THE BROWNS BOARD

Saints release Warford

cambridgeho

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Like I said above, admittedly I am no expert on  the evaluation and scouting of  offensive linemen. I don't even pretend to play one on TV.  But to say that a multiple Pro Bowl player at a position "does not fit our system"    sounds like me saying  to someone:  "Oh,  I won the  UK lottery...10 million pounds....or Euros or whatever....I could not possibly accept that money because, you know,  it doesn't fit the monetary system I am used to".  I would do the fucking conversion, thanks.   Such a specious position. 

Not making an evaluation on any one player, but players certainly are better equipped in certain systems. For example, with his skill set, you think it would be a good idea for Brady to be the QB in a Triple Option? Or how about Tebow in a West Coast offense? Or you think maybe this year the Ravens will let Lamar throw it 60 times?

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I am not going to respond to all of this because you obviously don't even want to "look at yourself in the mirror".

I will simply reply to a couple.

Thank you for making a point against yourself. Me saying anything about your trivia is EXACTLY what you would say there, technically being critical (even though I don't know that I was ever critical). Even if I were, that doesn't mean I ever said I could do better or wanting to do it.

The point with Mr. Shula isn't and never was that he won a SB with 2 teams. It was at the time of the original discussion that he won his league (which is true, and never will change). But since you brought it up, no it isn't like a conference champion, it would be like the NFL champion playing the XFL champion. But that wasn't even the point of me bringing it up in this discussion. The point of me bringing it up was the fact you stated that NOBODY (not meaning individuals) recognized that, when in fact both the NFL and ESPN certainly have. But hey, why should we listen to them when we can to Gipper.

And no, I don't think you are a jerk because I disagree with you, and its not just stating your opinion. Its the way you state that opinion. You have frequently been rude/nasty to others in stating that opinion. And there have been times I agreed with your opinion and still thought you went about it in a crappy way with others. If you don't see anything wrong then it is what it is. 

And sorry pal, you missed a point again. I'll bet there are a vast majority of people who make errors on here and aren't called out. The difference is that they don't post with the arrogance that is perceived by others about you on here. You aren't being called out because of a difference in opinion. Having a different opinion and a discussion isn't calling out someone. And by the way, your were not compared to Ghoolie because of any variant positions. You were compared to him for having a different persona on here than in real life. That is unless what I have heard is incorrect and you are actually a rude, know it all jerk all the time. In which case then I will take back comparing you to him, as it was just meant in the sense of acting differently in real life and on the board

But if you don't see anything wrong/different (whatever word you want to use) with the way you communicate on here and how it can be perceived or different from others then nothing I or anyone else says will ever change your mind. Again all I am saying is that if you get into arguments (or are blocked, etc.) with multiple people then the only common thing in all of those is you. So by pure data and fact the evidence would point to the possibility of you being the issue. For instance, if I have been married and divorced 10 times, would it seem more likely that all 10 of them was the problem or maybe me? 

Too much BS not going to bother 

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A 1st round OG?

No LB or edge or S next season would have been even in the second round this year.. Even WR outside of JaMarr Chase and Justyn Ross looks grim.

Sure, BPA, but Deonte will be one of the last remaining plus players inthe bottom half of the first.

There's always the worst possible option: Another first-round TE! Wydermyer from TAMU.

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Too much BS not going to bother 

EXACTLY. You showing your true colors pal. 

You reply all the time with people in long posts, and a lot of the time in a rude manner. But yet someone responds to you and its BS and not worth it. 

So again, you sir come off as a big prick on here. Not just in my opinion, but to a vast majority of the posters. 

And you want to act as if you are so superior in knowledge to everyone else, yet you get bent out of shape with others having a differing opinion. 

But let's even take me out of the equation this time. Same deal as before, let's do a poll and see who people respect more between you and the numerous other people you spew your venom at frequently. And if you win they leave, and vice versa.

