THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I think you meant "TDS" since there's not a news source in the links supplied.

Really sucks when you can't even keep your cliches straight... especially when you have so few.

Of course now you have to figure out to which "TDS" I refer. Man, you Trumpettes have it rough...

🖕🖕

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I think you meant "TDS" since there's not a news source in the links supplied.

Really sucks when you can't even keep your cliches straight... especially when you have so few.

Of course now you have to figure out to which "TDS" I refer. Man, you Trumpettes have it rough...

Like said in another thread you would be off showing the links to a bag of Mulch. He doesn't believe in science, medical journals, educational studies, or any kind of facts. It really is quite sad and frankly embarrassing when you think about it.

• Haha 1

The scary part of Covid 19 is the unknown.

I did a 14 day stay in the Cleveland Clinic after testing positive for the Coronavirus.

The Clinic is in data collection mode about the virus, they call me twice a day asking me a long list of questions.

I was also asked if I was willing to give blood for research (I said yes).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The scary part of Covid 19 is the unknown.

I did a 14 day stay in the Cleveland Clinic after testing positive for the Coronavirus.

The Clinic is in data collection mode about the virus, they call me twice a day asking me a long list of questions.

I was also asked if I was willing to give blood for research (I said yes).

Glad to see you got through it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Next, as in next question?   OK:     Which brand of tinfoil do you prefer to make your hats out of?  Reynolds,  Diamond,  generic?

Next as in the "Next" idiotic thing you say , Old Man!... Pull up your pants.. Your depends are hangin out! :P

I wonder how many precious lives the common flu has claimed this year... or is it in quarantine as well? 

8 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I wonder how many precious lives the common flu has claimed this year... or is it in quarantine as well?

I gave you the data...

Less than half the current number in 3 times the time. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

What number of deaths do you want to see before we bother you again? 100K? 150k?

• Upvote 1

For those that will lose everything, we can't forget to count the upcoming stress and mental health related deaths and suicides from people who never got sick, and had they have gotten sick, had a 99% chance of recovering in days... unless of course they couldn't say no to the evil loud speaker when asked if they would like to "Super Size That" and were stage 2 obesity or higher, then in that case, they may have had just a 96% chance of recovering in days. 

22 minutes ago, D Bone said:

For those that will lose everything, we can't forget to count the upcoming stress and mental health related deaths and suicides from people who never got sick, and had they have gotten sick, had a 99% chance of recovering in days... unless of course they couldn't say no to the evil loud speaker when asked if they would like to "Super Size That" and were stage 2 obesity or higher, then in that case, they may have had just a 96% chance of recovering in days. 

Don't forget about those that have been smoking for 40 years right next to their oxygen tank.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Fat Guy Eating GIF

• Sad 1

^ Yep, that mother fucker right there. 

So my daughter has to write a 3rd year paper in PT school and because of my earlier post about heart disease being 15.5% of the world's death rate, and with the overwhelming underlying cause of that disease being obesity, she has elected to write the paper on:

"Obesity causing heart disease vs drain on the world's health care system and it being a "contagious disease" with the current state of parenting, advertising, instant gratification, ect..".

( ^ that's my title of her paper, her's is much better ) 

It isn't due until September, but as crazy as that kid is, she has already gotten a jump on it and says the numbers on the healthcare system alone are absolutely mind boggling. She also said that since "everyone and their mother is going to do their paper on COVID", she knows her's will stand out and keep her atop of the other 87 students in the 11th ranked PT school on the planet.  < gratuitous proud dad boast right there 

I have bookmarked this post and will post the paper here once she's done. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Your bat shit crazy is hanging out 

Ya think?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I gave you the data...

Less than half the current number in 3 times the time. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

What number of deaths do you want to see before we bother you again? 100K? 150k?

That link itself says it's basically guesswork and mathematical models and they don't really know... and despite that the numbers are the exact same as last year and not nearly as high as 2014 when we didn't hear any of this fear mongering about the flu. 

And I wouldn't doubt that "covid" is being counted among those totals... so again, where is the common flu? That's right, it's Covid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

^ Yep, that mother fucker right there. 

So my daughter has to write a 3rd year paper in PT school and because of my earlier post about heart disease being 15.5% of the world's death rate, and with the overwhelming underlying cause of that disease being obesity, she has elected to write the paper on:

"Obesity causing heart disease vs drain on the world's health care system and it being a "contagious disease" with the current state of parenting, advertising, instant gratification, ect..".

( ^ that's my title of her paper, her's is much better ) 

It isn't due until September, but as crazy as that kid is, she has already gotten a jump on it and says the numbers on the healthcare system alone are absolutely mind boggling. She also said that since "everyone and their mother is going to do their paper on COVID", she knows her's will stand out and keep her atop of the other 87 students in the 11th ranked PT school on the planet.  < gratuitous proud dad boast right there 

I have bookmarked this post and will post the paper here once she's done. 

When you do, tag those of us that up voted this post so we can read it 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

When you do, tag those of us that up voted this post so we can read it 

Done, and thanks for the interest! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Careful, your stupid is showing 

I bet you can't wait until the 15th so you can get your wool shaved huh? ;) 🤞

9 hours ago, D Bone said:

For those that will lose everything, we can't forget to count the upcoming stress and mental health related deaths and suicides from people who never got sick

I keep hearing that, but no one ever gives any stats.

Why is that?

Also a funny little curiosity, I can't help but notice those with out an original opinion re: football - I.e. those who over generalize so greatly that their posts are poorly constructed, miss the mark, inaccurate, little of any attention to detail....       Are some of the same people taking a similar stance re: this CoViD crisis.

It's almost as if critical thinking, experience, willingness to be open to information and making level headed decisions are thrown almost completely out of the window regardless of topic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1