THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I can just use the Data of one- my wife's hospital, where she sees see occupied beds, and it's down- way down...  

Well, the Catholic Churches SW Ohio, Northern Kentucky will open soon. Every third row, please wear a mask if you can. 

Yea, and we were told airlines would fly with only every other seat full: COMPLETE LIE. They are packing them in like sardines. 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

And since you called out Gipper for it (incorrectly), don't retreat and hide from answering 

I'm sure 'cube would never do that...

Wait...

Is he ignoring my mask reply? <_<

5 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Also if you look at the number of flu,  cold, pneumonia, deaths after this policy was put into effect they have dramatically decreased compared to "normal" statistics from previous years. 

Of course pandemic "common flu" strains also kill those that that are otherwise compromised by age and other conditions at higher rates.

Point being that if you discount Covid-19 deaths due to underlying conditions, then consistency demands the same of any flu citations.

image.png.bd0910a32b8ec30f9191a48b9bb8e60d.png

I honestly do not get the "underlying condition" debate. It's not as if everyone is dying developed Covide-19 while in a hospice.

Folks with years of life expectancy left are being put into the ground by this thing. Folks with decades of life expectancy are being put into the ground by this thing. That the latter is not at the same rate is only evidence of the former's diminished capacity to fight it off.

22 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I can just use the Data of one- my wife's hospital, where she sees see occupied beds, and it's down- way down...  

How about ICU? Also... was her hospital full of Covid-19 patients at one time?

In any case there are areas that are now filling up. The four-county area around Birmingham, AL had a net -2 available ICU beds as of yesterday. Mayor of Birmingham reported one hospital with 1 bed open, but another with 3 beds converted to ICU duty with two other Hospitals' ICUs full.

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Just to go off the talking narrative since the beginning (which for a vast majority is true) that it is like the flu, even from the Presidents mouth.

So since its like the flu, most with symptoms are like the flu/pneumonia, when someone dies right now, how do YOU suggest it be classified? Do we pick half of them as Flu and half Covid? 

And then there is the fact that a lot of these people who "died of other causes, but are classified Covid" actually TESTED POSITIVE. And that isn't even factoring in cause and effect of how Covid could even possibly exacerbate the other conditions.

I am simply going by your words/postings here about how convenient it is flu etc. is way down.

So since YOU brought it up, how would YOU classify them? 

And since you called out Gipper for it (incorrectly), don't retreat and hide from answering 

Oh geez, that's a real tough one. How about they report things ACCURATELY instead of just slapping CV19 on anyone who dies from basically everything? Isn't that a novel idea? My gosh. And how about this? Instead of just SLOPPILY LABELING ANY DEATH WITH ANY SIMILAR SYMPTOMS THEY BOTHER TO SPECIFY WHAT IS KNOWN. Not what may be, not what is close, but only what is fact. Truth is, NY basically attributed at deaths that may be flu or pneumonia deaths automatically as CV deaths, they weren't required to prove anything. 

Oh, and those tests are proven bull shit. They give out false positives all the time. Go try to actually learn something. Or maybe you can help set up those mobile military emergency tents (that so no patients and were taken down days after they were set up - REMAINING EMPTY THE ENTIRE TIME. 

Or maybe you could help putting together videos for CBS, where they used footage from Italy claiming it was in NY. 

Or maybe you could help set up the refrigerated trucks, that remained empty, but were set up for show propaganda.

Or maybe you could help edit video from 5 years ago, showing bodies in the ocean washing onshore and claim it's from recent CV deaths (That one was so stupid, I can't believe they even tried to sell that bull shit.) 

You're being duped. 

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

How about ICU? Also... was her hospital full of Covid-19 patients at one time?

In any case there are areas that are now filling up. The four-county area around Birmingham, AL had a net -2 available ICU beds as of yesterday. Mayor of Birmingham reported one hospital with 1 bed open, but another with 3 beds converted to ICU duty with two other Hospitals' ICUs full.

Yea, well, they have already lost public trust with their "reports" in the US. Over and over, they were reporting full hospitals, that turned out to be so empty, healthcare workers couldn't even find work. I KNOW people this happened too. Or maybe we should buy the video showing people lining up to be tested, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THE LINE WAS COMPOSED 100% of hospital workers who were told to get in line for the cameras? (I guess they weren't all that busy if they had time to form fake lines for testing - where no one was even tested). 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I do wear masks, and gloves. I look like every other responsible person out there. 

Let me ask you this:    You are in line at a store, ready to check out. You are standing right next the person in front of you, like within 2 feet.  That person in front of you in line, also not wearing a mask,  turns their head to avoid doing so toward the cashier, but then coughs essentially right in your face. 

Tell me that would not bother you one bit. 

Except for the fact that masks don't protect you from such a microbial, infinitesimal virus. But other than that, really good point (rolls eyes). Fabric on masks has far too many large holes to actually be effective against CV. So as you are standing in line (looking like an oaf) in your "12 Monkeys" outfit, you are far from safe. 

The ending of 12 Monkeys explained

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

He doesn't hide in that he stops posting, he hides in that he moves goal posts every time he is busted being wrong. 