Or if you don't like that deal (since then where would you get to act like a narcissistic jerk), let's just see by going back through some old posts of yours and the guy you called names because he blocked you and see how many times that person said something wrong/error/etc. , and instead of admitting it dug their feet in just to "not be wrong." One example (of quite a few): NOBODY recognized Colts as a league champion. That has been PROVEN incorrect, and yet you still won't admit your error. There has ALWAYS been a difference in what you correctly were asserting (they didnt win the SB) and what was said is that they were recognized as their league champion. And even if you had said your opinion it wouldn't have been such a deal, but no with you being so set in you proclaimed that nobody thought differently than you. And you sure as heck won't read to see how my analogy of NFL/XFL is way more comparable than your conference example. 

But again, we all know you won't respond to this because you have such a high opinion of yourself and any indication that you aren't this all knowing, genius about everything. 

And your other part in this thread about system fit just shows that all you are is a little fan boy. But we can even put it in terms you DO know something about. What if we took a top of his field divorce lawyer (Pro Bowl G Warford, Saints system) and inserted him into a murder trial (Browns system). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I think Gipper found his soul mate.

Gipper and Gunz, sittin’ in a tree. A-R-G-U-I-N-G.

No,  Gunz is all alone in that tree. I have not even read the last several of his posts. He says he is not obsessed, but then he apparently goes on and on and on obsessing. 

I will churn thy butter - Album on Imgur

On 5/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, Unsympathetic said:

No LB or edge or S next season would have been even in the second round this year.. Even WR outside of JaMarr Chase and Justyn Ross looks grim.

Sure, BPA, but Deonte will be one of the last remaining plus players inthe bottom half of the first.

There's always the worst possible option: Another first-round TE! Wydermyer from TAMU.

Agree that the 2021 class is not looking very strong right now, but the underclass is yet to be heard from.

The 2020 class was improved considerably by its underclass declarations. Same is true of most classes.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, Ibleedbrown said:

I think Gipper found his soul mate.

Gipper and Gunz, sittin’ in a tree. A-R-G-U-I-N-G.

Maybe but gotta give Gunz points for trying an approach I've never seen tried before...

On 5/12/2020 at 12:12 PM, Gunz41 said:

But we can even put it in terms you DO know something about. What if we took a top of his field divorce lawyer (Pro Bowl G Warford, Saints system) and inserted him into a murder trial (Browns system). 

Well player, sir...

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe but gotta give Gunz points for trying an approach I've never seen tried before...

You mean talking to himself?

Well player, sir...

While I did not read Gunz post  (would have fallen asleep).....on this point.....You might be surprised to know that, at least in the area I practice in (Akron...and some in Cleveland)  , often times the top criminal lawyers also do a lot of divorce work.   They are both litigative skills and those skills can adapt to both areas of law practice.

Now...if he had known much about the practice of law....he would have said "take a top Probate Lawyer and put him into a murder trial"...well, then, there you may have had something.    But that would be more analogous to  taking  a cornerback and asking him to play Right Guard, and you would never try that.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I'll take your word for it on that. I certainly don't know about different types of lawyers. Yet I am sure the point wasn't lost on even you. The point wasn't to say that either type couldn't excel in a different subsection/system, it is that just inserting someone in a specified area doesn't always end in stellar results. As an example (and to take your general field out of the equation), take the top plastic surgeon in the country, how would you expect his skills to transfer into a neurosurgeon?

I guess we will have to disagree on the other point you were trying to make with CB and OG. I would actually say a better analogy would be a court stenographer and lawyer i.e. same field (law vs. Football)

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I'll take your word for it on that. I certainly don't know about different types of lawyers. Yet I am sure the point wasn't lost on even you. The point wasn't to say that either type couldn't excel in a different subsection/system, it is that just inserting someone in a specified area doesn't always end in stellar results. As an example (and to take your general field out of the equation), take the top plastic surgeon in the country, how would you expect his skills to transfer into a neurosurgeon?

I guess we will have to disagree on the other point you were trying to make with CB and OG. I would actually say a better analogy would be a court stenographer and lawyer i.e. same field (law vs. Football)

No, I think my analogy is better.  A RG and a CB still play in the same field, as does a litigation attorney and a probate attorney.  Your analogy would be more like  a football player to a trainer. 

