THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

In PA 3,106 of the citizens have died due to Covid-19. The average age of those that have passed away is 79 years old. To date, of these 3,106 deaths, 2,108 of these persons lived in nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. That means 67.9% those who have died lived in these types of settings. Of the 3,106 persons who have died, 11.9% had 4 comorbidities, 22.7% had 3 comorbidities, 27.2% had 2 comorbidities, 22.6% had 1 comorbidity and 11% had zero comorbidities. While these percentages only add up to 95.4%, these were the statistics that were provided to us verbally. Of the 3,106 persons who died, 61% had hypertension, 54% had heart disease, 37% had diabetes and 30% had chronic pulmonary disease. According to the Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), citing Pennsylvania Department of Health statistics, there are 37,000 beds in Pennsylvania hospitals. As of today, 2,572 of these beds were occupied by Covid-l9 patients, which amounts to 6.95%. There are only 539 patients in the hospitals on ventilators, which amounts to 1.46% of all hospital beds.

I would not put any credibility in any stats you cite.   Sure, maybe a majority of sick people in the US are not coronavirus sufferers....

but for you to downplay it makes you a perfect candidate  to hopefully become a victim. 

30 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

• Haha 2

Anyone who thinks they should take anybody "seriously" on an Internet sports message board might want to re-think things. 

If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

If I'm going to invest any amount of time reading the thoughts of a stranger within a community of mutual passionate fans on topics revolving around a game many of us hold dear, then I prefer to read the words of someone I know won't be wasting my fucking time.

We're all here to share thoughts, insight, musings and to disseminate our love and knowledge of football.

Some are more worthy of the time spent reading their material than others.   The important thing is determining which one's.

You've spent time trying to convince others on this board of things that are out right lies.   But you're going to tell me to "re-think".   Google the word "projection". You might discover something about yourself.

<long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Thanks for the tip.     (News flash:  we never took you seriously heretofore, so you needn't have worried)

Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

Searching for self-validation and worth from a sport Internet message board is a hollow pursuit; it is beyond curious. 

<long whistle sound> Tell me what "lies"I tried to sell people? Are you confusing "opinions" as anything than what they are? Let's just say if you are seeking approval and self-validation from an Internet sports message board, you might be in for a lot of disappointment in life. If you seek to take anyone "serious" from a message board, then, well, good luck to yea. Do you also look to take callers on talk sports radio "serious" as well? No difference. Bizarre. 

No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

Good day, sir.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I buy that over 90,000 are dead from it....maybe more.    I buy that there have been a million and a half cases.  Probably more.

I buy that you could get it and die from it.   I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

I buy that Trump is so spooked about it having been so close to him that he is now trying crazy bullshit to try to avoid getting it.

I buy that as a 68 year old with diabetes it could be deadly for me if I am not careful about things, ergo I am careful. 

And, I will be brutally honest:  rather you than me. 

98352053_10158300621934894_5081509896776581120_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

No, i'm not confusing anything.    And again, if you're talking approval and self validation to someone else, the idea of looking up the word "projection" really applies quite nicely to you. 

Good day, sir.

I see, you answered no specific questions. Just threw mud against the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Don't bother trying to convince the DemoRats anything other than its Trumps fault , of course...

• Haha 1

Who is "we?" Do you have a mouse in your pocket? 

Searching for self-validation and worth from a sport Internet message board is a hollow pursuit; it is beyond curious. 

Then why do you do it? 

And,  Every single other poster on this board is we. 

36 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Gipper is a super left lib? OK, now I get it. 

Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

What I am is anti-ignorant. 

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

98352053_10158300621934894_5081509896776581120_n.jpg

Fine... just give us a reasonable number and we won't bother you until it is exceeded.

And "the flu" doesn't have a "vaccine". Every season gets a best guess cocktail of which "common" strains are most likely to be the most active that season. It's the way it has to be due to production lead time requirements.There have been seasons where they have completely missed the mark.

Covid ain't the flu...

