THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

The entire point of you only replying to one sentence is not referring to any context whatsoever. 

My entire point to referring to one sentence was just to reply to the content of that one sentence, not the content of your entire point. What is it about that you do not understand. 

I don't see how you or anyone can say he has/hasn't done a good job compared to how others would have. It would all be assumptions.

The fact that you don't see it means nothing to anyone

And if you are referring to other countries, I don't think they are comparable for a huge list of reasons, including things that are present in this thread. And while I think that a bunch of the criticism brought upon Mr. Trump can be attributed to his demeanor, that adds another layer to it as well. Because you know that there are large segments of the population that will either do exactly everything he says or will refuse because he said it. 

Well, while, sure, you can't always compare one nation to another in a lot of ways, I do think that you can compare the leadership, or lack thereof, that various heads of state have brought to this situation.  And, sure, his demeanor certainly does bring a lot of criticism,  but it goes way way beyond that. 

In my opinion, I think that people should do their own research from either a neutral POV or from both sides. Because when people just state things without actually thinking of the counter argument just makes them look uninformed (not specifically saying anyone in particular). The most likely truth is that Mr. Trump has done some "good" things with this and some "bad" things. But along with your demeanor comment, it certainly doesn't help that everything is "perfect". 

Now what would be interesting to see is what the response be from people who are so set against POTUS if it was scientifically proven that hydroxychlorquine is effective if available to the masses if they would take it. If they wouldn't, then in my view they are being hypocritical by saying people are inhumane with refusing to wear masks and vice versa.

Well...that is a big if....considering that the science has shown the opposite.   Everyone would have been more than glad to have had it work. But I think in this case, he is taking it (or he is lying about taking it...which is entirely possible)  is only done out of spite, because I think he has to try to justify his stance. 

Again, I can see things on both "sides" of this argument. I can certainly see the numbers being incorrect, but I also don't automatically look at that as being purposely done. But I actually look each day in my area (and its a small area so not bad at all comparably). And day to day some numbers change, even going down). So by definition one of those days had to have been misreported. That doesn't mean it was done maliciously 

I am sure there is some flexibility in the numbers, but I think they try to be as accurate as humanly possible.  The one thing I do notice is that day by day, the daily numbers seem to go down drastically on Sunday,  but spike up on Monday.  I think that is simply the Health Dept.s catching up on Monday for things that happen on the weekend. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You obviously don't even have an inkling to expand your horizons on looking at things from both sides, and that has been evident in more things than Covid, Trump, etc. But that is besides the point.

I don't think you can look at comparing leaders as it comes to this. 1. Population, demographics, etc. Vary widely. 2. In some of these countries, their isn't a governmental tier system like is in place here. 3. The population density being so diverse in the states makes it difficult. 4. The time-line in which the outbreak occurred. 5. And probably most importantly, the divide in this country is so immense that large amounts of people on both sides refuse to listen to the other. I mean all you have to do is look at the reactions in this thread. People upset about the shutdown and continuance of it in some places. It was 1st instituted by Trump. There is no way for him to be right in that scenario. And maybe not as vehemently, but would be the exact opposite if there were other members in charge. While from my understanding, in other countries the citizens listen to their leaders, and I believe some places masks are MANDATORY. You very well know that wouldn't happen here. 

As for "Trumps" drug, people are saying to wait out the time for a vaccine to come as it has to go through all this testing. The same thing needs to happen for a drug. Depending on what you read or hear, there has been mixed results on HC. I am not saying it will/won't work, I have no clue, but conservatively say it has been 3 months. That really isn't much time to conclude the efficacy. And if you are being honest, you very well know that there are segments of the population that would refuse to take it IF it did work just because it was touted by Trump and its reported that he has a small stake in the drug. 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:37 PM, Icecube said:

All the stats for CV are cooked. Hospitals made huge $ by exaggerating CV

Wrong.  Many of them are losing money.  Nobody wants to go to a hospital right now.  Nobody's having elective surgery.  Violence is down because bars are closed.  -  My son works at a hospital.  Yet another reason that my hair is grey.

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

Wrong.  Many of them are losing money.  Nobody wants to go to a hospital right now.  Nobody's having elective surgery.  Violence is down because bars are closed.  -  My son works at a hospital.  Yet another reason that my hair is grey.

Exactly. My wife works at one of the two major health systems here in Dayton (she's the evening Lab Supervisor), non essential employees are being laid off, and those in essential areas are on reduced hours- use vacation days. She's only working 24 hours a week. 

Is there a possibility some covid deaths are being over counted? As I've said, it all depends on how you want to count. If it was a significant factor in their death, I say yes. Now in the case of John Glenn's 100 year old wife- sorry, that was old age. Which incidentally, can't be listed as the cause of death on a death certificate.  :)  

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

If not prevented, the 2nd wave they will unleash will be far worse - new, more aggressive strain. 

