THE BROWNS BOARD

How many of you would go to a game?

Barry

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

They let Cambridge ho's in the coast guard?   Cool.

Hey, he's cool in my book. The only problem I may have with him is that....the Browns...ok...the Cavs...maybe before...but putting the Indians ahead of hot, naked women? Damn, I hope that's not in order. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Things are already "better" here in FL (depending on how you define what "better" means). Our beaches have gone from closed, to "partially open" (i.e. you were allowed to walk or jog or swim, but not sit in a chair...huh?) and now the beaches are fully open - you're allowed to lay or sit. Some of our eateries are open for dinning in, starting tomorrow - with restrictions (only allowed 25% occupancy at any one time). If this loosening of restrictions do not lead to an increase of CV, then I think things are truly "better." 

Well.....there is the key.....are things "better"  or is it just that people are tired of dealing with the restrictions?    If the cases spike tremendously, then maybe we will see that it is just the latter. 

There are so many stories/rumors, you don't know what to believe.  Some say that the hot sun kills the virus, and thus those Florida beaches would be safe  (but that does not mean that the virus could not be in the bathrooms and in the internal areas.)

This whole thing wreaks of hidden agendas so it's hard to trust ANY of what we are told. 

Or, more likely there are few hidden agendas, just people that want to find something nefarious where it does not exist. 

47 minutes ago, cambridgeho said:

I am in the coast guard. We save lives daily. We are just making sure that we all are in good health. I guess a certain temperature means we may have some kinda something. In the last few months we have saved many people and disputed many drugs coming into the us. We didn't get a port call on a 90 day patrol, but everyone is safe and healthy.

How do you "dispute" drugs coming into the US?  Just curious about that terminology.

Nevertheless, good job.  Where are you stationed out of?   Here in the Great Lakes? 

19 hours ago, Barry said:

You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

But only when it comes to shitting in someone else's thread.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But only when it comes to shitting in someone else's thread.

Except, naturally, again you are an  ignorant  feckless orifice  of what was being asked and what was being said.

I gave a very specific answer to a very specific question that had  a very specific contingency therein.  He just didn't like the answer because, apparently it was truthful...and because he realized he didn't ask the question that he really intended to ask. 

I mean, he asked "what color is the sky"....and when I answered "blue".....he kind of pissed because he really meant to ask what color is the sky at night. 

Would I attend? No. I've already passed on far more important events.

1 hour ago, cambridgeho said:

I am in the coast guard. We save lives daily. We are just making sure that we all are in good health. I guess a certain temperature means we may have some kinda something. In the last few months we have saved many people and disputed many drugs coming into the us. We didn't get a port call on a 90 day patrol, but everyone is safe and healthy.

I want to add my thanks as well... but for your avatar. ;)

Was the no "port call" an isolation decision?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barry said:

Wow, let me repeat Icecube and say thank you. You are one of the silent heroes whom we don't read about every day but who literally put their lives on the line daily. 

A somewhat related, curious question. Has the pandemic affected the rate of drug interdiction or episodes you encounter? It may be too early in it to call it but my guess is that the bad guys are using this period to try to slip in under the door.

It's normal ops still.

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How do you "dispute" drugs coming into the US?  Just curious about that terminology.

Nevertheless, good job.  Where are you stationed out of?   Here in the Great Lakes? 

Sorry, meant disrupt. I have been stationed on the great lakes, Lorain and buffalo. Right now I am stationed out of Portsmouth VA. 270' life.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Would I attend? No. I've already passed on far more important events.

I want to add my thanks as well... but for your avatar. ;)

Was the no "port call" an isolation decision?

Yes, by the countries. 

15 hours ago, Barry said:

Hey, he's cool in my book. The only problem I may have with him is that....the Browns...ok...the Cavs...maybe before...but putting the Indians ahead of hot, naked women? Damn, I hope that's not in order. 😁

These are in order of things that let me down.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:13 PM, Dutch Oven said:

If there's been no progress? Hard pass from me, then. 

Yeah, not interested, even if they allow fans. 

On 5/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, Barry said:

Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.

Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.

Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?

Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?

