THE BROWNS BOARD

Saints release Warford

cambridgeho

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

Now, on defense? :

A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

Who is this Jacobs LB the Browns got?

I would think you SHOULD know the names of Browns players who would be expected to start

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is it?   Assuming Jed Wills is the real deal,  I would still say that the RG spot is still the one position on the offense that is the most unsettled, fair to say?

Now, on defense? :

A.  The defensive line SHOULD be a well settled deal.  If Vernon is healthy, our starters should be solid, and the group of backup/rotation guys  gives us some good depth...seemingly.

B.  LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

C. DB.....Ward/Williams I would say are entrenched at CB, backed up by Mitchell.      Karl Joseph, Delpit,  Sendejo?   Not as unsettled as perhaps LB....but, agree, not what I think we should consider to be a rock solid group. Maybe this group will  prove itself. 

So, 3  iffy spots  IMO:   RG,  LB, S.    Hopefully all these guys come through. 

The secondary has a lot to prove.  First, they have to be healthy and avoid the soft tissue injuries.  Secondly, Greedy has proven nothing at this point.  He flashed here and there but he’s a capable depth guy at this point.
 I am hopeful though our D coordinator did a lot last season with IMO less than what we have here.  

In regard to the Dline Vernon needs to be healthy.  He hasn’t played a whole season since 2016.  It’s Hard to count on him.  Id feel better with a Vernon for Clowney swap out.

I think we need a veteran LB that can play 20-25 productive snaps a game too

I can’t think about RG Let’s roll with the Oline we have - let Callahan coach them up.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Now, on defense? :

👀A. LInebacker.....I AGREE that the LB situation is as unsettled as the RG position.    Wilson, Takitaki,  Goodson, and the rookie Jacobs.  It IS higher on our concern list than RG, simply because we have  2-3 positions that may be considered questionable.

What i like about Joe Woods mostly, is he's from the Tomlin mold..From Woods early presser, "Their still good friends of the game to be honest, and I was raised in Pittsburgh"..Woods has that pissed off coaching fire, that i hope Zimmer passed on to Stefanski (ain't seen it yet)..And I really now want to know? Why Diggs was shuffled off to Buffalo just after Stef had left🤔  anywho? (OBj) 

Click on some free nflgamepass and watch some Vikings & Niners games.. Stef's offense won't be the 3 ring circus that Fred ran.book it!. And we WILL* learn how to set-up a screen pass with Backs or a TE with blockers AHEAD* Downfield* 👀.. Chubb & Hunt won't see much of the 'OhChit' solo screens with no help..(hated the most btw)

With Woods defense, The best I can do is post this.. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Film-Study-Disquising-Coverages-144057250/  and tell ya.. your forgetting a good corner in Kevin Johnson from the Bills who is a baller when healthy. He too has played FS.. Woods background is full of good coaching mentors.. And he sure as hell ain't telling anybody what system to expect at anytime, including us & or the media. but I still expect Woods to play to his strength on this roster... 2 LB'ers (Goodson & Wilson)/ 2 corners in (Greedy & Ward)...Johnson/Joseph/Delpit/Sendejo/Redwine & Money Mitch could line-up almost anywhere..  

Edit--Heck.. the way Jamie 'ripped' Gillian has worked his butt off this off-season 💪 let Gillian smack down somebody at LB :o  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The secondary has a lot to prove.  First, they have to be healthy and avoid the soft tissue injuries.  Secondly, Greedy has proven nothing at this point.  He flashed here and there but he’s a capable depth guy at this point.
 I am hopeful though our D coordinator did a lot last season with IMO less than what we have here.  

In regard to the Dline Vernon needs to be healthy.  He hasn’t played a whole season since 2016.  It’s Hard to count on him.  Id feel better with a Vernon for Clowney swap out.

I think we need a veteran LB that can play 20-25 productive snaps a game too

I can’t think about RG Let’s roll with the Oline we have - let Callahan coach them up.

OK,  its just that this is a thread about our  OL/OG position....so I guess it warranted some discussion. 