Educating the ignorant...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, The Gipper said:

Are you talking about like  suicide or some such?   I would certainly hope not, considering that we are pushing 90,000 deaths in this country from the virus so far.   And that is why I encouraged him to stick with his love/interest in sports/football/Browns.  You know this being an attorney yourself....it is partly why the term "Counselor" is associated with being an attorney.  When you have clients who have suffered financial devastation...having to go bankrupt or assert other remedies,  or who have  had loved ones die, or who face the breakup of their marriage/family, or who face even criminal prosecution.....you have to give them some kind of  lifesaver to cling on to....some kind of encouragement for hope for something in the future.

Not just that.  It may take 20 years to pan out.

You lose your business and savings, and dream.  Then your family.

You end up sheltering under a bridge.  How long can you expect to do that before you get stabbed or just die?

57 minutes ago, Icecube said:

You attempted to convince us you had organizational sources after hearing about "trade rumors" from your "sources" then admitting it was something you had heard that mroning on national daily NFL talk shows.  Even better, after discovering that notta-one nationally televised show covered the topic you attempted to generate out of thin air, you linked an article from the most obscure corner of the internet that was already months old as your proof.

Your material is a waste of time.  You... are a waste of time.  

Good.  Day.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Not just that.  It may take 20 years to pan out.

You lose your business and savings, and dream.  Then your family.

You end up sheltering under a bridge.  How long can you expect to do that before you get stabbed or just die?

Well, Russ, again, I don't know if you ever practiced  any bankruptcy law,   but I did  quite a bit.   I have seen any number of people do just that.   Lose their business, savings, dreams.     And yes.....to paraphrase the old song:    Bankruptcy and divorce go together like a horse and carriage.  

And, a little inside baseball.....advice I give my clients:    do the bankruptcy first before you do the divorce. If you do it after, you will both have to do it separately, meaning that each would have to pay different lawyers and pay and go through different bankruptcy proceedings.  And often, the bankruptcy relieves the biggest issue in the marriage:  financial stress. (and many of them have stayed together after doing the bankruptcy after that stressor has been removed) 

The point is, this is nothing new in the world.   

I have seen many if not most of those clients make a comeback.  In fact, I had a couple of clients  go bankrupt like 3 times.   And remember, you have to wait  6-8 years before you go again.  They were able to re-establish credit...to the point that they got in trouble again years later.    And I have had bankruptcy clients who were even able to buy a house a year or two after going. 

I don't ever recall that any of them ever had to shelter under a bridge, or get stabbed and die.    Of course,  I wasn't privy to the future  fate of every client that I ever did a bankruptcy for.  But, from my experience, most people are resilient and can and do recover. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Goodness gracious, now you guys are having me "take up" for Gipper. Small world.

While a majority of cases are elderly, there are still cases who are not. And since Gipper actually stated HIS reason, no need to downplay his worry over this virus.

And it makes ZERO sense to say this is political (and I am neither D or R), as what would be the reason for every other country to lie for the US?

Now, I don't think that you are wrong about the hospitals getting the money, and I could see a reasonable amount of inflated numbers. But to compare to the flu is ASININE, especially when you include numbers. 45-65 in a season, compared to the reports of 90 in 2 months.

And another thing that makes zero sense to me is people who talk about listening to the "real news" compared to fake. Well doesn't that just indicate what news you agree with? Because I don't think anyone can convince me that almost EVERY analyst on EVERY "main stream network" is affiliated with the same political party. Heck, 2 years ago one of them was supposed to be the only "real news", then after they cover something in a different view point, they are all of a sudden fake news as well? How does that make sense.

And no, I don't think this is the Presidents fault. Even IF some things could have been handled differently, there isn't a playbook on how to handle this. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, I am more of a centrist politically....as my degree is in political science, and I have studied all kinds of political systems, most of which have little today with the whole "left-right" dichotomy we have in this country.  Test me if you would like. 

What I am is anti-ignorant. 

I find the last line ironic considering the vast bull crap you have bought about CV. 