As a season ticket holder- they can't legally fill my seat with someone else if I don't attend. They can't do non-liability agreements either because you'd have no way of proving you contracted covid at a game. I'm betting if games get cancelled or played with no fans in the stands- they're just going to tell the season ticket holders we're giving you a credit on your 2021 tickets and no refunds. I'm almost willing to bet on it. 

On 5/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, The Gipper said:

Except, naturally, again you are an  ignorant  feckless orifice  of what was being asked and what was being said.

I gave a very specific answer to a very specific question that had  a very specific contingency therein.  He just didn't like the answer because, apparently it was truthful...and because he realized he didn't ask the question that he really intended to ask. 

I mean, he asked "what color is the sky"....and when I answered "blue".....he kind of pissed because he really meant to ask what color is the sky at night. 

Gipper, you know what he meant, and you had to butt in and get technical about it. It was a straightforward question- and YOU brought up the contingency. Don't make me start deleting your smart ass retorts and name calling. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, The Gipper said:

You shit on your own thread because you had no clue how to ask the question you really wanted answered, so I had to fix it for you.

You're Welcome. 

Your problem (yes it is your problem), is that you consistently and willingly go far down a wrong path. You do it by throwing out meaningless 'objections' or 'challenges' to assumptions with which a person with half a brain understands the context in which it is asked. In other words your 'clarifications' add no value to the conversation whatsoever and it's only purpose, as far as I can tell, is that it gives you some feel of exceptionalism over others. This is shown by your constant referencing that people should 'thank you', or by your challenging people by telling them they are 'afraid of the 'truth', etc. for which I can only understand you to mean that you believe that you are the only one on the side of 'truth' and if only we agree with you will we 'understand'.  

And then you are so weak that you get into pissing contests with anyone who disagrees with you, but it's not the usual kind of pissing contests you see in forums like these. It's your goal to personally insult the person more and more until  they just get exhausted and quit responding. Then you are 'satisfied' that you won. 

What a bunch of shit. I'm new here and when I first started reading this forum really liked the people and the comments (I still do). There are people in here that know football a lot better than I do and I am excited to learn more. But you are constantly turning this forum into your own playpen, acting out all your unhappiness and bitterness with people in here, and it gets old, at least for me (perhaps others might not feel the same). The thing is, you sometimes raise excellent points, and your referencing Browns things from yesteryear are great. But, imo,  those times are just completely drowned out by your obnoxious behaviour.

So, for the record, I am not pissed. That would take too much energy and, to be frank, you're not worth it. There is just so much negativity in your writing that I choose to pass over them, and not to respond to your comments, except one time to explain it here as a reply to your several references to me. Part of my deciding not to engage you is also because I think it's too bad that so much of this forum's time and energy is spent focused around you and your insulting people or 'correcting' them. But hey, that's what social media is all about. We can't all be satisfied with the directions it takes. Other people on here may disagree with me, and I have no doubt that you will feel compelled to answer in your usual way, but I thought I owed you an explanation.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, not interested, even if they allow fans. 

As a season ticket holder- they can't legally fill my seat with someone else if I don't attend. They can't do non-liability agreements either because you'd have no way of proving you contracted covid at a game. I'm betting if games get cancelled or played with no fans in the stands- they're just going to tell the season ticket holders we're giving you a credit on your 2021 tickets and no refunds. I'm almost willing to bet on it. 

Gipper, you know what he meant, and you had to butt in and get technical about it. It was a straightforward question- and YOU brought up the contingency. Don't make me start deleting your smart ass retorts and name calling. 

Yes, I brought up the contingencies, because those contingencies were of all consuming importance in giving a reasonable and realistic  and proper answer to the question.....as evidenced by your own response above, which was almost precisely  the same as my answer:  that it depends on if games are canceled or if they will allow fans into the games.   So,  I guess  I am giving smart answers since it was the same as yours.     If it takes getting technical to provide a right answer, so be it. 

And why would you ignore the  equally smart ass retorts and name calling directed toward me?   (because you know that I can handle them by  myself?)

3 hours ago, Barry said:

Your problem (yes it is your problem), is that you consistently and willingly go far down a wrong path.

Err...you mean the right path. 

You do it by throwing out meaningless 'objections' or 'challenges' to assumptions with which a person with half a brain understands the context in which it is asked.

