the problems you face...and why not sports? 

Rob a man of his passion, the daily thing that wokes the fire in his belly and you'll find he cares not for much else.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Rob a man of his passion, the daily thing that wokes the fire in his belly and you'll find he cares not for much else.

Well, that is a sad situation.  I am just hopeful that he can get through it.   I just thought that  being invested in his sports teams could help that matter. 

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Gip's complete lack of empathy leaves me speechless.

You are one  ignorant, cowardly piece of shit. 

Why,? You are ignorant because you only saw the piece of the reply that was quoted. The whole post was in fact quite empathetic to DBone...which you would have recognized had you seen it.  But, you are too big of a  coward to read my posts, which partially explains your ignorance. Had you seen my follow post you would have known. 

But then....maybe Tia is somewhat to blame for only copying and pasting a portion of my post.  You would probably have still exhibited your ignorance and cowardice even if he had. 

I was trying to prop up DBone....to have him not give up on some of the simple pleasures he may enjoy in life, like sports,  even in the face of the difficult times he is facing. 

But, a small, petty man like you would have no comprehension of this sort of thing......

...which, by the way, is the kind of thing I have dealt with in my career for nearly 40 years. 

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm not sure what my future holds, but I do know that my American Dream was all a big mother fucking lie..... If I worked hard, followed the laws and paid my taxes, the sky was the limit and I would be allowed to prosper.... Nothing but a fucking lie!

As for assistance from the government?? 

All the best to you & your family matters Bone..  know where your heart is at, as it should be at this time... keep those bike rides on the happy trails 🚴‍♂️..  wishing you the best pal

Edit--Well said Tia 👍 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

Wish you the best.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You are one  ignorant, cowardly piece of shit. 

Why,? You are ignorant because you only saw the piece of the reply that was quoted. The whole post was in fact quite empathetic to DBone...which you would have recognized had you seen it.  But, you are too big of a  coward to read my posts, which partially explains your ignorance. Had you seen my follow post you would have known. 

But then....maybe Tia is somewhat to blame for only copying and pasting a portion of my post.  You would probably have still exhibited your ignorance and cowardice even if he had. 

I was trying to prop up DBone....to have him not give up on some of the simple pleasures he may enjoy in life, like sports,  even in the face of the difficult times he is facing. 

But, a small, petty man like you would have no comprehension of this sort of thing......

...which, by the way, is the kind of thing I have dealt with in my career for nearly 40 years. 

Your mama’s a man

33 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Your mama’s a man

If you consider a person who had to endure the Irish revolution, who lived through the Blitz of London,  who nursed the war wounded in WWII,  who had to try to dig out her father after a Nazi bomb fell on him (to no avail),  who raised 6 kids...a "man"  you would be right. More of a man than most men.