We don't know that yet.  What we do know is the virus can readily mutate, what direction it will mutate in is TBD.  It could just as easily mutate into something completely harmless. Where for art thou now Spanish Flu bug?  

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes many are losing money, but that doesn't dismiss the fact hospitals made "huge" dollars by exaggerating CV...which is mandated. "Huge" is relative btw. It doesn't imply that it covered their losses.

If a person dies of heart disease, but had COVID,  they died of COVID. If a person had only weeks to live because of cancer, and they had COVID, they died of COVID. The deaths are so inflated. This whole fuckin COVID thing is so goddamned phony.

And my son works at a hospital too.

And just recently we had the CDC tell us that COVID doesn't live very long on surfaces after all.

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You obviously don't even have an inkling to expand your horizons on looking at things from both sides, and that has been evident in more things than Covid, Trump, etc. But that is besides the point.

Trust me, I do.  But you bore me, so I don't look at your shit from that perspective. 

I don't think you can look at comparing leaders as it comes to this. 1. Population, demographics, etc. Vary widely. 2. In some of these countries, their isn't a governmental tier system like is in place here. 3. The population density being so diverse in the states makes it difficult. 4. The time-line in which the outbreak occurred. 5. And probably most importantly, the divide in this country is so immense that large amounts of people on both sides refuse to listen to the other. I mean all you have to do is look at the reactions in this thread. People upset about the shutdown and continuance of it in some places. It was 1st instituted by Trump. There is no way for him to be right in that scenario. And maybe not as vehemently, but would be the exact opposite if there were other members in charge. While from my understanding, in other countries the citizens listen to their leaders, and I believe some places masks are MANDATORY. You very well know that wouldn't happen here. 

As for "Trumps" drug, people are saying to wait out the time for a vaccine to come as it has to go through all this testing. The same thing needs to happen for a drug. Depending on what you read or hear, there has been mixed results on HC. I am not saying it will/won't work, I have no clue, but conservatively say it has been 3 months. That really isn't much time to conclude the efficacy. And if you are being honest, you very well know that there are segments of the population that would refuse to take it IF it did work just because it was touted by Trump and its reported that he has a small stake in the drug. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

We don't know that yet.  What we do know is the virus can readily mutate, what direction it will mutate in is TBD.  It could just as easily mutate into something completely harmless. Where for art thou now Spanish Flu bug?  

I know we don't KNOW a 2nd wave will hit, but it wouldn't shock me. And, yes, that Spanish flu did a boatload of damage and then went away. 

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Oh, I know hospitals are generally empty now (but that doesn't fit into the mainstream/govt. narrative). But hospitals get something like $16k for every claimed CV case, so in places like NY they counted every pneumonia death as CV, even though they often didn't even know if CV was involved. Corrupt to the core. 

11 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Oh, I know hospitals are generally empty now (but that doesn't fit into the mainstream/govt. narrative). But hospitals get something like $16k for every claimed CV case, so in places like NY they counted every pneumonia death as CV, even though they often didn't even know if CV was involved. Corrupt to the core. 

1 minute ago, Icecube said:

The US military has been dishing out HC for 50 years to the troops, but now they are saying it might not be "safe?" So we've been making our troops take an "unsafe" drug for 50 years? 

Do they use a needle and a spoon? 

3 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I just love when Rachel Maddow boot lickers are uncovered. It always makes so much sense. 

Its not her boots that I would like to lick.......but, I know, she swings the other way. 

Besides, you have not one fucking clue whatsoever...about that or anything else, clearly. 

....take me down little Suzy Take me down.   I know you think you're the queen of the Underground.  (played it in a band back in the late 70's)

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

"Bore" yeah, lets go with that. Its obvious from history that you resort to that type of speak when you can't continue on intellectually or when you have been proven to have uttered something incorrect. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was just typos or interpreted incorrectly. Don't want to bruise that huge ego of yours.

Have a good evening, stay safe, and God Bless

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Its not her boots that I would like to lick.......but, I know, she swings the other way. 

Besides, you have not one fucking clue whatsoever...about that or anything else, clearly. 

I think that your testosterone and masculinity are low enough that you may appeal to her. 

No, you're thinking of the lib cities: needles all over, human feces in the streets - all those super awesome traits.

You mean like Atlanta, Nashville, Dallas?

You are one fucking dumbass.  Congratulations on your achievement. 

7 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

"Bore" yeah, lets go with that. Its obvious from history that you resort to that type of speak when you can't continue on intellectually or when you have been proven to have uttered something incorrect. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was just typos or interpreted incorrectly. Don't want to bruise that huge ego of yours.

Have a good evening, stay safe, and God Bless

Oh, I can continue....ad infinitum if need be I am interested.  Ask anyone here.   But you don't interest me. 