That context being that they are by no means meaningless, but rather were critical to the reality of the situation

In other words your 'clarifications' add no value to the conversation whatsoever and it's only purpose, as far as I can tell, is that it gives you some feel of exceptionalism over others.

The purpose was simply to give a full, complete, cogent answer.  And I don't know for exceptionalism...I only know that it provided accuracy.

This is shown by your constant referencing that people should 'thank you', or by your challenging people by telling them they are 'afraid of the 'truth', etc. for which I can only understand you to mean that you believe that you are the only one on the side of 'truth' and if only we agree with you will we 'understand'.  

I think I just used it once....to you.  And certainly I don't think that there are "sides"  to the truth. In fact, I don't think you or anyone really disagreed with my answers,  you just apparently didn't like it that I didn't give a black and white answer to a complex question that required some analysis. (which, by the way....isn't that exactly what you said was needed about a subject in another thread?)

And then you are so weak that you get into pissing contests with anyone who disagrees with you,

Actually, all I did was to give, like I said, a complete and analytical  and reasoned answer to the question you asked.  And, again, I don't think anyone really disagreed with that answer.  It was YOU who started the pissing contest because I didn't give you the black and white answer you wanted.  Do you really not recognize your responsibility there?

but it's not the usual kind of pissing contests you see in forums like these. It's your goal to personally insult the person more and more until  they just get exhausted and quit responding. Then you are 'satisfied' that you won. 

Have you been keeping score?  I haven't?  All I have been doing is trying to talk football....and give honest, complete information on any question. 

What a bunch of shit. I'm new here and when I first started reading this forum really liked the people and the comments (I still do). There are people in here that know football a lot better than I do and I am excited to learn more. But you are constantly turning this forum into your own playpen, acting out all your unhappiness and bitterness with people in here,

I have no unhappiness nor bitterness toward anyone here....Perhaps I do engage in the occasional "slamfest"  with a couple of people....but that is because I know that they can give as good as they can get.

and it gets old, at least for me (perhaps others might not feel the same). The thing is, you sometimes raise excellent points, and your referencing Browns things from yesteryear are great. But, imo,  those times are just completely drowned out by your obnoxious behaviour.

Or, maybe, as it seems, you are just overly sensitive. 

So, for the record, I am not pissed. That would take too much energy and, to be frank, you're not worth it.

Oops, too late. 

There is just so much negativity in your writing that I choose to pass over them, and not to respond to your comments,

apparently not.

except one time to explain it here as a reply to your several references to me.

I never made any reference to you that was not in reply to a reference by you to me.  Again...take responsibility for your own actions. 

Part of my deciding not to engage you is also because I think it's too bad that so much of this forum's time and energy is spent focused around you and your insulting people or 'correcting' them.

So, you are saying that it is more acceptable to let bad/wrong information go unchallenged than it is to give the correct information because someone might be offended because they have been given the right data?  

But hey, that's what social media is all about. We can't all be satisfied with the directions it takes. Other people on here may disagree with me, and I have no doubt that you will feel compelled to answer in your usual way, but I thought I owed you an explanation.  

No, you didn't owe me an explanation. It is not something I would have ever expected or asked for. Perhaps you felt you owed yourself a justification.   So be it. 

5 hours ago, Barry said:

Other people on here may disagree with me...

Or not... :)

FYI... place your pointer over screen name and a pop up opens with an interesting option and potential solution.

I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’ve given the OP question some thought, and l would go to a game.

As odd as it may sound, this is an historic event, and that’s not lost on me. A part of me is very interested in having experiences that l may (hopefully) never get the chance to experience again. 

The empty mall parking lots, the masked individuals learning to take wide turns around one another, this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of... It’s all unique to the here and now. 

I’d like to say l lived it on the edge and look forward to the stories l might tell about it.

The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

• Like 1

1) throw on a game day mask

2) fever test groups & pairs far before entry..kick failures to a holding cell lane left. won't take to long if ya follow the right lane. Yeah! I got in... a patron can pair-up the 6 foot spacing between groups (so what if am 4 seats or rows off my ticket location)

3) with reduced crowds, those same patrons should bring back beer, dogs & Popcorn via strapped vendor trays..most fans can watch the game, while the hired patrons get paid to do their job. better yet, hey no lines,,i can text u my order 🍿 sec 310 r4 s16 ... it's already priced to bring it..