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What i like about Joe Woods mostly, is he's from the Tomlin mold..From Woods early presser, "Their still good friends of the game to be honest, and I was raised in Pittsburgh"..Woods has that pissed off coaching fire, that i hope Zimmer passed on to Stefanski (ain't seen it yet)..And I really now want to know? Why Diggs was shuffled off to Buffalo just after Stef had left🤔  anywho? (OBj) 

Click on some free nflgamepass and watch some Vikings & Niners games.. Stef's offense won't be the 3 ring circus that Fred ran.book it!. And we WILL* learn how to set-up a screen pass with Backs or a TE with blockers AHEAD* Downfield* 👀.. Chubb & Hunt won't see much of the 'OhChit' solo screens with no help..(hated the most btw)

With Woods defense, The best I can do is post this.. https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Film-Study-Disquising-Coverages-144057250/  and tell ya.. your forgetting a good corner in Kevin Johnson from the Bills who is a baller when healthy. He too has played FS.. Woods background is full of good coaching mentors.. And he sure as hell ain't telling anybody what system to expect at anytime, including us & or the media. but I still expect Woods to play to his strength on this roster... 2 LB'ers (Goodson & Wilson)/ 2 corners in (Greedy & Ward)...Johnson/Joseph/Delpit/Sendejo/Redwine & Money Mitch could line-up almost anywhere..  

Edit--Heck.. the way Jamie 'ripped' Gillian has worked his butt off this off-season 💪 let Gillian smack down somebody at LB :o  

Yes, I didn't mention Johnson.....I had to leave something for you to do!! :lol:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Jacob Phillips actually.  I guess I just truncated his name in typing. 

Yes I obviously know his name. Just had to point it out since you are the one who says you only care about Browns players when someone else is brought up.

All in good fun, but you should certainly be good with being "called out" when saying something wrong since you like to do it for things you just don't agree with, whether right/wrong, opinion/fact, etc. Thats the cost of acting like a jerk to people.

Hope all is well and you and everyone is staying safe and well in these trying times

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Yes I obviously know his name. Just had to point it out since you are the one who says you only care about Browns players when someone else is brought up.

All in good fun, but you should certainly be good with being "called out" when saying something wrong since you like to do it for things you just don't agree with, whether right/wrong, opinion/fact, etc. Thats the cost of acting like a jerk to people.

Hope all is well and you and everyone is staying safe and well in these trying times

I made a typing error.  Are you happy to have had the honor and privilege of pointing that out?   Give yourself a cookie.  Chocolate Chunk would be good,  but please stay safe and well by not choking on it. 

By the way.....you were supposed to take over doing the trivia.  What happened? 

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

motion for a summary judgment made early Adding an 8.5M guard who doesn’t seem like a scheme fit.  

Denied on multiple grounds:    A.  there are genuine issues of material fact to be determined, and

B. even if we accept your version of the facts as true, that does not mean that you would be entitle to relief under law.

Reasoning:  Your assertion, nor those of others here who may have professed a similar opinion that Warford does not seem to fit our scheme, is not authoritative;  ergo your conclusions in that regard may be erroneous.  In addition, your further assertion that 8.5 million is too much to pay another OG is likewise non-authoritative. 

I will reconsider your motion if you do the following:   provide statements form OL coach Callahan, OC Alex Van Pelt, and HC Kevin Stefanski that his is not a fit;  and if you provide statements from  Andrew Berry or Jimmy Haslam that the money he is asking is too much.  Further on this point....if the Browns were to sign him, having been released, they would not be obligated to pay the 8.5 million to him he was to be paid under his Saint's contract.  They could have him for perhaps much less.  So, you assumed certain facts, and failed to acknowledge other facts that were in evidence. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I made a typing error.  Are you happy to have had the honor and privilege of pointing that out?   Give yourself a cookie.  Chocolate Chunk would be good,  but please stay safe and well by not choking on it. 

By the way.....you were supposed to take over doing the trivia.  What happened? 

Haha, no you got your feelings hurt (apparently) and tried to tell me to do the trivia. I don't have any interest in doing it, and you seem to enjoy it so have at it. In fact the few times I have gotten on and read I believe I have even seen some.

And the point obviously went over your head. I actually never thought you didnt know who JACOB PHILLIPS was. Its the fact that you seem to enjoy arguing with people and pointing out how wrong someone is to you (even if it is something that is an opinion). 

So you must be able to take it to, especially since it was all in fun.

And I certainly have noticed the few times I have read things on here the past couple months here you are getting into it with multiple people. So I guess it wasn't a me (or those others) just being against you. O well.

Again, I will say hope all is well and stay safe

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Denied on multiple grounds:    A.  there are genuine issues of material fact to be determined, and

B. even if we accept your version of the facts as true, that does not mean that you would be entitle to relief under law.

Reasoning:  Your assertion, nor those of others here who may have professed a similar opinion that Warford does not seem to fit our scheme, is not authoritative;  ergo your conclusions in that regard may be erroneous.  In addition, your further assertion that 8.5 million is too much to pay another OG is likewise non-authoritative. 