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, I think my analogy is better.  A RG and a CB still play in the same field, as does a litigation attorney and a probate attorney.  Your analogy would be more like  a football player to a trainer. 

Incorrect. The original context of this was just plug and play a Pro Bowl G. They are in the same field, yet require very different skill sets. 

Again, I know little about the different types of lawyers, but just saying that some top criminal lawyers also do divorce law in Ohio is besides the point. That is just taking out a small section. Sure it can happen, just as there are players you can place in any kind of system, but to rely on that as the standard is incorrect. 

But good luck with that plastic surgeon when you have a serious medical issue. And when that fails and you get revenge for the botched surgery, good luck with that divorce lawyer defending you for capital crimes. But we all know at your sentencing you will say "f you guys, I was right."

Good day sir

51 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Incorrect. The original context of this was just plug and play a Pro Bowl G. They are in the same field, yet require very different skill sets. 

Again, I know little about the different types of lawyers, but just saying that some top criminal lawyers also do divorce law in Ohio is besides the point. That is just taking out a small section. Sure it can happen, just as there are players you can place in any kind of system, but to rely on that as the standard is incorrect. 

But good luck with that plastic surgeon when you have a serious medical issue. And when that fails and you get revenge for the botched surgery, good luck with that divorce lawyer defending you for capital crimes. But we all know at your sentencing you will say "f you guys, I was right."

Good day sir

Well,   you are kind of all over the place here.    Obviously, if you have a plug and play Pro Bowl OG with Warford we wouldn't be having a discussion, except to ask.."how much"  .  But, per you, perhaps, or at least per others,  we have opinions that say that he "may not"  fit whatever blocking system the Browns intend to employ.    Well....the first observation here is that I am not going to take your word on that, or anyone else's here.  That decision is above all your pay grades (and mine).   I will see what the Browns and their scouting/coaching departments say/think about that.   Even if he were a perfect fit, that would not mean they would go after him because of the money issues.  Who knows.  

But, you analogy was  this:    You are a person charged with a criminal offense. Naturally, you want an experienced  criminal defense attorney handling your case.  But I say:  If I can't have a criminal defense attorney, I want an attorney with litigation experience;  or alternatively, an attorney with legal experience.   You seem to be saying that you would rather have the court stenographer handling your case than the divorce or probate attorney. 

So, good luck with that.    I will quote a Westside Steve/Easy Street lyric:  "I will send you a file in a cake". 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well,   you are kind of all over the place here.    Obviously, if you have a plug and play Pro Bowl OG with Warford we wouldn't be having a discussion, except to ask.."how much"  .  But, per you, perhaps, or at least per others,  we have opinions that say that he "may not"  fit whatever blocking system the Browns intend to employ.    Well....the first observation here is that I am not going to take your word on that, or anyone else's here.  That decision is above all your pay grades (and mine).   I will see what the Browns and their scouting/coaching departments say/think about that.   Even if he were a perfect fit, that would not mean they would go after him because of the money issues.  Who knows.  

But, you analogy was  this:    You are a person charged with a criminal offense. Naturally, you want an experienced  criminal defense attorney handling your case.  But I say:  If I can't have a criminal defense attorney, I want an attorney with litigation experience;  or alternatively, an attorney with legal experience.   You seem to be saying that you would rather have the court stenographer handling your case than the divorce or probate attorney. 

So, good luck with that.    I will quote a Westside Steve/Easy Street lyric:  "I will send you a file in a cake". 

No, you obviously read something the way you go about everything else on here, through a predetermined lens.

Not once did I say anything close to I would rather have a stenographer, etc. Show where anything close to that is associated with my name?

What I said is that its more applicable comparing a stenographer/lawyer with your OG/CB comparison (same general field; law and football) as compared to 2 different types of lawyers (I would say that is more comparing OG vs OT for instance. 