4) By chance if I gotta pee? 6 foot waiting lines or throw up some port-a-potties with the extra section hall space with less fans ..

5) 🖕 Joe Banner!! these stadiums will know their safe max cap well before they'd try to fill it..filling it? that just won't happen in 2020..

now for who can still hack on you from 6 foot away masked? Good Luck on that one Gameday campers..   

The start back of other sports may already dictate most of this before September... well maybe for those realist, still hoping on seeing live sports under the new.. safely// 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

The only chance is stadiums at 1\6 capacity- Tour suggested it already. A good read...  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-05-08/coronavirus-outbreak-leaves-nfl-season-under-layer-uncertainty

From our old pal Joe Banner's POV...  “There is no way they are opening the season with 60,000 people in a building,” said Joe Banner, former president of the Philadelphia Eagles and chief executive of the Cleveland Browns. “That in my mind is a zero possibility.”

I'm on record it's odds on the start of the season will be delayed- by as much as two months... Goody-goody. Browns playing the Steelers around President's Day. Stock up on winter survival gear now. (I already have plenty because of my winter bike riding.) 

Good article. Here is interesting video on what China is doing/planning on testing people for Covid-19. Seems unlikely the NFL would adopt these procedures but they are looking at billions of dollars of lost revenue so I imagine all options are open. I assume there are U.S. companies doing this but who knows?

A weakness to this type of testing (high temperature) is that a person could be contagious without a temperature. Still, it's pretty cool stuff. 

https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=W97O3pbCqP4

From my experience, some football fans are just plain belligerent, brain dead, assholes.  They do stupid shit on purpose.  No need to be around them during a pandemic.

......and don't be a fan of the 'other' team because they'd hope that they HAVE covid so they can GIVE it to you. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Barry said:

Good article. Here is interesting video on what China is doing/planning on testing people for Covid-19. Seems unlikely the NFL would adopt these procedures but they are looking at billions of dollars of lost revenue so I imagine all options are open. I assume there are U.S. companies doing this but who knows?

A weakness to this type of testing (high temperature) is that a person could be contagious without a temperature. Still, it's pretty cool stuff. 

https://www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=W97O3pbCqP4

I hope you aren't just learning this now. Thousands have had it and never show any symptoms. In my line of work I get tested with an IR thermometer at a few places I visit. But its only a precaution. It doesn't mean I'm not carrying it.

Considering that thousands are asymptomatic COVID is relatively a mild disease. Only the old farts die...and the vast majority of them have had serious underlying health conditions by which COVID hastened their deaths.

I'd go to a game in a heartbeat except that under my guidelines I would not be permitted to. 

For the safety of old people, only those under 50 would be permitted into First Energy with proper ID, and with their stupid masks....and I don't mean dog masks.

...eh, lets make that under 60. A whopping 89 people under 60 yrs. of age have died from this disease.

Ohio coronavirus deaths by age

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

this strange personal obsession l have of trying to figure out how to grab a door handle that no one else has thought of..

Just wanted to pull out the "lol-inducing" part...

Years ago I read an article stating that only 20% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom. Certainly you've already uncovered these that I employed long before Covid-19 was a thing...

• the jacket sleeve...
  • the paper towel..
  • the pinky hook.

The lack of options does make you appreciate establishments with the foresight to install doors that open out or the use of pathways that eliminate the need for doors altogether.

There is another I've seen in a movie* that I have not personally used: waiting for another user to open the door to either exit or preferably exit the lavatory**.

======================================================================================

* I think it was As Good as It Gets but it might have been one of a couple Howard Hughes based movies I've seen.

** Can't remember the last time I used the word "lavatory" and I sure as hell have no idea why it came to mind here.

• Haha 1

I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Thanks DeWine

It's the nursing homes not Dewin(er).  He and Amy Acton are doing a fine job and are recognized all over the country.

........hey they even have their own bobbleheads.    

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I use the paper towel that I dried my hands with (yes, after washing) to open the door...then toss the towel in the trash before exiting.   Of course that's not much help if there's an air dryer and no paper towels...though you could use a piece of toilet paper.

I've been doing this exact thing since my early 20s when most of my stupidity slowly began to fade away....... yes,  it's still fading. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1