THE BROWNS BOARD

Meet Bill Callahan

gumby73

Bill certainly didn't say anything to make ya dislike him.  He sounds good!

Said he doesn't really know the RG position guys but that there's enough of 'em there that 'somebody' will rise to the top through his teachings.  So certainly, HE doesn't see anyone as the clear cut starter right now.

He likes the wide zone because it's a 'simpler' scheme.  It doesn't stress the OLinemen with so much stuff to be bouncing around in their brains.  Coupled with the fact that it makes all plays, pass, run, whatever, look the same....it sounds like a good scheme.  

A couple of the questioners DID mention that this whole virus change to the offseason would have more affect on his team because everything is new...as compared to other teams who already know their scheme, plays, coaches etc.  He didn't want to go in that direction and pretty much stated that everyone is in the same boat whenever he could.  But I think he understands deep down that this has to stunt the progress but that he's doing everything he possibly can so that when they DO get 'on the grass' as he said, they'll be ready to go with at least 'some' understanding of what they're all supposed to do and have some of the new techniques in their minds.

I like him A LOT better than the magician walrus that didn't believe in stretching we had a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

And Bill likes our new HC...

Full text below.... 21-minute video in article.

Veteran OL Coach Bill Callahan very impressed with 1st year HC Kevin Stefanski who 'has a plan for everything'

Nathan Zegura

Bill Callahan came to the Browns this offseason in a highly lauded move that saw first-year Head Coach Kevin Stefanski add a veteran coach with 40 years of experience, including 25 in the NFL with stints as a head coach, offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.   

As excited as Stefanski was to bring Callahan into his staff, the veteran was equally thrilled to join Stefanski and the Browns organization. Currently, Callahan is dialed into his Zoom meetings but can't wait to "get on the grass" with his guys and get to work for the upcoming season.  

Asked what he has seen from the first-time head coach in these difficult times, Callahan made it clear that Stefanski has already made a strong impression.

"He's been awesome ... in every respect," Callahan said. "Organizationally, communicatively he's really reached out to everybody and has everybody involved from top to bottom … I like the inclusiveness and I just love the way he communicates. He's well-measured and he's well thought out and he has a plan for everything. And if he doesn't know, he's humble enough to say 'you know, I gotta do this a little differently, what do you guys think?'"

Overall, Callahan couldn't be happier to be a part of the Browns staff. 

"It's really, really positive. I'm happy for (Stefanski) that he's the head coach and I'm very, very honored to be working for him as an assistant."

Callahan joined Cleveland Browns Daily on Friday to talk about his career, his coaching philosophy, this coaching staff, Jedrick Wills Jr., Jack Conklin, JC Tretter, Joe Thomas and the challenges of coaching in a Zoom world during a fun and wide-ranging interview.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/veteran-ol-coach-bill-callahan-very-impressed-with-1st-year-hc-kevin-stefanski-w

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1