THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Oh, I'm as awake as anyone when it comes to our "covid crisis".  This has totally been turned into a political football- and it largely depends on which commentators you want to listen to\believe. I think I have enough intelligence based on what I'm reading from both sides of the spectrum to make up my own mind on the subject. And as I said- what you're seeing- or not- largely depends on your political POV, and I'm leaving the politics out of it. Oh, I could start pointing fingers as to IMHO who turned it into said football (both sides are equally guilty)- but then that's politics, not football. Obviously I'm not going to change your mind either. 

It's not a "political football." This goes way beyond "political." I'm done on this. 

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

It's not a "political football." This goes way beyond "political." I'm done on this. 

We'll give you the last word with nickers to accompany. 🤣🎸🎶

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Icecube said:

Except for the fact that masks don't protect you from such a microbial, infinitesimal virus. But other than that, really good point (rolls eyes). Fabric on masks has far too many large holes to actually be effective against CV. So as you are standing in line (looking like an oaf) in your "12 Monkeys" outfit, you are far from safe. 

The ending of 12 Monkeys explained

The masks not only protect you from droplets/germs of others; but they also protect others from your droplets/germs.  2 fold prevention comes from science. A need to call inconvenient truth "fake news" comes from paranoid politicians that rarely ever tell the truth.  They're looking for a few good knuckleheads like you to buy their bullshittt hook line and sinker. 

Is that Calfox above all dressed for safety and success at the dealership he bought his truck at? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

I can just use the Data of one- my wife's hospital, where she sees see occupied beds, and it's down- way down...  

Well, the Catholic Churches SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky will open soon. Every third row, please wear a mask if you can.  The Bishop of Minneapolis did have a point about defying the governor- no more than 10 people in a Cathedral that seats 2,000? Please. 

I wonder where that reimbursement difference is coming from. You'd have to work in billing, not respiratory therapy to get that info....  Belief isn't fact. 

A big part of the hospital volume being down is that elective surgeries ceased all over the country.  These are just starting to resume; but that doesn't guarantee anyone that has been deferring elective surgery is in any hurry for an inpatient hospital stay or outpatient visit.

19 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

How about ICU? Also... was her hospital full of Covid-19 patients at one time?

In any case there are areas that are now filling up. The four-county area around Birmingham, AL had a net -2 available ICU beds as of yesterday. Mayor of Birmingham reported one hospital with 1 bed open, but another with 3 beds converted to ICU duty with two other Hospitals' ICUs full.

You are so reaching. Except for NY and few other hot spots,  hospitals in general throughout the country were not overrun as so predicted by those "experts" you rely on. The government had spent $660,000,000 to convert facilities into COVID triages anticipating the overflow that will never see a patient.

I know first hand that Marymount Hospital in Garfield Hts. was designated by the Cleveland Clinic as a COVID hospital, not to see a patient.

You people forget that the #1 reason for the shutdown was to prevent this "overflow" and once the cases had leveled off we would reopen..except now we keep moving the goalposts back.  We fought the Revolutionary War in which up to 100000 died of a smallpox epidemic.

And since we're in the football forum:

Masked fans at Georgia Tech game during the 1918 pandemic.

sport.jpg

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

The masks not only protect you from droplets/germs of others; but they also protect others from your droplets/germs.  2 fold prevention comes from science. A need to call inconvenient truth "fake news" comes from paranoid politicians that rarely ever tell the truth.  They're looking for a few good knuckleheads like you to buy their bullshittt hook line and sinker. 

Is that Calfox above all dressed for safety and success at the dealership he bought his truck at? 

I really don't bother to listen to what politicians say, unless I see them pushing us towards tyranny. I only pay attention to things like gun grabbing and forced vax - things like that.  

15 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I really don't bother to listen to what politicians say, unless I see them pushing us towards tyranny. I only pay attention to things like gun grabbing and forced vax - things like that.  

By all means, keep your guns, with the solace that knowing that if anyone is killed with it,  there is an 83% chance that it will be you.

And, just out of curiosity...how did you enjoy having  the smallpox, polio, rubella, meningitis, diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis, varicella,  and pneumococcal diseases that most kids get vaccinated for?    

I mean honestly if you insist on taking yourself out, I know a guy that can help:

Just How Many People Were Killed in the "Death Wish" Movies Anyway ...

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By all means, keep your guns, with the solace that knowing that if anyone is killed with it,  there is an 83% chance that it will be you.