I will reconsider your motion if you do the following:   provide statements form OL coach Callahan, OC Alex Van Pelt, and HC Kevin Stefanski that his is not a fit;  and if you provide statements from  Andrew Berry or Jimmy Haslam that the money he is asking is too much.  Further on this point....if the Browns were to sign him, having been released, they would not be obligated to pay the 8.5 million to him he was to be paid under his Saint's contract.  They could have him for perhaps more.  So, you assumed certain facts, and failed to acknowledge other facts that were in evidence. 

I’m not calling you “your honor”

and I’ll file a motion to dismiss on the grounds that the statute of limitations has expired Saturday Draft weekend. We have invested heavily - we extended key interior lineman and We signed a new Right tackle, drafted another lineman 10th overall and gave up past draft capital for our incumbent RG. The Oline ship has sailed. 

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

Haha, no you got your feelings hurt (apparently) and tried to tell me to do the trivia. I don't have any interest in doing it, and you seem to enjoy it so have at it. In fact the few times I have gotten on and read I believe I have even seen some.

You continued to question the way I was doing it, so I figured you thought you could do better.  So, you admit that is not the case?

And the point obviously went over your head.  (no,it didn't....I knew very well what you were doing...that does not mean I have to acknowledge it)

I actually never thought you didnt know who JACOB PHILLIPS was. Its the fact that you seem to enjoy arguing with people and pointing out how wrong someone is to you (even if it is something that is an opinion). 

Arguing about opinions is the essence of this board, is it not?  And, as the saying goes, I don't get mad when someone disagrees with my opinion.....I get more than even...by simply making counter arguments.   And if I have made a mistake of fact (not interpretation of fact), I acknowledge that.  It is actually more others that seem to get warm when they disagree with my opinions...or when I point out facts they don't like to acknowledge.....like the pre and post Super Bowl title argument.  They are the same in my book.  Others can't fathom that the NFL existed apparently before  1970  (even wen they acknowledge that this is the 100th anniversary of the NFL.....say what?)

So you must be able to take it to, especially since it was all in fun.

I have always been able to take it.  Maybe I am the hyper competitive one here, but I am not they hyper sensitive one. 

And I certainly have noticed the few times I have read things on here the past couple months here you are getting into it with multiple people. So I guess it wasn't a me (or those others) just being against you. O well.

No, it wasn't you....and it wasn't me.  It was THEM!!   :angry::mad::(:P:lol:

Again, I will say hope all is well and stay safe

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m not calling you “your honor”

How does a couple of nights in jail sound to you for failing to do so?   Ever hear of contempt? 

But, you are lucky.  Actually, in almost 30 years of being a magistrate,   I have never cited anyone for contempt.  (but, yes, I have always had the power an authority to do so).  On a couple of occasions I came thisclose  to doing so.  But instead of sending them to the cooler, I just asked the Bailiff   (you know, the cop in the courtroom with a gun on his belt)  to get them out of my courtroom. 

and I’ll file a motion to dismiss on the grounds that the statute of limitations has expired.

You are oh so off base here. You should probably quit while you are only this far behind. :rolleyes:

We invested heavily - we extended key interior lineman and We signed a new Right tackle, drafted a lineman, gave up past draft capital for our incumbent RG. The Oline ship has sailed. 

That would not make a bad closing argument.  You at least now are making relevant points  that should be considered

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I also was not overly impressed with Greedy either.  Like some others, he bought into the hype that we were going to the superbowl.  So, perhaps he didn't work & prepare like he should've.  Hopefully Woods can straighten him out....with a trip to the Woods Shed if need be.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sorry to burst your bubble my friend, but me not having an inkling to do it (and I actually never said anything about the quality of your trivia) does not equate in any way to anyone thinking one way or another who would do better. I could see someone weedeating a 100 acre property and think I knew a better way (whether true or not). Doesn't mean I have any interest in doing it for them.

I can recall instances when yes you admitted it, and other instances when you in fact did not.

And I must admit that I thought of you recently in passing. It was around the time Don Shula passed. Since he was recognized on either ESPN or Fox or maybe both as winning Championships with two different teams, something you argued against and said that nobody recognized that. And here in this very message you are saying pre post Super Bowl.

And yes, that is what the board is for. But again the point is the manner in which you go about it. If you don't think that you come off as a jerk in a lot of cases then you are sadly mistaken, and maybe you should either just admit it or ask others on the board. I don't believe that anyone you have had these "altercations" with on here have any problem with you having an opinion on something. Even if those are hard set opinions that won't change no matter what is said or what evidence is provided. It is the manner in which you respond. 