No,  its just that you can't comprehend anything.  ( I was never wrong about anything)

But  I guess your thinking was  that  I moved the goal posts when I said I was joking about putting roses on your grave...where you stupidly  believed I was serious.  No, I did'nt move any goal post.  I was just kidding all along.....but you are seriously making me wonder if should not have been. 

44 minutes ago, Icecube said:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/cdc-misleading-covid-testing-data?utm_source=theblaze-breaking

Boombo, floombo, someone got their undies exposed for lying. The CDC stats are hogwash. 

I do seriously have to reconsider  the "joke status"  of my comments. 

No, I won't.  I really don't want you to die.   It is still a joke.

But...if you do, I won't forget to put roses on your grave.     (just tell your family to make sure they tell this board where you are being interred)

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Yea, well, they have already lost public trust with their "reports" in the US. Over and over, they were reporting full hospitals, that turned out to be so empty, healthcare workers couldn't even find work. I KNOW people this happened too. Or maybe we should buy the video showing people lining up to be tested, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THE LINE WAS COMPOSED 100% of hospital workers who were told to get in line for the cameras? (I guess they weren't all that busy if they had time to form fake lines for testing - where no one was even tested). 

Bullshit...

Now care to address my disscetion of your bullshit mask "article"?

49 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Except for the fact that masks don't protect you from such a microbial, infinitesimal virus.

So you think the virus is just floating out there? No transport media? No mucus or saliva droplets?

You are way out of your knowledge base here.

Better stick to trade rumors...

19 hours ago, nickers said:

if you can sense perfume through a mask..

Ummmm... no...

All the scent in perfume is due to vaporized compounds, i.e., gases, so unless you use a plastic bag as a mask...

Masks filter particulates, be they liquid droplets or solid particulate.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

Oh geez, that's a real tough one. How about they report things ACCURATELY instead of just slapping CV19 on anyone who dies from basically everything? Isn't that a novel idea? My gosh. And how about this? Instead of just SLOPPILY LABELING ANY DEATH WITH ANY SIMILAR SYMPTOMS THEY BOTHER TO SPECIFY WHAT IS KNOWN. Not what may be, not what is close, but only what is fact. Truth is, NY basically attributed at deaths that may be flu or pneumonia deaths automatically as CV deaths, they weren't required to prove anything. 

Oh, and those tests are proven bull shit. They give out false positives all the time. Go try to actually learn something. Or maybe you can help set up those mobile military emergency tents (that so no patients and were taken down days after they were set up - REMAINING EMPTY THE ENTIRE TIME. 

Or maybe you could help putting together videos for CBS, where they used footage from Italy claiming it was in NY. 

Or maybe you could help set up the refrigerated trucks, that remained empty, but were set up for show propaganda.

Or maybe you could help edit video from 5 years ago, showing bodies in the ocean washing onshore and claim it's from recent CV deaths (That one was so stupid, I can't believe they even tried to sell that bull shit.) 

You're being duped. 

Wait a second here bud. You just said someone moves the goalposts, and that is EXACTLY what you did here.

You deflected the question. 

So I will ask again. And remember YOU brought up the vast difference in flu. So JUST when it comes to flu/pneumonia/etc., the things you stated accurately are way down, what is the correct answer in what they are coded as. This question has ZERO to do with accident victims, heart attack, etc. being coded that way.

When someone has TESTED POSITIVE or TESTS POSITIVE on autopsy of COVID, how do you suggest they be counted as death? 

You see you are using talking points, blame, false positives etc. Saying report the accurate numbers. So here is your chance. If someone has a positive test, what percentage do you suggest are counted to be accurate? 

You see, my questions have nothing to do with being duped. I just think that if you throw out a statement and links that you should have to defend them. And as I have stated, I am not on either side, so my question is not politically motivated.

47 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Wait a second here bud. You just said someone moves the goalposts, and that is EXACTLY what you did here.

You deflected the question. 

So I will ask again. And remember YOU brought up the vast difference in flu. So JUST when it comes to flu/pneumonia/etc., the things you stated accurately are way down, what is the correct answer in what they are coded as. This question has ZERO to do with accident victims, heart attack, etc. being coded that way.

When someone has TESTED POSITIVE or TESTS POSITIVE on autopsy of COVID, how do you suggest they be counted as death? 

Your missing the point entirely.

1.) The protocol in NY was "Ahhh, if you think it might have been CV, then just go ahead and report at as such, no tests needed. (And we get paid 13k for every case)

2.) The test show false positives all the time. 

That's the last time I'm gonna bother telling you this. 

10 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't believe it is mandated but maybe Gorka will prove me wrong.  However it is a fact that hospitals receive more money (39k) from insurances if a "covid" patient is put on a respirator. I believe they only receive something like 13k normally for patients on respirators. 

Source:  my girlfriend who is a respiration therapist at a big hospital in Columbus. 

Edit

Also if you look at the number of flu,  cold, pneumonia, deaths after this policy was put into effect they have dramatically decreased compared to "normal" statistics from previous years. 

Maybe you could ask your girlfriend what happens to an MD who puts a person on the respirator with a false claim of coronavirus.