I think that your testosterone and masculinity are low enough that you may appeal to her. 

Well, at my age and in my condition.....yes, my testosterone is low.  Its true.  Way til you get there.  (hell, right now though, with diminished capacity, I am still probably more virile than you have ever been.)

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, at my age and in my condition.....yes, my testosterone is low.  Its true.  Way til you get there.  (hell, right now though, with diminished capacity, I am still probably more virile than you have ever been.)

Keep telling yourself that, it's cute in a way. 

33 minutes ago, Icecube said:

The US military has been dishing out HC for 50 years to the troops, but now they are saying it might not be "safe?" So we've been making our troops take an "unsafe" drug for 50 years? 

the us military are responsible for The Doors and The Beatles and LSD

Just now, Icecube said:

No worries Gunz, this is what Gip does when he is called to task: retreat and hide. 

No, its what I do when I get bored.  Same as anyone really.   I am not actually contesting a lot of what Gunz says.  Of course he kind of argues out of both sides of his cheeks, which is fine.  With him, it is just somewhat tiresome. 

With you....on the other hand...while your continued mendacity can also be ponderous, it can also occasionally be so ubiquitous as to be slightly amusing. 

So, lets do this:   add to things:    Are you like certain people I know who argue that   "these coronavirus numbers should not be considered right, because most of those cases involve  prisons,  nursing homes, and meat packing plants  and should not be counted as real people dying".  (this person lives in Tennessee, and makes out how Tenn. has been so great when you don't have to count those people, which I guess he does not see as actual human beings)

https://www.the-sun.com/news/819692/kentucky-tennessee-kansas-spike-coronavirus-cases-ease-lockdowns/

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

No, you're thinking of the lib cities: needles all over, human feces in the streets - all those super awesome traits.

Sounds pretty much like a run-of-the-mill Icecube post on here. 

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Transmittable is different than contagious.  

You can transmit HIV, it is however, not contagious.

Are you just fucking around or actually that dense?  I'm hoping the former but these days anymore....ya just don't know.

To me.. Transmittable is about the same.. your still catching something from someone..... The brutal truth is.. it can be spread.. The vehicle in how it gets there is minute to me.. if you can sense perfume through a mask.. Chances are it (A Mask) cannot prevent much else either..

1 hour ago, nickers said:

To me.. Transmittable is about the same.. your still catching something from someone..... The brutal truth is.. it can be spread.. The vehicle in how it gets there is minute to me.. if you can sense perfume through a mask.. Chances are it (A Mask) cannot prevent much else either..

OK, well  I think what you are saying is that  anything that you can get from someone else is "transmittable" or "contagious".   I don't know if  there is a medical distinction between the two.    I'm not a Doctor, and I don't even play one on TV. 

But I do think there is a vast distinction in terms of "Ease of transmitibility"  (not sure that's a word).   

I mean, there is huge difference between  something that you can get just by being in a crowd and by people breathing on you....as can happen with Coronavirus;  and having to fuck someone in the ass or share a drug needle, or somehow share blood or fluids, like with AIDS.  So I would not say that is a "minute"  difference.   Even at that, in the last 40 years when Aids came about,   there have been about 700,000 deaths from that.

I have a good friend of mine whose Dad died of West Nile Virus.  I knew the Dad also.  Over the course of 3 years, in Ohio,   "only" 15 people died of that particular disease. But it was still scary as hell, knowing it was transmitted by mosquitoes.....and that someone you know did.  Since 1999 about 2300 people have died of it in the US...and people are still dying from it....about  51 in the US in 2019. 

Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with bodily fluids,  blood, vomit, feces.  With our superior sanitation in this country that is why it was far less communicable here than in like Africa, where sanitation and hygiene are piss poor in a lot of places.  We had just  2 deaths from Ebola in the US.  Africa had thousands. 

SARS  is also transmitted by  coughing, sneezing, breathing.     So, we could ask:  why were we so much better able to control that than this.  With SARS, there were "only" 774 deaths worldwide....and -0- in the USA.

H1N1  or swine flu:   also transmitted by coughing/sneezing.   And in 2009 we did have 12,469 deaths in the US from it.  That began in April of that year, but the pandemic was declared over by August that same year.   Though, there are still some cases of it that happen even now. 

The "Spanish Flu"  epidemic of 1918-1919  was also transmitted by coughing/sneezing/breathing.   And it killed  40 million worldwide.  That was more than double the number killed in World War I...which was about 20 million.   (By comparison,  about 75 million were killed in WWII.)  In the US  that number was  about 675,000.  But, as I understand,  about 175K of those were in the "first wave"....and the other 500K came in the second wave. 

So, that is a scary thought here. 

Well...there is your  pandemic scorecard, and methods of transmittal.