THE BROWNS BOARD

Four NFL players were taken into custody on Saturday 5-16-20

mjp28

Four NFL players were taken into custody on Saturday 5-16-20

Michael David Smith
ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsMay 17, 2020, 8:44 AM EDT

The NFL had an ugly day on Saturday.

Four NFL players were taken into police custody in a span of less than 24 hours from early Saturday morning to Saturday evening.

The first player arrested was Washington wide receiver Cody Latimer, in an incident that started with a shots fired call shortly after midnight. Latimer was booked on charges of assault in the second degree, menacing, illegal discharge of a firearm, prohibited use of a weapon and reckless endangerment.

During the day on Saturday two NFL players, Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback Deandre Baker both turned themselves in. Arrest warrants were issued for the two players on Thursday, after Baker was accused of using a semi-automatic firearm on Wednesday to rob multiple people, with Dunbar’s help, of more than $11,000 in cash plus watches and other valuables worth more than $60,000.

On Saturday evening, Bills defensive lineman Ed Oliver was arrested on charges of DWI and unlawful possession of a weapon.

At a time when NFL facilities are closed and offseason work is all done virtually, players may have more time and more opportunities to get themselves into trouble. That came to a head on Saturday.

Four NFL players were taken into custody on Saturday originally appeared on Pro Football Talk

Sorry for Ed... not in the same league as the other three...

... but this comment made me laugh...

image.png.735752113b4b46e63666a4f885aff19c.png

Wasn't all that long ago Texas had no open container law.

My little city still has a Daiquiri Bar with a drive-thru window.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Plus it is legal to carry a loaded gun in you car even without any LTC. It's considered an extension of your castle that you may defend.

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

During the day on Saturday two NFL players, Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback Deandre Baker both turned themselves in. Arrest warrants were issued for the two players on Thursday, after Baker was accused of using a semi-automatic firearm on Wednesday to rob multiple people, with Dunbar’s help, of more than $11,000 in cash plus watches and other valuables worth more than $60,000.

Wtf is this about????? 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

There may be a silver lining to the covid crisis up North Tour. Due to disastrous no in house dining for restaurants- there's a "temporary" relaxation in the rules, that some legislators are trying to make permanent- you can now get high octane cocktails "to go"- with some restrictions- here in Ohio.  I can now get two of the famous "Best in Dayton", for real- full proof Bad Juan Margaritas from the Elsa's down the street, as long as I buy an entree to go with them. BTW, when there was such a thing as in house seating- there's was a limit of three Bad Juans to a customer,  and the waitresses do keep count.  :)   

PS- Elsa's is a small local chain with about 5 locations. The good guvnor opened patio dining a few days ago. The one not immediately in my neighborhood does have a patio- and it was Katie Bar the Door, folks were lining up to have a decent drink for a change.  

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Wtf is this about????? 

Armed robbery at some gathering... assault with a deadly weapon...

'Merican stuff like that...

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Armed robbery at some gathering... assault with a deadly weapon...

'Merican stuff like that...

It never ceases to amaze me this kind of stuff happening... But a NFL player??? Really??? 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

There may be a silver lining to the covid crisis up North Tour. Due to disastrous no in house dining for restaurants- there's a "temporary" relaxation in the rules, that some legislators are trying to make permanent- you can now get high octane cocktails "to go"- with some restrictions- here in Ohio.  I can now get two of the famous "Best in Dayton", for real- full proof Bad Juan Margaritas from the Elsa's down the street, as long as I buy an entree to go with them. BTW, when there was such a thing as in house seating- there's was a limit of three Bad Juans to a customer,  and the waitresses do keep count.  :)   

PS- Elsa's is a small local chain with about 5 locations. The good guvnor opened patio dining a few days ago. The one not immediately in my neighborhood does have a patio- and it was Katie Bar the Door, folks were lining up to have a decent drink for a change.  

The whole beer delivery phenomenon that sprang up in Ohio like 2 days after this all started has been nice, but it all reeks of the man trying to keep us down.

Evil Politician 1: However will we keep the population sedated during this pandemic?

Evil Politician 2: I know, we will deliver them beer. Mua ha ha ha...

From the "dumbasses will be dumbasses" file.......

Bills DT Ed Oliver arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated, unlawfully carrying handgun

Liz Roscher
Yahoo SportsMay 17, 2020, 10:18 AM EDT

Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Ed Oliver was arrested on Saturday night outside of Houston, Texas, on charges of driving while intoxicated and unlawfully carrying a handgun.

According to the Montgomery County Police Reporter, Oliver, 22, was pulled over on State Highway 242 after a concerned motorist called 911 to report that a white Ford Super Duty pickup truck with a “dune buggy” on the back was driving erratically and speeding through a 45 mph construction zone. When he was pulled over, Oliver reportedly had an open beer between his legs and was asked to do a field sobriety test, though officers at the scene weren’t sure if he was impaired by alcohol or another substance.

Video of the traffic stop shows Oliver doing a field sobriety test in a Bills T-shirt before being arrested.

