THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL / Covid Updates

darren15

Try telling that to the families of over 65,000 people in this country and over 200,000 worldwide who have lost a loved one to it .... MORON ..... Cut his ass

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

cdc just lowered that number.

Wait until they add the number of those who have died in care homes ....

The masks don't even work.. So I don't really know what the big fuss is...

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Try telling that to the families of over 65,000 people in this country and over 200,000 worldwide who have lost a loved one to it .... MORON ..... Cut his ass

CUT HIS ASS...NO,NO,NO,NO,NO...STOP DRINKING THE COOL AID....we all have an opinion! My opinion agrees with him! I wear a mask at work...because I am expendable(essential) I also have COPD,have has quintuple bypass open heart surgery, I have also had pneumonia 4 times in my life,I am also an Esophageal cancer survivor!!!!!! O choose to NOT wear a mask on my own time. Because I am an American! Therefore have the FREEDOM to make my own decisions

I CHOOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST! YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER TO ME! God bless America!!! Land of the Free, because of the brave! Live Long and Prosper! 

GO BROWNS!!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, BrownsnMopar said:

CUT HIS ASS...NO,NO,NO,NO,NO...STOP DRINKING THE COOL AID....we all have an opinion! My opinion agrees with him! I wear a mask at work...because I am expendable(essential) I also have COPD,have has quintuple bypass open heart surgery, I have also had pneumonia 4 times in my life,I am also an Esophageal cancer survivor!!!!!! O choose to NOT wear a mask on my own time. Because I am an American! Therefore have the FREEDOM to make my own decisions

I CHOOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE TO THE FULLEST! YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER TO ME! God bless America!!! Land of the Free, because of the brave! Live Long and Prosper! 

GO BROWNS!!!!!!! 

This post highlights all of the best and worst aspects of the US

• Thanks 1

It's not the mask bit that bothers me it's the so called disease comment.....I have a cousin who is an RN on a covid floor in Manchester UK....   maybe he can do her 12 hour shift, then he can worry about getting sick himself while trying to save lives.... what an entitled gobshite he is...  fuck him I hope every field goal attempt and extra point goes wide left but Browns still win....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, darren15 said:

It's not the mask bit that bothers me it's the so called disease comment.....I have a cousin who is an RN on a covid floor in Manchester UK....   maybe he can do her 12 hour shift, then he can worry about getting sick himself while trying to save lives.... what an entitled gobshite he is...  fuck him I hope every field goal attempt and extra point goes wide left but Browns still win....

I took his tweet as being against the war, and the policy makers that engineer that war, and not against the soldiers.

You can be both against a war and support the troops. 

I just don’t get this line of thinking, it’s fundamentally baffling to me. Like, whats the argument? Who would be in favor of this being a hoax or made up or exaggerated? Idc what your political beliefs are. Doing rough math almost 20% of this country is unemployed, underemployed, or ya know dead. Who the fuck wins here?

sure, America allows you to have your dumb opinion. But I’d love to get Austin on tv to explain his reasons. I absolutely guarantee you his response would break down to “I don’t want to do this for the betterment of others so I shouldn’t have to”. Such a sad state of affairs.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

The dumbest part is calling it a "disease".

Kickers should never be heard from.

Just ask Peyton Manning.

Z

Is having a virus a "disease"?   I kind of think it is,  but I am  no doctor, so I don't know what the proper terminology wold be there.  That might be the only part of his meme I may not take issue with. 

As for "doesn't do anything":

Deaths:

It's the inverted commas that suggests he doesn't believe that it is a disease.

What these type of morons don't understand is that yes, covid doesn't really do anything to the majority of the population, thank god. The mask wearing is to protect the vunerable, not the fit and healthy. These pricks could have had zero symptoms and infected 100's without even knowing.

Everyone can have an opinion, everyone can look completely stupid too.

• Upvote 2

Not knowing something does not make stupid. 

What makes you looks stupid is being ignorant about something and calling it out. 

He should go and volunteer in one of the hundreds of hospitals around the world where thousands of workers have been fighting against the virus for months. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

23 hours ago, nickers said:

The masks don't even work.. So I don't really know what the big fuss is...

Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Since cloth masks protect others and not the wearer, it's very brave of you to be will to share your potential infection with others as a final gesture.

Do you plan on refusing vaccination when the time comes as well?

Really? So all the medical professionals clamoring for N95 masks are wrong?

It doesn't prevent you from getting sick.. It might prevent people from infecting others.. So they say..I think it's bunk...

14 minutes ago, nickers said:

It doesn't prevent you from getting sick.. It might prevent people from infecting others.. So they say..I think it's bunk...

Apparently you have seen none of the demonstrations of how far a cough goes with and without a mask. It's quite impressive. And you wear it in case you are one of the unsymptomatic virus carriers.

It is a pretty terrible disease that is brand new to humanity.  It affects the entire body unlike anything else.  Siebert needs to make a friend who's an internal med doc.

Any and all assertion that pandemics are unexpected/unpredictable/unable to be planned for are.. lying to your face. H1N1 started in 2008 in.. California. Spanish Flu started in 1917 in.. Kansas.  You obviously can't predict the specific thing that's going to be a pandemic.. but you do know for certain that on average every 10 years a pandemic is going to hit.  When you hear "We Didn't Know" you should substitute "We Chose to Give Money to Billionaires and Let Citizens Die Rather Than Spend Money on Stocking Necessary Items And Paying For Research Into Therapies."  It's a policy choice.. the debate we should be having is how to structure our government [and society, and life] to respond to the reality that our future includes pandemics - whether we like it or not..

Our current model for funding drug research [and antiviral therapies] has to change

This should be simple - but it won't be.  For pandemics, you need to attack them and stop transmission BEFORE enough people get infected to the point that it's profitable for "private sector" to sell an intervention.  The needs of our citizens outweigh the needs of big pharma.

What will the future look like regarding covid?

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 2:45 AM, Claret&Brown said:

What these type of morons don't understand is that yes, covid doesn't really do anything to the majority of the population, thank god. The mask wearing is to protect the vunerable, not the fit and healthy.

COVID 19 HAS killed young people...people in their 30's & 40's.  Some younger folk that have had it have stated that it Kicked Their Ass!   It attacks the lungs and can, if severe enough, scar lung tissue that once scarred never gets un-scarred.  COVID triggers your immune system but those little crime-stoppers get confused so they're killing good cells as well as bad cells indiscriminately.  And if things snow ball you die...not so much FROM the virus, but BECAUSE of the virus.

I haven't been out but to a couple of hardware stores, a couple or few times.  I hate the mask.  But I wear it.  And we wear it for two reasons.  1)  To protect others in case we have it and don't know it yet.  2)  Because it makes those around us less stressed.  -  It may give the wearer just a little bit of protection from the virus also.

The mask wearing hasn't been implemented here in the uk because the government are scared the general public will buy all the available masks and leave the nurses/healthcarers without them, such is the shortage of masks. There is still quite a few people wearing them but a minority. I've hardly been out the house for 6 weeks now but if I had to wear one I would do so no problem. 

A relative of mine who is a healthcare worker has bemoaned some of her colleagues turning in to work kitted out in masks/visors/gloves by stating that no one has covid19 at their care home so why are they wearing all of that?!!! She has also said that anyone who will turn into work knowing there is covid19 present doesn't care about their own family!!   I'm quite glad that I am unable to see her for the forseeable future.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's refreshing to see posters with common sense react to something like this

The poli board tho... woooh boy. That's another story

Because posters with common sense don't bother with the MAGA cesspool that is the Political Board. 

That forum should be forced to ingest Clorox. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because posters with common sense don't bother with the MAGA cesspool that is the Political Board. 

Lol, no....but maybe smoke some weed, chill some folks out.

Sometimes it gets nasty in there, but it can be entertaining.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Post of the COVID-19 year.🤣

PS-I think I may have mentioned that a fellow football coaching friend of my son's, a guy in excellent shape and health, died a couple of weeks ago at I think age 38 leaving behind a widow and pre-teen daughter. This thing may hit the older badly more often, but it can still kill you regardless.

Either that or 'like a miracle it will just go away."👱‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1