Its amazing that others understood the point, but whatever. And while everyone can see that your football knowledge "skill set" would be relegated to history and mine the actual game, you trying to impune me by linking me or others as telling you to trust us (much less over ones that is their job) is asinine. 

But what is really telling is that you posted that you didnt read my reply, yet you knew what I wrote. I wonder how that works??? Sure seems like you just wanted to point out you didnt read it for some strange Gipper reason?

And why no retort to NFL/XFL? How is Jets playing in AFL and Colts in NFL akin to AFC and NFC? Because you want it to be? Because you know what the key difference is? They played in DIFFERENT leagues, no common opponents. They were the same NFL champion in 1968 season as the Packers were in 1965 season

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

No, you obviously read something the way you go about everything else on here, through a predetermined lens.

Not once did I say anything close to I would rather have a stenographer, etc. Show where anything close to that is associated with my name?

What I said is that its more applicable comparing a stenographer/lawyer with your OG/CB comparison (same general field; law and football) as compared to 2 different types of lawyers (I would say that is more comparing OG vs OT for instance. 

And I say that the better analogy is comparing a criminal lawyer with a probate lawyer is more like comparing an OG to a CB.  They are in the same football field:   football player/lawyer.     You saying that  a criminal lawyer compared to a stenographer is the same analogy...it is not.  Both the probate lawyer and the criminal lawyer have law degrees and practice law.....both the  OG and the CB  have football degrees and practice football.  The stenographer/trainer do not have law/football degrees.  That is the more analogous example. 

Its amazing that others understood the point, but whatever.

What do you mean "others"?  There ain't nobody else here talking about this.  Just you and me bub. 

nd while everyone can see that your football knowledge "skill set" would be relegated to history and mine the actual game, you trying to impune me by linking me or others as telling you to trust us (much less over ones that is their job) is asinine. 

Not real sure this is comprehensible....so I will just repeat what I said above:    I will trust the people whose job it is to perform the duties of talent selection for the Browns...   Take what you will of that. 

But what is really telling is that you posted that you didnt read my reply, yet you knew what I wrote. I wonder how that works??? Sure seems like you just wanted to point out you didnt read it for some strange Gipper reason?

I didn't read a couple of your replies....and the reason was not something esoteric at all.....it was mere boredom.   I only read that section where you were making the legal analogies, as it was quoted by someone else. 

And why no retort to NFL/XFL? How is Jets playing in AFL and Colts in NFL akin to AFC and NFC? Because you want it to be? Because you know what the key difference is? They played in DIFFERENT leagues, no common opponents. They were the same NFL champion in 1968 season as the Packers were in 1965 season.

By that reasoning then,  the 2019 San Francisco 49ers won the championship in 2019, after all, if you are going to award a championship to the 1968 Colts, then the 49ers should be awarded one too.  The fact of losing the Super Bowl clearly being irrelevant to you. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No that isn't true at all bub.

The 2019 49ers were members of the NFL as were the Chiefs. The 68 Colts were members of the NFL, while the Jets were in fact a member of the AFL. AGAIN, Nobody said they won the SB, were the only champion or anything like that, but they won their LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP. They most certainly WITHOUT question the 1968 NFL Champions, do you dispute that?

As for the analogies, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I was in no way trying to suggest that they were the exact same (lawyer and stenographer), was just merely pointing out that them being associated both with law/court/etc is the same as totally different players (positionally) being compared. I can't remember who, but someone commented on it (maybe someone that has you blocked), so yes someone else did und the point I was trying to make. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, Tour2ma said:

Ding ding ding...

OGs are unlike OTs whose PassPro skill correlates well with WZS aptitude.

Warford looks to be Man/Gap scheme guy. Even his old Combine results scream "put him in a phone booth".

I agree, he is a big slow dude.   And....the Saints released him for a reason, and I don't think it was money motivated.  They drafted Ruiz to replace him.

11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

No that isn't true at all bub.

The 2019 49ers were members of the NFL as were the Chiefs. The 68 Colts were members of the NFL, while the Jets were in fact a member of the AFL. AGAIN, Nobody said they won the SB, were the only champion or anything like that, but they won their LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP. They most certainly WITHOUT question the 1968 NFL Champions, do you dispute that?