In PA 3,106 of the citizens have died due to Covid-19. The average age of those that have passed away is 79 years old. To date, of these 3,106 deaths, 2,108 of these persons lived in nursing homes, personal care homes and assisted living residences. That means 67.9% those who have died lived in these types of settings. Of the 3,106 persons who have died, 11.9% had 4 comorbidities, 22.7% had 3 comorbidities, 27.2% had 2 comorbidities, 22.6% had 1 comorbidity and 11% had zero comorbidities. While these percentages only add up to 95.4%, these were the statistics that were provided to us verbally. Of the 3,106 persons who died, 61% had hypertension, 54% had heart disease, 37% had diabetes and 30% had chronic pulmonary disease. According to the Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP), citing Pennsylvania Department of Health statistics, there are 37,000 beds in Pennsylvania hospitals. As of today, 2,572 of these beds were occupied by Covid-l9 patients, which amounts to 6.95%. There are only 539 patients in the hospitals on ventilators, which amounts to 1.46% of all hospital beds.

6 hours ago, Icecube said:

All the stats for CV are cooked

If they're so cooked, then why do you spend the rest of your post quoting them?

If they're cooked.. then I'd expect you to UNCOOK them: To state your hypothesis and show [not using words, using statistics] your reasoning what you think is actually happening.  Instead.. as with all of your posts.. Nothing.

For the uninitiated: Any effect you're asserting has to be larger than what might happen by chance.. or else you've once again got.. nothing.  And how do you know what might happen by chance? Math!

Numbers mean zip by themselves.. it's the context, the explanation that makes them meaningful.

Using your own logic of no proof needed: I think you're a terrorist.  And since no case would be needed in your world, you'd be in prison for life.

This [your assertion you have True Knowledge] is the same level of truth needed to convict someone of witchcraft in the 1600's.

It's almost like you don't have an interest in objective reality.

You know, like a troll.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I find the last line ironic considering the vast bull crap you have bought about CV. 

That just demonstrates how ignorant you are.....as I haven't really "bought" anything about CV.  I just go by facts and science.  Two concepts you are unfamiliar with. 

Here is a fact.   Thus far there have been 27,923  coronavirus cases in Ohio, and 1625  deaths.  That is a fatality rate of 5.82  Percent.   That is a very high death rate compared to flu or whatever you want to cite. 

You cited a bunch of stats...which you chose not to make any sense of as I don't think you have a clue what they meant or what they are all about.    You seem to want to minimalize it by saying:   well, it is just old and sick people that die from it. 

And my retort is:  So What?   Most old sick people are not as callous as you about this. 

What, exactly are you after?   A society based on Logan's Run? 

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

dAnd my retort is:  So What?   Most old sick people are not as callous as you about this. 

What, exactly are you after?   A society based on Logan's Run? 

He has a new Soylent Green plant going in soon.😁🤮

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He has a new Soylent Green plant going in soon.😁🤮

No, we have plenty of food.  They are having to throw away food because they can't get it processed because like  800 people in one meat packing plant came down with the virus.  

Or, is that "fake news" too?  

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-05-01/cdc-nearly-5-000-meat-plant-workers-infected-by-coronavirus

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Fine... just give us a reasonable number and we won't bother you until it is exceeded.

And "the flu" doesn't have a "vaccine". Every season gets a best guess cocktail of which "common" strains are most likely to be the most active that season. It's the way it has to be due to production lead time requirements.There have been seasons where they have completely missed the mark.

Covid ain't the flu...

Educating the ignorant...

It does not excuse the fact Millions die from Influenza and its many strains , year in and year out..... Look in the mirror and observe your own stupidity before calling others... "Ignorant"

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Goodness gracious, now you guys are having me "take up" for Gipper. Small world.

While a majority of cases are elderly, there are still cases who are not. And since Gipper actually stated HIS reason, no need to downplay his worry over this virus.

And it makes ZERO sense to say this is political (and I am neither D or R), as what would be the reason for every other country to lie for the US?