And, just out of curiosity...how did you enjoy having  the smallpox, polio, rubella, meningitis, diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis, varicella,  and pneumococcal diseases that most kids get vaccinated for?    

I mean honestly if you insist on taking yourself out, I know a guy that can help:

Just How Many People Were Killed in the "Death Wish" Movies Anyway ...

I don't have discussions with people as far gone as you appear. I also don't try to teach math to dogs. 

16 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't have discussions with people as far gone as you appear. I also don't try to teach math to dogs. 

I am only slightly akilter with my humor.    You have fallen off the edge of the Earth in terms of a sense of reality.  (Hell....you probably DO think the Earth is flat) 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I am only slightly akilter with my humor.    You have fallen off the edge of the Earth in terms of a sense of reality.  (Hell....you probably DO think the Earth is flat) 

16 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Yea,  please...keep moving. 

Flat Earth GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

23 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Given your tenuous grasp of the English language, you might want to skip arithmetic and start there.  

He's gone to the "Deep State" well now... 

You know Icecube's story isn't going to end well. Now that he's done this, he'll probably be the next to get whacked by the Clintons. He obviously knows too much. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's gone to the "Deep State" well now... 

You know Icecube's story isn't going to end well. Now that he's done this, he'll probably be the next to get whacked by the Clintons. He obviously knows too much. 

I think he's safe because he obviously only knows a lot about jackshit!💩

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, hoorta said:

I wonder where that reimbursement difference is coming from. You'd have to work in billing, not respiratory therapy to get that info....  Belief isn't fact. 

The reimbursement difference is coming from insurance companies such as Medicare and medicaid. Fact is in respiration therapy the responsibility is putting the patients on respirators and putting in the tubes and such.  While doing so respiration therapists are privy to what illnesses patients have. Tragically when patients pass the respiration therapists take out the tubes and the respirator and are privy to cause of death which as of right now when there is any death due to respiratory reasons it is being attributed to COVID19. 

"Belief isn't fact" but what I'm saying when it comes to this hospital it is an actual fact not a belief.

Edit taken from factcheck.org

"It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate)."

On 5/22/2020 at 8:07 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe you could ask your girlfriend what happens to an MD who puts a person on the respirator with a false claim of coronavirus.

That is called fraud and it can get your license to practice yanked, let alone felony charges. Better have a test that proves it to do it.

That is what those who claim this happens fail to say and it is also why it is unlikely on a large scale. Not all of them are the Donald you know.

Some actually have moral fiber.

Believe what you want. I know a very big well respected hospital in Columbus is attributing any kinds deaths due to respiratory complications as COVID19. Any fluid on the lungs would be any "positive test" they need as of right now.

8 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

The reimbursement difference is coming from insurance companies such as Medicare and medicaid. Fact is in respiration therapy the responsibility is putting the patients on respirators and putting in the tubes and such.  While doing so respiration therapists are privy to what illnesses patients have. Tragically when patients pass the respiration therapists take out the tubes and the respirator and are privy to cause of death which as of right now when there is any death due to respiratory reasons it is being attributed to COVID19. 

"Belief isn't fact"

So you're guessing about reimbursement. Show me some numbers. BTW, nosing around looking for "cause of death" is a HIPPA violation, and most hospitals take an extremely dim view of that, to the extent "you're fired" if they find out. . 

• Haha 1

Guys, do you want me to shut this thread down? Sheeze- if I want conspiracy theories, there's no shortage of them on the Poli board, where if "You're not a MAGA, you don't matter".Deep State? This will be my only political comment here- it's more like Trump knows he's in Deep Shit, and is 100% blaming anything and everyone but himself. 

If you want an enlightening article- read on....  https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/15/856733300/replace-trump-and-bolster-the-cdc-a-leading-medical-journal-urges

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Guys, do you want me to shut this thread down? Sheeze- if I want conspiracy theories, there's no shortage of them on the Poli board, where if "You're not a MAGA, you don't matter".Deep State? This will be my only political comment here- it's more like Trump knows he's in Deep Shit, and is 100% blaming anything and everyone but himself. 

If you want an enlightening article- read on....  https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/15/856733300/replace-trump-and-bolster-the-cdc-a-leading-medical-journal-urges

Feel free to shut this thread down, the Poli board down, and the MAGA twits that go with it. 

• Haha 1