They LOST the Super Bowl.  Do you dispute that?  For those 4 years winning the AFL or NFL title are what is now tantamount to winning the AFC or NFC....that is how the leagues became newly structured in 1966.  They LOST the overall championship game.  (and you know who disputed it:  members of the Colts would have disputed it.

As for the analogies, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I was in no way trying to suggest that they were the exact same (lawyer and stenographer), was just merely pointing out that them being associated both with law/court/etc is the same as totally different players (positionally) being compared. I can't remember who, but someone commented on it (maybe someone that has you blocked), so yes someone else did und the point I was trying to make. 

And I am just saying that  stenographers are support staff,  just as football players have support staff.  Football players and lawyers get in the game....support staff does not. 

On 5/9/2020 at 2:14 PM, SdBacker80 said:

You got Forbes, Hubbard and Teller.  Pro Bowlers no.  All Capable probably.  Great depth here 

I was looking at the roster yesterday and noticed that we also have former buckeye Malcolm Pridgeon. He was a very good guard for the buckeyes in 2018. He came in as a juco and at tackle. He made the switch to guard prior to the 2018 season.  I'm not saying he's going to be great but he has talent and is fairly new to the position.  Only been playing it since 2017 off season. He could be an interesting look at rg. Hopefully Bill Callahan can mold him into the type of lineman he wants.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, The Gipper said:

You know that myself or anyone else ever said they didnt lose the SB. You are trying to bring things into the conversation to beat home your point.

But no sir, it is not the same as AFC/NFC now. The only thing that is comparable is that there is another game afterwards. I venture to guess that you know all of this, yet since you originally made a statement you will say things just to make yourself feel correct.

I don't know what you are disputing. The AFL and NFL were separate leagues. Meaning they didnt play each other during the regular season or playoffs. Their was an AFL CHAMPION and a NFL CHAMPION. Then both of those LEAGUE CHAMPIONS played each other. Last year, the Chiefs and 49ers were conference champions within the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You know that myself or anyone else ever said they didnt lose the SB. You are trying to bring things into the conversation to beat home your point.

The point being....they lost the Super Bowl. 

But no sir, it is not the same as AFC/NFC now. The only thing that is comparable is that there is another game afterwards. I venture to guess that you know all of this, yet since you originally made a statement you will say things just to make yourself feel correct.

Yea, there was another game afterward.  The Super Bowl.  Which they lost. 

I don't know what you are disputing. The AFL and NFL were separate leagues. Meaning they didnt play each other during the regular season or playoffs. Their was an AFL CHAMPION and a NFL CHAMPION. Then both of those LEAGUE CHAMPIONS played each other. Last year, the Chiefs and 49ers were conference champions within the NFL. 

So, by that calculation then,   when the AL and NL  were never playing each other,  the loser of the World Series also won the Championship. 

So I guess that means the  1954, 1995, 1997, 2016 Indians really were the Champions.  Sure as fucking hell didn't feel like it.  All these years, all that angst...for nothing?   Because the Indians really were champions!  Who knew?

Pin on Movies

On 5/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, bjh2130 said:

I was looking at the roster yesterday and noticed that we also have former buckeye Malcolm Pridgeon. He was a very good guard for the buckeyes in 2018. He came in as a juco and at tackle. He made the switch to guard prior to the 2018 season.  I'm not saying he's going to be great but he has talent and is fairly new to the position.  Only been playing it since 2017 off season. He could be an interesting look at rg. Hopefully Bill Callahan can mold him into the type of lineman he wants.

He’s a decent depth guy too.  if we make no other moves we really have decent guys that will be active any given Sunday.

If there is any concern at all with the Oline it shouldn’t be a guard it should be moving a “good” RT tackle prospect (we can all argue whether he’s elite) to Left Tackle and essentially naming him the starter his first year in the league.  He’s going to go through growing pains maybe cost a game or two.