THE BROWNS BOARD

★ God I really miss baseball !  Hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet. ★ (See below, circa 2020.)

mjp28

★ God I really miss baseball !  Hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet.     :(       NOTE : THIS IS FROM THE YEAR 2020 !

Screenshot_2020-05-05_212644.jpg

Oh and for you sports deprived fans out there STO is broadcasting ALL of the games in the 22 game win streak just a few years ago.

The best winning streak that I've seen in my life, became international news.

Check your local listings.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, what is the plan to start up the season?     Are they even trying to figure something out? 

Coronavirus Update

MLB will keep fans updated on decisions regarding plans for the 2020 schedule in the days and weeks ahead. The Clubs remain committed to playing as many games as possible when the season begins. We will continue to monitor ongoing events and undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts, and urge all baseball fans to follow suit. MLB extends its best wishes to all the individuals and communities who have been impacted by the coronavirus..........

They do have tentative plans with a few weeks "spring training" and then a modified schedule but I don't have any firm dates yet.

I sooo miss baseball, back in the last century, I threw the 5 oz sphere 60'6" in the Indians org briefly..  Curt Flood days.  Met Gaylord.. Talked with him  a few times. Very VERY memorable..

Yeah I miss baseball.. I tell the wife when we go to Rays games. With baseball ya have to wait for the moment. In some games to the untrained eye, the moment never happens. But there are always games within the game :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Saw part of the streak when the INDIANS went to New York and swept the Yankees up to 7 or 8 of 22 now.   :D

I got to see Denny Mclain win #27 or #28 in 1968 in Tiger stadium as a kid against the Orioles. We had 3rd base box seats.... I vividly remember watching Mclain warm up right in front of us.. It was like watching God throw a baseball to the young me.. :)   Brooks Robinson at 3rd right in front of me..  😮  Frank Robinson!! Boog fuckin Powell!!  Norm Cash, Al Kaline ,Gates Brown, Freehan, Norton,,, Lolich! Shit! I wasn't even a Tigers fan.. Such a magical day and time.

Yeah, I miss baseball..

When I look back at myself as a kid and what I did to learn about spinning a baseball in that 60'6" span.. How that sphere reacted in air with different spins in air , from different angles.. Over the top, all the way down to side arm or submarine. I spent an incredible amount of time learning how Burt Hooten threw his knuckle sinker.. How to throw the knuckler.  If I couldn't find a baseball, I compressed tinfoil to the size I thought was right and I'd go out and draw a strike zone on the side of the barn and throw.. I was obsessed.. :D

I made an edition of Sport magazine way back when.. They featured local unknown people that had a good day in the back pages of the mag... I threw two no hitters in a week. Someone sent it in :)

Yeah, I miss baseball..

• Upvote 1

May 11, 2020 -. 

Details of MLB's restart plan proposal are beginning to emerge. Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported several general parameters on Saturday. Here are the nuts and bolts:

MLB is expected to propose a further pay reduction for players to account for the revenue lost by playing without fans in attendance. Some specifics from MLB Network's Jon Heyman: 

Owners will seek less than prorated pay for players, and in fact are adamant they will not pay prorated $, saying losses would be too steep. One possible proposal: a 50/50 revenue split. Players side’s been adamant about prorated $ (half pay for 81 games). Something has to give.

STO Tuesday night the tribe wins streak game #9 after back-to-back road double-header wins.......amazing!

On 5/13/2020 at 6:58 PM, mjp28 said:

STO Tuesday night the tribe wins streak game #9 after back-to-back road double-header wins.......amazing!

The STO streak replay is up to #12 on Friday's game in Chicago.

I'll watch some channel surfing or doing something else like being online.  Sports sure has changed in 2020 I used to watch every Indians game right up to college and NFL football. Oh well we'll see how things play out in July.

GO TRIBE, a half season coming up......we hope.

I'm surf watching the INDIANS going for streak win #15 in the 2017 22 game super streak.

In this game a whole bunch of people could win their windows all paid in full if the tribe set an all time win streak record of 15 straight in one of those promos.

Nice payday huh.   

~~~~~~~~~~

Well Monday night they showed #15 of 22 and a bunch of happy window customers divided up over $1.5 million in FREE windows.

The tribe headed back home (tonight) for #16 and the atmosphere really started to go through the roof.

I wonder if they will do another window giveaway this year ?

GO TRIBE !

Well the tribe won #21 yesterday to set the American League record for consecutive wins and go for it all on memorial day Monday on STO......once in a lifetime stuff, again.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, mjp28 said:

Well the tribe won #21 yesterday to set the American League record for consecutive wins and go for it all on memorial day Monday on STO......once in a lifetime stuff, again.

And I actually watched almost all of game #22 the final and most exciting extra inning game in the whole history making winning streak.

The last few games were watched by and reported on by countries all over the world with some interesting stories about baseball and the city of Cleveland.

This is why we watch sports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

~       Regardless  of how short  -or-  long the season may be baseball  all spring and summer going into the  (football)  fall  I still love the ......

Hot dogs, baseball,  apple pie (maybe way after)  and Chevrolet.    It just goes together  those hot dogs with the brown Stadium Mustard. 

Oh yeah !    Nothing quite like it, at the Stadium or at home.    MMMM-mmmmm.     :)

Welcome to Bertman Original Ball Park Mustard.

Bertman Foods Co. was started in the 1920’s by Joseph “Joe” Bertman. He was an old-fashioned businessman who could be making sales calls, loading trucks, reviewing books, or buying produce on any day. His work ethic is etched into our company DNA focusing on and expanding our product line and distribution. Bertman’s memorable spicy brown mustard, used at League Park, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Jacob’s Field, and now Progressive Field for over 90 years, and has been referred to by Rachael Ray as “the best mustard on the planet!” 

Bertman Original Ballpark Mustard is a brown mustard made by Bertman Foods Company, a Cleveland, Ohio, food manufacturer and distributor which has produced several varieties of mustards since 1925, well known regionally because they are served at sports stadiums around Cleveland.

images (24).jpeg

images (28).jpeg

images (15).jpeg

• mjp28 changed the title to ★ God I really miss baseball !  Hot dogs, baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet. ★ (See below, circa 2020.)
On 5/26/2020 at 11:27 AM, mjp28 said:

And I actually watched almost all of game #22 the final and most exciting extra inning game in the whole history making winning streak.

The last few games were watched by and reported on by countries all over the world with some interesting stories about baseball and the city of Cleveland.

This is why we watch sports.

~      Do any of you remember this incredible streak the Cleveland INDIANS  pulled off ?     It was a really fun time, and  YES  reporters from all over the sporting world covered  it.   Fun times in Cleveland,  Ohio.       :D

• mjp28 unpinned this topic