From what I have learned is that you are a very nice man in real life, which means that some of your antics on here are a different persona, which is in fact one of the reasons that you have been compared to a certain former poster. You obviously are an intelligent man by way of your chosen career, but when you come off as someone who knows everything about everything and arrogantly at that, it causes hostility and for people to call you out at any perceived error. And then when that does happen, you then say it is because those people are so concerned and obsessed with you. In other cases that may be true (I can't speak for others), and I don't read every thread but this happens on a majority of threads I do happen to read. And again, when these things happen over and over with multiple different people it begins to show a trend. I am quite sure that none of that matters to you, which is fine, but in my opinion it is a bit hypocritical to not care what others feel but then voice displeasure when those same people attack/harass you 

13 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

So you must be able to take it to...

lol...

Wait...

You were being serious?

13 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

and I’ll file a motion to dismiss on the grounds that the statute of limitations has expired Saturday Draft weekend.

Is there such a thing as grounds due to the judge not knowing jack-shit?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble my friend, but me not having an inkling to do it (and I actually never said anything about the quality of your trivia) does not equate in any way to anyone thinking one way or another who would do better. I could see someone weedeating a 100 acre property and think I knew a better way (whether true or not). Doesn't mean I have any interest in doing it for them.

Right....but it would not prevent you from being critical of them. 

I can recall instances when yes you admitted it, and other instances when you in fact did not.

And I must admit that I thought of you recently in passing. It was around the time Don Shula passed. Since he was recognized on either ESPN or Fox or maybe both as winning Championships with two different teams, something you argued against and said that nobody recognized that. And here in this very message you are saying pre post Super Bowl.

He only won a Super Bowl with one team.  He only won a final championship with one team. He won other conference championships, and lost Super Bowls with David Woodley and Marino. 

And yes, that is what the board is for. But again the point is the manner in which you go about it. If you don't think that you come off as a jerk in a lot of cases then you are sadly mistaken, and maybe you should either just admit it or ask others on the board.

You only think I am a "jerk" because I disagree with you.  

I don't believe that anyone you have had these "altercations" with on here have any problem with you having an opinion on something. Even if those are hard set opinions that won't change no matter what is said or what evidence is provided. It is the manner in which you respond. 

That manner being....simply stating my opinion, and the cogency of the argument behind those opinions.  Like here.  I do not consider Shula to have won a Championship with the Colts, because he lost Super Bowl III to the Jets.   Like I said, that is merely the equivalent of winning a conference title.  It was not a championship. 

From what I have learned is that you are a very nice man in real life, which means that some of your antics on here are a different persona, which is in fact one of the reasons that you have been compared to a certain former poster.

No, there is no comparison, at all.  Ghoolie would purposefully take variant positions that he likely had no belief in just to stir shit up.  I don't think I have ever taken a position that I don't believe in, unless it were in jest....but I don't recall ever doing that. 

You obviously are an intelligent man by way of your chosen career, but when you come off as someone who knows everything about everything and arrogantly at that, it causes hostility and for people to call you out at any perceived error.

Sure,  people have "called me out" at any perceived "error".  (again, usually it is a matter of a difference of opinion).  But, actually people have called me out for actual errors.   I once made an error by stating that  Brandon Weeden had started 15 games during his rookie season, and that it was the first game of the season that he missed.  That was an error     he did start the opening game of his rookie season, but missed another game. So, I made a factual error there,  but he way one particular patron responded you would have thought he was an Evangelical Christian who had just been told God was Dead.  I mean, you would have thought his entire belief in the universe had been questioned.  

And then when that does happen, you then say it is because those people are so concerned and obsessed with you. In other cases that may be true (I can't speak for others), and I don't read every thread but this happens on a majority of threads I do happen to read. And again, when these things happen over and over with multiple different people it begins to show a trend. I am quite sure that none of that matters to you, which is fine, but in my opinion it is a bit hypocritical to not care what others feel but then voice displeasure when those same people attack/harass you.

I don't know....you seem to be doing quite a bit of obsessing right now yourself. And, I don't know...I don't think I say that I don't care what people say.  I mean, if someone talks shit about you....that you believe merely reflects their own small mindedness.....human nature likely would lead you to say "I don't care what you say".    If I didn't care what they said, then likely I would not give them the time of day to submit a response, fair to say?  So having a response is a bit of  way of showing "care".    And again, is it not also human nature to voice displeasure when someone attacks you.......you.....you....whose mother was a hamster,  whose father smelled of eldeberries....whose brother wears a pocket protector....whose sister married a chicken farmer....whose uncle eats onions like they were apples.....whose grandfather was a fishmonger....whose first cousin once removed went to prison for check forgery (oh, wait....that's my first cousin once removed).....