Now, I don't think that you are wrong about the hospitals getting the money, and I could see a reasonable amount of inflated numbers. But to compare to the flu is ASININE, especially when you include numbers. 45-65 in a season, compared to the reports of 90 in 2 months.

And another thing that makes zero sense to me is people who talk about listening to the "real news" compared to fake. Well doesn't that just indicate what news you agree with? Because I don't think anyone can convince me that almost EVERY analyst on EVERY "main stream network" is affiliated with the same political party. Heck, 2 years ago one of them was supposed to be the only "real news", then after they cover something in a different view point, they are all of a sudden fake news as well? How does that make sense.

And no, I don't think this is the Presidents fault. Even IF some things could have been handled differently, there isn't a playbook on how to handle this. 

You mean 90 in 7 months... Covid has been here since nov... So ... what I posted is about right.. most of the numbers are in nursing homes and prisons.. Lake County for example has only 8 deaths...

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Interesting given your attempt at passing off football related falsehoods (rumors) as fact.

But reading the rest of your posts in this thread, at least you're consistent with the bullshit.  I despise when people say something rational then incredibly dumb the next post. Makes it difficult whether they should be taken seriously or not.

I remember his OBJ trade news that we immediately shot down by ever major journalist and both major sports news networks the very next day. It's like the factor of sadness, just keeps giving and giving.

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

Exhibit A people...

All of it completely fabricated. And you still never owned up to being called out on that BS. Man up!

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

You mean 90 in 7 months... Covid has been here since nov... So ... what I posted is about right.. most of the numbers are in nursing homes and prisons.. Lake County for example has only 8 deaths...

Well technically, nobody knows how long it has been here. If it is your intention to take up for the President (nothing wrong with that), that hurts your argument. 

And I am unwilling to use the word only when talking about life. And if you are one of the people who tries to compare this virus to driving and other things that kills more people then you certainly lose all credibility. Not saying that it doesn't, but driving isn't contagious, neither is cancer, etc.

And if this is much ado about nothing, or hoax or whatever you want to label it as, then exactly how do you explain places/situations/cities with closer more frequent contact being at higher risk?

Not wanting to believe everything, statistics, etc is VERY different than calling it a hoax, plan, etc. And it makes ZERO sense why this would be something a political party would do when it is effecting both sides, rich and poor. 

3 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Exhibit A people...

All of it completely fabricated. And you still never owned up to being called out on that BS. Man up!

Not fabricated in the least, they tried to trade him, no one would give up a 1st round pick. He will be gone in 2021. OBJ needs bright lights...LA, Vegas. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, Russ, again, I don't know if you ever practiced  any bankruptcy law,   but I did  quite a bit.   I have seen any number of people do just that.   Lose their business, savings, dreams.     And yes.....to paraphrase the old song:    Bankruptcy and divorce go together like a horse and carriage.  

And, a little inside baseball.....advice I give my clients:    do the bankruptcy first before you do the divorce. If you do it after, you will both have to do it separately, meaning that each would have to pay different lawyers and pay and go through different bankruptcy proceedings.  And often, the bankruptcy relieves the biggest issue in the marriage:  financial stress. (and many of them have stayed together after doing the bankruptcy after that stressor has been removed) 

The point is, this is nothing new in the world.   

I have seen many if not most of those clients make a comeback.  In fact, I had a couple of clients  go bankrupt like 3 times.   And remember, you have to wait  6-8 years before you go again.  They were able to re-establish credit...to the point that they got in trouble again years later.    And I have had bankruptcy clients who were even able to buy a house a year or two after going. 

I don't ever recall that any of them ever had to shelter under a bridge, or get stabbed and die.    Of course,  I wasn't privy to the future  fate of every client that I ever did a bankruptcy for.  But, from my experience, most people are resilient and can and do recover. 

That's really interesting, and it makes sense. 

About people going bankrupt many times, IIRC I heard that many fortunes were made by people who failed and even went bankrupt several times.