A search of the car turned up a pistol, and Oliver was booked on a weapons charge in addition to the DWI charge. New York Upstate reported that Oliver was taken to Kingswood Hospital for a mandatory blood draw before he was taken to the Montgomery County Jail.

"We are aware of the situation and we are gathering more information," the Bills said in a statement released to ESPN. "We will have no further comment at this point."

Oliver was standout at the University of Houston before being drafted by the Bills’ with the ninth overall pick in 2019. In his rookie year he contributed 42 tackles and five sacks to the Bills’ excellent defense, but his contributions to the Bills in the upcoming season could be dampened by a possible suspension resulting from his arrest. A three-game suspension is outlined in the NFL’s rules for first-time offenses involving alcohol, though the player must be convicted or admit wrongdoing first.

According to Mycah Hatfield of Houston’s ABC13, Oliver posted bond on Sunday morning and was released.

Here's the amazing or maybe not so amazing part a 21 year old young stud gets a $12.2M signing bonus with a guaranteed $19.6M contract........what could go wrong there ?

Oh well.......

Current Contract

Ed Oliver signed a 4 year, $19,565,156 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $12,249,204 signing bonus, $19,565,156 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,891,289. In 2020, Oliver will earn a base salary of $1,389,325, while carrying a cap hit of $4,451,626 and a dead cap value of $16,007,855.

22 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

If it’s not in plain view. 

And you’re not driving while intoxicated.... like Tour. 😎

LOL! Since I have the LTC I can keep it in plain view and even wear it in plain view. But only a fool puts his hand on the table.🃏🤠

1 hour ago, Orion said:

It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that the country is a safer place if everyone walks around with a gun.

Well, here are some stats:

1.  About 63% of all gun deaths are self inflicted suicide.

2. Another 22%  are committed against the gun owners spouse, or by the spouse against the gun owner. (or on another family member child/parent etc.)

3. About 1-2% are prisoner on prisoner murders  (though that makes up about 5% of all murders, more often than not a gun is not involved)

4.  That leaves like only 13 or 14%.     And probably  like 10%  are gang/drug related murders.  (where the victim is not law enforcement

So, that leaves like 3-4%  which are "stranger" related homicides, not gang or drug related. 

About  1 % of that are police officers killed in the line of duty.

Another 1% if that are the multiple murderer scenarios:  mass killings/serial killers. 

Maybe another one percent are "felony homicides"....i.e. where someone is killed in the course of another crime  (like robbing then killing them)

So, it is only like that 1%....or another one percent of killings in stranger to stranger homicides that those guys with the guns are supposedly thinking they are protecting themselves from. 

And the above just deals with  what are considered purposeful gun deaths.  Statistically,  those guys are more likely to shoot themselves by accident than they are to be shot at by some strangers. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Here's the amazing or maybe not so amazing part a 21 year old young stud gets a $12.2M signing bonus with a guaranteed $19.6M contract........what could go wrong there ?

Oh well.......

Current Contract

Ed Oliver signed a 4 year, $19,565,156 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $12,249,204 signing bonus, $19,565,156 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $4,891,289. In 2020, Oliver will earn a base salary of $1,389,325, while carrying a cap hit of $4,451,626 and a dead cap value of $16,007,855.

Meaning he can afford a real good DUI lawyer....  ;) 

On 5/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Orion said:

It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that the country is a safer place if everyone walks around with a gun.

A good portion of this country are out-of-the-closet ammosexuals. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, here are some stats:

1.  About 63% of all gun deaths are self inflicted suicide.

2. Another 22%  are committed against the gun owners spouse, or by the spouse against the gun owner. (or on another family member child/parent etc.)

And the above just deals with  what are considered purposeful gun deaths.  Statistically,  those guys are more likely to shoot themselves by accident than they are to be shot at by some strangers. 

That goes sound about right.  So of all gun deaths about 85% are suicide or your honey finally caught you.   :o

Stay tuned to the NFL police blotter for more exciting dumbass news.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

That goes sound about right.  So of all gun deaths about 85% are suicide or your honey finally caught you.   :o

Stay tuned to the NFL police blotter for more exciting dumbass news.

Or go to Direct TV ID Channel 285 where legitimate murders take place.😁

Oh yay, gun arguments.  Always great on a football forum.  The only cooler topic would be abortion.

Speaking of which, you had a far higher chance of being aborted, than you ever will of being shot.  Congratulations and give your mom a hug.

11 hours ago, htownbrown said:

Oh yay, gun arguments.  Always great on a football forum.  The only cooler topic would be abortion.

Speaking of which, you had a far higher chance of being aborted, than you ever will of being shot.  Congratulations and give your mom a hug.

Discipline at htownbrown's home: "Just remember son I brought you into this world and I can damn sure take you out!"😘

Oh boy !   Just mix religion, politics and gun talk together and stand back.

Hours of pointless fun !

professional-burnout-syndrome-exhausted-sick-260nw-1433996435.jpg