That is called fraud and it can get your license to practice yanked, let alone felony charges. Better have a test that proves it to do it.

That is what those who claim this happens fail to say and it is also why it is unlikely on a large scale. Not all of them are the Donald you know.

Some actually have moral fiber.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Your missing the point entirely.

1.) The protocol in NY was "Ahhh, if you think it might have been CV, then just go ahead and report at as such, no tests needed. (And we get paid 13k for every case)

2.) The test show false positives all the time. 

That's the last time I'm gonna bother telling you this. 

You are doing the same thing you accused Gipper of. 

You refusing to answer the question is quite telling. So if you don't want to look like a hypocrite (I'm sure you don't care, it's just a message board after all), try and answer the question that was asked in direct response to your posts and links.

And I NEVER agreed or disagreed about how they are reported or false positives. The thing is that you are using these talking points just like the other side you seem to ridicule for doing that.

I will try this one more time. I am actually saying 100% that flus etc. are way down. But YOU are the one who wrote and posted links about those being down and it being convenient to inflate the COVID numbers.

So, with taking your own words, how should they be labeled? If 100 people die in NY that tested positive, how many of them should be labeled as Covid deaths? Since it is no surprise that flu in way down because of this, what is the % of these deaths that is acceptable to you to count as CV19? I'm not counting someone who died in a car crash and the times they are counted. 

But if you refuse to answer the question, but continue to push that narrative then it looks like spreading propaganda.

The fact that you seem to be missing or just ignoring is that I have no political allegiance and I have no issue with believing someone saying these numbers are, they don't make sense, etc. But what I can't understand and can't respect is throwing things out there and refusing to defend their beliefs/opinions. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

You can't refute a damn thing, because you know if you try, I will come back with the proof to run you over like a Mack Truck. 

Your delusions of grandeur are adorable. 

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

1) How about ICU? Also... was her hospital full of Covid-19 patients at one time?

2) In any case there are areas that are now filling up. The four-county area around Birmingham, AL had a net -2 available ICU beds as of yesterday. Mayor of Birmingham reported one hospital with 1 bed open, but another with 3 beds converted to ICU duty with two other Hospitals' ICUs full.

1) I don't have ICU numbers Tour- because of HIPPA regs, you can't just go snooping around anymore for data you're not authorized to look at. If I was hospitalized at wifie's facility- she couldn't even look up MY test results without getting in serious trouble. 

2) We've been lucky here in Montgomery County so far, with a population of roughly a million. Only a little over 500 covid cases with 14 deaths- so I'd suspect ICUs aren't terribly crowded- yet.  I did head over to the University of Dayton strip to pick up some Italian carryout this evening- and with restaurants and bars now open for business with restrictions- it was a happening place, and most patrons not wearing masks. So we'll see soon enough if you know who's fearless prediction "it's just going to go away"  is right or not.   

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummmm... no...

All the scent in perfume is due to vaporized compounds, i.e., gases, so unless you use a plastic bag as a mask...

Masks filter particulates, be they liquid droplets or solid particulate.

giphy.gif

Thanks- I was concerned- because I'm sure you know if someone is smoking, you can smell tobacco a good 20 feet away if the wind is in the right direction...... 

7 hours ago, Icecube said:

Oh really- it's FOX pal, so don't pull the "it's fake news" gambit.    https://www.fox29.com/news/dr-anthony-fauci-says-us-covid-19-death-toll-likely-higher-than-official-tallies

Learn? My Degree is in Medical Laboratory Science- Class is now in session guy. In case you don't know, I worked in Hospital Labs for 40 years testing stuff like this. I'd suggest you look up what the terms "accuracy", "precision", "specificity", and "sensitivity" mean in regard to a particular laboratory test. I'll even save you the time.  :D   https://www.labtestsonline.org.au/understanding/test-accuracy-and-reliability/how-reliable-is-pathology-testing  LOL, false positives? OTOH, there were a boatload of tests that proved to be false negatives FYI.  BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT SENSITIVE ENOUGH!!!   There's a bunch of different covid tests out there with varying degrees of the previous. And OMG- the rapid test that's being used in the White House has been called into question because when it's results are compared to the gold standard test- which takes a lot more time. There were plenty of false negatives. So boo-hoo to that hypothesis.  

You're being duped. 

& I think you're big on conspiracy theories. You'd fit right in on the Political Forum, Gorka can show you the way. I'm going to do my level best to leave politics out of it here on our football forum.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

You have all this credibility and still aren't seeing what is happening. I'm not gonna be able to wake you, so I'm not gonna try. Peace be with you. 

Oh, I'm as awake as anyone when it comes to our "covid crisis".  This has totally been turned into a political football- and it largely depends on which commentators you want to listen to\believe. I think I have enough intelligence based on what I'm reading from both sides of the spectrum to make up my own mind on the subject. And as I said- what you're seeing- or not- largely depends on your political POV, and I'm leaving the politics out of it. Oh, I could start pointing fingers as to IMHO who turned it into said football (both sides are equally guilty)- but then that's politics, not football. Obviously I'm not going to change your mind either.