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol...

Wait...

You were being serious?

See Gunz, here is a guy that seems to be criticizing me for "not being able to take it.....yet he slinks off like a craven zombie, placing his little sociopathic  passive-aggresive comments on here all while having me on ignore because he can't hack the dialogue. 

So, you can tell him:  yes, if you want.  

image.png.8a257d7cc8b001820bd5a55a85cac8d5.png

lol... did not peek at either reply, but willing to bet at least one is a a reply to my above post.

That was not the funny part, tho...

Funny part was the thought running thru my head, "Damn... Gip must be a charter subscriber to "Reputation Defender."

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

image.png.8a257d7cc8b001820bd5a55a85cac8d5.png

lol... did not peek at either reply, but willing to bet at least one is a a reply to my above post.

That was not the funny part, tho...

Funny part was the thought running thru my head, "Damn... Gip must be a charter subscriber to "Reputation Defender."

What is funny is that you are such a cunny that you continually reply to subjects that you claim you want to ignore.  

9 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

God forbid we sign Warford.

lol,  he's started all 101 games he played in for the Lions & Saints.  ProBowler the last 3 years?  Nah.  Thanks.  I had one of those once.  :)

....if he doesn't fit the system, then he doesn't fit.  But the system better be pretty good then...

50 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

According to Gip there is no such thing. :)

Well, you are a higher authority than I when it comes to analyzing  offensive linemen...I will grant that.  But I would still not take your word over anyone whose profession it is to evaluate such things.  You are just a rank amateur despite your pretenses. 

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

lol,  he's started all 101 games he played in for the Lions & Saints.  ProBowler the last 3 years?  Nah.  Thanks.  I had one of those once.  :)

....if he doesn't fit the system, then he doesn't fit.  But the system better be pretty good then...

Talking strictly about the ensuing gloatfest that would happen 

45 minutes ago, Orion said:

Like I said above, admittedly I am no expert on  the evaluation and scouting of  offensive linemen. I don't even pretend to play one on TV.  But to say that a multiple Pro Bowl player at a position "does not fit our system"    sounds like me saying  to someone:  "Oh,  I won the  UK lottery...10 million pounds....or Euros or whatever....I could not possibly accept that money because, you know,  it doesn't fit the monetary system I am used to".  I would do the fucking conversion, thanks.   Such a specious position. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am not going to respond to all of this because you obviously don't even want to "look at yourself in the mirror".

I will simply reply to a couple.

Thank you for making a point against yourself. Me saying anything about your trivia is EXACTLY what you would say there, technically being critical (even though I don't know that I was ever critical). Even if I were, that doesn't mean I ever said I could do better or wanting to do it.

The point with Mr. Shula isn't and never was that he won a SB with 2 teams. It was at the time of the original discussion that he won his league (which is true, and never will change). But since you brought it up, no it isn't like a conference champion, it would be like the NFL champion playing the XFL champion. But that wasn't even the point of me bringing it up in this discussion. The point of me bringing it up was the fact you stated that NOBODY (not meaning individuals) recognized that, when in fact both the NFL and ESPN certainly have. But hey, why should we listen to them when we can to Gipper.

And no, I don't think you are a jerk because I disagree with you, and its not just stating your opinion. Its the way you state that opinion. You have frequently been rude/nasty to others in stating that opinion. And there have been times I agreed with your opinion and still thought you went about it in a crappy way with others. If you don't see anything wrong then it is what it is. 

And sorry pal, you missed a point again. I'll bet there are a vast majority of people who make errors on here and aren't called out. The difference is that they don't post with the arrogance that is perceived by others about you on here. You aren't being called out because of a difference in opinion. Having a different opinion and a discussion isn't calling out someone. And by the way, your were not compared to Ghoolie because of any variant positions. You were compared to him for having a different persona on here than in real life. That is unless what I have heard is incorrect and you are actually a rude, know it all jerk all the time. In which case then I will take back comparing you to him, as it was just meant in the sense of acting differently in real life and on the board

But if you don't see anything wrong/different (whatever word you want to use) with the way you communicate on here and how it can be perceived or different from others then nothing I or anyone else says will ever change your mind. Again all I am saying is that if you get into arguments (or are blocked, etc.) with multiple people then the only common thing in all of those is you. So by pure data and fact the evidence would point to the possibility of you being the issue. For instance, if I have been married and divorced 10 times, would it seem more likely that all 10 of them was the problem or maybe me? 

• Upvote 1